PDA

View Full Version : Greatings and Salutations

wolframbohr2
12-05-2009, 01:17 AM
Greatings and Salutations all.

My name is Michael. Live in Lancaster PA. Am 34, soon to be 35 /cry.

I seemed to have forgotten to post in here before I posted on some other threads. I think I may have joined this site many, many, many moons ago...but life happens. So I decided to actually say HI!!!

I can be very analytical, which is to be expected since I have a BS in Chemistry. I LOVE the books and more inportantly I LOVE trying to figure out everything about them.

I take a different approach to theories than most. I come up with one, then I go and try and tear it apart. I also try and come up with other theories for the same thing, and try and tear them apart.

I may favor a theory more than others, but I keep open to all. I we may think something has X amount of theories and then RJ gives us something that seems out of the blue, but when looking back all the clues are there.

Not much else. Trying to get by in a life that seems to be on the edge of the Blight. Keep having to rebuild after all the frikin trolloc raids and bubbles of evil. But hey, the Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills.

Birgitte
12-05-2009, 01:49 AM
Welcome to the Insanity, Rambo! Come visit us in the chatroom sometime (maybe someone'll actuall speak)! Straight jackets are thataway and crooked jackets are thatadirection ~gestures vaguely~ Help yourself. ;)

wolframbohr2
12-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Straight jackets are thataway and crooked jackets are thatadirection ~gestures vaguely~ Help yourself. ;)

Great, feels like I am back in the hospital. Where are the meds, and when do we get them?

jason wolfbrother
12-05-2009, 02:00 AM
~points to the ESC Cooler~

we keep the meds in the cooler...but we call it MD, Corona, Bud, Heineken, and basically whatever else might tickle your fancy. avoid the fairy dust ;) if possible. Zan didn't take my advice and now look at him :p ;) ;) :cool:

~pops the top of an MD~

So the really really important question...

Who killed Asmodean?

~ducks behind belafire proof shield~ :cool:

RogueSavior
12-05-2009, 02:03 AM
Demandred did, JWB. Obviously.

wolframbohr2
12-05-2009, 02:20 AM
So the really really important question...

Who killed Asmodean?

~ducks behind belafire proof shield~ :cool:

Isn't it obvious? I was to me. RJ did, he was the one that wrote the words ;)

jason wolfbrother
12-05-2009, 03:33 AM
~leans around shield~

cop out ;) ;) ;)

~hides behind shield again~

tworiverswoman
12-05-2009, 03:55 AM
Not much else. Trying to get by in a life that seems to be on the edge of the Blight. Keep having to rebuild after all the frikin trolloc raids and bubbles of evil. But hey, the Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills.
For some inexplicable reason, when I glanced at this paragraph it ended with "The Weebles Wobble as they will..."

Might be time to start a serious search for those crooked jackets soon...

Anyway - welcome to TL ... Rambo. What's the hr2 signify?

wolframbohr2
12-05-2009, 04:14 AM
GAH....the name is a combining of Wolfram and Bohr. Wolfram = tungsten, thats why it is W on the periodic table. Bohr = Niels Bohr, one of the founders of quantum mechanics. Note the BS in chemisty in my 1st post

Wolfram Bohr is the name I gave my wizard when I played EQ, many many many many many years ago, like when it first came out. Yes, a wizard, and not a druid. The animal parts of the name never occured to me until I kept getting a bazzilion /tells asking for SOW. Since then it has been my online persona.

Most times I like going by wolfram, or Wolf. but it would not let me register that. I then go to wolframbohr, and it would not let me do that either. Thats why I think I may have registered here ages ago. I added the 2 at the end so I could register.

I was woundering what the Rambo thing was in some of the posted. I never noticed that before.

An other online persona some have known be as is Boo, from Daboo, a character I played in WoW.

Ok, for the real answere to the Asmodean question. Isn't it obious that it is Mandevwin's poor aged aunt?

Jokeslayer
12-05-2009, 05:54 AM
Welcome to TL!

GonzoTheGreat
12-05-2009, 07:07 AM
You know, wOLFRAMbOHR2, you could have used capital letters to make clear which letters belonged to what part of your name.

Of course, I must admit: having spend some time on the Internet, I'm not sure that capital letters are commonly known in America. Surprisingly many people over there do not seem to be familiar with this concept.

Birgitte
12-05-2009, 12:43 PM
I was woundering what the Rambo thing was in some of the posted. I never noticed that before.

lol... Well, I was looking for a non-Wolfy nickname. There's too many wolfy nicknames and they get all confuzzlated. lol... However, in light of an explanation, I vote we switch it to Bohr. :D

You know, wOLFRAMbOHR2, you could have used capital letters to make clear which letters belonged to what part of your name.

Of course, I must admit: having spend some time on the Internet, I'm not sure that capital letters are commonly known in America. Surprisingly many people over there do not seem to be familiar with this concept.

