PDA

View Full Version : Question: book 4-6.

Daekyras
11-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Hey, don't want to put this on main board as I'm sure it's been discussed and don't wish to be an annoyance!!!

In regards to BS and his small part of book 4-6 being important.

As I was recently reading thesebooks again i had that in mind and i was reminded of something i always found strange and have never had explained to me.

What is up with the whole Rhuarc/Berelain thing? The way she reacts to him and mentions of not wanting to repeat a "previous" encounter etc. I was almost completely convinced they were both DF's at one stage.

Could anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance,

Daek.

Matoyak
11-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Uhh...well, just so you know, the place to put this would be the General WoT board. As far as the question, sorry, can't help ya. I think I always figured he looked at her as an Aeil father would, and all that seems to imply. (Cause, iirc, that's sorta how the books described their relationship is "fatherlike"...unless I'm waaay remembering wrong?)

Daekyras
11-24-2009, 08:42 PM
No, you are correct matoyak, it is described as "fatherlike".

However, its more her response that is baffling- Rhuarc is the only one that she shows any defference to in book 4. In subsequent meetings this trend continues. I'm just thinking of why, as it is never explaind, i think, their relationship takes this course.

I know Rhuarc sees Egwene as a young girl in his dreams(tFoH) but he never acts like a father to her or the other young ladies...

Also, thanks for the heads up on posting!!!

Nazbaque
11-24-2009, 10:11 PM
I can't come up with quotes but iirc it is mentioned that Berelain tried her tricks on Rhuarc and got punished for it. I don't remember if the nature of the punishment was ever clarified but I got the impression it was on the same lines as what Perrin did to Faile in the Ways.

Gilshalos Sedai
11-25-2009, 12:46 PM
He spanked her, IIRC. Literally.