PDA

View Full Version : When do you arrive for Jordan Con?

Isabel
03-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Hi all

I was wondering when everyone arrives in Atlanta.
It would be fun for example to have dinner somewhere on thursday evening with the people who are interested.

So let me know when you arrive and if you are interested in getting together to have dinner:)

regards,

Isa

Ishara
03-24-2010, 07:52 AM
I love a planner!

My plane arrives at ATL at 6.44 pm. Not sure how far the airport is from the hotel, and how I'll be getting there - taxi most likely.

If people haven't eaten by 8 (which is how long I figure it'll take) I'm totally up for it. If not, I can definitely have drinks! And I owe you one for your birthday anyways Isa!

WinespringBrother
03-24-2010, 08:02 AM
I will arrive Thursday morning actually. So I am up for dinner/drinks etc...

JSUCamel
03-24-2010, 08:08 AM
I love a planner!

My plane arrives at ATL at 6.44 pm. Not sure how far the airport is from the hotel, and how I'll be getting there - taxi most likely.

If people haven't eaten by 8 (which is how long I figure it'll take) I'm totally up for it. If not, I can definitely have drinks! And I owe you one for your birthday anyways Isa!

I believe I'm picking Frenzy up in Birmingham. I'm not sure what time her flight gets in, but if it gets in early enough, I may be able to pick you up at the airport in Atlanta, then the three of us can go to the hotel. Let me get flight info from Frenzy and I'll let you know.

Of course I'll be around Thursday night, and I'm totally down with getting dinner or whatever. :)

Zanguini
03-24-2010, 08:22 AM
I believe we arrive in Savannah at 3:35 So we will get to Atlanta 4 and a half hours after however long we spend on the beach... your guess is as good as mine as to when we will actually get to atlanta.

Isabel
03-24-2010, 09:36 AM
BTW, I am in atlanta on tuesday :)
So i can meet up with people on wednesday and thursday :)

Ishara
03-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Camel - you're making my day! Either way, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the offer!

Isa, why so early?

Isabel
03-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Jetlag ;)

Zanguini
03-24-2010, 12:35 PM
We will be staying until tuesday... Monday we plan on doing touristy stuff

Sei'taer
03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
We will be going through Birmingham sometime thursday morning and then on to Atlanta. It's around six hours from here, depending on who's driving, so I'm guessing we should be there around 2 or 3 PM. Dinner sounds like fun. Will there be drinks and who knows how to drive that won't be drinking?

Also, it looks like SoE won't be coming, so it will probably just be me and Pops and my lovely wife Al.

If I was leaving later I'd meet up with Camel and Frenzy in B'ham. Maybe we get a better timeline on her trip and we can change things a little and meet up?

Zanguini
03-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Jetlag ;)

Thinking back to last year... I do not believe you suffer from Jetlag

ShadowbaneX
03-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Camel - you're making my day! Either way, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the offer!

Isa, why so early?

I'm still working on booking my flight. Ishy what's your flight from Toronto again? I might just take that one...

JSUCamel
03-24-2010, 05:11 PM
We will be going through Birmingham sometime thursday morning and then on to Atlanta. It's around six hours from here, depending on who's driving, so I'm guessing we should be there around 2 or 3 PM. Dinner sounds like fun. Will there be drinks and who knows how to drive that won't be drinking?

Also, it looks like SoE won't be coming, so it will probably just be me and Pops and my lovely wife Al.

If I was leaving later I'd meet up with Camel and Frenzy in B'ham. Maybe we get a better timeline on her trip and we can change things a little and meet up?

Sounds good to me. I can be DD, but we may need a big car. Hope someone's got a van :)

Sei'taer
03-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Sounds good to me. I can be DD, but we may need a big car. Hope someone's got a van :)

If it works out right, we can even save you a trip to B'ham. That's up to y'all and her schedule and if Pops is being crotchety or not.

We have a tahoe. seats 6 at least.

Frenzy
03-24-2010, 10:51 PM
i actually don't need a ride from Birmingham anymore. Thanks for the offer, Camel, but i found a decent airfare into ATL. i arrive Friday morning at 6am bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, and ready to do damage. Well, two out of those three, but you get the idea.

i head out Sunday evening at 7pm, so i have time post-Con to do stuff.

i'm also going to try & squeeze in time to meet a friend who lives in Atlanta. Not entirely sure when, but i'm gonna try.

Terez
03-24-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm not sure what time I will be there. I'm supposed to have a history test that Friday, but I am going to try to take it early. If I can take it early, then I will be there by opening ceremonies at the latest (might come earlier if there is something worth coming earlier for...just let me know).

Isabel
03-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Thinking back to last year... I do not believe you suffer from Jetlag

Last year I was already more than a week in the USA :)

Zanguini
03-25-2010, 08:15 AM
I dont think it would have mattered.

Ishara
03-25-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm still working on booking my flight. Ishy what's your flight from Toronto again? I might just take that one...

Is tomorrow too late to let you know? All the flight details are in my desk at work...

And I can attest to the fact that Isa definitely suffers from jet lag. Poor thing. ;) I find one *really* good nap helps a lot. That, and natural sunlight seems to make a big difference.

JSUCamel
03-25-2010, 09:28 AM
i actually don't need a ride from Birmingham anymore. Thanks for the offer, Camel, but i found a decent airfare into ATL. i arrive Friday morning at 6am bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, and ready to do damage. Well, two out of those three, but you get the idea.

i head out Sunday evening at 7pm, so i have time post-Con to do stuff.

i'm also going to try & squeeze in time to meet a friend who lives in Atlanta. Not entirely sure when, but i'm gonna try.

Oh, cool! Then I can definitely pick you up at the airport, Ishara. Remind me when we get closer to Con time.

Anyone else arriving at the airport around the same time as Ishara?

ShadowbaneX
03-25-2010, 10:22 AM
I might just bite the bullet and grab the same flight as Ishy...

ShadowbaneX
03-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Is tomorrow too late to let you know? All the flight details are in my desk at work...

And I can attest to the fact that Isa definitely suffers from jet lag. Poor thing. ;) I find one *really* good nap helps a lot. That, and natural sunlight seems to make a big difference.
not really too much of a rush. I'm just working against momentum to actually drop $1300 on my flight.

Basel Gill
03-25-2010, 03:35 PM
I have never been to a convention and won't likely make it to one, but for any out of towners, I highly encourage you to take a side trip through the new-ish Atlanta aquarium. My wife and I went 2-3 years ago and it was really cool. I saw about 2-3 places on the Food Network this year that I'd love to try. If any of you go to The Varsity, Woodfire Grill or something else cool, post a review!

JSUCamel
03-25-2010, 03:40 PM
I have never been to a convention and won't likely make it to one, but for any out of towners, I highly encourage you to take a side trip through the new-ish Atlanta aquarium. My wife and I went 2-3 years ago and it was really cool. I saw about 2-3 places on the Food Network this year that I'd love to try. If any of you go to The Varsity, Woodfire Grill or something else cool, post a review!

