I've lurked for a bit, just wanted to say hi to everyone

DahLliA
03-15-2010, 09:08 PM
wow. do I get a first post :o

uh. of course I mean welcome to TL ! :D

love the name :p

Muerandah d'Acre
03-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Thank you for the welcome, its the name I use on any Wheel of Time board.

Zaela Sedai
03-15-2010, 09:29 PM
Consider yourself officially welcomed to Theoryland Muer!! (wow...3...that should hold us for a while....I don't like working...yes I said this is work, all this copying and pasting)As I'm sure you've noticed, we have a pretty decent community of WoT fanatics over here. One of the ways that we keep it all friendly is a short list of courtesies we ask people to follow and, once in a while, actually do get followed. Imagine that! Insane people following some sort of order!

1) Don't flood the board with multiple THREADS all at once.
Allow us the time to absorb, evaluate, and discuss, OR LAUGH at one or two ideas, OR JOKES at a time. Some of us like to do a little research before responding and that can take a little time. Of course, we also have those others who are just a bit slow. Read that as "just can't handle more than one thought in their heads at once" or "dial-up modem". Your choice. I'd suggest "have a real life", but not likely. Does anyone still have dial up? Wow...it's getting hard to give the slow people an excuse

Addendum to 1) Try to stay on topic.
Going off on tangents can be super fun and is something we are all guilty of your's truly included but try and keep threads on topic unless, 1) the thread is dead or 2) the thread naturally moves over to another topic. This rule is much more lax for joke threads, pop culture threads...etc.

2) Try to back up your opinions & theories.
You'll get a lot more respect if you can. Quotes from the books (of which you CANNOT read too much) are your best weapon. Quotes from interviews are semi-acceptable. Gut feelings are pseudo-acceptable. Whitecloak blind-faith is best submitted while wearing asbestos panties.

3) Feel free to get as emotionally involved as you'd like.
Discussions can get very heated. But try not to take things personally. Remember: we only insult the ones we love. Or the ones we eventually hand over to the Trollocs.

4) Be respectful.
A lot of people have been around Theoryland for a long time. Being a Youngling means you're new around here. We do understand that you may have been reading WoT forever, but if you're gonna pick a fight regarding a WoT theory with someone who's an Elder, Ancient or Hero, understand that they've been around for a while now, and probably have posting friends. And Tamyrlin is Lord of the Board for a reason: this whole place is his brainchild. Keep that in mind. They also have posting enemies.... a good little bit of information to tuck away.

Addendum to 4: This is an international community.
In regards to the Non-WoT discussion groups, please respect the opinions of people from nations and cultures other than your own, even if you disagree with them or the policies of their leaders and politicians. Try to remember that not everyone here has the same outlook or life experience that you might. If you want to send a letter or e-mail to anyone in particular to indicate any specific moral, educational, intellectual, or genetic deficiencies they may have, feel free. Just please don't do it here.

Addendum 1 to Addendum 4: We don't all agree about the issues regarding the military action in Iraq. Post about this issue at your own risk. Things seem to be under control now. Though, there have been some flare-ups….be careful. We have had our own TLers over there, back home safe and sound, hope it stays that way. (I can't wait to be able to delete this Addendum.)

Addendum 2 to Addendum 4: Please no angry profanity.
If you really need to tell someone off, be creative. And replacing characters with @$$ does NOT constitute creativity. I like tend to like the Shakespearean approach myself. The smarter and more subtle you are with it, just makes the person look that much more an idiot.

Addendum 3 to Addendum 4: Please be nice to Newbies.
We were all new at one time you are one right now and there is no need to come down on anyone for asking questions that to the elder community may be basic knowledge. This is for you to remember after you've been here awhile.

Addendum 4 to Addendum 4: Please TRY not to feed the Trolls.
Trust me, it ain't easy at times, but ignore the obvious instigators. Just sit yourself down between the Heroes and Ancients sharpening the WTF Couch sticks. There are many on the board who know how to deal with this breed, leave them to it. It can be quite entertaining. If things get too offensive to the population in general, Mods will intervene. Feel free, however, to respond to Gonzo, our Resident Troll, we love him like a red-headed step child.

