PDA

View Full Version : Rand's new sword

Terez
12-30-2009, 02:40 AM
For those who don't know, Brandon confirmed to a select few who had read the book in advance that Rand's new sword was Justice:

Email correspondence with Brandon 21 November 2009 - Kathana Trevalaer reporting, via Luckers at Dragonmount (http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,50624.0.html)

Rand gets a new sword in chapter one. It has been confirmed by Kathana Travaeler that this is Justice through direct email correspondence with Brandon and Maria.
Brandon apparently did not intend this information to be publicly announced, someone posted about it on the Dragonmount forums before the book was released. We all assumed that it had been revealed later in the book, so it was considered a spoiler for book 12. So, we only got a small bit more info on it in the books, and not the identity of the sword:

TITLE - The Gathering Storm
CHAPTER: 37 - A Force of Light

He stood, reaching for the sword which leaned against his clothing chest. The black scabbard, with its lacquered red and gold dragon, sparkled in the light. Such a strange weapon those scholars had found beneath the submerged statue. The sword felt so old. Was Rand wearing it today as a symbol of something? A sign, perhaps, that he was riding to battle?

"You're going after her, aren't you?" Min found herself asking. "Graendal."

"I have to fix what problems I can," Rand said, pulling the ancient sword from the sheath and checking the blade. There was no heron mark, but the fine steel blade glistened in the lamplight, showing the undulating lines of its folded metal. It had been Power-forged, he claimed. He seemed to know things about it he did not share.
And Brandon continued to dodge the issue on tour, only really giving one more hint about where it was found:

The Gathering Storm Book Tour, Scottsdale Public Library, Phoenix Arizona 16 November 2009 - kcf reporting (http://z6.invisionfree.com/White_Tower_Library/index.php?showtopic=208&view=findpost&p=1157204)

Q: Whatís up with Randís sword? Was it Lews Therinís?
A: There are some really good theories out there on the message boards and I donít have anything to add on this.

I followed up on where it was found, basically ĎIn water, under a statue, not near Falmeí.

Of course, we had learned about the sword in Chapter 1, which was posted on tor.com about a month or two before the book release.

TITLE - The Gathering Storm
CHAPTER: 1 - Tears from Steel

He relaxed his hand on his sword, though he did not release it. He fingered the cloth-tied hilt. The weapon was long, slightly curved, and the lacquered scabbard was painted with a long, sinuous dragon of red and gold. It looked as if it had been designed specifically for Randóand yet it was centuries old, unearthed only recently. How odd, that they should find this now, he thought, and make a gift of it to me, completely unaware of what they were holding. . . .

He had taken to wearing the sword immediately. It felt right beneath his fingers. He had told no one, not even Min, that he had recognized the weapon. And not, oddly, from Lews Therinís memoriesóbut Randís own.
Really, we had enough here to determine that it was Justice, because the fact that Rand remembered something centuries old was 'odd' (and specifically not from Lews Therin's own memories), so the circumstances under which he saw it previously had to be odd. Falme is the only thing that really qualifies, since the sword was recently unearthed. If Rand saw it in his own lifetime, then it couldn't have been the real sword. Therefore, it was Justice.

The only things speaking against it being Justice were:

1. The fact that Rand was reluctant to tell anyone, even Min, what the sword was. Why wouldn't he tell Min? She was at Falme. But that is explained by Rand being overly paranoid about Min thinking he is crazy, to the point of being woolheaded, even.

2. The dragon scabbard. Why would Hawkwing have a dragon on his scabbard? He couldn't even channel. But the answer to that is in the BWB. Hawkwing's rise to fame was on his campaign against Guaire Amalasan, and the Consolidation began after Guaire was captured:

TITLE - The World of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time
CHAPTER: 11 - The Second Dragon and the Rise of Artur Hawkwing

Caught by surprise, Amalasanís forces came very near collapse in the first half-hour. Amalasan could have rallied them and turned the battle his way - he had done as much before - but Hawkwing and his horsemen drove straight for Amalasanís banner, with them the Aes Sedai, and Amalasan was taken. (Given his ability to channel, stories of a man-to-man duel between him and Hawkwing must be discarded; Hawkwing himself always denied it.) Once the news began to spread, Amalasanís army did collapse.
So, was there actually a duel? I could believe it, since Hawkwing was ta'veren and there were Aes Sedai there to shield Amalasan. So, either Hawkwing took Amalasan's sword as a trophy, and named it Justice, or he had a dragon scabbard on his sword simply to signify that he had defeated the false Dragon (like Rand's Dragon Scepter).

