PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Con schedule up

Isabel
03-22-2010, 02:03 AM
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tFOkUXkprnczxTcXV17jNxQ&gid=7 (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tFOkUXkprnczxTcXV17jNxQ&gid=7)

Who is up for forming a team of 8 persons (everyone's invited) for the following session:

Noble House FeudCome test your knowledge of Wheel of Time trivia in this team-based format. Based on the TV game show “Family Feud”, this contest allows your group to work together to solve multiple-answer questions. (8-12 players. Sign-up at time of event.)Shannan Lieb11:30 AM 04/25/10

Terez
03-22-2010, 02:23 AM
Can we have a Theoryland team? That would be awesome. I know Linda will be there, so she'll likely be on another team. She collects trivia, so we will have to be on our toes. :D

Frenzy
03-22-2010, 02:41 AM
Terez is on my team

Terez
03-22-2010, 02:59 AM
LOL, I think I am getting rusty. Re-reads for everyone! If it involves speed-buzzing or some such, someone else will have to hold the buzzer cause I suck at that. (I need to watch Family Feud and see how it works.)

Terez
03-22-2010, 03:31 AM
If anyone gives a shit, these are the events I am most interested in (and since I can't handle non-stop events, I will probably only go to these, depending on what time I can get there on Friday):

Friday:

1PM - Opening Ceremonies

2:30 - Hour with Brandon

4PM - will probably go with Harriet (what an editor does), but I will hate to miss Maria's thing (reflection on favorite scenes etc.)

8:30 - Asmodean with Tam

10PM - loony theories with Tam (depending on how tired I am...but this sounds fun)

Saturday:

11:30 AM - Brandon signing

1PM - Trivia Bee (wow, this is stacked against Brandon and Maria...but still, Trivia Bee)

2:30 - Moiraine?

4PM - reading?

7PM - Towers of Midnight and beyond

Sunday:

10AM - the thing for the sites, so long as we are not going to get ignored. If we are going to get ignored, I'm sleeping in!

11:30 - Team quiz (this event is stacked against Maria again)

1PM - Codex?

2:30 - Author Q&A (this has a ? by it in the schedule)

4PM - Brandon signing or Leavetakings

(I put question marks by stuff I might or might not go to.)

Isabel
03-22-2010, 05:43 AM
Terez is on my team

A team consists of 8-12 persons. So we could put almost all theorylanders who are there in the team ;)

Zanguini
03-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Still sore from being dragged away last time Fairy will be there to kick butt

Ishara
03-22-2010, 09:54 AM
I'll buzz, but don't count on me to know things super fast off the top of my head. I *just* did a re-read and feel like I have more questions than answers. Still.:rolleyes:

ETA:

Do we have to tregister for certain things, or can we just show up? It seems like I'm actually going to have to research this thing...

Terez
03-22-2010, 10:06 AM
There are a few things that say you have to pre-register (like the shawl-making workshop) but most things are register-on-site.

WinespringBrother
03-22-2010, 10:19 AM
I'll buzz, but don't count on me to know things super fast off the top of my head. I *just* did a re-read and feel like I have more questions than answers. Still.:rolleyes:

ETA:

Do we have to tregister for certain things, or can we just show up? It seems like I'm actually going to have to research this thing...

Most of the workshops are first come, first served i.e. get there early or sit way in the back of the room. Some of them are probably worth leaving other ones early to get good seats.

Ishara
03-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Brutal.

I took a look and my tentative schedule will be:

Friday:

1 pm - Opening Ceremonies

2.30 pm - An hour with BS

4 pm - A Retrospective

8.30 pm - Asmodean

10 pm - Loony Theories

Saturday:

10 am - Not Quite Primetime

11.30 am - Future of the Franchise

1 pm - Trivia Bee OR End of the World

2.30 - Moiraine

4 pm - WoT Reading

7 pm - Towers of Midnight and Beyond

Sunday:

10 am - Websites

11.30 am - Noble Houses

1 pm- Codex OR Mat & Perrin

2.30 pm - Borderlanders

Am psyched, but have little interest in leaving things early to get to other things (that's rude, non?).

