PDA

View Full Version : Memorable Scenes

wolframbohr2
12-17-2009, 08:22 PM
What are some of your favoite/memorable sceens in the series?

I have a couple.

Egwene with the Seanchan. Everytime I do a read through I keep forgetting how short it is in the books. It is so powerfull and makes me angry, its not a happy sceen, but one that sticks with me. I remember frined sasking what was wrong when i was reading it for the 1st time. They thought i was nuts to have a book effect me so much.

Loial protecting the children and women in the Stone. I know it is not written, but the aftermath with the flowers, but OMG, what is in my head with how and what he did.

The Two Rivers battle with Perin in charge. What those women did, eating half rations. And the Tinkers with the childen. I hope I have half their courage when something like that happens to me.

Egwene at the raid on the WT. Pure awsomeness, and the POV from the other AS who did not know it was her doing what she was doing. I think this was so good cause of how I felt with her being captured.

There are other great moments, but these are the ones that stick with me.

Terez
12-17-2009, 08:26 PM
I have a bunch too. The battle at the docks is up there (Rand's point of view and Moiraine's are both awesome), and also one that doesn't get a lot of mention: when Elayne took charge of the Aes Sedai in Ebou Dar (at the same time as Moghedien was trying to kill Nynaeve). That scene was awesome and under-appreciated.

Ozymandias
12-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Nynaeve rallying the exiled Malkieri

Mat berating the Sea Folk, and then Nynaeve

Rand using Callandor against the Seanchan and slaughtering just about everyone in his rage.

Basically every time Nynaeve, Elayne, or Egwene gets her comeuppance for acting like a know it all and unfailingly being wrong.

Hugh the Hand
12-17-2009, 09:24 PM
This one is fun.

A) The Wolves "We Come."

B) Rand meeting the Queen with his Heron Marked Sword

C) "Forward and back"

Many many others.

jason wolfbrother
12-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Rand meeting Elayne, Gawyn, and Galad for the first time.

Mat destroying Gawyn and Galad in the two on one sword vs staff fight.

Rand vs. Turak

Rand vs. Be'lal

Rand vs. Ba'alzamon (all three rounds ;))

Rand and Moridin talking civilly in the dream room in TGS

The Forsaken Coffee Hour in WH

wolframbohr2
12-17-2009, 11:05 PM
OOO, yeah, Mat schooling those guys in the White Tower, and the speach given by Hammer.

Terez
12-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Rand and Moridin talking civilly in the dream room in TGS
I forgot this one...and also, the 'one face' dream in The Eye of the World (ch. 24).

I also really liked the Cleansing. Chiché, I know...and I know a lot of people didn't like it because they expected more out of the Forsaken, but I think it was right the way it was done.

Anaiya Sedai
12-18-2009, 05:22 AM
I love the scene where elayne takes charge in Ebu Dar. And Nynaeve breaking her block.
Rand and Moridin talking in TGS.
Egwene's PoV during the battle for the WT.
I smiled at Siuan bonding Bryne. (soppy, I know)
Nynaeve gathering the Malkieri.
Galad vs. Valda.
Mat vs Gawyn and Galad.
The battle of the Two Rivers.
Egwene and Verin talking in tGS.

Kurtz
12-18-2009, 06:15 AM
Logain with the Sea Folk in KoD. I like that for some reason

WinespringBrother
12-18-2009, 08:20 AM
some of my faves:

Rand and co. at Barthanes' party
Mat sneaking into the Palace in Caemlyn
Battle of Dumai's Wells
Battle of Emond's Field
Nynaeve healing Logain
Rand and Min at the rebel's camp
Moiraine's letter reading

SauceyBlueConfetti
12-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Asha'man, KILL

Elayne untying the weaves with Avi, Birgitte and Nynaeve refusing to leave her alone there...when they were escaping Ebou Dar.

Verin and Egwene, at tea

Nynaeve rallying the Malkieri. Short, sweet but it packed a wallop.

Every POV and little bit of the Cleansing of Saidin

All the Aiel bits, but particularly Rand and Mat in Rhuidean.

yks 6nnetu hing
12-18-2009, 09:00 AM
Egwene declaring martial law/taking over the Salidar AS for real
Nynaeve Healing Logain, Siuan and Leane
Min getting more and more interested in books
Aviendha & Rand @ Winter Wonderland
Dumai's Wells
Egwene's first conversation with Moghedien ("Lie to me once")
Battle of Tar Valon
Egwene and Verin in TGS

Sarevok
12-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Tuon realizing Mat is awesome.

And this:
OOO, yeah, Mat schooling those guys in the White Tower, and the speach given by Hammer.

jason wolfbrother
12-18-2009, 09:50 AM
A couple more that popped into my head after I left for work last night and couldn't post

Mat putting the Wondergirls in their place in Salidar when they realized channeling didn't work on him.