So then I begin to suspect that Brandon said 'there are a lot of good theories out there' because some people thought it was Amalasan's sword. It could well be both.

As to where it was found, the bits about it being found 'in water, under a statue, not near Falme' immediately brought my mind to Hawkwing's stedding, where Perrin and Egwene were captured by Whitecloaks in book 1, where a spring rose out of the remnants of Hawkwing's statue, and indeed, there is some nice foreshadowing to that effect:

TITLE - The Eye of the World
CHAPTER: 30 - Children of Shadow

At the base of the hill he studied the massive, flat rock outlined against the sky, jutting out the slope almost at the crest. There was an odd familiarity to the way the top of the huge slab seemed to form irregular steps, three up and one down. He climbed the short distance and felt across the stone, walking along it. Despite the weathering of centuries he could still feel four joined columns. He glanced up at the step-like top of the stone, towering over his head like a huge lean-to. Fingers. We'll shelter in Artur Hawkwing's hand. Maybe some of his justice is left here.
So I think we know where it was found. The only question is, why didn't the 'scholars' who gave it to Rand have any idea what they were giving him? They should have known.

Also, what are the implications of the sword being Justice? It has been argued before that this was a reference to Justice (which was ridiculous before book 12):

And it came to pass in those days, as it had come before and would come again, that the Dark lay heavy on the land and weighed down the hearts of men, and the green things failed, and hope died. And men cried out to the Creator, saying, O Light of the Heavens, Light of the World, let the Promised One be born of the mountain, according to the prophecies, as he was in ages past and will be in ages to come. Let the Prince of the Morning sing to the land that green things will grow and the valleys give forth lambs. Let the arm of the Lord of the Dawn shelter us from the Dark, and the great sword of justice defend us. Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

(from Charal Drianaan to Calamon,
The Cycle of the Dragon.
Author unknown, the Fourth Age)
Should we also consider this passage differently?

TITLE: Dragon Reborn
CHAPTER: 6 - The Hunt Begins

"Neither the first nor the last," Moiraine said. "Callandor will be but one fulfillment of The Karaethon Cycle, as his birth on the slopes of Dragonmount was the first. He has yet to break the nations, or shatter the world. Even scholars who have studied the Prophecies for their entire lives do not know how to interpret them all. What does it mean that he 'shall slay his people with the sword of peace, and destroy them with the leaf? What does it meant that he 'shall bind the nine moons to serve him'? Yet these are given equal weight with Callandor in the Cycle. There are others. What 'wounds of madness and cutting of hope' has he healed? What chains has he broken, and who put into chains? And some are so obscure that he may already have fulfilled them, although I am not aware of it. But, no. Callandor is far from the end of it."
I'd say probably not, but it is something that should be considered.

Also, could the 'blade of light' refer to Justice, which 'shone like a mirror' in Hawkwing's hand?

GonzoTheGreat
12-30-2009, 05:22 AM
Good questions.
As for the answers: read and find out. :p

Terez
12-30-2009, 05:55 AM
LOL, I'm sure there are more details to dig out of the series on Justice before the next book comes out. I found a few; maybe you guys can find some too. :)

GonzoTheGreat
12-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Brandon apparently did not intend this information to be publicly announced, someone posted about it on the Dragonmount forums before the book was released. We all assumed that it had been revealed later in the book, so it was considered a spoiler for book 12. So, we only got a small bit more info on it in the books, and not the identity of the sword:First, I disagree with you here.

Rand is wearing the sword Justice when he goes to dispense justice to Graendal. That's pretty blatant, put like that, isn't it?

Some other possible cases from the books that you missed:
"I will give you justice then, Rand al'Thor," she said.True, it wasn't Morgase who gave him Justice, but that's a detail, surely.

Only after he was back in the corner did she move close enough to pick up what he had set there. Never taking her eyes or the crossbow away from him, she lifted it up where she could see. A small ivory plaque bordered in gold, engraved with a raven and a tower. The raven's eyes were black sapphires. A raven, symbol of the Imperial family; the Tower of Ravens, symbol of Imperial justice.Interesting, in the light of the title of the next book. Probably a coincidence, of course.

