PDA

View Full Version : Favourites

Daekyras
12-30-2009, 02:57 PM
In the non-wot discussion today Davian mentioned his two favourite characters in the books. That made me think about the series as a whole and go over a few things in my mind. So this is just a thread where I would like people to answer the following:

1. Favourite Book in Series:
2. Least Favourite Book in series:
3. Favourite main Character:
4. Least Favourite main Character:
5. Favourite minor Character:
6. Least Favourite minor Character:
7. Favourite/most shocking moment..:eek:

If you want to say why, please do. I always enjoy hearing other peoples opinions of the things I love...:)

I apologise if this is spamming or has been done to death before...

wolframbohr2
12-30-2009, 04:00 PM
1. Which ever one I am reading
2. Which ever ones I am not reading
3. Which ever one I am reading
4. Which ever one I am not reading
5. Which ever one I just read

Bane Darkwulf
12-30-2009, 04:35 PM
1. Favourite Book in Series: The Gathering Storm, because everything is tarting to wrap up.

2. Least Favourite Book in series:Crossroads of Twilight, because of Elayne's bath chapter.

3. Favourite main Character:Mat, Tuon, Perrin

4. Least Favourite main Character:Elayne

5. Favourite minor Character:Hurin

6. Least Favourite minor Character:Wiremon

7. Favourite/most shocking moment..When Tuon completes the marriage ceremony with Mat.

Kimon
12-30-2009, 04:43 PM
(1) Lord of Chaos - though I thought that this book was moving slightly slowly until Min's arrival with the embassy in Caemlyn. Still, from Min's reunion with the Dragon through Dumai's Wells, some of the best moments in the series.

(2) Crossroads of Twilight - the dullest book in the series, probably due to the fact that I can't stand Perrin and Faile...

(3) Male = Mat ; Female = Moiraine & Min (tie)

(4)Male = Perrin (he shoul have been cannon fodder) ; Female = Egwene (she was slightly less annoying than usual in The Gathering Storm, but she still is much in need of humility... though I suppose she pairs well with that other useless schmuck- Gawyn)

(5) Male = Ingtar ; Female = Verin (the two good bad guys)

(6) Male = Gawyn (shouldn't this jerk be equated with Gawain, and if so, why is it that while seemingly every decent knight in Le Morte d'Arthur kicked that jerk's butt, but here Gawyn is an unstoppable (except by Mat) superswordsman... here's hoping that someone's defeats and hopefully kills him before the end) ; Female = Faile (yes she is minor, and frankly why couldn't the Shaido have just killed her rather than taken her captive...)

(7) (tie) Dumai's Wells (I loved it when Taim told those haughty so-called "servants" to kneel or they would be knelt) & Moiraine's duel with Lanfear + the reading of her letter to Rand (why couldn't more of the Aes Sedai have been as awesome as Moiraine and Verin...)

epic
12-30-2009, 05:31 PM
1. Favourite Book in Series: The Gathering Storm,

2. Least Favourite Book in series:Crossroads of Twilight

3. Favourite main Character: Male: Mat, Female: Tuon

4. Least Favourite main Character: Egwene, Elayne,

5. Favourite minor Character: Lan, Thom

6. Least Favourite minor Character: Berelain

7. Favourite/most shocking moment: Not shocking, but the Rhuidean scene was AWESOME

reTaardad
12-30-2009, 06:46 PM
1. Favorite Book: Shadow Rising; Rand learning about the Power, Perrin kicking ass, Mat getting his memories, and we get to see the Age of Legends. Great book.

2. Least Favorite Book: Crossroads of Twilight; duh, it's boring as hell.

3. Favorite Main Character: Mat; he's constantly underestimated and ignored by people "better" than him, but is surprisingly sharp and intelligent, not to mention he can outstrategize anyone on the battle field.

4. Least Favorite Main Character: Elayne; reading Elayne's parts makes me bored out of my mind. I think that's why I enjoyed TGS so much.

5. Favorite Minor Character: Rhuarc; BAMF.

6. Least Favorite Minor Character: Morgase/Maighdin; she's been floating around now for 7 books with everyone thinking she's dead, it's getting old.