5) Please don't use the New Users Forum to recruit.
We have plenty of room in the other forums for begging for support for factions, theories, and the TCA. Please let the newbies look around for a while before taking sides in any pseudo-battles. ~looks around~ our biggest offender has not been around for a while ~sniff~

6) Most important: Have Fun!
We do this because we love it and like to think that we are, at least, reasonably intelligent. Hell, some of us have deluded ourselves into believing that we've evolved into supremely intelligent beings! Half the posters here believe that divine supremacy has already come to them! My vote is for Frenzy, and myself, of course. You know the Truth when you see it. Don't let T and her massive bag o' quotes fool you. We will assume some intelligence on your part. You found us, didn't you? Until you prove otherwise…and there are many who have, you'll be safe. If you get hurt if you do prove otherwise, I will offer my one free Healing…but just that once. After that you get to meet a special pair of chains, Mwahahahaa

Remember, you EARN your respect here, it's not given out freely and some may never know the pleasure.

Welcome to our little rounded corner! It’s a great time!

Enjoy!

Zaela Sedai, Official Theoryland Greeter, Mistress of Novices

Muerandah d'Acre
03-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Thank you Zaela Sedai. I've read the rules and understand.

So I've seen in other threads where newbies are asked to tell a little about themselves. So here goes.

I'm a retired member of the US Air Force (20 years). I'm married, (I'll try to drag the hubby over here)

I use the name Mueranda d'Acre on all boards related to WoT.

I'm aspiring to the Green Ajah on Tarvalon.net I've been on about 6 other WoT boards, but most of them have faded away over time.

I'm the mother of 3, 2 boys and 1 girl. I have 7 grandchildren.

I love golf (I took clubs to Iceland), and try to play at least once a week with the ladies and on the weekend with the hubby.

We attend DragonCon, and we attended JordanCon last year and are scheduled to attend again this year.

For those that attended JordanCon last year, my husband and I were the High Seats at the ball. I was the lady with the big white wig.

My favorite colors are Red and Black.

We are strong Crimson Tide supporters (mainly football)

My favorite WoT book is New Spring, followed up by The Gathering Storm. Can't wait for the next book.

Anything else, anyone would like to know?

Again, thanks to everyone for the nice welcome.

Oh yeah, one other thing, I love to discuss current events.

tworiverswoman
03-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Welcome thrice, High Lady!

Is there a nickname you prefer? Because your full handle is going to disappear anywhere except for next to your posts - It's a mouthful! :)

Theoryland shall NEVER fade away! Never, I tell you! If it does, there are a great many posters who will fall into deep dudgeon. Or dungeon, depending on responsibility for the fall...

Last I heard, there's going to be at least 19 TLers at this year's Jordancon - probably more. (Not me, alas -- I gave it lots of thought but the plane ride daunted me) So you will definitely be able to find some congenial company. I don't know if Atlanta has a go-cart track -- but if it does I suspect our crowd will manage to strike fear and terror into the operators of it, as seems to be the case with the Las Vegas track, or so rumor has it.

Dive in to the WoT and/or the non-WoT board, as is your pleasure, and make yourself known.

And welcome, again.

(Sare is going to be beside himself! THREE newbie threads in one day!)

Belazamon
03-16-2010, 01:06 AM
Howdy!

Nazbaque
03-16-2010, 05:38 AM
Anything else, anyone would like to know?
Do you like flames?

*Sets himself on fire*

Welcome MdA!

You may call me Naz!

WinespringBrother
03-16-2010, 08:44 AM
My favorite colors are Red and Black.

Hmmmmmmmmm....where have I heard that before???

I mean Welcome!!!

Muerandah d'Acre
03-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Welcome thrice, High Lady!

Is there a nickname you prefer? Because your full handle is going to disappear anywhere except for next to your posts - It's a mouthful! :)

Theoryland shall NEVER fade away! Never, I tell you! If it does, there are a great many posters who will fall into deep dudgeon. Or dungeon, depending on responsibility for the fall...

