PDA

View Full Version : Planning

Ishara
11-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Alright, so having never actually been to a Con (I know, take away my papers now), I need help with this whole planning thing.

Are people planning to arrive Thursday night (April 22) and leave Sunday sometime? I tried checking the website to see what's going on at the Con on Sunday, but it's not up yet.

I don't want to book my flights without more information - help!

~ your friendly uptight Canadian

Isabel
11-20-2009, 12:15 PM
I personally found leaving on monday more convenient, so you can still talk to people on sunday and most of the times on saturday and sunday a lot happens.

SauceyBlueConfetti
11-20-2009, 01:46 PM
Keep me posted. I think I might be there this time.

JSUCamel
11-20-2009, 02:37 PM
As far as the convention itself goes, nothing really happens until Friday afternoon. If you really want to wait, you can arrive Friday morning and won't miss anything. However, I live a few miles away and will be around Thursday night. Last year, a few people were there on Thursday night, including Cary and Zan. Hopper and Yellowbeard live nearby, as well as Jason from Dragonmount and a few others, so there are plenty of people to hang out with if you want to arrive on Thursday evening.

As far as leaving, that depends on your schedule. I would say most of us leave Sunday afternoon, but if you don't have to be back to work on Monday, I'd take Sunday afternoon and go check out some Atlanta attractions, like the Coca-Cola museum or the Atlanta Aquarium. I will be available to hang out (and chauffer, I suppose) Sunday afternoon if you (or anyone else) wants to stick around.

SauceyBlueConfetti
11-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Camel, my sister in law lives in Dallas Georgia. How far away is that?

WinespringBrother
11-20-2009, 03:41 PM
I plan on arriving Thursday morning/afternoon(so I can find out who killed Asmo :)) and probably leaving monday morning. I just find it easier navigating through airports in the morning. Less hassle.

Zanguini
11-20-2009, 04:18 PM
We will arrive either thursday afternoon or wednesday night, depending and we will leave tuesday i expect though i am supposed to take her to a beach... but all the beaches in georgia suck ... so i dont know what we will actualy do on tuesday

JSUCamel
11-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Camel, my sister in law lives in Dallas Georgia. How far away is that?

It's probably about an hour, hour and a half drive from the hotel.

Frenzy
11-20-2009, 09:25 PM
i'd arrive late friday, and leave late sunday. Mostly cuz i'll have to work Friday.

Zaela Sedai
11-20-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm *guessing* I'd lcome late thursday or early friday and leave Monday

reTaardad
11-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Where do you live, JSU? I'm in Buckhead. Just curious, I didn't know there were any TH-ers in Atlanta.

JSUCamel
11-21-2009, 11:29 AM
Where do you live, JSU? I'm in Buckhead. Just curious, I didn't know there were any TH-ers in Atlanta.

I'm in Stockbridge (about 15 minutes south of I-285) but I work in Alpharetta up 400 near Haynes Bridge Rd.

Cary Sedai
11-21-2009, 07:49 PM
We will arrive either thursday afternoon or wednesday night, depending and we will leave tuesday i expect though i am supposed to take her to a beach... but all the beaches in georgia suck ... so i dont know what we will actualy do on tuesday

Doesn't matter if the beach sucks, baby. I just want to see the Atlantic Ocean. I've never done that, oh and bury my feet in the sand. :) As for what to do other than that with our extra time there... well it will be our honeymoon! ;)

ShadowbaneX
11-21-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't quite know what I'm doing yet...it might be Thursday-Monday, or it might change depending on when flights are cheaper...I'm a fat bastard and so they might well charge me two seats to fly anywhere so any savings I can get I'll probably take.

Hopper
11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
And I live in Kennesaw (land of mandatory gun ownership) about 35 minutes from the Con.

Muirenn
11-22-2009, 08:52 PM
For those of you planning travel around programming times...

Programming will begin at 1:00 on Friday, so get there sooner if you don't want to miss out. Be sure to leave time for hotel check-in and Con registration.

The plan is for everything to be done by 5-6 on Sunday. The Con staff wants to be able to go home and sleep. :P However, there are usually a lot of people who wait to go home on Monday, so there are plenty of folks to hang out with Sunday night.

Gilshalos Sedai
11-23-2009, 08:02 AM
We're going to start driving Thursday. Leave Sunday afternoon. I'm pretty sure 3 people in a car can make 14 hour trip without hotel stops.

Zanguini
11-23-2009, 04:22 PM
We will be flying in this time... I like to drive ... but i made this drive once... So its time to fly it.

Tamyrlin
11-23-2009, 07:19 PM
We'll arrive Thursday (as of now) and leave Monday morning or late Sunday night (depending on baby sitters and such).

It would be awesome to have 20-30 Theorylanders, more would be amazing. What's the official count so far? From this thread it looks to be 15-20.

Zanguini
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM

pops taer
11-24-2009, 12:17 PM
SoE, Seitaer and I plan to arrive Thur nite and prolly leave on Sunday!!! Anyhow if nothing gets fracked up...you will finally get a chance to meet the other two taer's and for those of you that haven't met Pops, it's gonna be all your pleasure....LOL!!! Here's hoping all goes well......I plan to be there even if things get messed up for the other two...

Cary Sedai
11-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Yay!!! I'm so excited about everyone who's coming! Pops, you better start exercising your torso to withstand the huge hug I've got saved up for you! :D

Ishara
11-25-2009, 07:58 AM
~hugs everyone~

Thanks for the responses! I feel much better now. I've been checking the big travel websites daily now, so as soon as I find a good deal, I'll pounce! I'm thinking Thursday-Sunday so I don't have to miss an extra day (unless I want to!).

Zaela Sedai
11-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Yay!!! I'm so excited about everyone who's coming! Pops, you better start exercising your torso to withstand the huge hug I've got saved up for you! :D

Hah! Get in line!!!! I'm first! I haven't seen my pops in 4 years!!! I MISS YOU!!!!

I'm so excited :) :) :) I better be there

Zaela Sedai
11-28-2009, 11:00 AM
I just realized I'll be there and prolly have 2 of my warders with me WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

Hopper
12-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I just realized I'll be there and prolly have 2 of my warders with me WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot about your Guardian Wolf. :confused:

Zaela Sedai
12-06-2009, 10:47 PM
You forgot about your Guardian Wolf. :confused:

psh please, I though it was obvious since YOU LIVE there... don't worry wolfie boy, I'll have your doggy bed ready and waiting!