I've been to the Varsity a hundred times. Great stuff.

I'm dying to go to the Woodfire Grill (Kevin should've won Top Chef!!!). Maybe I can convince some of you rich TLers to go with me :P

Ishara
03-25-2010, 09:05 PM
I've been to the Varsity a hundred times. Great stuff.

I'm dying to go to the Woodfire Grill (Kevin should've won Top Chef!!!). Maybe I can convince some of you rich TLers to go with me :P

I'm not rich, but I'm in. I haven't been to a Food Channel-mentioned restaurant ever, so it will better than nothing, and sounds like fun!

Also, YAY!! So excited Camel!

SauceyBlueConfetti
03-25-2010, 09:41 PM
I saw an Atlanta restaurant on Diners Drive-ins and Dives called The Highlander. I wanna hit that.

Marie Curie 7
03-25-2010, 09:45 PM
I have a class to teach on Friday morning at 9AM (chemical thermodynamics ftw!), so I won't arrive at the Atlanta airport until around 3:20PM. Unfortunately, that means that I will miss all the Opening Ceremony stuff. :(

Zanguini
03-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Are you tenured?

Marie Curie 7
03-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Are you tenured?

Yeah, I'm a full professor, which means that I have tenure and beyond. Not sure what that has to do with anything, though - no professor that I know, tenured or untenured, would cut out of a course they were teaching for a non-discipline-related event.

Frenzy
03-25-2010, 10:58 PM
I saw an Atlanta restaurant on Diners Drive-ins and Dives called The Highlander. I wanna hit that.

No need to ask which, for there can be only one...

Zanguini
03-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Yeah, I'm a full professor, which means that I have tenure and beyond. Not sure what that has to do with anything, though - no professor that I know, tenured or untenured, would cut out of a course they were teaching for a non-discipline-related event.

Really? I know about dozen... maybe that says something... I do work at a pretty midranking University

Sei'taer
03-26-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm not rich, but I'm in. I haven't been to a Food Channel-mentioned restaurant ever, so it will better than nothing, and sounds like fun!

Also, YAY!! So excited Camel!

That's because food in Canadia sucks so they never go there to try anything.

"Hey hoser, tonight aboot eight the moose foot casserole will be done. I'll make pine needle tea to go with it, ok eh?"

Who'd want to do a food network show on that?

Marie Curie 7
03-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Really? I know about dozen... maybe that says something... I do work at a pretty midranking University

Yup, really. :)

I would cut out (and do) for chemistry-related things, of course. In fact, I just got back from a conference in San Francisco, so I missed a couple of lectures for that, but I got somebody to cover for me.

It wouldn't go over well, sadly, if I were to inform my chairperson that I was cutting class to go hang out with a bunch of HCFFs...

Ishara
03-26-2010, 10:47 AM
That's because food in Canadia sucks so they never go there to try anything.

"Hey hoser, tonight aboot eight the moose foot casserole will be done. I'll make pine needle tea to go with it, ok eh?"

Who'd want to do a food network show on that?
Hey now! We have maple syrup and beavertails and um...yeah, we have moose too. :( LOL

We have at least two Canadian chefs who have been on Iron Chef - but I don't like either one of them. One's kind of a nasty bithc and other guy is a TALL, permafried (imo) Eastener = crazy, in a mellow way.

I'd rather go to a Batali restaurant, or YES to SBC and anything featured in DDD. Love watching that show!

ETA: SBX, my flight number is AC 8627 to Atlanta and AC 8628 to Toronto. Want the times too?

JSUCamel
03-26-2010, 11:30 AM

Well, we won't be able to go to the Woodfire Grill, because the reservations are backed up for months (I checked), and it would wind up being $100 a head anyway, which I can't really afford at the moment ;)

But there are plenty of other good places a bunch of us can go that are right near the hotel, like Maggiano's.

Zanguini
03-26-2010, 12:57 PM
They make good seafood in halifax... I like Nova Scotian Chowder better than any other kind of clam choweder ive had

And as much as your tempted .... stay away from boiled peanuts... *shudder*

Ishara
03-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Yay! Dinner as a group! Am getting really excited actually. Am such a geek. Obvs.

ShadowbaneX
03-26-2010, 09:29 PM
ETA: SBX, my flight number is AC 8627 to Atlanta and AC 8628 to Toronto. Want the times too?

might as well have them just to be sure. If I can manage to get onto that flight I can also get a lift with Camel and have someone to talk to in the lounge before take-off. I'm guessing the second one is the flight back to Canada?

JSUCamel
03-26-2010, 10:00 PM
might as well have them just to be sure. If I can manage to get onto that flight I can also get a lift with Camel and have someone to talk to in the lounge before take-off. I'm guessing the second one is the flight back to Canada?

Yep!

Someone remind me to clean out my car before JordanCon :P

ShadowbaneX
03-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Ok, WTF? $1600+ to fly down? This is ludacris.

Sei'taer
03-27-2010, 09:10 PM

Dude, this is ludacris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA7gnSyuIik).

That's just crazy.

Frenzy
03-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Dude, this is ludacris (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA7gnSyuIik).

That's just crazy.

~bangs head on desk~

reTaardad
03-27-2010, 10:00 PM
I live in Atlanta, I've discovered the most usefule means of transportation, and I'm told my family is renowned for their food prowess, so if I may be of service...

Travel

If you're coming from the airport, I would recommend that you take MARTA to the general area that you'll be staying. MARTA is Atlanta's rail line and its route forms a cross right over metropolitan Atlanta, like so:

http://www.aptselector.com/atlanta/images/atl-marta.gif

For small travel, you can take either the MARTA buses (which I do not recommend) or take a cab. If you're staying in the same hotel as the convention, it's a short walk from the MARTA station, as seen here:

http://i.imgur.com/4ldQj.png

Unfortunately, I'll be too busy to help people move around. Otherwise, I'd be open to helping anyone out. :(

Attractions

Like everyone knows, the Georgia Aquarium is a sight to behold. I've been twice and I was just as astounded the second time as I was the first. The sheer magnitude of the exhibit is something I'll never forget, and it's supposedly only getting bigger and better.

For sports, unfortunately, the Braves will be in New York that weekend. But for anyone that will be around during the preceding week, there are games scheduled against Philadelphia on the 20th, 21st, and 22nd. Even if you don't enjoy baseball, Turner Field is a fun place to visit and just walk around.

Also, if you're into walking around, there are several shopping areas in close proximity to MARTA stations. Nearest to the convention center is the Perimeter Mall. It's literally right across the street from the hotel. A few stations down is the Lenox Mall. It has a wider variety than the Perimeter, in my opinon. If you're into the more eclectic, I'd recommend Little Five Points, which is just east of Atlanta and accessible by Inman Park Station. Little Five has nearly anything that you can think of, including...

