PDA

View Full Version : Hotel rooms

JSUCamel
01-17-2010, 11:22 PM
According to Jennifer Liang's latest post on Twitter, 63% of hotel rooms have been sold for JordanCon. If we're going to make reservations in block, we should go ahead and do that soon.

I (or someone else, Tam?) can make the block reservations and whoever is getting the rooms can pay me (or whomever) back later. I propose that we get a room count in by, say, this coming Friday, January 22nd, and then we can go ahead and make a block of reservations for us as a group.

Sound good?

Post if you want to reserve a room, if you have roommates already (and who they are), and if you don't have roommates and would like some. I'll edit this list as you post, so hopefully by the end of the week we'll have an up-to-date list on the number of hotel rooms we need. Sound good?

EDIT:

LIST WILL BE FINAL BY 6PM EST ON FRIDAY! If I haven't heard from you by then, you're on your own as far as getting a room.

CONFIRMED ROOMS (and possible roommates)
1) Camel, Isabel, WSB, Leanne
2) Cary and Zan
3) Ishara, Frenzy, Brita, Birgitte
4) SBX
5) Gil and Bryan

UNCONFIRMED (either haven't responded here or said "maybe")
1) Sei'taer, Alyson, Pops, SoE
2) Zae and Pals

Of course, we CAN squeeze more than 4 to a room, if we have people willing to sleep on the floor.. sleeping bags would be a good idea, if that's the case.

Terez
01-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Marie already reserved our room. And no, we won't be sharing with other people.

ShadowbaneX
01-17-2010, 11:32 PM
If they have any single rooms available I'd like to book one.

Isabel
01-18-2010, 12:05 AM
Put me on as a maybe ;) I hope to know more next week.

And yes, still looking for a roommate :)

Frenzy
01-18-2010, 12:49 AM
it's Ishara, Frenzy, Birgitte, and Brita, right?

Ishara
01-18-2010, 08:30 AM
it's Ishara, Frenzy, Birgitte, and Brita, right?

Right! Camel, you may want to pull from the list I've already put together...I had about 7 rooms, I think...

ETA:
1 - Me, Brita, B and Frenzy!
2 - Gil and Bry
3 - Cary and Zan
4 - Tam and Teri
5 - Zae and her possible non-TL pals/ husband?
6 - Camel + 3, maybe reTaard + WSB + ???
7 - Sei + Alyson + Pops + SoE
8 - SBX

JSUCamel
01-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Right! Camel, you may want to pull from the list I've already put together...I had about 7 rooms, I think...

ETA:
1 - Me, Brita, B and Frenzy!
2 - Gil and Bry
3 - Cary and Zan
4 - Tam and Teri
5 - Zae and her possible non-TL pals/ husband?
6 - Camel + 3, maybe reTaard + WSB + ???
7 - Sei + Alyson + Pops + SoE
8 - SBX

OK, good start, but I'd like to get confirmations about these before I go and reserve them. If you talk to any of these people on here before Friday, make sure they check in here. Also, I don't want to reserve a room for someone who's already called and reserve one.

Isabel
01-18-2010, 10:35 AM
I don't mind sharing with Camel, WSB and ReTaardad.

I am not 100% certain yet, but about 90% certain;)

Ishara
01-18-2010, 11:54 AM
OK, good start, but I'd like to get confirmations about these before I go and reserve them. If you talk to any of these people on here before Friday, make sure they check in here. Also, I don't want to reserve a room for someone who's already called and reserve one.
Fair enough!

For myself, I know me and Frenzy are 100%. I'd love to also share with Brita and B, but if they can't make it, I'm still fine with 2.

Thanks for organizing Camel. :)

Hopper
01-18-2010, 12:48 PM
I'm not going to need a room. I live close enough to drive in.

Bryan Blaire
01-18-2010, 03:25 PM
At last discussion, I believe that Gil and I were looking at sharing a room with Frenzy and Birgitte, but I'm not sure if that is still happening or not. I am not arranging this stuff.

Cary Sedai
01-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Zan and I are arriving early to start our honeymoon, so... I'm not sure how that's going to work with your reservations. We fly in on 4/22 and out again on, I think 4/28.