7. Favorite/Most Shocking Moment: Verin's big reveal. Maybe everyone else saw it coming, but I'd convinced myself early on that Verin's slip in The Great Hunt was some loophole in the Oaths. Boy, I was wrong.

wolframbohr2
12-30-2009, 07:26 PM
1. Favourite Book in Series: The Shadow Rising, the 1st 3 books were like a prolog, the story realy starts here, love it.

2. Least Favourite Book in series: The Eye of the World. I read the series all the way through before a new book comes out, and once I finish the new book, and then again when I am bored. This book is such a chore for me to get through, based on the other books.

3. Favourite main Character: Hard to say, leaning more towards Mat.

4. Least Favourite main Character: Rand, reminds be too much of myself.

5. Favourite minor Character: Moiraine/Verin

6. Least Favourite minor Character: Thom. Don't know why. He is written well and has good plot stuff but for some reason he just does not resonate with me.

7. Favourite/most shocking moment: The boys taking their bath at the Lion and Stag. Need more guys bathing ;) The battle for the Two Rivers. The women going on half ratons and fighting, the Tinkers strapping babys to them to flee into the woods. I wish I have 1 tenth of 1 percent of the courage they had.

Davian93
12-30-2009, 07:56 PM
1. Favourite Book in Series: tEotW, I love the first book...the Prologue is still the best written scene in all the books and it is such a great stand alone book.

2. Least Favourite Book in series: CoT...it should have been combined with KoD and its brutal to read...too much Elayne and Sea Folk crap.

3. Favourite main Character: Mat and Nynaeve

4. Least Favourite main Character: Elayne

5. Favourite minor Character: Ituralde

6. Least Favourite minor Character: Gawyn...he's stupid and annoying...

7. Favourite/most shocking moment..:eek: Verin coming out of the closet. Totally shocked at that revelation...totally.

jason wolfbrother
12-30-2009, 10:36 PM
1. Favourite Book in Series: TGS and LoC tie with EotW a very very very close 2nd

2. Least Favourite Book in series: Don't have one. They all serve a purpose and continue the story

3. Favourite main Character: Rand and Moridin are tied

4. Least Favourite main Character: Mesaana

5. Favourite minor Character: Rhuarc and Lan

6. Least Favourite minor Character: Aram really got on my nerves.

7. Favourite/most shocking moment: Rand and Moridin holding that civil conversation in TGS, Mat kicking Galad's and Gawyn's butt in TDR.

reTaardad
12-31-2009, 12:20 AM
7. Favourite/most shocking moment: Rand and Moridin holding that civil conversation in TGS
That was a truly awesome scene, it added depth to the relationship between Rand and Moridin. Ever since that scene in A Crown of Swords, when Moridin helped Rand defeat Sammael, I've been intrigued with Moridin. I like that RJ decided that the Dark One's leading minion was a philosopher instead of a warrior; it seems to imply that Moridin is more enlightened somehow, even if he is misguided.

Kalli
12-31-2009, 08:01 AM
1. Favorite Book in Series: TGS, plot lines are starting to crescendo.

2. Least Favorite Book in series: The REALLY REALLY BORING ONE, Crossroads of Twilight

3. Favorite main Character: Mat, because I'd want to be drunk and lucky too.

4. Least Favorite main Character: Elayne,politicking and governing tactics do get to me. Flaming Aes Sedai...

5. Favorite minor Character: The Ashman with bells in is hair. (Jahir?)The always desribed has tinkling...
Trolloc 1: Whats that sound?
Trolloc 2: Is that a... a... a... Tink.... (death)
Trolloc 1: A tinkling.. yeah your rig (death)
Dead Trolloc: Damn that death sucked. I never liked music.

6. Least Favorite minor Character: Leleine and Romanda, seriously the Aes Sedai scheming crap again gosh...

7. Favorite/most shocking moment: Galad vs. Valada, I just really enjoy that fight scene even though I have no idea what the sword forms look like.