Beside the wide arched gate into the city, a long platform displayed, on spikes twenty feet above the ground, the tarred but still recognizable heads of over a dozen men and two women who had fallen afoul of Seanchan justice. Above them hung the symbol for that justice, a headsman's slant-edged axe with the haft wrapped in an intricately knotted white cord.Interesting that the symbol for Seanchan's justice is an axe, not a sword.

Crispin's Crispian
12-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Was Rand wearing the sword when he met Tuon, or was he specifically not wearing it for truce reasons? I'm just curious if there's anything about the sword that would be significant to the Seanchan.

Otherwise, I don't really know why it would be introduced at this point in time.

Davian93
12-30-2009, 12:01 PM
So, was there actually a duel? I could believe it, since Hawkwing was ta'veren and there were Aes Sedai there to shield Amalasan. So, either Hawkwing took Amalasan's sword as a trophy, and named it Justice, or he had a dragon scabbard on his sword simply to signify that he had defeated the false Dragon (like Rand's Dragon Scepter).

If he was shielded by AS, why wouldn't they also bind him with flows of Air?

I could see him easily taking it off Amalasian as a war prize but a dual seems a bit far fetched.

GonzoTheGreat
12-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Rand was wearing the sword when he met Tuon.

And there might not have been enough AS left to do more than shield Amalasan. If they had decreased the strength of the shield so that they could bind him, and he had then broken free and stilled the lot, they would have been worse off than if they kept him limited to using his body.

Davian93
12-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Rand was wearing the sword when he met Tuon.

And there might not have been enough AS left to do more than shield Amalasan. If they had decreased the strength of the shield so that they could bind him, and he had then broken free and stilled the lot, they would have been worse off than if they kept him limited to using his body.

I guess...though it doesn't really take that much effort to bind someone.

GonzoTheGreat
12-30-2009, 03:51 PM
I guess...though it doesn't really take that much effort to bind someone.No, but they may have noticed that they were just barely keeping him from channeling. When shielding someone, you can feel it when he tries to break free. More relevantly for this point: you can feel how close to succeeding he is.

Bane Darkwulf
12-30-2009, 04:30 PM
No, but they may have noticed that they were just barely keeping him from channeling. When shielding someone, you can feel it when he tries to break free. More relevantly for this point: you can feel how close to succeeding he is.

Not only this, but tower custom requires that the circle that shields a man use its full strength.

TITLE: Lord of Chaos
CHAPTER: 52 - Weaves of the Power
Logain jerked up onto his knees, snarling, and she embraced saidar and had him wrapped securely in flows of Air in the space of a heartbeat. The sisters shielding him had all their strength directed into thatóanother custom; you must use every bit of your strength to shield a manóbut several could split their weaves, and one might have diverted part to him if they thought he might harm her. She did not want to risk him being injured.

Marie Curie 7
12-30-2009, 04:47 PM
One of the things that I don't understand about the sword is when Rand would have received it. Since he's apparently just recently started carrying it around, I assume he got it between the time of his encounter with Semirhage and the present. Am I wrong about that?

If that's the case, though, during that time Rand was supposedly hopping from one hiding place to another:

TITLE: Gathering Storm
CHAPTER: 1 - Tears from Steel

This building was one in a long line of manors, estates and other remote hiding places Rand had used during the last few weeks. He'd wanted to keep moving, jumping from location to location, following the failed meeting with Semirhage. He'd wanted time to think, to consider, and hopefully time to confuse the enemies that might be searching for him. Lord Algarin's manor in Tear had been compromised; a pity. That had been a good place to stay. But Rand had to keep moving.

So when during all this hiding would Rand have bumped into the scholars who gave him the sword? Seems kinda odd...

Bane Darkwulf
12-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Anytime he checked up on his schools. The only true scholars in Randland, excepting the Brown Ajah.

Terez
12-30-2009, 08:12 PM
There are also scholars among the Sea Folk.

Davian, Hawkwing might have talked the Aes Sedai into letting him duel with Amalasan. That's the only way it makes sense. Seems far-fetched, but we are talking about a ta'veren here.

