PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Brandon

reTaardad
01-28-2010, 12:59 AM
I don't know what the protocol will be for the Q&A time at JordonCon, but I was thinking that we could buckle down and create some really good questions to ask Brandon.

I thought about it when I saw Tam's post (http://theoryland.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69626&postcount=14) on the Lanfear-Asmo thread where he said mentioned questioning Brandon about the Finn's "treaties." I think it'd be a good idea for us to develop some original ideas and maybe it'll help get some of us on the same page.

I, for one, would like to know about Perrin. Since he's finally going to embrace his wolfish side, will he be using TAR more often? What abilities does he have in TAR? Does he realize his potential? That's what I'd ask Brandon, given the chance.

Zanguini
01-28-2010, 09:16 AM
To ask a question of brandon you must follow Robert's Rules of Parliamentary Procedure (http://www.robertsrules.org/) We like to keep an orderly and respectful discourse. These rules will also help you when addressing a board of directors or in the off chance you find yourself elected to congress.

*note: You should always follow all rules laid down by Robert

Sodas
04-14-2010, 01:10 AM
I'd probably ask Brandon :

Will Mazrim Taim and the Black Tower be featured more in the next book? Can we expect a point of view from Taim (finally)?

Terez
04-14-2010, 01:24 AM
Sounds like a waste of a question, to me. The answer to the first part is obvious enough, and he'll RAFO the second.

GonzoTheGreat
04-14-2010, 04:40 AM
He'll also RAFO the Perrin questions, so that's not really all that different.

Start with a Taimandred introduction, then ask where Demandred had come from when he arrived to fight at the Cleansing. Might give us a clue as to what that bloke is up to.

Muirenn
04-14-2010, 08:31 PM
If you want to ask detail questions like that about earlier books in the series, you're more likely to get an answer from Alan or Maria. :)

dominominic
04-25-2010, 05:56 PM
I'd probably ask Brandon :

Will Mazrim Taim and the Black Tower be featured more in the next book? Can we expect a point of view from Taim (finally)?

You should ask him if Rahvin trained Taim.

FelixPax
04-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Sounds like a waste of a question, to me. The answer to the first part is obvious enough, and he'll RAFO the second.

I doubt he will answer the question about Taim, having or not a pov in ToM book. Taim not the only major character to lack a pov in the series either, Valan Luca has not had one, nor has the Mistress of Ships Zaida.

More distantly the King of Murandy Roedran Almaric do Arreloa a'Naloy lacks a point of view in the series too.

If Brandon does answer your question, it would narrow down the possibilities of who's totally new POV, Brandon is going to write in ToM book.

Jokeslayer
04-25-2010, 07:27 PM
I doubt he will answer the question about Taim, having or not a pov in ToM book. Taim not the only major character to lack a pov in the series either, Valan Luca has not had one, nor has the Mistress of Ships Zaida.

More distantly the King of Murandy Roedran Almaric do Arreloa a'Naloy lacks a point of view in the series too.

If Brandon does answer your question, it would narrow down the possibilities of who's totally new POV, Brandon is going to write in ToM book.

Taim is much more major than any of those people, surely.

Terez
04-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Tam asked your question, Sodas. And guess what? lol...

Ishara
04-26-2010, 12:26 PM
I managed to ask Maria whether Mierin Sedai was purposefully seeking the DO when she made the original Bore, or whether is was curiosity. While she said she didn't really know, she did clarify that while Mierin wasn't "evil," she was human and more greedy and wanting of power than most. Which leads me to think, no, not done purposefully.

I followed up with a question about how/ why Mierin became a DF and eventually Lanfear. Basically, by being a part of the dou that actually created the Bore, she would have basically had the ONLY opportunity ever to touch the DO/ the DO's presence. I aksed whether that alone would have made her a DF, and in essence taken the choice away from her.

Maria didn't RAFO me (:(), but she did give me another qualified I Don't Know. She basically said that before the Bore, there were no DFs, and that becoming a DF was a choice (so no automatic changing), and that Mierin was one of the first to cross over.

Interesting stuff, imo.

ShadowbaneX
04-26-2010, 02:42 PM
The other interesting part of that line of conversation was when someone (can't remember who, my brain is still asleep) starting down the line of thought about how did Mierin survive the drilling of the Bore, because that takes us into the entire line of thinking of 'what exactly happened when the Bore was made?' Did they accomplish it and it was just a massive explosion? Well, if she survived, possibly not. Did something come though and say "Serve me and I'll give you immortality and unlimited power, oppose me and die?" (well, like that but in all caps)

The truly annoying thing was when I finally did get to bed, I should have thought to ask if the Hall of Servants in Paaran Disen still stood.