Food

As I said, my family and I are connoisseurs of fine eating (and not so fine, as long as it tastes good). The Varsity is the first eatery off the top of my head that I can recommend, since it's probably Atlanta's most famous. It's also the place I think we should host our Meet and Eat. The Varsity serves chili dogs (which is what they're known for), burgers, fries, grilled cheese, and the Frosted Orange. Just make sure you know what you want before you order unless you want them to get short with you.

I'll list the rest of my preferred restaurants and their particular cuisine:

The Brickstore in Decatur (Pub)
La Fonda (Spanish, Mexican, and Cuban)
Alfredo's (Italian)
Taco Mac (Wings and Beer)
Sensational Subs (Lunch)
Ru Sans (Sushi and Japanese)
Taqueria del Sol (Mexican)
Savage Pizza (Pizza, obviously)
Sabroso's (Mexican)

There's a lot more places I like, but they're a little more inconvenient for anyone not driving their own car or not familiar with the area.

If anyone has any questions about Atlanta or where they need to go, you can email me at stephenwdavenport[at]gmail[dot]com. If I don't know the answer, I'm very confident that I can find out what you need to know.

ShadowbaneX
03-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Thanks for pointing that out ST, but I'm going to have to give this some serious consideration. I definitely want to get down there and see you guys but that price is stupidly expensive.

Isabel
03-27-2010, 11:49 PM
SBX: in my experience the price always goes up if you wait till the last minute :(
I believe i booked in jan or feb and my ticket price was also 100 euro more expensive.

ShadowbaneX
03-27-2010, 11:57 PM
I tried to book back in January Isa, it was still $1200-1300, which is a stupid amount to pay. $1600 is just...I don't have words.

Isabel
03-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Hehe, I also think it's a stupid amount, but you could have expected it to go up if it was 1200 ;)
Flights generally don't get cheaper:(

Sei'taer
03-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Check on a flight to memphis. It's might be cheaper and I don't mind strapping you to the top of the car. We are planning on leaving thursday morning, so maybe a flight in wednesday evening? that's up to you.

JSUCamel
03-28-2010, 10:04 AM

Where are you looking for your tickets?

ShadowbaneX
03-28-2010, 11:58 AM
a local travel agent my family usually uses for trips.

Frenzy
03-28-2010, 12:05 PM
The cheapest i found was two roundtrip tickets for $1,255 US on Orbitz. You'd have to change planes once. And pay in US funny money.

How much would it cost you, in time and money, to road trip it?

Sei'taer
03-28-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.tripadvisor.com/CheapFlights?geo=55197&travelers=1&cos=0&nonstop=no&airport0=YYZ&nearby0=no&airport1=MEM&nearby1=no&date0=20100421&time0=anytime&date1=20100426&time1=anytime

Don't know if this helps. And as a bonus, you get bonus time with me!

Tamyrlin
03-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Flight from Toronto to Atlanta, one stop from Thursday to Monday, you can get it for $635. Hell, Thursday to Sunday is the same price.

I wonder how your agent came up with $1600.

No train to Chicago, then flight to Atlanta?

Sei'taer
03-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Flight from Toronto to Atlanta, one stop from Thursday to Monday, you can get it for $635. Hell, Thursday to Sunday is the same price...I must be missing some hidden piece of information from a previous post.

Yeah...most everything I'm looking at is the same price no matter if you go to ATL or MEM. All within about 50 bucks of $600.

Tamyrlin
03-28-2010, 03:30 PM
$48 (Business Class)/each Amtrak from Toronto to Depew, NY leaves 8:30 AM Thursday morning and arrives 1:21 PM in NY.

Then $370/each for a non-stop round trip from Buffalo to Atlanta (leaves 4:30 pm and gets in 6:40pm in Atlanta on Delta) if you fly in on Thursday and fly out on Monday.

Certainly adds to your travel time, but cuts your total travel costs to under $900.

Sarevok
03-28-2010, 04:05 PM
SBX' plane costs may have something to do with this:
On a more serious note, if you think things are looking expensive for you consider that I'm a "over-sized" passenger and that I need to purchace two seats for both there and back...even with this seat sale that's nearly an extra $400 to the price of things.

JSUCamel
03-28-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah...most everything I'm looking at is the same price no matter if you go to ATL or MEM. All within about 50 bucks of $600.

This is what I turned up as well. However, if Sare's reminder of what SBX said before remains true, then it could be $1200 USD. Not sure what that translates to in Canadian dollars.

He may also be including checking bags and such, which would certainly add to the fee, possibly enough to get close to $1600.

SBX, I would call an airline directly and see if you need to get two seats and ask if they have any deals. The worst they can do is say no (to the deals) and you're stuck with full fare, but I've learned that in the past if you call up businesses directly, they'll make some deals. They'd rather have you at a discount than not have you as a customer at all.

ShadowbaneX
03-28-2010, 10:39 PM
$48 (Business Class)/each Amtrak from Toronto to Depew, NY leaves 8:30 AM Thursday morning and arrives 1:21 PM in NY.

Then $370/each for a non-stop round trip from Buffalo to Atlanta (leaves 4:30 pm and gets in 6:40pm in Atlanta on Delta) if you fly in on Thursday and fly out on Monday.

Certainly adds to your travel time, but cuts your total travel costs to under $900.

There is that Tam, but I'm up in Ottawa which is a 5 hour drive from Toronto. I'd have to get to Toronto, then to Depew, then fly to Atlanta, etc. The added time is also extra time I have to take off work and I'm not sure how much vacation time I have.

SBX, I would call an airline directly and see if you need to get two seats and ask if they have any deals. The worst they can do is say no (to the deals) and you're stuck with full fare, but I've learned that in the past if you call up businesses directly, they'll make some deals. They'd rather have you at a discount than not have you as a customer at all.

I'll give this a try, like you said it cannot hurt. Personally I don't mind paying more for the extra seat, I mean I can understand that I'm taking it away from a potential customer, but paying full taxes and services fees on BOTH seats just seems stupid. Only one person is flying through, not two, so why do I have to pay as if two people are flying?

Edit: and in case anyone is worrying, if the worst comes to worse I'll find a way of reimbursing people for fees already incurred (ie the ticket and the reservations, etc). Speaking of which, Tam, Camel (anyone else) can you guys e-mail/pm me with those costs so I know what the damage is so far.

Leanne
03-29-2010, 08:16 AM
I am surprised they would make you buy two tickets. My brother always thought he would have to buy 2 tickets, but he flew last summer and had no problem just getting one, though this was just US. He is 6'6 and 400+ lbs (estimate).

Ishara
03-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Bummer! let me know if you still want the times though...

ShadowbaneX
03-29-2010, 10:07 AM
when I get a hold of Air Canada I'll see what they say. When I flew down to Vegas I was glad for the extra seat but that was on a Westjet 737. Perhaps AC gives more room and I'll only need the one. I'm definately not as tall as your brother and I don't think I've hit 400 lbs yet, but, truth be told, I haven't exactly weighed myself recently.