Last I heard, there's going to be at least 19 TLers at this year's Jordancon - probably more. (Not me, alas -- I gave it lots of thought but the plane ride daunted me) So you will definitely be able to find some congenial company. I don't know if Atlanta has a go-cart track -- but if it does I suspect our crowd will manage to strike fear and terror into the operators of it, as seems to be the case with the Las Vegas track, or so rumor has it.

Dive in to the WoT and/or the non-WoT board, as is your pleasure, and make yourself known.

And welcome, again.

Randah or Muer works.

OH to be sure we'll meet lots of folks we already know there. Nix on the go kart thing. Marty (hubby) just had neck surgery in Jan and isn't cleared for things like that, and I'll admit, I'm just getting a bit to old to do things like that. We did Space Mountain at Disneyworld 2 years ago and when it was over, it was all we could do to get out of the train thingy. Thank god for those moving sidewalks to get you back out of the building.

Oh trust me, I'll jump in just about everywhere.

Well than I shall definitely have to get my hubby to join so that will make 4 new peeps.

Muerandah d'Acre
03-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Do you like flames?

*Sets himself on fire*

Welcome MdA!

You may call me Naz!

ROTF, I like flames in the fireplace.

Thanks for the welcome Naz.

Hmmmmmmmmm....where have I heard that before???

I mean Welcome!!!

Not sure where you’ve heard that before but those are my fav colors

And thanks for the welcome.

Sarevok
03-16-2010, 10:48 AM

*looks beside himself*
Nope, noone else here. :p

And it's not 3 in one day, it's 3 in three days... which is probably still a record. :D:D

Oh, right:

WELCOME, Muer! :)

*roasts marshmallows on Naz*

Jokeslayer
03-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Welcome to TL!

WinespringBrother
03-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Not sure where you’ve heard that before but those are my fav colors

And thanks for the welcome.

Hi, my name is Moridin and Im a darkfriend...hmm a little bit about myself... ;)

Muerandah d'Acre
03-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Thanks again for the kind welcome

Davian93
03-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Welcome to TL, Muer!

Sei'taer
03-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Heya! Welcome to our..book world thingy!

Anaiya Sedai
03-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Welcome to TL, MdA.

~roasts marshmallows~
Unfortunately, I won't be coming to JordanCon unless someone decides to pay for it for me. :rolleyes: a visit to the states is long overdue for me, but not likely in the near future.

Would you like a piece of cheesecake? No poison this time, I promise.

Muerandah d'Acre
03-16-2010, 11:33 PM
Anailya Sedai, we shall miss you at JordonCon. Do you think you migh?t make DragonCon 2010

Isabel
03-16-2010, 11:54 PM
Welcome to TL :)

Muerandah d'Acre
03-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Thank you kind lady for your welcome

Daekyras
03-17-2010, 07:59 AM
*uses naz fire to light a cigarette*
Welcome to theoryland lady. I look forward to chatting with you. :)
*Remembers he doesn't smoke. Puts cigarette out... Toasts smore instead*

Zanguini
03-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Welcome to Theoryland... Normally I use this space to advertise the non-WoT in some weird and inappropriate way. I believe I shall forgo that this time since you have already made you presence known on the non-WoT board. I will just say I am glad there is another Air Force here to counter Dav's Army.

this message was paid for by the Crown Prince of the Younglings.

Anaiya Sedai
03-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Anailya Sedai, we shall miss you at JordonCon. Do you think you migh?t make DragonCon 2010

considering that it's 2010 now, I doubt it ;)
maybe next year if I don't get accepted on my course and raptor is ok to travel that kind of distance. (and assuming there aren't any more fried eggs.. :rolleyes:)

Tell us a fun fact about yourself. Any dark secrets? We like secrets :D

Muerandah d'Acre
03-17-2010, 10:23 PM
considering that it's 2010 now, I doubt it ;)
maybe next year if I don't get accepted on my course and raptor is ok to travel that kind of distance. (and assuming there aren't any more fried eggs.. :rolleyes:)

Tell us a fun fact about yourself. Any dark secrets? We like secrets :D

Ohhh a deep dark secret..... let me think? My hubbie has never beaten me in golf, even though he cheats.

