PDA

View Full Version : Who's doing what?

ShadowbaneX
04-21-2010, 03:01 PM
There's alot of stuff happening (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Amz90ZOKvE3CdEZPa1VYa3BybmN6eFRjWFYxN2pOe FE&gid=0), but who's doing what?

Personally, I'm mostly just hanging out with you guys, but I would like to play Magic (8:30 pm Friday...also, what will the rules of that be? Do we need to bring cards, if so, what kind?). Everything else for me is pretty much up in the air.

So, who wants to do what?

JSUCamel
04-21-2010, 03:25 PM
There's alot of stuff happening (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Amz90ZOKvE3CdEZPa1VYa3BybmN6eFRjWFYxN2pOe FE&gid=0), but who's doing what?

Personally, I'm mostly just hanging out with you guys, but I would like to play Magic (8:30 pm Friday...also, what will the rules of that be? Do we need to bring cards, if so, what kind?). Everything else for me is pretty much up in the air.

So, who wants to do what?

Last year, a few of us had picked some specific things, like the poker tournament and trivia thing, that we really wanted to do, and the rest of us just kinda went along or played it by ear. I personally haven't really looked at the schedule yet. I suppose I should. :)

ShadowbaneX
04-21-2010, 03:30 PM
yeah, that's kinda the point. I expect that it's mostly gonna be by ear for me too, but I'm kinda interested in what people want to do. As I said, besides the Magic I don't really have a preference so I'm looking for ideas.

I'm pulling my old favourite deck out of the binder(s) it's been sitting in for the past half decade or so and I'm kinda wondering which cards I should be using. Anyone know what the rules for this thing is going to be, or know who would know? Would kinda suck to get down there and find out the deck I brought along can't be used.

Frenzy
04-21-2010, 03:58 PM
i'm trying to reorganize the agenda spreadsheet so all the options are in one place & easy to read. Once i'm done with that i'll let you know.

i'm also going to go dig thru the desk to see if i can find those damn shivan dragons.

ShadowbaneX
04-21-2010, 04:05 PM
I think I've got a Shivan Dragon you can borrow if you need a spare Frenzy...dammit, I'm really trying to avoid bringing the Binder of Doom as I don't want to risk losing it, but the more I talk about this the easier it would be if I did.

JSUCamel
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I think I've got a Shivan Dragon you can borrow if you need a spare Frenzy...dammit, I'm really trying to avoid bringing the Binder of Doom as I don't want to risk losing it, but the more I talk about this the easier it would be if I did.

Brandon posted a blog about it and the decks he wants to play. Not sure what the rules would be, but I'm sure there will be multiple games going on besides just the ones with Brandon.

ShadowbaneX
04-21-2010, 04:17 PM
yeah, I found that and sent him an e-mail. A draft would be fun, but I'm more of a constructed fan. If I bring the Binder of Doom, I could have more then one deck, which makes me want to bring it...but if I do bring it I risk losing it. Conundrum.

Frenzy
04-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Brandon is a frickin' machine. He wiped the floor with everyone at the SJ booksigning. It wasn't even close.

ShadowbaneX
04-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Brandon is a frickin' machine. He wiped the floor with everyone at the SJ booksigning. It wasn't even close.
hummm, sounds like fun. Was format was it?

Frenzy
04-21-2010, 04:45 PM
hell if i know. i stopped playing before Mato was born.

Matoyak
04-21-2010, 04:52 PM
hell if i know. i stopped playing before Mato was born.I'm wondering how I got to be the default for statements like this. Not that I mind, it makes me laugh every time I see one.
I mean, am I really the youngest person here, still?

ShadowbaneX
04-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Well, was it limited, ie did people buy cards and build decks out of those? Or did people bring their own decks from home and play with those, ie constructed.

If it was limited, was it draft, ie each person bought 3 booster packs, opened one pack, picked a card and then passed the pack onto the person beside them?

WinespringBrother
04-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Well, was it limited, ie did people buy cards and build decks out of those? Or did people bring their own decks from home and play with those, ie constructed.

If it was limited, was it draft, ie each person bought 3 booster packs, opened one pack, picked a card and then passed the pack onto the person beside them?

I think Brandon only used cards that were donated to him on the book signing tour, and Jason used cards he was given/donated.

Leanne
04-21-2010, 07:53 PM
It's been so long since I really played magic. My cards are not in any kind of order now, my son likes to go through them.

Either way, I am definitely playing poker, beyond that, SCRABBLE!

Tamyrlin
04-21-2010, 08:08 PM
You don't have to come, of course, but any support would be appreciated. One is an Asmodean track and the second is a Loony Theories track.

I'm still trying to work out playing in the Poker Tournament too.

Ishara
04-21-2010, 08:15 PM
I will 100% be there for you Tam! I don't understand Magic and I love you, so the choice is easy.

(please don't be mad - I forgot to pick up the empanadas! I feel terrible!)

Tamyrlin
04-21-2010, 08:16 PM
But you are coming to my tracks, that more than makes up for it! :)

Leanne
04-21-2010, 08:26 PM
I noticed they scheduled your Asmodean at the same time as poker. Was that a plot to get the reigning champion away? hmmmm

Tamyrlin
04-21-2010, 08:52 PM
To do both - we'll see how that works out.

Can you say "blinded out"? I may have to have someone watch my table so they don't cheat me chips :)

ShadowbaneX
04-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Asmodean? Sorry boss, but I don't think I can attend that and still remain in the faction.

Leanne
04-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Can I peak my head in and out? I will try to sit at your table and keep an hand, I mean eye, on your chips. hehe