JSUCamel
03-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Am psyched, but have little interest in leaving things early to get to other things (that's rude, non?).

Only if you're french, non.

Terez
03-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Tam and Marie are down for being on the team. That's good. I think that me, Tam, Marie, WSB, Frenzy, Ishara, B, and Isa (maybe Taer and Camel?) will probably be in the best shape to answer trivia questions, but who knows? Just because you aren't into WoT discussion doesn't mean you won't remember some random detail that we forget, and if we can have 12 people on the team, then let's have 12 (unless there is some sort of penalty for more people).

Also...I'm not so sure that it means there will be 8-12 people per team. I think it might mean that there will be 8-12 teams. We should probably get a clarification on that.

I will be entering the individual competition, assuming it's not too hard to be one of the 48. Anyone else?

WinespringBrother
03-22-2010, 04:37 PM
I will probably sign up for both team and individual trivia, should be fun. I was not happy that I missed last years contest to have lunch, though I did walk in and watch for a bit at the end, and got a couple of answers that the winner didn't know :)

Terez
03-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Oh, and I forgot about SBX, since he wasn't on the pass list. He is probably rusty, but he discussed WoT often enough in the past that he should definitely be on our team!

JSUCamel
03-22-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm in.

ShadowbaneX
03-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Oh, and I forgot about SBX, since he wasn't on the pass list. He is probably rusty, but he discussed WoT often enough in the past that he should definitely be on our team!
I dunno Terez. I might randomly go off disagreeing with you just out of habit...:P

Terez
03-22-2010, 07:29 PM
I dunno Terez. I might randomly go off disagreeing with you just out of habit...:P
lol, I don't see why. You stopped posting in WoT around the time I got there. We very rarely cross paths even on Non. I wasn't aware that we had any sort of arguing history, and just from indirect observation, it seems we agree on politics most of the time.

Also...

I'm in.
Yay!

ShadowbaneX
03-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Whenever I do seem to venture back onto the WoT board though we usually manage to...conflict. =D

Terez
03-22-2010, 10:21 PM
LOL, you and everyone else. Now I remember. We argued about the Seanchan woman dream. You were wrong, of course. :D

ShadowbaneX
03-22-2010, 10:36 PM
LOL, you and everyone else. Now I remember. We argued about the Seanchan woman dream. You were wrong, of course. :D
it made so much sense...and it doesn't mean you were right either. I'm sure there's also a bunch of other things...I'm just too lazy to remember.

Terez
03-22-2010, 10:47 PM
it made so much sense...and it doesn't mean you were right either.
IIRC, the only thing I argued was that the dream was not metaphorically fulfilled. I think you tend to disagree with me just because it's the thing to do. I'm sure you'll be alright when we're on the same team. Besides, if you say the answer is one thing, and I say it's another thing, who are they going to believe? :D We're not theorizing here...

ShadowbaneX
03-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Actually, I usually tend to disagree with you (well, not just you, everyone actually) because I think you're (they're) wrong.

Cary Sedai
03-23-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm in for the trivia! I might not post a lot on the wot board, but that's mostly cause all ya'lls bickering makes me insane :p

Actually it's usually because by the time I look at a thread its 3 pages long and I'm a damn slacker :D

Woohoo for Trivia!

Terez
03-23-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm in for the trivia! I might not post a lot on the wot board, but that's mostly cause all ya'lls bickering makes me insane :p
pssh, it's no different than Non.

Cary Sedai
03-23-2010, 12:20 AM
pssh, it's no different than Non.

And how often do I post on non once a thread is past page 3? :p

I think I'm going to sign up for the to make a shawl! :)

Leanne
03-23-2010, 09:45 AM
I will most definitely cheer you guys on. (unless you start losing)

Sarevok
03-23-2010, 11:46 AM

Seconded
And how often do I post on non once a thread is past page 3? :p

Seconded

:D

Ishara
04-08-2010, 09:30 PM
GUYS. I just got a confirmation email for registration and it clearly mentions a DANCE. That's not something we're DOING is it? It suggests dressing in costume for this dance. Or cocktail dresses, or hey, jeans if you prefer. Really?!