Now that's just crazy talk, Gonzo. It's the shift key people don't like. It's all untrustworthy-looking... tricksy... What's the word I'm looking for? Oh, yeah. Shifty.

wolframbohr2
12-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I can't even chew gum and walk at the same time let alone use the upper caser key thingy. Plus I have a theory that the shift key is an invention of the DO.

Bohr.....ineresting. It may grow on me

WinespringBrother
12-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Welcome, Bors, I mean Bohr :)

Nazbaque
12-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Welcome Borh!

You may call me Naz!

Of course the shift key is an invention of the DO. you hold it down AND YOU GET THE DO TALK QED.

Belazamon
12-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Howdy!

Davian93
12-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Welcome to Theoryland! Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Sarevok
12-06-2009, 04:39 AM
Welcome to TL, Bohr! :D

*sets Naz on fire*

Sarevok
12-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Hey Bohr, I saw you joined chat and left within one minute, without saying a word...
Don't you wanna talk to us? :(

Anaiya Sedai
12-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Welcome, Bohr! I see you've met the inmates.

Do help yourself to some stuff from the cooler, but whatever you do, don't agree to making people grilled cheese.
On the other hand, I think we have some people here who wouldn't say no to a club sandwich. :D

Zaela Sedai
12-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Consider yourself officially welcomed to Theoryland Rambo!!! (/really wants to know what bad stuff goes on in Lancaster. LOL)As I'm sure you've noticed, we have a pretty decent community of WoT fanatics over here. One of the ways that we keep it all friendly is a short list of courtesies we ask people to follow and, once in a while, actually do get followed. Imagine that! Insane people following some sort of order!

1) Don't flood the board with multiple THREADS all at once.
Allow us the time to absorb, evaluate, and discuss, OR LAUGH at one or two ideas, OR JOKES at a time. Some of us like to do a little research before responding and that can take a little time. Of course, we also have those others who are just a bit slow. Read that as "just can't handle more than one thought in their heads at once" or "dial-up modem". Your choice. I'd suggest "have a real life", but not likely. Does anyone still have dial up? Wow...it's getting hard to give the slow people an excuse

Addendum to 1) Try to stay on topic.
Going off on tangents can be super fun and is something we are all guilty of your's truly included but try and keep threads on topic unless, 1) the thread is dead or 2) the thread naturally moves over to another topic. This rule is much more lax for joke threads, pop culture threads...etc.

2) Try to back up your opinions & theories.
You'll get a lot more respect if you can. Quotes from the books (of which you CANNOT read too much) are your best weapon. Quotes from interviews are semi-acceptable. Gut feelings are pseudo-acceptable. Whitecloak blind-faith is best submitted while wearing asbestos panties.

3) Feel free to get as emotionally involved as you'd like.
Discussions can get very heated. But try not to take things personally. Remember: we only insult the ones we love. Or the ones we eventually hand over to the Trollocs.

4) Be respectful.
A lot of people have been around Theoryland for a long time. Being a Youngling means you're new around here. We do understand that you may have been reading WoT forever, but if you're gonna pick a fight regarding a WoT theory with someone who's an Elder, Ancient or Hero, understand that they've been around for a while now, and probably have posting friends. And Tamyrlin is Lord of the Board for a reason: this whole place is his brainchild. Keep that in mind. They also have posting enemies.... a good little bit of information to tuck away.

Addendum to 4: This is an international community.
In regards to the Non-WoT discussion groups, please respect the opinions of people from nations and cultures other than your own, even if you disagree with them or the policies of their leaders and politicians. Try to remember that not everyone here has the same outlook or life experience that you might. If you want to send a letter or e-mail to anyone in particular to indicate any specific moral, educational, intellectual, or genetic deficiencies they may have, feel free. Just please don't do it here.

Addendum 1 to Addendum 4: We don't all agree about the issues regarding the military action in Iraq. Post about this issue at your own risk. Things seem to be under control now. Though, there have been some flare-ups….be careful. We have had our own TLers over there, back home safe and sound, hope it stays that way. (I can't wait to be able to delete this Addendum.)

Addendum 2 to Addendum 4: Please no angry profanity.
If you really need to tell someone off, be creative. And replacing characters with @$$ does NOT constitute creativity. I like tend to like the Shakespearean approach myself. The smarter and more subtle you are with it, just makes the person look that much more an idiot.

Addendum 3 to Addendum 4: Please be nice to Newbies.
We were all new at one time you are one right now and there is no need to come down on anyone for asking questions that to the elder community may be basic knowledge. This is for you to remember after you've been here awhile.