I'll talk to Zan once he comes to a stopping point on Star Trek online, he can't even hear me over the headphones! :p

Ishara
01-18-2010, 04:06 PM
At last discussion, I believe that Gil and I were looking at sharing a room with Frenzy and Birgitte, but I'm not sure if that is still happening or not. I am not arranging this stuff.

Funny, I have pretty clear direction from Gil that she's not sharing with anyone but you - and as your plan steals two of my roommates, I'm not a fan. ;)

Cary Sedai
01-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Talked to Zan, we will need our room from 4/23 - 4/26 like anyone else who's going to stay Monday. We'll be at the beach for a while after we fly in. :)

We fly into Savannah on 4/22, then that night (late) we drive to Atlanta, so we'll get to the hotel in the wee hours of the morning on the 23rd. Then we fly out from Atlanta sometime after 11am on 4/27.

Frenzy
01-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Funny, I have pretty clear direction from Gil that she's not sharing with anyone but you - and as your plan steals two of my roommates, I'm not a fan. ;)

Plans are still forming. formenting. ferminting. whatever. There's still Leanne who needs a roomie, so there's another person to help split the bill if that's needed.

We're also trying to get Seeker, Strange Package, and Eclipse to go. That might help.

JSUCamel
01-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Plans are still forming. formenting. ferminting. whatever. There's still Leanne who needs a roomie, so there's another person to help split the bill if that's needed.

We're also trying to get Seeker, Strange Package, and Eclipse to go. That might help.

I'm gonna swing by the hotel on the way home from work next Monday and make the reservations, so if any of them want to come, we'll need to know by then, or they'll have to risk not having a room (or sleeping on the floor).

Gilshalos Sedai
01-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Ishara, don't worry about the roommate situation. As far as I know, Birgitte's not even sure what she's going to do.

Isabel
01-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Camel: for which dates are you booking our room?
I probably will be there already on thursday night, will leave sunday night, i think ;)

Ishara
01-21-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm there Thursday - Sunday aft too.

And I heard Seeker is "for sure" coming. FWIW.

Leanne
01-21-2010, 01:27 PM
I plan on getting there Thursday evening and leaving Sunday as well.

JSUCamel
01-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Camel: for which dates are you booking our room?
I probably will be there already on thursday night, will leave sunday night, i think ;)

I was planning to book Thursday through Sunday, unless someone tells me they're staying til Monday.

JSUCamel
01-21-2010, 01:51 PM
So far I have three rooms CONFIRMED. If you want me to reserve a room for you, TELL ME EXPLICITLY. Otherwise I'll assume you're taking care of it on your own.

Isabel
01-21-2010, 02:31 PM
There are only about 18 rooms left for this rate. I believe. 60 rooms and 70% booked already.

Camel: i am 99 percent sure i can come. If i won't make it and you can't find another roommate, i will pay my part of the room ofcourse ;)
I believe the rate is 105 dollars per night? without taxes etc. So i guess it will be around 90 dollars per person?

JSUCamel
01-21-2010, 02:40 PM
There are only about 18 rooms left for this rate. I believe. 60 rooms and 70% booked already.

Camel: i am 99 percent sure i can come. If i won't make it and you can't find another roommate, i will pay my part of the room ofcourse ;)
I believe the rate is 105 dollars per night? without taxes etc. So i guess it will be around 90 dollars per person?

Sounds about right.

Ishara
01-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Camel, this is me asking you to please book me a room explicitly.

Do you want me to pay ahead/ upfront?

Also: THANKS!

JSUCamel
01-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Camel, this is me asking you to please book me a room explicitly.

Do you want me to pay ahead/ upfront?

Also: THANKS!

I'll let you know after I book the rooms whether you guys owe me any money or not. I THINK they just need a credit card on file (so if you don't show up, I'll be royally pissed cause i'll be responsible for it... lol), but if they need a down payment or whatever, i'll let you know.

I don't mind reserving the rooms, but I need confirmation from SBX (whether he's coming or not), the Taers, Gil & Bryan, and Zae before I reserve a room for them.

ShadowbaneX
01-21-2010, 05:32 PM
yes, I'm coming (for about the umpteenth time). I'll sort out my flight eventually and failing that I might just drive down. Either way I'll be there. Can I get a single room though? As it is they'll probably be making me take two seats on the plane but I'm not exactly going to be happy if they make me take a double room. I'm big but I'm not that big.

