PDA

View Full Version : Tag team! And multi-quote.

Terez
11-21-2009, 11:32 AM
First news: the update has a multi-quote option. That means that, if you're reading a long thread and want to reply to several people, you use the little quote button on each post (not the big one), and it will keep track of which posts you want to quote. Then, you use the regular 'post reply' button to reply to the thread (and it will quote all of those posts). I would suggest that, if you are using this feature, that you PLEASE trim your quotes to include only relevant information.

Now, to the really important news...

It's time for the tag team to get to work, guys! Now that we can tag threads, we will need to tag ALL THREADS in the WoT-related forums. However, we will need to agree on which tags to use so that this process will make it easier for everyone to use the boards and find old discussions. Don't let this stop you from getting to work on old threads, but please post here and give links to threads that you have tagged. When issues come up about what tags to use, we can discuss it here. Try to avoid using abbreviations (TP, WT, LTT, etc.) because this is intended to be noob-friendly!

I will be getting to work on this soon myself. Can't wait to have the boards organized this way!

SauceyBlueConfetti
11-21-2009, 01:03 PM
very cool, I searched the tags and this is very nifty. But maybe I am dense...I don't see a "little" quote button v. "big" quote button?

EDIT: Ok, once I hit the save button, they popped up. Maybe I just needed to refresh!!!

VERY cool

GonzoTheGreat
11-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Can't Tam simply slap the tag "LTT" to all threads? Then we can perhaps remove it if that debate didn't pop up somewhere.

Terez
11-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Can't Tam simply slap the tag "LTT" to all threads? Then we can perhaps remove it if that debate didn't pop up somewhere.
1. Like I said, we should avoid abbreviations, for the sake of noobs.
2. I already tagged all the Lews Therin threads on The Gathering Storm board. I'll go the General board now. It already dominates the tag cloud...

GonzoTheGreat
11-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Perhaps a sticky thread with tag explanations somewhere might be useful. Could be better than having dozens of twenty-character-long tags stuck to each thread, I think.

Matoyak
11-22-2009, 01:07 AM
I love the multi-quote feature. Been wanting that for a long time.

Terez
11-22-2009, 02:56 AM
I've been wanting both for a long time. It will be so much easier to find threads now...

Sarevok
11-22-2009, 04:44 AM
*does a happy dance*

They also fixed the Quick Reply option! It didn't work for me since I started using IE8. :D

Terez
11-22-2009, 05:06 AM
They probably didn't fix it - it probably accidentally got fixed with the update. But I don't suppose it makes a difference to you either way. :)

I like the little extension boxes you get to give rep now - much nicer than having to load a new page - but I could deal without the pop-up box thanking me for giving rep to that person, and wishing me good luck in getting return rep. It's cute but, I think, largely unnecessary...

Matoyak
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I started using IE8. :DDid the update enable anti-rep? No? Awh...:(

Alternate joke: "Why would you do such a thing? :("