Addendum 4 to Addendum 4: Please TRY not to feed the Trolls.
Trust me, it ain't easy at times, but ignore the obvious instigators. Just sit yourself down between the Heroes and Ancients sharpening the WTF Couch sticks. There are many on the board who know how to deal with this breed, leave them to it. It can be quite entertaining. If things get too offensive to the population in general, Mods will intervene. Feel free, however, to respond to Gonzo, our Resident Troll, we love him like a red-headed step child.

5) Please don't use the New Users Forum to recruit.
We have plenty of room in the other forums for begging for support for factions, theories, and the TCA. Please let the newbies look around for a while before taking sides in any pseudo-battles. ~looks around~ our biggest offender has not been around for a while ~sniff~

6) Most important: Have Fun!
We do this because we love it and like to think that we are, at least, reasonably intelligent. Hell, some of us have deluded ourselves into believing that we've evolved into supremely intelligent beings! Half the posters here believe that divine supremacy has already come to them! My vote is for Frenzy, and myself, of course. You know the Truth when you see it. Don't let T and her massive bag o' quotes fool you. We will assume some intelligence on your part. You found us, didn't you? Until you prove otherwise…and there are many who have, you'll be safe. If you get hurt if you do prove otherwise, I will offer my one free Healing…but just that once. After that you get to meet a special pair of chains, Mwahahahaa

Remember, you EARN your respect here, it's not given out freely and some may never know the pleasure.

Welcome to our little rounded corner! It’s a great time!

Enjoy!

Zaela Sedai, Official Theoryland Greeter, Mistress of Novices

Davian93
12-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Consider yourself officially welcomed to Theoryland Rambo!!! (/really wants to know what bad stuff goes on in Lancaster. LOL)

Lots of quilt-making and quality furniture production...and really good pretzels.

wolframbohr2
12-06-2009, 10:25 PM
I cant get the chat stuff to work, atlest on the work comps.

I tried the one I use at home (its not mine, long story). But it kinda looks like the same thing.

It says I am loged in, i say "hello", that pops up on the screen, but I dont see anyone else chatting.

I am assuming that it the chat, cause I make sure that I use deoderant before I go in there.

For bad stuff here, well...you can get yourself into trouble, if you know where to look. Just remember, DO NOT MILK COWS WITH COLD HANDS, they kick!!!

wolframbohr2
12-06-2009, 10:40 PM
For those that dont know some of the other local towns around here are:

Intercourse
Bird-In-Hand
Blueball
Virginville
Mountville

you can read into that as much as you like ;)

yks 6nnetu hing
12-07-2009, 05:33 AM
Welcome Bohr :)

Zanguini
12-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Hmm a chemist who seems affable. Well I encourage you to join the non-wot board especially if like grilled cheese or bacon... or hate global warming or really endorse the idea of torture to reveal sensitive information. We have another chemist around somewhere i am sure you will be able to recognize her from her name. Enjoy your stay and dont trust anything the dutch or canadians say.

Nazbaque
12-07-2009, 11:41 AM
What about Finns can he trust what they say?

GonzoTheGreat
12-07-2009, 11:47 AM
What about Finns can he trust what they say?The answers are true. The answers are often obscure, however. If you need help working out what yours mean, I offer my services.

Sarevok
12-07-2009, 11:49 AM
It says I am loged in, i say "hello", that pops up on the screen, but I dont see anyone else chatting.

This is a moot point since you're in chat right now... actually, you just left (Ping timeout)...

You mean there was no reply, or couldn't you see anyone in the user list at all?
If there was just no response, it's probably because the ppl that were there, were AFK. :)

Zaela Sedai
12-07-2009, 10:40 PM
For those that dont know some of the other local towns around here are:

Intercourse
Bird-In-Hand
Blueball
Virginville
Mountville

you can read into that as much as you like ;)

Welll there's nothing elese to do there cept watch the horse and buggies and go to the Hershey Factory LOL

I think I'll stake out Virginville :D ;)

wolframbohr2
12-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Welll there's nothing elese to do there cept watch the horse and buggies and go to the Hershey Factory LOL

There is plenty to do here. Lot of outlets for shopping. Some good play houses. Some pretty good resteraunts. A few nice clubs. Then there are the cute hot farm boys working in the fields wearing wife beaters. Their hard muscles rippleing in the sun and glistening from the sweat....umm where was I, oh yeah, lots of stuff to do here, and we are just a short trip from Philli, Balt, DC and even Pit.

Zaela Sedai
12-08-2009, 12:12 PM
I know the area :p

Can you find those boys in Virginville? Oh wait...married shite...

wolframbohr2
12-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I am sure I can find a few of those boys who can give you a "practicle" lesson on farm life. And since it is studying or understanding knowlage it won't hurt the marrage. After all a good AS needs to take one for the team to understand these things.

Belazamon
12-08-2009, 01:24 PM
After all a good AS needs to take one for the team to understand these things.
Or, in this case, from the team.

Terez
12-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I can think of a lot of Aes Sedai who are taking one for the team. Supposedly.