PDA

View Full Version : ToM partial cover reveal

halo6819
04-23-2010, 09:49 AM
all of you who follow DM on twitter or facebook probablyalready know, but here is the partial cover for ToM shown at JC

http://img405.yfrog.com/img405/9880/zfk.jpg

looks like mat, thom, and possibly noal at the tower of genji

Davian93
04-23-2010, 10:09 AM
all of you who follow DM on twitter or facebook probablyalready know, but here is the partial cover for ToM shown at JC

Looks like it...GOD, this getting WoT books regularly again thing is fun.

Luckers
04-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Firstly... no offence, but the American covers are kinda gross.

Secondly... the spear definately looks like the previous drawings of the ashendarei. And the figure to the left looks like he is holding up a harp--almost as if in challenge. The third person fits Noal's age, with one issue.

But yes, definately looks like Mat, Thom and Noal at Ghenjei--especially given the harp seems to be held up as a challenge.

My one question--why does Noal seem to have a staff? Have I forgotten him carrying a staff?

Davian93
04-23-2010, 10:30 AM

Secondly... the spear definately looks like the previous drawings of the ashendarei. And the figure to the left looks like he is holding up a harp--almost as if in challenge. The third person fits Noal's age, with one issue.

But yes, definately looks like Mat, Thom and Noal at Ghenjei--especially given the harp seems to be held up as a challenge.

My one question--why does Noal seem to have a staff? Have I forgotten him carrying a staff?

I agree on our covers. Its almost like a point of pride at this point. They're so ugly that they're to the point of not being ugly any longer. I'd miss the Sweet covers at this point.

Sarevok
04-23-2010, 11:11 AM

How can you make out anything more than the spear and some blurry faces??? :confused:

Davian93
04-23-2010, 11:16 AM
How can you make out anything more than the spear and some blurry faces??? :confused:

You cant see the ashandarei, walking staff and harp?

That's about all I can make out other than the silver tower.

halo6819
04-23-2010, 11:19 AM
i couldnt make out the harp, i thought thom was scrawling the symbols needed to get into the tower

Sarevok
04-23-2010, 11:22 AM
i couldnt make out the harp, i thought thom was scrawling the symbols needed to get into the tower

Thow srawling....?
Ooh, now I know why I couldn't find the harp and staff. :) I had Thom and Noal backwards. :)

GonzoTheGreat
04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
TI had Thom and Noal backwards. :)And yet it is so simple: while one is white haired, the other is white haired. One glance at the picture shows that only the one on the left is white haired, so that's bound to be Noal.

Crispin's Crispian
04-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I still don't see the harp, but the knife certainly looks bronze. I'd have thought it was Thom and Mat and some other guy, since the scrawler looks too young to be Noal or Thom.

Davian93
04-23-2010, 12:25 PM
What I took for a harp is indeed someone writing on the outside of the tower (the symbol for entry no doubt).

kivo
04-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Thom, Mat and Olver. The guy who does these paintings isn't good at differentiating the height between his subjects, see the tGH cover. Plus only one gray head.

Davian93
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Thom, Mat and Olver. The guy who does these paintings isn't good at differentiating the height between his subjects, see the tGH cover. Plus only one gray head.

Maybe Noal is killed/dies heroically before they get to the Tower...that would explain the substitution. Or perhaps his Compulsion kicks in and he does something.

DrZoidberg
04-23-2010, 03:35 PM
I cannot find any information on Tor.com at Brandon Sanderson's blog about that they have revealed the cover. Perhaps it's not so very wise to publish the picture, before the owners has published it. (They might have and I have missed it, my bad if it's so).

Davian93
04-23-2010, 03:55 PM
I cannot find any information on Tor.com at Brandon Sanderson's blog about that they have revealed the cover. Perhaps it's not so very wise to publish the picture, before the owners has published it. (They might have and I have missed it, my bad if it's so).

If its from Dragonmount (as the initial posts claims) its 99% legit.

One Armed Gimp
04-23-2010, 04:02 PM
Either its not the ashandarei or some one needs to make sure he knows it is black.