JSUCamel
01-21-2010, 05:35 PM
yes, I'm coming (for about the umpteenth time). I'll sort out my flight eventually and failing that I might just drive down. Either way I'll be there. Can I get a single room though? As it is they'll probably be making me take two seats on the plane but I'm not exactly going to be happy if they make me take a double room. I'm big but I'm not that big.

Heh, ok. I wasn't sure, because you kept complaining about ticket prices ;) I'll reserve you a single room.

ShadowbaneX
01-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Like I said, worse comes to worse I'll book an extra day off work and drive down...even if I have to get my mom to come along and take over driving when I get tired.

Frenzy
01-22-2010, 03:11 AM
Booking my flight now. Gonna redeye it & arrive Friday at 6am, leave Sunday evening. I'm either rooming with Gil or Ishara, so I think i'm covered.

holy crap there's a Medieval Times in Atlanta. :D

Gilshalos Sedai
01-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Talking to Bryan now about the rooms, Camel. Mind if I PM you?

JSUCamel
01-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Talking to Bryan now about the rooms, Camel. Mind if I PM you?

Go for it.

JSUCamel
01-22-2010, 08:54 PM
I've reserved five rooms for Thursday through Sunday. You can extend the stay if you like once you get here. The rooms are for:

1) Camel and Pals
2) Cary and Zan
3) Gil and Bryan
4) Ishara and Gals
5) SBX and uh.. himself.

They asked for names for the rooms, so I gave y'alls real names (except SBX, whose real name I didn't know, so yours is in my name).

They put the rooms on my credit card on hold, so basically if you guys don't show up and pay for your rooms, I'm out a ton of money. All you have to do is pay for it once you get here. If for whatever reason you have to back out of coming, let me know in advance so I can see about getting my money back or finding other arrangements for that room.

I'll PM you guys confirmation numbers for your room.

Frenzy
01-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Camel is teh awesome.

and SBX's real name is Seamus McGillacuddy.

ShadowbaneX
01-22-2010, 11:34 PM
*sigh* It's McKILLacuddy. Get it right!.

JSUCamel
01-22-2010, 11:50 PM
*sigh* It's McKILLacuddy. Get it right!.

I thought Dr. House was British.

Hopper
01-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Camel is teh awesome.

and SBX's real name is Seamus McGillacuddy.

His name sounds French. :)

Gilshalos Sedai
01-23-2010, 08:53 AM
You are awesome, Camel! Thank you for going to all this trouble for us!

WinespringBrother
01-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Sorry I didn't post sooner, since I thought from above I was confirmed, but I definitely am going and need a room and will share like last year.If I already have a room then disregard this.

And thanks for taking all the trouble, Camel!

JSUCamel
01-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Sorry I didn't post sooner, since I thought from above I was confirmed, but I definitely am going and need a room and will share like last year.If I already have a room then disregard this.

And thanks for taking all the trouble, Camel!

You're covered!

pops taer
01-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey, Jack.....LOL

If you still can, would you book a room for me? Show 4 in the room. Do you need $$$$$$$ or can I take care of everything at the check-in desk? Anyhow. Let me know.

JSUCamel
01-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Hey, Jack.....LOL

If you still can, would you book a room for me? Show 4 in the room. Do you need $$$$$$$ or can I take care of everything at the check-in desk? Anyhow. Let me know.

I went by on Friday, pops, sorry. Try giving them a call at 1-888-233-9527.

Isabel
01-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Or you can book online. Don't forget to get the Jordan con rate! (i assume you got the Jordan Con rate, camel? )

JSUCamel
01-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Or you can book online. Don't forget to get the Jordan con rate! (i assume you got the Jordan Con rate, camel? )

Yep.

WinespringBrother
01-25-2010, 10:42 AM
You're covered!

Excellent! Thanks again!!!

Frenzy
03-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Gilshalos said she & Bryan may not be able to make it. :( Birgitte is still a strong possibility of going though, but will be staying with Seeker. Ishara, is the "girls" room still you, Saucy, Isabel, and me? How about Terez?

tee minus less than six week. squee!

JSUCamel
03-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Gilshalos said she & Bryan may not be able to make it. :( Birgitte is still a strong possibility of going though, but will be staying with Seeker. Ishara, is the "girls" room still you, Saucy, Isabel, and me? How about Terez?