WinespringBrother
12-31-2009, 09:57 AM
1. Favourite Book in Series: TDR
2. Least Favourite Book in series:POD
3. Favourite main Characters: Perrin, Moiraine
5. Favourite minor Character: Verin
6. Least Favourite minor Character: Elaida
7a. Favourite moment.. Taking of the Stone of Tear
7b. Most shocking moments.. Elaida beating up Egwene with the OP/Rand almost killing Min

Davian93
12-31-2009, 10:02 AM
The boys taking their bath at the Lion and Stag. Need more guys bathing The battle for the Two Rivers. The women going on half ratons and fighting, the Tinkers strapping babys to them to flee into the woods. I wish I have 1 tenth of 1 percent of the courage they had.

Even better than that extra special episode of Wheel of Time where Mat shows Rand his "ruby tipped dagger" in the haypile on the Camelyn Road?

That trip turned boys into men.

Daekyras
12-31-2009, 11:02 AM
Even better than that extra special episode of Wheel of Time where Mat shows Rand his "ruby tipped dagger" in the haypile on the Camelyn Road? That trip turned boys into men.
I'm no (medical) doctor but if he's got a "ruby tip" to his dagger shouldn't he get to a hospital...
Ha, just remembered, he had several aes sedai help him with that dagger in tDR! ;)

jason wolfbrother
01-01-2010, 12:14 AM
No wonder he was so upset when they tried to take it away from him ;)

AbbeyRoad
01-01-2010, 03:28 AM
1. Favorite Book in Series: Lord of Chaos (with the first three all tied for second place)

2. Least Favourite Book in series: Crossroads of Twilight

3. Favourite main Character: Mat

4. Least Favourite main Character: Elayne, and Egwene (pre-KoD, since she was kind of cool in her White Tower captive storyline)

5. Favourite minor Character: Tam (TGS anyone?)

6. Least Favourite minor Character: Sevanna/Suroth/Elaida (too one-dimensional and cartoonishly evil)

7. Favourite/most shocking moment: Lord of Chaos final scene (Rand escaping his box and stilling his captors, exploding Shaido, "kneel or you will be knelt"... the most powerful scene in the series), The Cleansing from Winter's Heart(great build-up, great writing, and the awesome image of giant ball of tar growing larger and hovering over an ancient city with walls of fire shooting out at incoming Forsaken as they enter)

Rahvin571
01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
1. Favorite Book in the Series: The Shadow Rising followed by The Gathering Storm then The Great Hunt. From Rand's death lightnings in the Stone to Rhuidean to al'Cair Dal, tSR is amazing. I don't think there's a single part of the book I don't like.

2. Least Favourite Book in series: As boring and Elayne-filled as Crossroads of Twilight was, I can't read The Eye of the World in whole anymore. For the most part it just seems too cliched.

3. Favourite main Character: Mat. Not question here - Mat is awesome. I mean, how great is it that he could fund a personal army by playing dice??

4. Least Favourite main Character: Elayne. She is so stupid it hurts. Nyneave makes for a close second - she has only done one thing I enjoyed reading in the span on 12 books (Sending Lan to World's End).

5. Favourite minor Character: I like Lan and Tam - Lan for his honor teachings to Rand (tGH scene where he tutors Rand what to say on the way to the Amyrlin is really cool) and Tam for his tGS chapter. Damn, I can't wait for ToM.

6. Least Favourite minor Character: Any of the Sea Folk.

7. Favourite/most shocking moment: Geez... there are so many.

i) The Death of Semirhage - That chapter is so many kinds of awesome I can't accurately describe it. I have never been so engrossed and awed while reading, and I've read a fair amount.
ii) Pillars of Rhuidean/Mat's Bargain - The entire Rhuidean chapters are so well done. I love the immersion we get from Rand's trips through history. The little trivia and the glimpses of the earlier world we get are stunning. And can you say General Mat? :D
iii) The Rescue of Rand - While I have never been able to get behind the mass of people who thinking the "Kneel or you will be knelt" are the best in the series, the whole end of LoC is eye-popping. Can you imagine watching the walls of the bubble raise and destructions which ensued?

Jokeslayer
01-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Winter's Heart or The Great Hunt. Been a while since I read WH though.

Crossroads of Twilight. I'm falling asleep just writing the title.

Perrin.

Pre-marriage Nynaeve, maybe. She's much improved since she started getting some.

Asmodean. Or Logain.

Valan Luca.