And yeah, Ishy, please send along the flight times. If this does work I would like to take that flight as well.

Ishara
03-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Will do first thing tomorrow morning!

Okay:

AC 8627 departs April 22, 2010 from TO at 16.30 and arrives at ATL at 18.44

AC 8628 departs April 25, 2010 from ATL at 19.15 and arrives at TO at 21.27

ShadowbaneX
04-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Hummm, no two seats are available together for those flights, however, I'm thinking now, and I hate to do this because it makes me, at least in part, an asshole, but I could get one seat, on the aisle, which would give me room for my shoulders and cut my airfare in half...although, again, I'm going to be crowding the person beside me and god only know what it's going to have to do for everyone that's walking down the aisle...but it would literally cut my airfare from $1600+ to $800-ish and I think I could get the same flight that Ishy is on.

So the question becomes: do I want to be an asshole?

Sarevok
04-02-2010, 01:09 PM
So the question becomes: do I want to be an asshole?
Bigger question: do you want to take the risk of the airline not letting you on the plane because you only took one seat? :o

ShadowbaneX
04-02-2010, 03:52 PM
I called the airline and they said that it shouldn't be a problem. I managed to fit into the seat on the 737 when I flew down to Vegas, it was mainly just my shoulders that were the problem. I think if I have an aisle seat it might not be an issue.

GonzoTheGreat
04-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Can't you just not wear the shoulderpads for the duration of the flight?

ShadowbaneX
04-02-2010, 06:41 PM
unfortunately unlike 99% of the rest of the world I am not a robot and my arms do not conveniently detach for easy storage, thus, setting problems.

GonzoTheGreat
04-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Just detach them once. After that, the next time will be lots easier.

Ishara
04-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Go for it - if it becomes a problem they should be able to accommodate the person beside you to another vacant seat.

Besides - yay!!

Isabel
04-06-2010, 01:32 PM
So far I have seen that everyone arrives a different time.
Feel free to add:

-Frenzy arrives friday.
-Retaardad and Camel live in or close to Atlana.
-Ishara and perhaps SBX arrive around 19.00 in Birmingham. How close is it to Atlanta?
-WSB arrives thursday morning.
-Zanguini arrives late in atlanta not before 19.00 i assume?
-Taer, mrs taer and pops will arrive in the afternoon in atlanta? also around 14.00?

That means we can have a couple of meets, like with WSB, camel, retaardad, and the taers around 14.00-15.00 somewhere?

After that we can arrange to meet up somewhere in the evening. I will be staying in the hotel :P

ShadowbaneX
04-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Go for it - if it becomes a problem they should be able to accommodate the person beside you to another vacant seat.

Besides - yay!!

I'm heading over to the Travel Agent once work is over tonight to figure stuff out. So, whee! I hope that there aren't any problems. I've got this feeling that I'm going to be someone's horror story once the flight is done. Maybe I should bring chocolates or something as an apology...nah, if I did they'd confiscate them as bombs and throw me into a cell or the person would be allergic to them and they'd die and the flight would be delayed. If they can move them, that'd be awesome...annoying for the other person but awesome for me. I'm still partially worried that I'm going to go board the flight and they're gonna tell me I can't go cause I'm too big, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

Isa, Ishy and I are flying in directly to Atlanta, not to Birmingham, iirc. I believe Camel's (if the offer is still valid) will be picking us up.

Isabel
04-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Oh, if you are flying into atlanta, than it might be handier, just to pick you up with the MARTA :P :P :P

Isabel
04-06-2010, 01:50 PM
BTW is swimming with the whale sharks interesting and worth 225 dollar? Thinking of booking it for wednesday :)

http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/swimOrDive/faq.aspx

JSUCamel
04-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Feel free to add:

-Frenzy arrives friday.
-Ishara and perhaps SBX arrive around 19.00 in Birmingham. How close is it to Atlanta?
-Taer, mrs taer and pops will arrive in the afternoon in atlanta? also around 14.00?

That means we can have a couple of meets, like with WSB, camel, retaardad, and the taers around 14.00-15.00 somewhere?

After that we can arrange to meet up somewhere in the evening. I will be staying in the hotel :P

Ishara and SBX will be arriving in Atlanta at about 19.00 on Thursday, as far as I know. I'll be picking them up. Unless they land, spend two hours at the beach and then head to Atlanta, I don't think Cary and Zan will make it to Atlanta by 19.00.. more like 21.00 or 22.00.

I'm working a half day, so I'll be finished at around 12.00 or 13.00, which means I can hang out til about 16.00 when I need to head to the airport. Maybe we could grab food at 20.00 or 21.00?

Also, I think Tam and Lady Tam might be there Thursday afternoon as well.

Isabel
04-06-2010, 02:17 PM
I will be really needing food earlier :P I always eat early, but we will see how it goes.

Meeting up around 14.00 will be ok.
BTW how do wsb and me check into our and your room? is it booked on your name?

Sarevok
04-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Feel free to add:

-Frenzy arrives friday.

You forgot my Aes Sedai!!! :(
Cary will be with Zan. :)

GonzoTheGreat
04-06-2010, 02:59 PM
You forgot my Aes Sedai!!! :(
Cary will be with Zan. :)If they haven't had a divorce by then.

JSUCamel
04-06-2010, 03:16 PM
I will be really needing food earlier :P I always eat early, but we will see how it goes.

Meeting up around 14.00 will be ok.
BTW how do wsb and me check into our and your room? is it booked on your name?

It's in my name, yeah. What time do you guys anticipate arriving at the hotel?

ShadowbaneX
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
It's in my name, yeah. What time do you guys anticipate arriving at the hotel?
probably about the same time you are =P

in "damn those bastards at Air Canada" news, the price of a flight to Atlanta for me went up $100 overnight. Fuckers.

ShadowbaneX
04-06-2010, 05:43 PM
1/10. Very poor form to suggest a divorce that close to the marriage. You can do better then that Gonzo...shame.

Frenzy
04-06-2010, 09:27 PM
i notice nobody's interested in picking me up from the airport at 6am on Friday. :p i'll take a cab to the hotel. Which means i get to wake Ishara up. To make waffles.

JSUCamel
04-06-2010, 09:44 PM
i notice nobody's interested in picking me up from the airport at 6am on Friday. :p i'll take a cab to the hotel. Which means i get to wake Ishara up. To make waffles.

I'll pick you up. When's the flight come in?

Frenzy
04-06-2010, 09:58 PM
I'll pick you up. When's the flight come in?

6am on Friday.

ShadowbaneX
04-06-2010, 10:01 PM
ugh, I think I'll sleep in through that one. Wake me up for t3h waffl3z though.

JSUCamel
04-06-2010, 10:05 PM
6am on Friday.

Okie dokie. Remind me when we get closer.

Marie Curie 7
04-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Feel free to add:

-Frenzy arrives friday.

Yay for selective reading of the thread. I am arriving in Atlanta on Friday afternoon around 3:20pm, as previously noted. And Terez is arriving (hopefully) by the time of opening ceremonies (Friday 1pm).