Terez is staying with Marie, I believe. Gil has already canceled the hotel room, so i dunno what's up with that.

I'm really excited to meet most of you, though. :)

Sei'taer
03-19-2010, 11:22 PM

They better not make me have to go to Houston and pick their lazy asses up. And I'll do it too!

Isabel
03-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Camel: make sure you are not charged for any rooms you booked for others :)

I think you booked 5 rooms?

1) Camel, Isabel, WSB, (room for one left)
2) Cary and Zan
3) Ishara, Frenzy, Brita, Birgitte
4) SBX
5) Gil and Bryan (was cancelled already)

BTW Frenzy: i was never in the girls room :( :(
And me and Terez sharing a room wouldn't be that handy.

Muerandah d'Acre
03-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Marty and I normally host a party at every con we attend. Anyone interested in this? We have a smoking room, but we might consider getting a suite if we think there might be the need.

JSUCamel
03-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Camel: make sure you are not charged for any rooms you booked for others :)

I think you booked 5 rooms?

Yep, five rooms. Gil said that they said I shouldn't be charged, but I have the cancellation confirmation number just in case.

Gilshalos Sedai
03-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Bryan got a jury duty summons for April 22, the day we would have driven in.

So yeah. Stupid Houston.

(It's not the only reason we can't go, but it's the only one I'm going to mention.)

Terez
03-20-2010, 02:02 PM
And me and Terez sharing a room wouldn't be that handy.
Good thing I didn't offer, then. ;)

SauceyBlueConfetti
03-20-2010, 04:11 PM
I am not in the "girls room" either...I have my own room booked with my husband. I have my con registration done and the room booked, but I am still a maybe...a new job is being finalized and I am not 100% yet that I will be able to take 4 days off...but I have everything in place with my fingers crossed.

ShadowbaneX
03-20-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm still looking into booking my flight. Dear god it's expensive to fly into Atlanta. For the same cost as it would be for me one person could fly to Europe!

Ishara
03-20-2010, 08:43 PM
So true SBX.

Isabel, you are always more than welcome to stay with me!!

At this point, the more the merrier, as it looks like just Frenzy and I, and I'm sure we both wouldn't mind extra people to help bring down the cost.

BUMMER Gil! Am soooo sad that you're not coming!!!

Leanne
03-20-2010, 09:40 PM
The number keeps dwindling. :(

Cary Sedai
03-20-2010, 10:52 PM
well we're still coming! So be ready for some WoT scrabble! :p

Isabel
03-21-2010, 01:47 AM
LOL, Ishara, I already have a room with WSB and Camel. So also three people in that room:)

Hmm, do you mean only you and Frenzy are in that other room?
Than it might be an option to check if we can get five people into a room. If needed i could bring an 'air' matress. Ofcourse if WSB and Camel have no problem with the girls taking over the room?

Leanne
03-21-2010, 11:19 AM
well we're still coming! So be ready for some WoT scrabble! :p

Yay! Don't worry, I have been brushing up on my Scrabble skills. :D

Ishara
03-22-2010, 09:52 AM
LOL, Ishara, I already have a room with WSB and Camel. So also three people in that room:)

Hmm, do you mean only you and Frenzy are in that other room?
Than it might be an option to check if we can get five people into a room. If needed i could bring an 'air' matress. Ofcourse if WSB and Camel have no problem with the girls taking over the room?

Yeah - kind of a bummer.

I wouldn't mind. can't speak for Frenzy though. May not be a bad thing to only have to share a bathroom with only one other person. ;)

Leanne
03-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Yeah - kind of a bummer.

I wouldn't mind. can't speak for Frenxy though. May not be a bad thing to only have to share a bathroom with only one other person. ;)

Exactly!

Last year we had 4 people in our room. It wasn't bad except trying to get out in the morning. Everyone wanted to get breakfast and make it to the first activity at the same time, so it was a lot of waiting for the shower. Of course, we all seemed to wake at the same time. I think we made it work though and there were no fights, that I know of anyway. :D

GonzoTheGreat
03-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Why not all go in the shower together?

Ishara
03-22-2010, 12:22 PM
HA!

I shower at night, so no problems there.