7. Favourite/most shocking moment:
The battle at Falme.

padfoot89
01-03-2010, 02:57 PM
The Shadow Rising, The Dragon Reborn

The Crossroads of Twilight

Mat, Lews Therin, Moridin

Egwene, Elayne

Fain, Shaidar Haran, Thom, Olver

Most of the Aes Sedai

Dumai's wells, Rand using TP, Rand balefiring the crap out of Rahvin.

Kurtz
01-03-2010, 09:21 PM
1. Favourite Book in Series: Shadow Rising
2. Least Favourite Book in series: Path of Daggers
3. Favourite main Character: Egwene (Moiraine if she counts)
4. Least Favourite main Character: Mat
5. Favourite minor Character: Rhuarc
6. Least Favourite minor Character: Aram
7. Favourite/most shocking moment..:eek: Nynaeve rousing the Malkieri

:)

Stronginthearm
02-03-2010, 05:07 PM
Favourite Book in Series: Winters Heart
2. Least Favourite Book in series: Crossroads of Twilight &Path of Daggers( tie but both still very well written)
3. Favourite main Character: Mat/Perrin
5. Favourite minor Character: Noal, )this guy is jsut so awesome, he will kick you in the face with his fist)
6. Least Favourite minor Character: Cadsuane (her unthinking superiority, her bullying Rand, her conviction that Aes Saidai are the true good and only power)
7. Favourite/most shocking moment.. Tiem kneeling the Aes Saidai and later when the Reds come to him his "Let the Lord of Chaos Rule"(evil but still awesome)

FellKnight
02-03-2010, 10:55 PM
In the non-wot discussion today Davian mentioned his two favourite characters in the books. That made me think about the series as a whole and go over a few things in my mind. So this is just a thread where I would like people to answer the following:

1. The Shadow Rising
2. Path of Daggers
3. Egwene
4. Before tGS it was Rand, but now he has gotten interesting again. I'll go with Elayne, though I really don't hate her like some.
5. Birgitte
6. Harine din Togar Two-Winds. Or Aram. Or Masema. Lots of really annoying people.
7. Rand choking Min to (near)death. I was shaking while reading it, saying "NO! DON'T YOU DARE!"

Fell

kivo
02-04-2010, 12:44 AM
1. Favourite Book in Series: The Gathering Storm
2. Least Favourite Book in series: Crossroads Of Twilight
3. Favourite main Character: Rand
4. Least Favourite main Character: Faile
5. Favourite minor Character: Hurin
6. Least Favourite minor Character: Cadsuane
7. Favourite moments: Veins Of Gold in tGS; A Visit From Verin Sedai in tGS; Elaida's Fortellings about Rand in Caemlyn Palace in tEotW; The Golden Crane in KoD; Ingtar's Last Stand in tGH; Dumai's Wells in LoC; Galad kills Valda in KoD.
8. Most Shocking Moment: A. realizing Thom and Moiraine had a thing going on after I totally missed it B. Rand nearly kills Tam. That and his mistreatment of Hurin are forgivable because they are followed by Veins of Gold.

Brita
02-04-2010, 02:12 PM
1. Favourite Book in Series: All (I enjoyed them all)
2. Least Favourite Book in series: None (I enjoyed them all)
3. Favourite main Character: Egwene
4. Least Favourite main Character: Perrin
5. Favourite minor Character: Logain or Thom
6. Least Favourite minor Character: Gawyn
7. Favourite/Most Shocking Moment: Egwene being collared had a huge impact on me, and remains one of the most memorable/shocking sections of the book for me

Yellowbeard
02-04-2010, 03:54 PM
1. Favourite Book in Series: TFoH and TDR are pretty much tied for me. TSR is a very close 2nd.

2. Least Favourite Book in series: CoT

4. Least Favourite main Character: Faile/Cadsuane. I hope gruesome death scenes await both.

5. Favourite minor Character: Lan

6. Least Favourite minor Character: Gawyn

7. Favourite/Most Shocking Moment: Favorite - when Rand drives Callandor thru Ishamael's chest at the climax of TDR. Tie for 1st - Tam calling out Cadsuane in TGS. Pure Awesomeness. Close 2nd - "Kneel, or be knelt." Most Shocking - When Moiraine tumbled thru the portal w/ Lanfear.