Jokeslayer
03-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Ohhh a deep dark secret..... let me think? My hubbie has never beaten me in golf, even though he cheats.

Deep, dark, secret.

You're like .5 for 3 here.

Muerandah d'Acre
03-18-2010, 12:04 AM
tell me a deep dark secret

Anaiya Sedai
03-18-2010, 03:14 AM
I think most of us told deep dark secrets on non-WoT at obe point or another.

Are you an axe murderer who's on the run from the purple people eater?

Daekyras
03-18-2010, 04:40 AM
Are you an axe murderer who's on the run from the purple people eater?

I hear you can attract his attention by staring into the mirror and saying his name 3 times....Barney....Barney....Barney....

Hey, it's not real. I'll just AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Jokeslayer
03-18-2010, 08:07 AM

Well I would, but (a) this isn't my newbie thread and (b) I can't think of one that isn't either too deep or too dark or both. Of course, making stuff up is always an option. Like that time when I was seventeen, I went on holiday to Cancun and helped a Mexican drug cartel smuggle sixtty-three pounds of heroin across the border.

Terez
03-18-2010, 08:33 AM
I write smutfic. There is another Hero that does also. I will probably never read his, and he will probably never read mine.

Anaiya Sedai
03-18-2010, 10:31 AM

I'm obsessed with babies.

Nazbaque
03-18-2010, 11:09 AM
that is not a secret Flaming Haran. It's deep and dark but we all know it.

One of my deep dark secrets is that I'm scared of daisies. Another would be that puppy stares are my one true weakness.

And one of sare's dark secrets is that he can be paralyzed for 35.2 seconds by showing him an emu egg.

GonzoTheGreat
03-18-2010, 11:41 AM
I write smutfic.The second time I saw this post, I read it as "smurffic". Which would indeed be something best kept secret, I think.

Daekyras
03-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I write smutfic.

Really?

Also, I don't really think I have any deep Dark secrets.

Hmmm, I'm Irish but am not really a fan of guinness. That probably qualifies!

Cary Sedai
03-18-2010, 11:15 PM
~sprinkles Muer with fairy dust~

Welcome to, TL!

I remember you from JordanCon last year! I loved ya'll's costumes!

I have no deep dark secrets ~looks around furtively~ really, I swear!

Brita
03-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Welcome Muer!

Deep dark secrets mmmmm? I've seen what happens when deep, dark secrets are mentioned on this board...

~~cough, cucumber~~

I think I'll pass.

Terez
03-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Really?
Yes.

Hmmm, I'm Irish but am not really a fan of guinness. That probably qualifies!
Murphy's man?

Daekyras
03-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Yes.

Interesting.

Murphy's man?

Correct Madame. I usually drink Harp lager but if I have Stout it will be Murphy's. Good drink knowledge Terez :)

Muerandah d'Acre
03-20-2010, 12:08 AM
Ohh yeah ness....my babies are here (being my daughter, and her two kids.....

Terez
03-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Correct Madame. I usually drink Harp lager but if I have Stout it will be Murphy's. Good drink knowledge Terez :)
It probably helps that I have actually been to Ireland.

Daekyras
03-21-2010, 08:29 PM
It probably helps that I have actually been to Ireland.

When did you come over here T? Where did you visit?

I hope you weren't shocked when you got here. A lot of people have the silly movie version of Ireland fixed in their heads and are shocked when we don't all say "Top of the morning to ya" all the time!

Terez
03-21-2010, 09:09 PM
When did you come over here T? Where did you visit?

I hope you weren't shocked when you got here. A lot of people have the silly movie version of Ireland fixed in their heads and are shocked when we don't all say "Top of the morning to ya" all the time!
St. P Day '98 (was there for about 2 weeks). Mostly Cork and Dublin. And I was only shocked by the fact that there were more sheep than people, and by the fact that people clapped for the bands at the parades.