Davian93
12-30-2009, 08:24 PM
I think its more believable that he simply took Amalasian's sword/scabbard as a war prize after defeating his army/capturing him.

An actual dual is so problematic that its not really belieavable.

wolframbohr2
12-30-2009, 08:33 PM

Terez
12-30-2009, 08:47 PM
That was a different story.

Marie Curie 7
12-31-2009, 01:44 AM
Anytime he checked up on his schools. The only true scholars in Randland, excepting the Brown Ajah.

But that's the point - Rand was hiding. Why would he pop into one of his academies if he didn't want anyone to know where he was?

Sarevok
12-31-2009, 03:36 AM
But that's the point - Rand was hiding. Why would he pop into one of his academies if he didn't want anyone to know where he was?

He could have been gone again in 5 minutes. Maybe he considered knowing what was going on to be worth the risk.

Yuri33
12-31-2009, 04:42 AM
I agree with the Marie's question about when Rand would have had the opportunity to be presented with Justice. They had to have been hopping around fairly hurriedly, since by the time they settled in at the manor house in Arad Doman (which was at least 3-4 weeks after Semi's attack), they hadn't had much time to question Semi:

TGS, Tears from Steel:
"Rand, that . . . creature is a stone," Nynaeve said, turning to him. "She's yielded barely a single useful sentence despite days of questioning! All she does is explain how inferior and backward we are, with the occasional aside that she's eventually going to kill us all." Nynaeve reached up to her long, single braidóbut stopped herself short of tugging on it. She was getting better about that. Rand wondered why she bothered, considering how obvious her temper was.

Terez
12-31-2009, 06:00 AM
They might have gotten on board with the Aiel and the Legion of the Dragon who were camped a few miles west of Caemlyn, until Aviendha left with them in Knife of Dreams. Rand didn't encounter those groups until after the Semirhage incident. The Hawkwing stedding is not all that far west of Caemlyn.

Kalli
12-31-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by RJ/TP
TITLE - The World of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time
CHAPTER: 11 - The Second Dragon and the Rise of Artur Hawkwing

Caught by surprise, Amalasanís forces came very near collapse in the first half-hour. Amalasan could have rallied them and turned the battle his way - he had done as much before - but Hawkwing and his horsemen drove straight for Amalasanís banner, with them the Aes Sedai, and Amalasan was taken. (Given his ability to channel, stories of a man-to-man duel between him and Hawkwing must be discarded; Hawkwing himself always denied it.) Once the news began to spread, Amalasanís army did collapse.

The matter of his taking is not really given in detail but as everyone's already noted the sword could of been taken has a war prize. However, if he was shielded he may of just surrendered and it's not uncommon for a military commander to surrender his sword and command to the victor.

Crispin's Crispian
12-31-2009, 11:41 AM
The matter of his taking is not really given in detail but as everyone's already noted the sword could of been taken has a war prize. However, if he was shielded he may of just surrendered and it's not uncommon for a military commander to surrender his sword and command to the victor.

If it is Amalasan's sword, which I'm not ready to accept, I agree that this is the most likely way Hawkwing got hold of it.

I think the section here:

How odd, that they should find this now, he thought, and make a gift of it to me, completely unaware of what they were holding. . . .

is telling. Rand thinks it's odd. We think it's odd. There's just no way it could be a coincidence, so what's the story? Should we be worried that these scholars somehow found Rand as he was hopping around in hiding and gave him this gift? Doesn't it seem suspicious? Or are these Rand's personal scholars digging to find something specific that he's looking for? If they're not, what the hell?

GonzoTheGreat
12-31-2009, 12:02 PM
There's just no way it could be a coincidence, so what's the story? Should we be worried that these scholars somehow found Rand as he was hopping around in hiding and gave him this gift? Doesn't it seem suspicious? Or are these Rand's personal scholars digging to find something specific that he's looking for? If they're not, what the hell?Perhaps they're traveling scholars. They also on Discworld in The Wee Free Men (by TP), so why shouldn't they visit Randland too?

Davian93
12-31-2009, 12:09 PM
If it is Amalasan's sword, which I'm not ready to accept, I agree that this is the most likely way Hawkwing got hold of it.