I'll add one more. Least favourite scene/moment in the series: When Faile lived thru Malden.

rand
02-04-2010, 03:56 PM
1. Favorite Book: LoC
2. Least Favorite Book: CoT
3. Favorite Main Character: Rand or Mat
4. Least Favorite Main Character: Perrin/Faile, Nynaeve, sometimes Elayne and Egwene
5. Favorite Minor Character: Thom, Graendal,Verin, Moridin--some of these are just minor in PoV time, not overall importance
6. Least Favorite Minor Character: Gawyn, Cadsuane
7. Favorite/Most Shocking Moment: Probably Verin

Baravius Hallendren
02-04-2010, 05:56 PM
The Gathering Storm
It was a shocking roller coaster ride
2. Least Favourite Book in series: Path of Daggers
Mat-I love his sense of humor
Perrin-His sense of duty while still hoping for a better future
Egwene-The scene in TGS sealed the deal for me
Elayne-just keeps getting dumber
5. Favourite minor Character: Cadsuane
6. Least Favourite minor Character: Sevanna
7. Favourite/most shocking moment..
When Rand balefired Graendal's lair. I didn't think he'd actually do it.

deathjester
02-12-2010, 02:46 AM
1. Favourite Book in Series: The Shadow Rising. The Aiel waste and the Aiel themselves were interesting. I loved the return to the Two Rivers, and Faile coming with reinforcements when all appeared lost.

2. Least Favourite Book in series: I have loved them all. The first 3 books set the pace and were at warp speed, the middle of the series expanded the depth, and the end seems to be worth the wait.

3. Favourite main Character: Mat has always been a lighthearted and fun read. I have also always liked Nynaeve. She seems to have alot of people that do not like her character. She has her faults, but maybe that is why I like her so much. She seems a very real character. She can admit to herself that she is terrified, but she always rises to the occasion when called. When she put Lan on the far west coast of the Borderlands, and went ahead of him to rally the Malkieri, that is love. When she kicked Mat in his? Well she is sassy. I like them sassy. If I was to end up with a WOT character, it would be her.

4. Least Favourite main Character: I can't really say that I dislike any of them. If I had to pick the most boring, I guess I would go with Elayne. She has had her moments though and has gotten more interesting as the books have gone on. Elayne got more interesting whe she got to Camelyn to secure the throne. Egwene was the same. She went from being one of the characters I least looked forward to reading to being one of my favorites. The way she embraced Aiel honor, and pain, and her final confrontation where Elaida snapped was really well done.

5. Favourite minor Character: Hard to say who is a minor or a major character in this series. The Forsaken are not on "the screen" much, but it is always interesting to see their thought process, and plotting. Lan of course is a scene stealer as well. The romancing of Tuon was fun to read, especially since the Seanchen were in many ways still a mystery as far as culture. As far as a really, really, minor character the Seeker for the Seanchen was always an interesting read, and he ended up playing a large role with Tuon. Is there anytime that secret agents are not cool?

6. Least Favourite minor Character: All the characters have seemed necessary to further the plot and depth, whether I personally liked them or not. Hard to critique any work of art with this scope. The ammount of characters and plot lines are insane. I don't think anyone else could have done it besides Robert Jordan.

Favorite moment. Probably Mat beating Gawyn and Galad with a staff in the Tar Valon training yard, while still sick. This was the moment Mat officially became awesome lol. He was kind of a whiner before that, and he was ornery from having the dagger from Shadar Logoth.

Shocking? They probably came on reflection. Realising that Moraine would be back. Realising that Galad would probably end up with Berlain.