GonzoTheGreat
04-07-2010, 03:54 AM
1/10. Very poor form to suggest a divorce that close to the marriage. You can do better then that Gonzo...shame.For some reason, I have very limited experience as a marriage counselor.

Ishara
04-07-2010, 07:37 AM

GROAN. How's this for sisterly love? I'll get up and keep Camel company to the airport if he wants. What the hell - I'm up that early most days anyways. Can we find a starbucks though? Pretty please? ;) And THEN we can have waffles.

JSUCamel
04-07-2010, 07:51 AM
GROAN. How's this for sisterly love? I'll get up and keep Camel company to the airport if he wants. What the hell - I'm up that early most days anyways. Can we find a starbucks though? Pretty please? ;) And THEN we can have waffles.

I believe there's a Starbucks actually inside the hotel. At worst, it's right across the street. But sure, we can stop and get coffee on the way there or on the way back.

ShadowbaneX
04-07-2010, 08:21 AM
dammit. Thanks Ishy for reminding me that there are no Timmy's down there.

Ishara
04-07-2010, 09:21 AM
LOL - so did you book?

Camel, don't judge me, but I may need one on the way out and on the way back. But I'll buy yours too - cause you're driving!

Terez
04-07-2010, 09:30 AM
There are a bunch of Canadians on Malazan bitching about the fact that traffic is always backed up around Tim Horton's, and the general national obsession with $5 coffee.

Isabel
04-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Well I did know i missed people ;) But there is no way to meet up before the convention if you arrive around 14.00 on friday. So i guess i will see you and Terez at the convention.

Ishara
04-07-2010, 09:47 AM
There are a bunch of Canadians on Malazan bitching about the fact that traffic is always backed up around Tim Horton's, and the general national obsession with $5 coffee.

I think those would be two seperate issues. I wonder where they're getting thier Tim's though? Most have more than adequate parking and speedy drive-throughs. Seeing as I live in the Tim Horton's capital of Canada (serously), there's roughly one per 4 block radius in most parts of the city, and they ALL do well.

The $5 coffee...well...yeah. I like me some Starbucks. What can I say? They're my people.

ShadowbaneX
04-07-2010, 10:06 AM
yeah, I gave the travel agent the go ahead last night. WAY too f'ing expensive, but it's only going to get more expensive, so I might as well.

And Terez, yes, traffic is always backed up around Timmy's...or at least the drive-throughs are...every single morning there's a constant line of 12 cars or more around the one I stop at (http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=45.335565,-75.721069&num=1&t=h&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=16.71875,56.536561&ie=UTF8&ll=45.335482,-75.721019&spn=0.001199,0.002307&z=19). Every single weekday morning they're lined up in that outside lane all the way around sometimes even back into the parking lot. It's only about $2, not $5. Unless you're talking Starbucks. Yeah, that stuff is expensive.

Edit: and zomgz! When did Google Streetview get 3D?

ShadowbaneX
04-07-2010, 10:08 AM
Owning a Tim Horton's franchise up here is a license to print money. Someone recently said that there's about a 10 year wait list for a franchise.

Terez
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
...Terez, yes, traffic is always backed up around Timmy's but it's only about $2, not $5.
Probably depends on what you get. You can get a regular coffee at Starbucks for $2 or less, but most people get the specialty coffees that cost around $5.

Leanne
04-07-2010, 10:46 AM
I won't get in until almost 11pm Thursday. :( Who knows what time that will get me to the hotel.

Isabel
04-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Ouch Leanne. but didn't you come with a friend? At least you can travel with someone else.

Sei'taer
04-07-2010, 01:04 PM
It's going to depend on who's driving and who has to stop to pee the most (Pop). But if we leave at 6 or 7 am then we should be in there by 12 or 1 if we don't have to stop a lot (Right Pop?).

I'm thinking I might crawl in the back and snooze most of the way. Maybe watch some movies that everyone else hates.

ShadowbaneX
04-07-2010, 03:58 PM
it's either bad news and good news or bad news and more bad news.

The bad news is that I got laid off today. Ultimately it'll probably be for the best, but money is now of immediate concern. The other news is that my tickets were booked last night and I cannot cancel it, so I might as well head down there anyway. I'm not sure if this is good (I'll still be there) or bad (it cost alot of money). And so, tomorrow I get to try to wade through the EI system.

JSUCamel
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
it's either bad news and good news or bad news and more bad news.

The bad news is that I got laid off today. Ultimately it'll probably be for the best, but money is now of immediate concern. The other news is that my tickets were booked last night and I cannot cancel it, so I might as well head down there anyway. I'm not sure if this is good (I'll still be there) or bad (it cost alot of money). And so, tomorrow I get to try to wade through the EI system.

Oh no! I'm sorry, dude. :(

ShadowbaneX
04-07-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh no! I'm sorry, dude. :(
Thanks Camel. It's the first time I've ever really been let go before. It's not fun as I'm sure most people know. The people that I work(ed) with said that it's probably for the best as it will motivate me to find something better and I cannot disagree. The trap about the place is that the people that you worked with were great. The company that you worked for...not so much.

Regardless, the trip is booked so unless some asshat at the airport decides I need a bigger seat I'll still be down in Atlanta in a couple of weeks. As my travel agent said today: I can probably use a vacation.

Leanne
04-07-2010, 06:19 PM
That sucks, sorry to hear that SBX. You're right though, hopefully something better comes out of it. When I got laid off, I ended up going back to school to get my bachelor's. Who knows whether I would have had the opportunity/means to do that if I had not been laid off. Good luck with that, and glad you will still be in Atlanta! :D

Ishara
04-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Bummer! And no travel insurance eh?

Well, I'm happy that you're joining us!

ShadowbaneX
04-08-2010, 09:04 AM
With the trip already this expensive travel insurance would have made it all the more expensive. I'm going to be looking into EI (or is it UI now?) and hopefully that will kick in once my last paycheck comes through. Also I had some vacation pay saved up which will be about $400 or so.

WinespringBrother
04-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Sorry to hear about that, SBX. Hope you find something soon!

SauceyBlueConfetti
04-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear about the layoff SBX :(

It is looking more and more like I will not be able to make it...I have my Con pass and reservations, but I am starting a new job shortly and I am becoming convinced I won't be able to take 3 days off in my second week of work. :( I am keeping the reservations until the last possible minute just in case.

Very hard, I am super excited about the new job, but very, very bummed it may not allow me to come down.

:(:(:(

ShadowbaneX
04-08-2010, 11:01 AM

It is looking more and more like I will not be able to make it...I have my Con pass and reservations, but I am starting a new job shortly and I am becoming convinced I won't be able to take 3 days off in my second week of work. :( I am keeping the reservations until the last possible minute just in case.

Very hard, I am super excited about the new job, but very, very bummed it may not allow me to come down.

heh, pretty much the exact opposite of me. I lose a job and still have to go. You get a job and pretty much can't go.