Egwene, Elayne, and Nynaeve vs robbers/thugs/idiots vs. Fades vs. Aiel (after they left Tar Valon and the grounded boat)

Moiraine and Lan's first meeting(s) in New Spring

Mat storming the Stone of Tear.

Mat's escape from Tar Valon when his luck ran so wild that first night

GonzoTheGreat
12-18-2009, 10:45 AM
A scene which I hope BS will remember writing: when Gawyn hears that his mother actually isn't quite dead, yet.

Yellowbeard
12-18-2009, 02:04 PM
The first time Elayne got drunk and Nynaeve gave her the equivalent of a toilet swirly in a water bucket to get her to sober up.

Mat's first fight w/ the gholam.

Daekyras
12-18-2009, 02:57 PM
This one is fun.

B) Rand meeting the Queen with his Heron Marked Sword

This. My favourite bit of the entire series. the whole sentence about talmanes and the guardsman edging away and being "prepared to die" gives me goose-bumps every time.

Almost anything involving Mat after Falme. "This is the lapdog?" My favourite character by far.

Shadar Haran punishing forsaken- leaves you in no doubt he is a bad, bad dude...

wolframbohr2
12-18-2009, 04:49 PM
The people singing to the one man that went insane so that the city could evacuate. Then going down to one last person singing for hours to try and stop him, knowing they were going to die, but they kept singing.

Reminded me of the Tiennemen Square photo.

Ieyasu
12-18-2009, 05:03 PM
This. My favourite bit of the entire series. the whole sentence about talmanes and the guardsman edging away and being "prepared to die" gives me goose-bumps every time.

I think you mean Tallanvor?

Daekyras
12-18-2009, 05:09 PM
yes, yes i do. Damn that talamanes! Maybe he is a forsaken...

dukescott
12-19-2009, 03:28 AM
Any scene with Aes Sedai channeling at Matt and realizing it doesn't work. Him spanking Joline topped them all though. Only one that could be better would be Cadsuanne trying to channel at him.

Second would be Nyneave gathering the troops for Lan's journey to the gap.

Egwene's entire TGS is impressive as well.

Rands POV on Dragonmount was pretty good too.

nameless
12-19-2009, 04:20 AM
I'd like to see Mat and Cadsuane's ter'angreal have some sort of dangerous interaction like Verin's dreamweaver and the Accepted Testing device. It'd be great if her hair caught fire as soon as he walked into the same room as her.

For my money Ingtar's confession and redemption at the end of tGH is still the best scene in the whole series. The way it tied together all the themes brought up earlier in the book was just brilliant storytelling.

Anaiya Sedai
12-19-2009, 04:42 AM
I'd like to see Mat and Cadsuane's ter'angreal have some sort of dangerous interaction like Verin's dreamweaver and the Accepted Testing device. It'd be great if her hair caught fire as soon as he walked into the same room as her.

LOL :D

Daekyras
12-19-2009, 05:07 AM
I also love the scene in the waste where there is the night time attack. Mat takes on the fade. Excellent action and beautifully described.

The aftermath is wonderful too when melindra tells him 'you're as tall as a man needs to be'.

Note to board: daek is only 5' 10''. All the other guys on this board seem like 6 two. Yes, i'm a hand shorter!! RJ would love me

GonzoTheGreat
12-19-2009, 05:14 AM
So you're almost as tall as ...
You came here just a little bit later.
You have nearly as many good theories.

I sense a Daekandred theory coming up.

jason wolfbrother
12-19-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm only 5'10" as well Daek don't worry. Bigger they are the harder they fall ;) ;) :cool:

Kurtz
12-19-2009, 03:15 PM
When Perrin raids the Aiel camp, finds Faile and dismisses the scent of guilt as irrelevant.

Knew his wife loved him and everything else could get fucked

Mort
12-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Ghawd... there are so many good moments in this series, I couldn't even begin to make a #1 placement.

The most powerful though is probably some battlecry instigated moment like Ingtar making a last stand or perhaps the Two River invasion.

Rand declaring himself the dragon reborn after punching a hole in Ishamael is also a good one.

lurk
12-22-2009, 09:18 AM
The scenes I really really really liked are:

Rand producing forgotten/unknown weaves out of the blue thanks to LTT's memories (deathgates, arrows of fire, SWEEEET)

Nynaeve rallying the malkieri, The golden crane flies for Tarmon Gaidon
Mat beating Galad and Gawain

All fights between blademasters, river undercuts the bank, the swallow takes flight, parting the silk, Lightning of three prongs etc.

Rand breaking out of the box at Dumais wells, Free, They will pay, I am the lord of the morning

The two rivers battles and Perrin becoming a lord and there is nothing he can do about it :)

Mat speaking (in the old tongue) to Birgitte leading to the apologies from Elayne and Nynaeve

All other scenes I just really like :D

Bonzi77
12-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Note to board: daek is only 5' 10''. All the other guys on this board seem like 6 two. Yes, i'm a hand shorter!! RJ would love me

I'm 6'5. So you're almost two hands shorter than me.