PDA

View Full Version : R.A.F.O Card

Tamyrlin
11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Since I don't feel like getting my camera, making proper lighting, scanning the image in, etc., I threw together a poor recreation of the actual in photoshop to show you all what it looks like. It looks close enough to the real thing to be indicative for us freaks just how fun it is to have been given one of these cards by Brandon.

http://www.theoryland.com/images/card_rafo.jpg

I'll get around (or someone will or has) to posting the a scan of the real thing.

Belazamon
11-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Heh, very nice. :D

Terez
11-22-2009, 07:26 PM
LOL! He forgot another meaning for it that RJ used - It might mean that you need to go back and read the books more closely! My favorite example of this:

Second AOL chat October 1994 (http://zippy.ph.utexas.edu/%7Eabergman/jordan/)

Q: Will Moiraine come back from the dead since Lanfear and Asmodean apparently have?
RJ: Read and find out -- in fact, I *really* suggest you read and find out.

kcf
11-22-2009, 11:15 PM
I was sad that he didn't have them when I met with him - he said he would have liked to give me one and described it in detail.

jason wolfbrother
11-23-2009, 11:15 AM
I received the first one handed out at the San Jose book signing on Saturday. :D:D:D:cool: think I'll make it my new bookmark for reading WoT books :)

ShadowbaneX
11-23-2009, 12:36 PM
We should have a contest, which website can get the most RAFO cards...I'm thinking Theoryland would win.

Sodas
11-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Is their a card for people that are 3 for 3 on actually getting their questions answered without a RAFO?

:D

jason wolfbrother
11-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Well when I went to the SJ book signing for KoD and got the chance to ask RJ the questions I brought I went 10 for 11 with only one RAFO. Unfortunately, ;) I went one for two with BS ;) One RAFO and one "she's on the right track" answer :)

Terez
11-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Well when I went to the SJ book signing for KoD and got the chance to ask RJ the questions I brought I went 10 for 11 with only one RAFO. Unfortunately, ;) I went one for two with BS ;) One RAFO and one "she's on the right track" answer :)
Aren't you going to tell us what the questions were? :confused:

jason wolfbrother
11-23-2009, 09:39 PM
lol yeah I guess I could do that ;)

the RAFO question was "Are gholams immune to the True Power?"

and the 2nd one I asked as he was signing my book "To Jason Wolfbrother Graendal (might have) killed Asmodean" :cool: :cool: I had to try ;) ;) :D

anyway the question was if burned out channelers could be Healed as severed or stilled channelers could. his answer, paraphrased because I wasn't recording and I was laughing at what he wrote was.
"Nynaeve thinks that there is nothing that cannot be Healed. She was right about Healing Stilling and she is on the right track." but he didn't confirm or deny or RAFO whether burned out channelers could or could not be Healed.

Terez
11-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Interesting!

jason wolfbrother
11-23-2009, 09:45 PM
yeah definitely hints at Setalle Anan ;) ;)

Isabel
11-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Didn't RJ say that burned out couldn't be healed?

Weird Harold
11-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Didn't RJ say that burned out couldn't be healed?
Not explicitly that I recall.

He left the question open but implied that it would be much, much, much more difficult -- bordering on impossible.

Personally, I think Healing Burn-out is on a par with repairing an IC chip that smoked before the surge protector kicked in can be repaired.

GonzoTheGreat
11-24-2009, 05:34 AM
Didn't RJ say that burned out couldn't be healed?From what I remember of the Fantasy Fair time (where you were too), he suggested strongly that it couldn't be healed in the same way that stilling was.

I vaguely remember him using this analogy:
Compare it to broken bones. Stilling/gentling would then be a clean break, while being burned out would correspond to a messy break with a lot of splinters.

I'm not sure my memory is correct, so he may not have used this explanation at all.