I think the section here:

is telling. Rand thinks it's odd. We think it's odd. There's just no way it could be a coincidence, so what's the story? Should we be worried that these scholars somehow found Rand as he was hopping around in hiding and gave him this gift? Doesn't it seem suspicious? Or are these Rand's personal scholars digging to find something specific that he's looking for? If they're not, what the hell?

Well, we know by the prophecies that Rand wields Justice...we just didn't realize it was a literal translation. Ta'veren make things happen.

There's probably some pretty strong symbolism in the fact that the Pattern only gave Rand Justice after he lost his ability to wield it as an actual weapon.

Daekyras
12-31-2009, 12:10 PM
There's just no way it could be a coincidence, so what's the story? Should we be worried that these scholars somehow found Rand as he was hopping around in hiding and gave him this gift? Doesn't it seem suspicious? Or are these Rand's personal scholars digging to find something specific that he's looking for? If they're not, what the hell?

Just one thing, is there some significance to Justice?

I mean, Yeah!, it's cool and all but, and maybe Terez can help me out with this, is it really that important?

It's a great spot but will it become a huge detail in the future? I'd like to think so..

Kalli
01-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Ripped this from another thread because I feel it belongs to this one:

Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
"Submerged" implies underwater. I suppose this statue could have fallen into a river or lake, but seems a poor choice of words if that is the case. Not sure that this philological nit-picking should preclude the stedding, but if that is where it was found, I find it difficult to imagine how exactly it was in water.

As Gonzo pointed out, it was the only source of water for miles around, and the spring was at the base of the statue's head (which was the only bit of the statue above ground).

I just can't buy this and here's why;

- Hawking did not die in his stedding so how did his sword get there?

- The statue that was finished the day he died was massive and likely very well built. I doubt it fell over any time soon after his death.

- So someone held on to his sword till after the statue fell over and either placed in the pool of water then or after a pool of water formed around the fallen statue.

There is just too much left to chance and for what? A cool but no more functional sword then many of the others Rand has already carried. And like Crispin's Crispian said it's odd for Rand and it's odd for us.

Personally I'm suspicious of it and I think Rand is arrogant enough to accept something brought in 'peace' and only find out later it was something given with darker implications.

GonzoTheGreat
01-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Where was Hawkwing buried?

Kalli
01-03-2010, 08:26 AM
True but still, If hawking was buried near his statue then what... It fell on top of his grave and a pool formed over it and what... erosion exposed his grave...blah blah blah... For such an extensive series I don't think logic should just stop being utilized. Too much to chance... I don't suppose Mat was nearby too?

Terez
01-03-2010, 08:46 AM
- Hawking did not die in his stedding so how did his sword get there?
It could have gotten there any number of ways. Hawkwing often asked for his sword Justice on his deathbed, so it might have even been taken from him before he died. After his death, the empire broke up into chaos, and none of Hawkwing's children remained to hold things together.

- The statue that was finished the day he died was massive and likely very well built. I doubt it fell over any time soon after his death.
It was pulled down after his death:

CHAPTER: 29 - Eyes Without Pity

"The fighting didn't stop, of course, just because the Hawkwing and his kin were dead. There was still a throne to be won, and every lord and lady who could muster fighting men wanted it. It was the beginning of the War of the Hundred Years. Lasted a hundred and twenty-three, really, and most of the history of that time is lost in the smoke of burning towns. Many got a part of the land, but none got the whole, and sometime during those years the statue was pulled down. Maybe they couldn't stand measuring themselves against it any longer."

- So someone held on to his sword till after the statue fell over and either placed in the pool of water then or after a pool of water formed around the fallen statue.
It seems to be a spring. Perhaps it was a well, and it's partially blocked. It seems small, but it's a well-known and often-visited source of water.

The sword is important because of the symbolism, at the very least. I doubt it has any evil implications, and it might possibly have an interesting role to play. Brandon backed up the bit about where it was found on the book tour - he said it was 'in water, under a statue, not near Falme'. So Rand hasn't been deceived on that point.

Where was Hawkwing buried?
His body was probably divided up amongst the nobles who had never been happy about his conquest. Alternatively, it seems to be the custom in many parts of Randland to have a funeral pyre.

Weird Harold
01-03-2010, 04:52 PM
It could have gotten there any number of ways. Hawkwing often asked for his sword Justice on his deathbed, so it might have even been taken from him before he died. After his death, the empire broke up into chaos, and none of Hawkwing's children remained to hold things together.