JSUCamel
04-08-2010, 11:20 AM

Well, when i started this job, I already had a trip planned for the weekend after they wanted me to start, so I told them up front that I'd already bought plane tickets and made hotel reservations, and that I can't cancel. They didn't have a problem letting me take my first Friday off.

I mean, it probably wouldn't hurt to ask, and as long as you make it perfectly clear that you'd made these plans long before they offered you a job, they should be amenable, unless they really, really, really, really need you RIGHTNOWOMG.

Sei'taer
04-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Well, when i started this job, I already had a trip planned for the weekend after they wanted me to start, so I told them up front that I'd already bought plane tickets and made hotel reservations, and that I can't cancel. They didn't have a problem letting me take my first Friday off.

I mean, it probably wouldn't hurt to ask, and as long as you make it perfectly clear that you'd made these plans long before they offered you a job, they should be amenable, unless they really, really, really, really need you RIGHTNOWOMG.

Besides, if you don't go then that means an ass-kickin' the next time around.

ShadowbaneX
04-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Besides, if you don't go then that means an ass-kickin' the next time around.
yup, you definitely have to come...I mean who else am I going to get to talk hockey with?

Frenzy
04-08-2010, 09:20 PM
yup, you definitely have to come...I mean who else am I going to get to talk hockey with?

Who else is going to keep Sei'taer from ruining it for everyone with shop talk and fart jokes?

Sei'taer
04-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Who else is going to keep Sei'taer from ruining it for everyone with shop talk and fart jokes?

Fart jokes? I was thinking of actually farting. Fart jokes are for online only when you can't enjoy the whiffery.

BTW, no need to send me those torrid texts. I'll be there for you to gaze upon and you can tell me torrid tales in real life, ;).

Birgitte
04-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Well, Seeker gets in at 11:30 pm Thursday and I get in at 11:40 pm Thursday, so we'll be seeing you guys on Friday morning. I'm definitely down for waffles if there is coffee involved. ;)

Fart jokes? I was thinking of actually farting. Fart jokes are for online only when you can't enjoy the whiffery.

I guess no one expected you to just choose one.

GonzoTheGreat
04-12-2010, 03:25 AM
I guess no one expected you to just choose one.No one expects the Spanish Inquisition, but perhaps they can make it anyway. Does Ratzinger read WOT?

Isabel
04-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Oh you are coming as well B? Cool didn't know that ;) Wanna meet up on thursday?

Or is 11.40 in the evening?

Birgitte
04-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Yep... It's just been kind of a crazy spring for me, so I haven't been here on TL much. I'm uninvolved in the planning. :)

And it's in the evening, so no meeting for me on Thursday :( (Except for meeting up with Seeker, which will be the most fun ;) )

Ishara
04-13-2010, 08:27 AM
Ha ha. That makes me uncomfortable...LOL

SauceyBlueConfetti
04-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Very, very bummed, but I am now officially not coming to the Con. I cancelled my hotel reservation today. I am gonna contact Jennifer and see if she can transfer my Con pass to someone else. I hate to see it wasted. Or one of you could carry it around with you so at least my badge gets to do all the fun stuff. :cool:

:(

Take lots of pictures.

JSUCamel
04-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Very, very bummed, but I am now officially not coming to the Con. I cancelled my hotel reservation today. I am gonna contact Jennifer and see if she can transfer my Con pass to someone else. I hate to see it wasted. Or one of you could carry it around with you so at least my badge gets to do all the fun stuff. :cool:

:(

Take lots of pictures.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Isabel
04-15-2010, 12:58 PM
:( too bad sbc:(

Terez
04-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Aww, I'll miss you SBC. And SBX...I'll buy you lunch. I owe you. :D

ShadowbaneX
04-15-2010, 01:18 PM
:( Sad to hear you won't be joining us SBC.

Aww, I'll miss you SBC. And SBX...I'll buy you lunch. I owe you. :D

You owe me lunch? What for?

Terez
04-15-2010, 01:37 PM
:( Sad to hear you won't be joining us SBC.

You owe me lunch? What for?
For that $20 you gave me in Vegas!

ShadowbaneX
04-15-2010, 02:06 PM
I did? That was 4 years ago.

Isabel
04-16-2010, 04:56 AM
btw: i am getting a little bit nervous because of the 'vulcanic ash cloud'. I do fly tuesday, so i hope that the situation is solved than.

So far the airports are closed to friday evening.

Sei'taer
04-16-2010, 06:44 AM
btw: i am getting a little bit nervous because of the 'vulcanic ash cloud'. I do fly tuesday, so i hope that the situation is solved than.

So far the airports are closed to friday evening.

I was wondering if that would cause any problems. Are they giving any indication of when they might let up on the no fly thing?

SBC...I'm really upset!

Terez
04-16-2010, 07:02 AM
I did? That was 4 years ago.
hehe, yes you did. Saved my ass, cause I ran out of money the last day.

Isabel
04-16-2010, 07:39 AM
I was wondering if that would cause any problems. Are they giving any indication of when they might let up on the no fly thing?

SBC...I'm really upset!

They are extending it every time :( Now they say the airports are closed at least till saturday morning.

It still has 3 days than before i fly. but getting a bit nervous.

Ishara
04-16-2010, 08:10 AM
CRAP!!! So sorry you're not coming SBC!! :(

Am crossing my fingers for you Isa!

Zanguini
04-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Being the resident Meteorologist I have put together this little forecast... please bear in mind that no one can really predict the weather out this far... but its a really good guess

Friday:
High 75-80(24-27)
Mostly Sunny with increasing cloudiness throughout the day. A low in the upper 60's (upper teens)

Saturday:
A front will move through bringing showers and possibly a weak thunderstorm. This will happen in the overnight hours early Saturday morning. It might occur as late as 10am though. It will remain mostly cloudy to overcast most of the day with off and on showers after the front passes.
High:70-75 (21-24)
Low in the mid sixties (mid teens)

Sunday:
Depending on the timing of the front there may be a lingering shower or two. But as the day wears on there will be a marked decrease in clouds. Ending with a sunny day.
High: 68-72 (20-22)
a low in the upper 50's (lower teens)

Monday:
For those who are leaving Monday will see a nice day with few puffy clouds as high pressure starts to move in.
High: 70-75 (21-24)
a low in the upper 50's (lower teens)

Those of you who are attending my wedding on Wednesday It will be 80 (27) with a slight to moderate breeze comming off of the lake.

Isabel
04-17-2010, 07:52 AM
It's not looking that good. I really hope the weather improves, so that the ash will fall down or drifts the other way....

Sarevok
04-17-2010, 07:55 AM
It's not looking that good. I really hope the weather improves, so that the ash will fall down or drifts the other way....

If the ash goes the other way, it might block your destination airport... :(

Terez
04-17-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm not coming. I also won't be coming back to the forum. Was nice knowing you guys.

Frenzy
04-18-2010, 12:19 AM
seriously? that's it?