Davian93
04-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Either its not the ashandarei or some one needs to make sure he knows it is black.

Darryl Sweet isn't known for his accurate covers.

FelixPax
04-23-2010, 07:32 PM
It's a nice looking covers, especially compared to some of the past ones. However, isn't it a tad too brightly colored for a time of darkness in the skies above?

Not to mention, it is curious to see a person there who, I think, looks like what Noal would be?

Where's Valan Luca on the cover? Or Olver? ;o)

halo6819
04-23-2010, 07:39 PM
perhaps the person scrawling the symbol into the tower is valan he does have garish purple pants on, and the black bar covers up his RED CAPE! maybe thats why they put the censor bar up didnt want to give it away yet

Davian93
04-23-2010, 07:54 PM
perhaps the person scrawling the symbol into the tower is valan he does have garish purple pants on, and the black bar covers up his RED CAPE! maybe thats why they put the censor bar up didnt want to give it away yet

Shot in the dark: Its Muhammad...and that's why its being censored.

Sei'taer
04-23-2010, 11:35 PM
not only have we seen the cover at Jordancon, Brandon also did a reading today from Towers of Midnight. I'm sure it will be posted somewhere soon. Wish y'all were here!

GonzoTheGreat
04-24-2010, 03:54 AM
Darryl Sweet isn't known for his accurate covers.Ah, so that's what he is not known for. That had been bugging me for years, you know.

finberg
04-24-2010, 08:50 AM
From Twitter:
PeterAhlstrom @dragonmount The final cover may not be that painting at all. #TofM

FYI

reTaardad
04-24-2010, 09:14 AM
I was talking to Brandon when he discovered the cover in the booklet and he said there is something very, very wrong with the cover. He said it's an error that, if you were reading the scene in the book, you'd flip the cover over and go, "Hey, that's wrong!" He wouldn't tell us what it was, but he said he'd try to get it fixed before the book came out.

GonzoTheGreat
04-24-2010, 09:30 AM
That one is easy: they are all wearing boots. Mat comes up with a plan to foil the *finn: they will impersonate hobbits. But in order to do that convincingly, they have to go barefoot.

Luckers
04-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Here is the UK addition.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SniTwfm5BwE/S9LWtVUo5iI/AAAAAAAACU4/1Tgo961HDtY/s1600/Towers+of+Midnight+UK.jpg

Davian93
04-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Here is the UK addition.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_SniTwfm5BwE/S9LWtVUo5iI/AAAAAAAACU4/1Tgo961HDtY/s1600/Towers+of+Midnight+UK.jpg

BBBBBBOOORRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Luckers
04-24-2010, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I prefer it. There's class in understatement.

Frenzy
04-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Brandon said there's something very wrong plot-wise with the illustration. The biggest problem I see is I don't see Thom in it. The white-hair in the back looks more like Noal than Thom, and the guy in front definitely doesn't look like Thom.

Linda
04-25-2010, 06:21 AM
Apart from Mat wearing the wrong gear, there is only one white-haired guy and not two, and the triangle is pointing the wrong way - up instead of down.

GonzoTheGreat
04-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Apart from Mat wearing the wrong gear, there is only one white-haired guy and not two, and the triangle is pointing the wrong way - up instead of down.But all that falls well within the Darryl Sweet spectrum of artistic license, doesn't it?

Neilbert
04-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Yeah, I prefer it. There's class in understatement.

Broken clock...

Terez
04-25-2010, 09:36 AM
The two errors that caught my eye (I'll scan a better one when I get home if no one else does):

1. Only one white-haired person.

2. The triangle whoever is drawing on the tower is right-side-up. It should be upside-down. (Funnily enough, Linda showed it to me Friday night, and she asked me to pick out the error, and I immediately went to the triangle. Other people seem to have a hard time figuring that out.)

Also, the other non-white-haired person looks to be about the same age as Mat. Not Olver, and not Valan Luca. Not Bayle Domon either. The lack of a second white-haired person might actually be a mistake, but I get the feeling they might hedging to avoid revealing who the third person will be. Noal could die before the expedition.