Frenzy
02-12-2010, 04:27 AM
1. Favourite Book in Series: tSR, followed by PoD
2. Least Favourite Book in series: CoT, followed by tFoH
3. Favourite main Character: Nynaeve, followed by Moiraine
4. Least Favourite main Character: Rand, distantly followed by Sevanna
5. Favourite minor Character: Sulin
6. Least Favourite minor Character: Merana, or any Aes Sedai too weak to cope.
7. Favourite/most shocking moment: Honey in the Tea was a great chapter. Rand meeting Taim & Faile riding to the rescue in tSR were both entertaining scenes. Egwene bringing the rebel Hall to heel was outstanding, and finally reuniting the Tower was very satisfying. But my fav two scenes are 1) Nynaeve thinking she should slap Elayne for being too violent, and 2) Nynaeve kicking Mat's ass.

yks 6nnetu hing
02-12-2010, 07:12 AM
here goes:

1. Favourite Book in Series: LoC
2. Least Favourite Book in series: tGH
3. Favourite main Character: Egwene, followed veeery distantly by Min
4. Least Favourite main Character: Mat. he annoys the hell out of me.
5. Favourite minor Character: Berelain
6. Least Favourite minor Character: Rand? :p
7. Favourite/most shocking moment: oooh, ooh! the Egwene and the Hall sequence is awesome: 1) become Amyrlin 2) wrestle real control over the rebels away from the Hall/factions 3) catch the White Tower with their pants down by Traveling in 4) making the best out of a reaaaalllly bad situation of being captured 5)Big Battle (woohhoooooo!) 6) Unite the White Tower, including the Reds.

Tercel
02-15-2010, 07:15 PM
1. Favourite Book in Series: Lord of Chaos - SO MUCH happens, and I love the chapters where Nynaeve Heals severing.

2. Least Favourite Book in series: The Crossroads of Twilight - I wanted Faile and Perrin to die a horrible death by the end of that book.

3. Favourite main Character: Mat and Moiraine

4. Least Favourite main Character: Elayne - she's SO stupid and thinks she's smart. And when her failures result in other people dying she doesn't even admit to herself that it was caused by her stupidity. I'm worried the same thing is in danger of happening to Egwene. Also Faile - for being frustratingly moronic and making us spend books waiting on her rescue.

5. Favourite minor Character: Narishma and Flinn - they seem pretty cool.

6. Least Favourite minor Character: Cadsuane, Elaida, Valda - they are sooo frustrating.

7. Favourite/most shocking moment: Nynaeve Healing Logain. The Horn being blown. The Cleansing of the Taint.

Ozymandias
02-15-2010, 10:23 PM
Favorite Book: Lord of Chaos or The Shadow Rising. Tough call

Least Favorite Book: Crossroads of Twilight

Favorite Main Character: Mat. Especially until recently, he was the guy that did everything right and still got no respect.

Least Favorite Main Character: Probably Nynaeve, but Elayne runs a close second.

Favorite Minor Character: Is anyone gonna kill me if I say Wieramon? That guy makes me laugh every time he comes on.

Least Favorite Minor Character: Elaida

Favorite Moment(s): Rand shouting at the world on Dragonmount, Rand going back for Egwene and Ingtar's confession, when Karede finally catches up to Mat and demands to see Thom.

Powerslave73
02-27-2010, 12:37 AM
1. Favourite Book in Series: Lord of Chaos. Dumai's Wells is my favorite chapter of the series.

2. Least Favourite Book in series: Crown of Swords. Nothing really happens...

3. Favourite main Character: Rand. He's the reason we're all here, folks.

4. Least Favourite main Character: Elayne/Egwene. It's the same whiney-ass, nattering magpie- just different hair.

5. Favourite minor Character: Flinn.

6. Least Favourite minor Character: Gawyn. If ever an idiot did all the wrong things for all the wrong reasons....
7. Favourite/most shocking moment: When Rand set Cadsuane in her place (TGS). I was totally shocked, but she sure as heck had it coming.

Toss the dice
03-06-2010, 07:57 AM
1. Fav Book: Lord of Chaos, close with about 4 others
2. Least Fav Book: The Gathering Storm, by a landslide
3. Fav main Char: Mat Cauthon, Thom Merrilin, Moiraine
4. Least Fav Main Char: Egwene, Perrin, Faile
5. Fav Minor Char: Uno, Aludra
6. Least Fav Minor Char: Cadsuane, Morgase, Gawyn
7. Fav/Most Shocking Moment: Mat spanking Joline; Tuon marrying Mat; The Trollocs busting down Rand and Tam's farmhouse door; Anything Mat-related other than TGS falls into favorite.