Tamyrlin
04-18-2010, 03:53 AM
I'm not coming. I also won't be coming back to the forum. Was nice knowing you guys.
Double lame - what happened that you aren't coming back to the forum?

GonzoTheGreat
04-18-2010, 04:22 AM
Out of curiosity: what is it an abbreviation for, anyway? Robert Jordan Conspiracy?

Marie Curie 7
04-18-2010, 09:00 AM

Both of these things are making me very sad. :( :(

Hopper
04-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Both of these things are making me very sad. :( :(

Both of those things are making me confused.

jason wolfbrother
04-18-2010, 11:24 AM
I know the reason for the first but the 2nd has me stumped. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::(:(:(:confused::(

Jokeslayer
04-18-2010, 12:04 PM

So how long before the WoT forums are just five interchangeable Younglings making mistakes at each other and Weird Harold muttering to himself in a corner?

Sei'taer
04-18-2010, 01:53 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

Matoyak
04-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Well huh. OK then. That was odd. :confused:

Hope everyone that is going has fun at JordanCon. Also, add in wishes that everyone be safe while traveling.

EDIT: Oh, and during the con as well, too. Not too sure why I specified traveling. ~shrug~

WinespringBrother
04-19-2010, 08:44 AM

Can you r/s the flight to a later day? Since the con doesn't start until Friday. Though I know probably there are lots of people that have to reschedule as well.

Ishara
04-19-2010, 08:47 AM
WTH is going on?!?!?!

Isa's problem is jetlag, WSB - she'll be a mini-zombie if she has to fly in much later than Tuesday. ;)

WinespringBrother
04-19-2010, 09:12 AM
WTH is going on?!?!?!

Isa's problem is jetlag, WSB - she'll be a mini-zombie if she has to fly in much later than Tuesday. ;)

Ah, well I've never flown across any ocean, didn't think about that. Still hope Isabel makes it though. As for your first question, I too am perplexed :( it appears the bloody Dark One is quite active :eek:

Sarevok
04-19-2010, 09:31 AM
WTH is going on?!?!?!

I don't think either the vulcano or the ash clouds care much for Isa's Jetlag... :(
But it looks now like some flights may be going tomorrow...

*Is thinking postive thoughts*

Isabel
04-19-2010, 09:54 AM
I will try to reschedule even till friday (probably) if it's possible. ( i don't care being jetlagged anymore)
However, i first want to make sure the flight isn't going.
I fear it won't be going, because the northic route to america seems to be closed......

Cry:(

*ofcourse if i can't make it, i will pay for the hotel room and t shirts. Kathana already emailed me that i could put my jordan con tickets to 2011*

**update** 99,99% certain my flight is cancelled. I can't reach KLM, so i can't reschedule, because i can't do it online and i can't reach them on the phone. It seems all flights on wednesday and thursday are full. so probably not :(

Isabel
04-19-2010, 07:36 PM
New information: I really had bad luck, my flight was cancelled. While the afternoon flight is said to go ahead.
Untill recently it was almost impossible to reach the airline. I have reached them after about 1 hour, in the middle of the night.

I have been able to rebook my flight till thursday. I did ask specifically if i could still cancel my flight, if i changed my mind. And i could.. :)

It's not a straight flight, but it's through Detroit.

Unfortunately, the vulcano is still erupting, so it's unclear if i can fly on thursday. Plus i have to think about it.
If i arrive, i will arrive around 17.40 in Atlanta. So i will be out of customs around at least 1.50 hours later :(

I will be horrible jetlagged next days, so not sure if i am worth something.
I will call the docter and ask if there is any medication i can savely take to keep me up. Ofcourse assuming the flight still goes on thursday... and i decide to go after all.

JSUCamel
04-19-2010, 08:10 PM
New information: I really had bad luck, my flight was cancelled. While the afternoon flight is said to go ahead.
Untill recently it was almost impossible to reach the airline. I have reached them after about 1 hour, in the middle of the night.

I have been able to rebook my flight till thursday. I did ask specifically if i could still cancel my flight, if i changed my mind. And i could.. :)

Unfortunately, the vulcano is still erupting, so it's unclear if i can fly on thursday. Plus i have to think about it.
If i arrive, i will arrive around 17.40 in Atlanta. So i will be out of customs around at least 1.50 hours later :(

I will call the docter and ask if there is any medication i can savely take to keep me up. Ofcourse assuming the flight still goes on thursday... and i decide to go after all.

I hope you can make it, Isa! But if you decide not to, I'll understand.

Ishara
04-19-2010, 08:41 PM

Okay buddy, you fly a heck of a lot more than I do, but it has *never* taken me 1.5 hours to get through customs!! Also, I think they do have pills to "fix" jet lag. Let's hope!!

irerancincpkc
04-19-2010, 09:14 PM

:( What? :(

Muerandah d'Acre
04-19-2010, 10:19 PM
I keep getting blocked out of this website. I was out of town last week (AR), but Marty and I will be there about 4 on Thursday. Would love to get together with ya'll if for nothing more than drinks at the hotel on Thursday.

Isabel
04-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Ishara : it depends on the line. the line into the usa is pretty long. You have to give your fingerprints and confince them you are not a criminal etc.

Matoyak
04-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Ishara : it depends on the line. the line into the usa is pretty long. You have to give your fingerprints and confince them you are not a criminal etc.Hrm, and they let you in? Obviously not doing their jobs right. >_> :p

jason wolfbrother
04-19-2010, 11:15 PM
They keep asking her where her parents are. ;)

Isabel
04-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Hrm, and they let you in? Obviously not doing their jobs right. >_> :p

Hehe, depends on whom you are asking. Anyway, if the flight is happening, than i might meet up with ishara and sbx on the airport? :)

Matoyak
04-19-2010, 11:20 PM
...meet up with ishara and sbx on the airport?I, for some strange reason, immediately imagined y'all three sitting on top of one of those giant airport buildings drinking kaf. My imagination is one fluxxed up mother. :confused:

ShadowbaneX
04-19-2010, 11:40 PM
any updates on the weather? I'm about to start packing soon and need to know if I should bring shorts or pants.

ShadowbaneX
04-19-2010, 11:43 PM
I believe that Ishara and I are scheduled to arrive at 18:44. If you're there I'd be happy to meet up with you Isa.

Isabel
04-20-2010, 12:40 AM
If all goes well my flight should arrive around 17.40. After that i need to go to customs.
REally depends if my flight to detroit isn't delayed by more than 1 hour. (2 hours between the flight in total)

I think Ishara and SBX will go to customs already in canada? (if i remember correctly, there are some places in canada where there are american immigration officers)

Frenzy
04-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Highs in the low 80's. Sunny/Cloudy on Thursday thru Saturday, Thunderstorms on Sunday. At least that's the long-range forecast online.

ShadowbaneX
04-20-2010, 12:59 AM
yes, I believe we'll be going through Customs in Toronto, so we'll (hopefully) just need to pick up our luggage and then we'll be away. If our timing is lucky we might be able to meet up.