Davian93
04-25-2010, 10:15 AM
I still think Noal is a Shadow plant...Makes sense to have Mat under surveillance.

GonzoTheGreat
04-25-2010, 11:09 AM
But if Noal hadn't interfered at the right time, then the Gholam would've eaten Mat.

And as far as we know, the Shadow isn't really interested in keeping Mat under surveillance at this point, they just want him dead.

dominominic
04-25-2010, 04:12 PM
The two errors that caught my eye (I'll scan a better one when I get home if no one else does):

1. Only one white-haired person.

2. The triangle whoever is drawing on the tower is right-side-up. It should be upside-down. (Funnily enough, Linda showed it to me Friday night, and she asked me to pick out the error, and I immediately went to the triangle. Other people seem to have a hard time figuring that out.)

Also, the other non-white-haired person looks to be about the same age as Mat. Not Olver, and not Valan Luca. Not Bayle Domon either. The lack of a second white-haired person might actually be a mistake, but I get the feeling they might hedging to avoid revealing who the third person will be. Noal could die before the expedition.

Only two errors?

Isn't it odd how other authors' fans get to say "that's a sweet cover alright", when we get to say "Ugh, that's a Sweet cover alright"?

Davian93
04-25-2010, 05:01 PM
But if Noal hadn't interfered at the right time, then the Gholam would've eaten Mat.

And as far as we know, the Shadow isn't really interested in keeping Mat under surveillance at this point, they just want him dead.

We'll see.

Zaela Sedai
04-25-2010, 05:18 PM
At least the copper/brass ( i forgot which it has to be cant find it in the search...maybe i'm crazy ) knife is right. I'm surprised that is right LOL

Linda
04-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Bronze knife

Ishara
04-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Where, I would like to know, is Mat's hat?! Nevermind the fact that the Tower is supposed to be HUGE, and not the tiny thing that we see on the cover, and that the tower is supposed to be located in a very desolate location - i.e. no jungle right around it...

Leanne
04-26-2010, 10:44 AM
We were discussing this cover at Jordancon with Jason from Dragonmount. He said they were very clear that this is not final and that it was entirely possible that it will be nothing like this at all or it could be this cover revised.

Davian93
04-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Where, I would like to know, is Mat's hat?! Nevermind the fact that the Tower is supposed to be HUGE, and not the tiny thing that we see on the cover, and that the tower is supposed to be located in a very desolate location - i.e. no jungle right around it...

Its said to be visible from the banks of the river (per tEotW). Whether that means the top is visible and there are shrubbery/trees around it or not, that is not specific. Considering its bad luck to approach it or some crap like that, I doubt any regular landscaping is being done.

Ishara
04-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Ah, but in tSR, when Perrin comes across it in TAR it's in a field.

Davian93
04-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Ah, but in tSR, when Perrin comes across it in TAR it's in a field.

You and your pesky details. I was gonna check that reference myself but simply didn't.

Ishara
04-26-2010, 11:52 AM
LOL

Crispin's Crispian
04-26-2010, 12:41 PM
We were discussing this cover at Jordancon with Jason from Dragonmount. He said they were very clear that this is not final and that it was entirely possible that it will be nothing like this at all or it could be this cover revised.

In fact, the cover could be a picture of Cadsuane and Tuon on a horse surrounded by Darkhounds.

Or, maybe it will be Rand perched beneath a bodhi tree and holding the Horn in his good hand.

Or, Egwene with wings flying over the White Tower dropping meatpies on the local gentry.

Who knows, really?

Sei'taer
04-26-2010, 09:39 PM
In fact, the cover could be a picture of Cadsuane and Tuon on a horse surrounded by Darkhounds.

Or, maybe it will be Rand perched beneath a bodhi tree and holding the Horn in his good hand.

Or, Egwene with wings flying over the White Tower dropping meatpies on the local gentry.

Who knows, really?

You should have seen some of the artwork they had at the 'con. There was one of RJ holding the dragon flag and Brandon on his knees accepting it while all of the WoT characters looked on. There was another of a bunch of Ashaman fighting Aiel that was about 6 or 8 feet long. I wish someone had taken a picture of it. I don't know who did those two things, but it was definitely someone who knew more about the books than sweet, or sweet was having a really good day.