CJB
03-09-2010, 09:09 AM
1. Favourite Book in Series: The Dragon Reborn
2. Least Favourite Book in series: Crossroads of Twilight
4. Least Favourite main Character: Egwene
5. Favourite minor Character: Logain, Taim, Verin, Rodel Itulralde, Dyelin, Graendal, Galad, Suian
6. Least Favourite minor Character: Cadsuane, Gawyn
7. Favourite/most shocking moment: Dumai's Wells, The Golden Crane, Battle of Cairhien

goldenking
03-14-2010, 03:20 PM
1. Favourite Book in Series: The Gathering Storm
2. Least Favourite Book in series: Crossroads of Twilight (like everyone else)
3. Favourite main Character: Rand/Mat
4. Least Favourite main Character:Cadsuane
5. Favourite minor Character:Logain/Flinn :o
6. Least Favourite minor Character:Gawein
Tam talking to Rand and Veins of Gold (in TGS)
Semirhage collaring Rand and getting killed and Cadsuane being afraid first time in her live :D

Daekyras
03-15-2010, 02:02 AM
2. Least Favourite Book in series: CoT, followed by tFoh

Hey Guys, I look in on this from time to time. ALWAYS find it intresting to see your opinions but...surely you jest frenzy? tFoH is....practically perfect. IMHO.

Why?

Chaoz
03-29-2010, 04:09 PM
TGS, probably because it's the freshest in my mind right now.

Whichever book had the most Perrin/Faile in it, post-marriage. Don't remember, since all the books are kind of blurred into one story in my mind.

- Male: Tie between Rand/Mat (leaning toward Mat over the past few books but Rand kind of redeemed himself at the end of TGS)
- Female: Nynaeve, with Elayne/Moiraine tied in close second.

- Male: Perrin
- Female: Egwene

- Male: Thom, Logain
- Female: Siuan (post-stilling), Morgase

- Male: Eamon Valda (rot in hell you bastard! :mad:), Mazrim Taim
- Female: 90% of sea folk, all sul'dams.

- Rand channeling Saidin for the first time (end of EotW).
- Nynaeve overpowering Moghedien in Tanchico.
- Siuan being overthrown.
- Mat defeating Gawyn/Galad in a duel.
- Nynaeve healing Logain.
- Rand finding out his mother was Tigraine.
- Nynaeve overcoming her block.
- Elayne bonding Birgitte.
- Egwene raised as Amrylin.
- Moiraine's "death".
- Reading Moiraine's letter to Thom.
- Rand's rescue at Dumai's Wells.
- Elayne/Nynaeve finally proving they are Aes Sedai to the kin.
- Tuon's kidnap.
- Rand cleansing Saidin.
- Egwene revelation about the oath rod + age.
- Galad killing Valda.
- Alanna bonding Rand.
- Elayne/Aviendha/Min bonding Rand.
- Perrin killing Rolan.
- Rand almost strangling Min to death.
- Rand's epiphany at the end of TGS.
- Verin's confession.
- "Saidared it"

alannalynn
04-24-2010, 01:26 AM
I figure I've got to get my first post in here somewhere. :) I was introduced to the books FOREVER ago by my brother, and have reread the series multiple times since then, and only just got done rereading them, so thought to myself "why not join a forum?" :) So, Hello!

1. Favourite Book in Series: Winter's Heart/Crossroads
2. Least Favourite Book in series: Knife of Dreams
4. Least Favourite main Character: Perrin/Elayne
5. Favourite minor Character: Logain (minor?)
6. Least Favourite minor Character: Morgase
7. Favourite/most shocking moment... The Mashiara chapter where Lan saves Nynaeve from drowning, and... when Tuon completes the marriage ceremony.

lurk
04-28-2010, 07:30 AM
1. Favourite Book in Series: tough one, LOC, KOD and TGS stand very high
2. Least Favourite Book in series: COT
4. Least Favourite main Character: was Egwene, not anymore, tend to Perrin now because he has the least interesting character
5. Favourite minor Character: Tuon many many layers
6. Least Favourite minor Character: Most Athan Miere just plain anoying a lot of the time
7. Favourite/most shocking moment..:eek: The golden crane flies again