ShadowbaneX
04-20-2010, 01:17 AM
Right, so, Camel. I know it's crazy, but I'm going to try to do a little ahead planning...mostly because I'm lazy and this will hopefully save work in the long run.

Anyway, here's a map of the airport (http://www.atlanta-airport.com/docs/terminal/mt_11_08.pdf). I believe we're supposed to arrive at Terminal N, which I'm guessing is the "Terminal North".

Yeah, beyond that I don't have much. I'm sorta hoping that you'll be able to help with the rest. Thoughts?

ShadowbaneX
04-20-2010, 01:18 AM
ok, yeah, that's shorts weather.

Isabel
04-20-2010, 01:19 AM
Thunderstorms??? Does that mean i can't go back on sunday to the netherlands?? or can there be flown in thunderstorms.

Sei'taer
04-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Thunderstorms??? Does that mean i can't go back on sunday to the netherlands?? or can there be flown in thunderstorms.

Shouldn't be a problem, Isa. usually they only delay if there are tornadoes around.

Shorts weather!

Ishara
04-20-2010, 07:44 AM
FWIW, I'm bringing jeans. Maybe 1 pair of capris. No shorts. Blech. And no ballgowns.

Isa, SBX will wait for you at the airport, happily. Camel, can you fit 3? I promise my luggage is not big! Isa and I could squeeze into the back?

Sei'taer
04-20-2010, 08:03 AM
FWIW, I'm bringing jeans. Maybe 1 pair of capris. No shorts. Blech. And no ballgowns.

Isa, SBX will wait for you at the airport, happily. Camel, can you fit 3? I promise my luggage is not big! Isa and I could squeeze into the back?

I'll be in shorts. I've been wearing shorts for a month now (when I'm not at work. I should be able to wear shorts to work, but for some reason they have this dumb no shorts rule) and once I start wearing them I refuse to go back to pants until it's down in the 30's again.

Isabel
04-20-2010, 08:38 AM
I also only take handluggage with me, because i don't wanna take the risk of losing my luggage in detroit.

Sarevok
04-20-2010, 09:25 AM

Flying around thrunderstorms is mostly safe enough, as they're usually visible on the on-board radar and it's easy to actually fly around them. Take-off might be delayed because of it, though.
The thing you should be worried about would be the wind shifting and Amsterdam shutting down again...:eek:

Isabel
04-20-2010, 09:32 AM
aggh, well i got to try it anyway. ;) you never know what is going to happen, so i just have to wait and see.

yks 6nnetu hing
04-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Good luck Isa!!!

ShadowbaneX
04-20-2010, 11:46 AM
I want to do that, but with all the crap that's been going on here I think they've restricted the amount of carry-on luggage you can bring. You might want to double check what you can bring with you. Also I got a suitcase for Christmas so I might as well bring that.

ShadowbaneX
04-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Oh, Ishara, speaking of meeting up at Airports, to make things simpler (and to thumb my nose at all of Toronto) I'll be wearing my red Sens jersey on Thursday so that should make me fairly easy to find.

JSUCamel
04-20-2010, 09:09 PM
I keep getting blocked out of this website. I was out of town last week (AR), but Marty and I will be there about 4 on Thursday. Would love to get together with ya'll if for nothing more than drinks at the hotel on Thursday.

Sweet! I live in Atlanta, so I'll be there all afternoon Thursday. I dunno what I'll be wearing or anything, but probably either a blue hat with a yellow P on it or a beige hat with a camel on it ;)

The more the merrier!

Muerandah d'Acre
04-20-2010, 09:25 PM
I'll be wearing Bama stuff, no hat, but I will also probably have my green shawl on. PM me and I'll send you my cell #. WE most likely will be at the bar and or some combo of an eating establishment in said hotel.

JSUCamel
04-20-2010, 09:46 PM
I'll be wearing Bama stuff, no hat, but I will also probably have my green shawl on. PM me and I'll send you my cell #. WE most likely will be at the bar and or some combo of an eating establishment in said hotel.

Cool. you're from Bama? What part?

Muerandah d'Acre
04-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Montgomery...... I find it easiest to tell someone looking for me in a different city that I'll be wearing Bama stuff, they always find me, but if not, anyone that knows what Marty looks like will always find us. So we on for drinks at the hotel Thursday nite?

JSUCamel
04-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Montgomery...... I find it easiest to tell someone looking for me in a different city that I'll be wearing Bama stuff, they always find me, but if not, anyone that knows what Marty looks like will always find us. So we on for drinks at the hotel Thursday nite?

Sounds good. I gotta pick up Ishara, SBX and Isabel at the airport around 6:30, but I'll be there before and after that.

Sei'taer
04-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Sounds good. I gotta pick up Ishara, SBX and Isabel at the airport around 6:30, but I'll be there before and after that.

We'll be there too

Ishara
04-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Oh, Ishara, speaking of meeting up at Airports, to make things simpler (and to thumb my nose at all of Toronto) I'll be wearing my red Sens jersey on Thursday so that should make me fairly easy to find.

Ha ha. No thumbing necessary you know. At least you guys are in the damn playoffs! But, good to know. I'll be the one with the BRIGHT orange luggage and the innocuous black hoodie. LOL I'll look for you at baggage claim.

Drinks all around Thursday night - am getting excited!

Um, not to change room plans, but I have an extra bed, and Isa may need a quiet place to crash. I'm more than happy to have you crash in my room just for Thursday night and you can share with Camel and WSB for the others? Let me know!

Isabel
04-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Good luck Isa!!!

ShadowbaneX
04-21-2010, 12:00 AM
we're in the playoffs for now, but now we're down 3 games to 1, so it might not be for too much longer. Still, we've played alot more playoff games then the Leafs have in the past 5 years. =D Also, it's gameday. I always wear one of my jerseys on gameday. With any luck I'll be wearing it on Saturday as well. Now, if we can only find a bar that's got the game on...

SauceyBlueConfetti
04-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Have fun guys!! I am so bummed I can't be there, I had been looking forward to it (and meeting all of you) for months.

Keep us updated on stuff please so I can live vicariously through you via TL.

:):(:D

Isabel
04-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Ishara:i don't mind where i sleep. Shall we talk about this tomorrow?

So far the flight seems to go, so i am happy again.

Ishara
04-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Sure, let's chat in the car!

Tomorrow, I'm gonna be in a car with Camel and Isa and SBX. Am freaking. !!!

Zanguini
04-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Camel isnt too bad... and so long as none of you are an author then isa will be fine too.

JSUCamel
04-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Camel isnt too bad... and so long as none of you are an author then isa will be fine too.

Not too bad? NOT TOO BAD?! I'M FREAKING AWESOME.

*ahem* I'm excited, too.

Muerandah d'Acre
04-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Look for us at the bar. If not call me, most of you should have my cell.... email at muerandah at gmail.com if you dont