Marie Curie 7
04-26-2010, 10:16 PM
You should have seen some of the artwork they had at the 'con. There was one of RJ holding the dragon flag and Brandon on his knees accepting it while all of the WoT characters looked on. There was another of a bunch of Ashaman fighting Aiel that was about 6 or 8 feet long. I wish someone had taken a picture of it. I don't know who did those two things, but it was definitely someone who knew more about the books than sweet, or sweet was having a really good day.

The one of RJ and Brandon is by an artist named Seamas Gallagher. I couldn't find it on his site (though maybe I missed it), but you can see it in this article (http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/robert-jordans-the-wheel-of-time-series-lives-on-thanks-to-his-wife-harriet-mcdougal-and-writer-brandon-sanderson/Content?oid=1900913), about 2/3 of the way down.

The Aiel/Asha'man battle is a scene from Dumai's Wells, done by artist Greg Manchess for the Lord of Chaos e-book cover that was recently released. You can see the full view of it on Tor's website (http://www.tor.com/index.php?id=58707&option=com_content&view=blog).

ShadowbaneX
04-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Harriet said that the passing of the banner was a piece of work that was in the Charleston newspaper and that Wilson (I believe) managed to get a hold of the original (or at least a print) and gave it to Harriet after she commented on how wonderful it was.

I also believe that the wide banner type thing of Rand vs the Aiel (it might have been just an Asha'man though) was one of the covers for one of the ebooks. Since it's all digital you're not confined to a limited size.

Some of the other artwork was the stuff they had at the auction. One piece for each book. WSB managed to snag the tFoH one which was of Moiraine I believe. I was thinking on bidding on that myself. WSB, I know I asked but can you remind me of who the artist was? I might get a print myself if they can be found.

Leanne
04-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Some of the other artwork was the stuff they had at the auction. One piece for each book. WSB managed to snag the tFoH one which was of Moiraine I believe. I was thinking on bidding on that myself. WSB, I know I asked but can you remind me of who the artist was? I might get a print myself if they can be found.

Those were the ebook covers. You can see them at Tor's website as well.

JSUCamel
04-26-2010, 10:37 PM
WSB managed to snag the tFoH one which was of Moiraine I believe. I was thinking on bidding on that myself. WSB, I know I asked but can you remind me of who the artist was? I might get a print myself if they can be found.

Dan Dos Santos did the Moiraine one... he also did the cover art for The Way of Kings.

ShadowbaneX
04-26-2010, 10:48 PM
noice, thanks Camel. Do you happen to know any of the others?

halo6819
04-27-2010, 12:20 AM
Dan Dos Santos did the Moiraine one... he also did the cover art for The Way of Kings.

DDS did the cover art for Warbreaker not Way of the Kings, that was Michael Whelan

EotW - David Grove
TGH - Kekai Kotaki
TDR - Donato Giancola
TSR - Sam Weber (he also just did a new enders game cover)
tFoH - Dan Dos Santos
LoC - Greg Manchess (a small section is used for the actual "book" cover and the rest was done for fun. also Jason from DM is the one who sujested dumai's wells as the subject of the painting)
aCoS - Mélanie Delon

and the rest we have to wait for, one a month

Infidel
04-27-2010, 05:39 AM
The players on the cover are obviously, intuitively, from left to right:

Noal, "My legs are bent, my eyes are weak..."

Mat, staring in utter disbelief at

Thom, who has dyed his hair in anticipation of hooking up with Moiraine, busily tagging the Tower of mo'fo Ghenji.

Seriously, this is why I order books from Europe and wait an extra two or three weeks.