I think that, more relevant to this thread, none of Hawkwing's possible successors had the symbols of his empire -- eg Justice. If any claimant to Hawkwing's empire could have flourished Justice as proof of his right to rule came from Hawkwing himself, the hundred years war would have lasted a couple of weeks. :D

It would be another Arthurian parallel along the lines of "whosoever wields this sword (pulls it from the stone) is rightwise King."

Blue Nine
01-09-2010, 03:51 PM
We're missing (what I consider to be) two major points. #1, We're only assuming that the sheath with the dragon on it is original. In all likelyhood the original sheath was destroyed before some watery tart lobbed Justice at Rand. The new sheath was much more likely produced as a shiney new wrapper in which to give the sword to the Lord Dragon.
#2, Hawkwing was originally from Shandalle, which according the the map in the BWB is part of modern day Cairhien. So with that known, as well as RJ's tendencies toward cyclical story lines, why not have his internment be at the same location as his birth. If that assumption holds true, then the most likely discoverer of the sword would be an academic from Rand's Cairhien academy. The only problem now remains the question, what statue (other than the Choeden Kal) do we know of in Cairhien?

Terez
01-09-2010, 03:59 PM
We're missing (what I consider to be) two major points. #1, We're only assuming that the sheath with the dragon on it is original. In all likelyhood the original sheath was destroyed before some watery tart lobbed Justice at Rand.
The only reason we assume it is original is that Rand seemed to wonder at the fact that it seemed to be made for him. Also, if he recognized the sword, it seems likely that it has the same scabbard that it did the first time he saw it, at Falme. And finally, Excalibur's scabbard was just as important as the sword, having magic properties, and there seems to be a parallel here.

#2, Hawkwing was originally from Shandalle, which according the the map in the BWB is part of modern day Cairhien. So with that known, as well as RJ's tendencies toward cyclical story lines, why not have his internment be at the same location as his birth. If that assumption holds true, then the most likely discoverer of the sword would be an academic from Rand's Cairhien academy. The only problem now remains the question, what statue (other than the Choeden Kal) do we know of in Cairhien?
The foreshadowing from the Hawkwing stedding makes it extremely unlikely that it was found anywhere else.

dominominic
01-09-2010, 04:20 PM
It's a bit odd he can't remember exactly where he saw the sword before.

Seems to me meeting Hawkwing should have had a greater impact on him particularly under the circumstances.

Terez
01-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Where did you get the idea that he can't?

Daekyras
01-09-2010, 04:23 PM

Seems to me meeting Hawkwing should have had a greater impact on him particularly under the circumstances.

Why do you think this fellow Irish person?

dominominic
01-09-2010, 04:29 PM
I think if I met Cuchulainn tomorrow, while my life was at risk, then came into possession of his spear a few years later I would recognise it straight away!

Terez
01-09-2010, 04:32 PM
He did recognize it. And he remembered where from, but Brandon was trying to keep it a secret from us, so Rand didn't think about where he recognized it from, other than to let us know that he recognized it from his own memories rather than from Lews Therin's.

Daekyras
01-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I think if I met Cuchulainn tomorrow, while my life was at risk, then came into possession of his spear a few years later I would recognise it straight away!

Setanta is irrelevant here. Rand did recognise the sword. From his own memories.

Terez
01-09-2010, 04:37 PM
My ears are ringing for some reason.

Daekyras
01-09-2010, 04:41 PM
My ears are ringing for some reason.

Sorry terez, I'm like an echo in this alright. Seriously though, every time I think I'm first!

dominominic
01-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Ah yes I see.

It's the only WoT book I have with me in this house - you'd think I could have been bothered going down the hall and looking that up in it before posting rather than after, wouldn't you ? ;)

And all I'd be leaving behind would be "Van Wilder: Party Assassin"(or whatever the hell this movie is called...)

Motivation to leave a room if ever 'twas needed...

Terez
01-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Every thread is a different room. I am about to start a new one.

dominominic
01-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Weaving new threads? How appropriate!

Now I can only think of The Pattern as a giant forum, with balefire being the moderator "removing threads" from it...

Terez
01-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah, that's an old pun.

dominominic
01-10-2010, 05:42 AM
I thought as much, but I love old puns.

The cheaper the better!