Frenzy
04-08-2010, 10:22 PM
GUYS. I just got a confirmation email for registration and it clearly mentions a DANCE. That's not something we're DOING is it? It suggests dressing in costume for this dance. Or cocktail dresses, or hey, jeans if you prefer. Really?!
WoT MOSH PIT!!!!

Zanguini
04-08-2010, 10:26 PM
my scrabble game will once again be there for some grossly high scoring WoT Scrabble.

JSUCamel
04-08-2010, 10:49 PM

lol, there's a dance kinda thing. Last year they had a Ren Faire band type thing up there. It wasn't half bad. They also do some DJ stuff later, I think.

I'm just wearing my regular shirt and jeans, but there will totally be a ton of people in WoT costumes. It's really kinda cool.

Sei'taer
04-09-2010, 09:15 AM
lol, there's a dance kinda thing. Last year they had a Ren Faire band type thing up there. It wasn't half bad. They also do some DJ stuff later, I think.

I'm just wearing my regular shirt and jeans, but there will totally be a ton of people in WoT costumes. It's really kinda cool.

I'm in on the family feud thing I guess. I'm not doing individs as I'll just be fodder for some other schlub. But if it's in a fued type setting and I have other answers to set off the memory I might be able to handle it...if you need the people.

I'm a redneck dancing fool...

I'm really a wallflower but I'll come and watch. Too much head banging in my younger days ruined my dancing capabilities.

I want to go to the editing thing and the loony theories thing...the rest I'll probably just play by ear.

Ishara
04-09-2010, 04:18 PM

HA! By really cool, you mean UNBELIEVABLY geeky. Okay. I can do that. But I'm NOT dressing up. Or dancing with anyone shorter than me.

Muirenn
04-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Glad that y'all like the schedule! Good luck with your planned trivia team! :)

The Seanchan Homecoming Dance is our annual cocktail mixer on Saturday evening. It's mostly an excuse for us all to get dolled up, drink, and get to know one another better. My advice is to at least make an appearance and see if you like it. If it's just not your thing, there will also be a room set up for gaming, and a darkfriend game running in the same time slot. :)

Hopper
04-10-2010, 04:42 AM
The Poker Tourney and Magic with Brandon are scheduled for the same time slot??

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH

Zanguini
04-10-2010, 11:43 AM
The Poker Tourney and Magic with Brandon are scheduled for the same time slot??

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH

Simple solution... Join the poker ... Lose all your chips to me be dejected... then go play magic with brandon... what could be simpler

I notice the asmodean panel is also at the same time as poker... so does that mean no defending champion at the poker tourney?

I also have codified the WoT Scrabble rules let me know if you want to send a copy or bring it with me... i will bring one with me anyhow

ShadowbaneX
04-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Simple solution... Join the poker ... Lose all your chips to me be dejected... then go play magic with brandon... what could be simpler

I notice the asmodean panel is also at the same time as poker... so does that mean no defending champion at the poker tourney?

I also have codified the WoT rules let me know if you want to send a copy or bring it with me... i will bring one with me anyhow
this reminds me, I need to put together my Cleric deck for this.

Ishara
04-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Glad that y'all like the schedule! Good luck with your planned trivia team! :)

The Seanchan Homecoming Dance is our annual cocktail mixer on Saturday evening. It's mostly an excuse for us all to get dolled up, drink, and get to know one another better. My advice is to at least make an appearance and see if you like it. If it's just not your thing, there will also be a room set up for gaming, and a darkfriend game running in the same time slot. :)

Well, THAT"S a relief! Mixers I can do. LOL

Hopper
04-11-2010, 04:30 PM

Yeah, cause losing to you is an option.:rolleyes:

Sei'taer
04-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Taer likey poker.