Ishara
04-27-2010, 07:33 AM

I took a pic of the LoC ebook cover - it's on fb. ;)

DDS did the cover art for Warbreaker not Way of the Kings, that was Michael Whelan

EotW - David Grove
TGH - Kekai Kotaki
TDR - Donato Giancola
TSR - Sam Weber (he also just did a new enders game cover)
tFoH - Dan Dos Santos
LoC - Greg Manchess (a small section is used for the actual "book" cover and the rest was done for fun. also Jason from DM is the one who sujested dumai's wells as the subject of the painting)
aCoS - Mélanie Delon

and the rest we have to wait for, one a month

The aCoS cover was STUNNING. It was basically the scene of Nynaeve being rescused under water by Lan, but it was done so beautifully...really a gorgeous piece of art.

Thom, who has dyed his hair in anticipation of hooking up with Moiraine, busily tagging the Tower of mo'fo Ghenji.

AMAZING.

JSUCamel
04-27-2010, 07:39 AM

You sure? I was positive it was WOK. Though now that I think about it, you're right. Oops, my mistake. He's still an awesome artist.

Daekyras
04-27-2010, 07:42 AM
Isn't it odd how other authors' fans get to say "that's a sweet cover alright", when we get to say "Ugh, that's a Sweet cover alright"?

Nice!

Anyway, The cover art for tDR is the worst in the series in my opinion. Rand looks like a Frog!

Terez
04-27-2010, 01:09 PM
I promised a better scan. Here 'tis:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i111/Terez27/TOMcover.png

Ishara
04-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Ouch.

Sequel to The Gatering Storm? I see a copy editor getting fired!

Terez
04-27-2010, 01:18 PM
haha, yeah Linda pointed that one out to me, or I wouldn't have noticed it. :D

halo6819
04-27-2010, 01:51 PM
looks like mat lost his "shady" hat and is now an algai'd'siswai (SP?).

so new theory. mat devorces tuon, shacks up with a maiden, decides to "become" aiel and dons the red headband. this will confuse the fuck out of the finns and they will give him moiraine just to be done with it...

Crispin's Crispian
04-27-2010, 03:36 PM
looks like mat lost his "shady" hat and is now an algai'd'siswai (SP?).

so new theory. mat devorces tuon, shacks up with a maiden, decides to "become" aiel and dons the red headband. this will confuse the fuck out of the finns and they will give him moiraine just to be done with it...

Or...Mat is trying to hide from Tuon so dresses up a short, brown-haired Aiel. He then paints his black ashanderei gold so the Finns won't suspect it's actually iron (short memories, and all). Finally, he hooks up with Pete Townshend from The Who so he can really dazzle them. Incidentally, Pete carries a bronze dagger tucked into his pink pants. It's how he got some of the girls away from Daltrey.

Sei'taer
04-27-2010, 04:13 PM
It's how he got some of the girls away from Daltrey.

Lies! That'd never happen...LIESLIESLIES I tell you!

GonzoTheGreat
04-28-2010, 04:21 AM
Perhaps it isn't Mat and company at all.

Maybe Taim steals the ashandarei and then, with some random Asha'man helpers, fetches Moiraine from the ToG. That'd surely confuse the *finns, as they aren't expecting the Spanish Inquisition (of which Taim is the current head, as you know). Then Moiraine takes charge of the AS at the Black Tower, goes to the White Tower and overthrows the usurper, Egwene al'Vere. There'll be great rejoicing, and everyone is happy ever after.

Infidel
04-28-2010, 05:37 AM
George Washington, Rambo, and my sixth grade geometry teacher are going to rescue Angelina Jolie from Billie Bob Thornton.

GonzoTheGreat
04-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Oh yeah, as for the "we would know it wasn't wrong when we read the scene": one of the Asha'man accompanying Taim would be Halima, who had accidentally lost her shirt in the preceding chapter. Currently, that is hidden by the "COVER NOT FINAL" message, but it should be clear on the actual cover. The fact that it won't be is what will make everyone go "that's not right".

epic
04-30-2010, 12:26 PM
http://library2.risingshadow.net/images/books/19038.jpg

Here's the full cover

JSUCamel
04-30-2010, 12:33 PM
http://library2.risingshadow.net/images/books/19038.jpg

Here's the full cover

Hobbits!

What's the source?

Ieyasu
04-30-2010, 12:46 PM
Hobbits!

What's the source?