Daekyras
03-22-2010, 11:51 AM
St. P Day '98 (was there for about 2 weeks). Mostly Cork and Dublin. And I was only shocked by the fact that there were more sheep than people, and by the fact that people clapped for the bands at the parades.

Yeah, Irish people clap at a lot of things. It's like some sort of fall-back response.

John:did you see that?
Jim: Yeah.
John: What do we do?
Jim: I dunno. Just start clapping....

This is a common conversation at Irish events. I went to my daughters school play(8) and there was clapping after everything!

EDIT: Sorry for going off topic. It was quite rude.

Belazamon
03-22-2010, 03:59 PM
EDIT: Sorry for going off topic. It was quite rude.
Damn right.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/jalapenoguy/SeriousBusiness.png

Terez
03-22-2010, 04:15 PM
LMAO. The whole point of having noob threads is to hijack them.

Anaiya Sedai
03-23-2010, 03:34 AM
LMAO. The whole point of having noob threads is to hijack them.

T is right - it's like a party in a sandbox, where our shiny little brains can run riot. :D

Nazbaque
03-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Oh your brain isn't that little

DahLliA
03-23-2010, 10:33 AM
T is right - it's like a party in a sandbox, where our shiny little brains can run riot. :D

parties in sandboxes aren't all that fun usually.

I more for parties in bungee castles(or whatever you call it :p)

Jokeslayer
03-23-2010, 11:34 AM
You mean a bouncy castle?

Nazbaque
03-23-2010, 11:41 AM
We have a bouncy castle?

Daekyras
03-23-2010, 11:46 AM
We have a bouncy castle?

please let this be so....

Nazbaque
03-23-2010, 11:52 AM
PD!!!!!! Where did you put the bouncy castle?

DahLliA
03-23-2010, 12:34 PM
You mean a bouncy castle?

yeah that. and if we have one I'm so leaving the ESC couch :D

Anaiya Sedai
03-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Oh your brain isn't that little
Unlike some of you, I have my brain in my head, not any other part of my anatomy....

PD!!!!!! Where did you put the bouncy castle?
loooove bouncy castles :D but they make my brains hurt.. :eek:

Jokeslayer
03-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Unlike some of you, I have my brain in my head, not any other part of my anatomy....

Presuably this is because your anatomy lacks that other part (right??!) I guess if you have to keep it somewhere else, the head isn't a bad choice.

Nazbaque
03-23-2010, 09:57 PM
I have my brain in my head. It's just that the other organs don't agree with the brain's opinion on its personal importance and choosing to live in the high value area of the head does nothing to convince them otherwise.

Nazbaque
03-31-2010, 05:31 AM
*Time passes*

*More time passes*

...Did I confuse everybody into silence?

Sarevok
03-31-2010, 09:42 AM
...Did I confuse everybody into silence?

Nope, but you appear to have scared Muer of... :(

Zanguini
03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
I have my brain in my head. It's just that the other organs don't agree with the brain's opinion on its personal importance and choosing to live in the high value area of the head does nothing to convince them otherwise.

So... what your saying... is your brain is elitist and the rest of you is communist?

Nazbaque
03-31-2010, 07:41 PM
So... what your saying... is your brain is elitist and the rest of you is communist?
Not exactly. The other organs think the brain is an elitist bastard but they don't have very high opinions of each other either. The lungs and the stomach are in constant war over who's business is more important in the throat area. The liver and the spleen keep competing in ways that are literally a pain in the ass. There are only two things those two agree on: 1) The brain is an elitist bastard and 2) The stomach is a gluttonous pig. The kidneys refuse to talk to each other, the bladder is an even worse attention whore than the testicles and the only one who no one really hates is the heart, though it gets into moods in which everyone is really scared of what it might do to them or itself.

I could go on more or less forever

GonzoTheGreat
04-01-2010, 02:26 AM
I could go on more or less foreverOr not, of course, if your heart gets into the wrong mood and the liver fails to cheer it up in time.

Nazbaque
04-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Indeed