LOL thats what I was thinking... wtf kind of artist cant even scale human's properly? /fail

ShadowbaneX
04-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Darrel K. Sweet. I've seen some of his other stuff, (stuff without you, know humans in them) and they were awesome. The guy can do scenery like nobodies business, but he just cannot seem to do characters very well.

Sodas
04-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Rofl. That's terrible. They do look like hobbits.

Is Thom also missing a foot?

Belazamon
04-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Apparently Olver was so pissed that he couldn't go, he cloned himself twice and just made up his own expedition.

Crispin's Crispian
04-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Apparently Olver was so pissed that he couldn't go, he cloned himself twice and just made up his own expedition.

And brought along Wilford Brimley with his giant oatmeal stirrer (that can also check your blood sugar).

It's just good stuff!

ETA: WTF happened to Mat's ashandarei? The blade fell off.

GonzoTheGreat
04-30-2010, 03:18 PM
ETA: WTF happened to Mat's ashandarei? The blade fell off.No, it didn't, it is just stuck in an overgrown ditch.
Of course, the thing did shrink in the wash (so that it still fits Mat's current size, I guess), and it was bleached rather aggressively:
With a wordless roar, he ran for the tree, grabbing at saidin, the fiery sword coming into his hands as he leaped, slashing at the rope. He and Mat hit the dusty white paving stones with twin thuds. The pole jarred free and clattered down beside them; not a pole, but an odd black-hafted spear with a short sword blade in place of a spearpoint, slightly curved and single edged. Rand would not have cared if it was made of gold and cuendillar set with sapphires and firedrops.I do think that such random color changes fall well within Sweet's normal range of artistic license, so this isn't what BS was warning us about.

halo6819
04-30-2010, 03:32 PM
the "full" cover looks shopped...

bowlwoman
04-30-2010, 03:49 PM
I took both photos and made an non-Hobbit version sans black bar:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n233/bowlwoman/ToM_cover_us_earlyPreview_full.jpg

Terez
04-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Have rep. Now if you could only photoshop in Mat's hat, and fix the triangle to where it's upside-down, and Farstrider's hair, DKS would be all set. Also, the haft of the ashandarei should be black. And the oval thing from the 'full' cover has the typo corrected, so it's probably best to use that...

Kurtz
04-30-2010, 05:58 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/s4qozn.gif -

bowlwoman
05-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Have rep. Now if you could only photoshop in Mat's hat, and fix the triangle to where it's upside-down, and Farstrider's hair, DKS would be all set. Also, the haft of the ashandarei should be black. And the oval thing from the 'full' cover has the typo corrected, so it's probably best to use that...

Fixed. I couldn't get Noal's hair to look exactly the way I wanted it, but hey, at least now it's white.

Isabel
05-01-2010, 02:59 AM
Looks good Bowl:)

bowlwoman
05-01-2010, 03:01 AM
Thanks. I obviously have no life if I'm sitting around at 3am photochopping DKS WoT covers...

Going to bed now.

Terez
05-01-2010, 08:15 AM
FREAKING AWESOME.

GonzoTheGreat
05-01-2010, 08:20 AM
FREAKING AWESOME.That too. Doesn't stop us from criticising it, of course.

Description of the environs of the ToG:
The land grew flat and grassy, broken by scattered thickets, without any sign of man. Then something glittered ahead, sparkling in the sun, a tower of metal.That does not match the trees nor the hills visible in your picture, bowlwoman. :p

Davian93
05-01-2010, 09:39 AM
I'd be happy if they went away from the bright yellow title font after the last two covers. I dont care for it.

heridfel
05-01-2010, 10:45 AM
We all know that DKS is incapable of doing an accurate cover, and since we all know we are stuck with him until the re-issue after the series is done we should root for the most absurd, crazy , inaccurate covers possible. Personally I'd like to see a few trollocs thrown in hiding somewhere, DKS love to put those in covers, also maybe a giant flying bat thing that in no way resembles a draghkar.

BTW Wilford Brimley comment, AWESOME!

Cor Shan
05-02-2010, 01:45 AM
We all know that DKS is incapable of doing an accurate cover, and since we all know we are stuck with him until the re-issue after the series is done we should root for the most absurd, crazy , inaccurate covers possible. Personally I'd like to see a few trollocs thrown in hiding somewhere, DKS love to put those in covers, also maybe a giant flying bat thing that in no way resembles a draghkar.

BTW Wilford Brimley comment, AWESOME!
Don't you mean black people in horned armour? How about an extra character that got cut out 20 years ago? A giant floating zombie head?

(facepalm)

bowlwoman
05-02-2010, 12:53 PM
The land grew flat and grassy, broken by scattered thickets, without any sign of man. Then something glittered ahead, sparkling in the sun, a tower of metal.
Description of the environs of the ToG:
That does not match the trees nor the hills visible in your picture, bowlwoman. :p

Obviously the ToG is in one of the broken thickets. Can't you see the shadow of the tree to the right? Broken!

GonzoTheGreat
05-03-2010, 03:48 AM
Well, all right. Still leaves the hills, though.

bowlwoman
05-03-2010, 08:54 AM
The hills are alive with the sound of music. The 'Finn's hate music. See? It all works. :D

Davian93
05-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Don't you mean black people in horned armour? How about an extra character that got cut out 20 years ago? A giant floating zombie head?

(facepalm)

The floating head is supposed to represent Ishy watching from TAR...I think. Or the fact that its a trap.

The covers aren't meant to always be literal.

~likes Sweet's covers overall~

Tamyrlin
05-03-2010, 01:49 PM
I keep seeing notifications that the book cover without the black bar has been revealed...like the tweet that TOR.com just sent out referencing this blog:

http://aidanmoher.com/blog/2010/05/cover-art/cover-art-a-better-look-at-towers-of-midnight-by-robert-jordan-and-brandon-sanderson/

Is this the one bowlwoman did and everyone thinks it is legit?

Ieyasu
05-03-2010, 01:54 PM

I would say no... hers doesnt have the copper spear in mat's hands... that one does.

halo6819
05-03-2010, 03:12 PM
I keep seeing notifications that the book cover without the black bar has been revealed...like the tweet that TOR.com just sent out referencing this blog:

http://aidanmoher.com/blog/2010/05/cover-art/cover-art-a-better-look-at-towers-of-midnight-by-robert-jordan-and-brandon-sanderson/

the cover in the link is OBVIOUSLY shoped, and shopped in the same way as bowlwomans, sans hat, spear, hair, triangle.

Sei'taer
05-03-2010, 04:20 PM

Brave Sir Robin, Sir Robin! He Bravely ran away...

bowlwoman
05-03-2010, 06:35 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much how my original one looked. Unless someone else photoshopped it in almost exactly the same way (which is possible given how the two different covers fit together), it's probably the first one I did without flipping the triangle, recoloring the spear and hair, or adding Mat's hat.

bowlwoman
05-03-2010, 06:48 PM
BS tweeted that he's seen a cover a step past [the one posted on the blog]. I wonder if it's the updated one I did or if DKS has a new version...is it wrong that I find it kinda funny that photoshopped covers are being taken as the real thing?

Terez
05-03-2010, 08:23 PM
hehe, I find it rather hilarious as well. I made a comment on Brandon's post, and then I came here. Not surprised to see you guys noticed it already too.

Cor Shan
05-04-2010, 12:47 PM
BS tweeted that he's seen a cover a step past [the one posted on the blog]. I wonder if it's the updated one I did or if DKS has a new version...is it wrong that I find it kinda funny that photoshopped covers are being taken as the real thing?

I'm fairly certain that the WOT community could make "better" (read: more accurate) covers than Sweet.

One Armed Gimp
05-04-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm fairly certain that the WOT community could make "better" (read: more accurate) covers than Sweet.

Wat?

No way.

Davian93
05-04-2010, 05:01 PM
the cover in the link is OBVIOUSLY shoped, and shopped in the same way as bowlwomans, sans hat, spear, hair, triangle.

I agree...I can tell by the pixels.

Sei'taer
05-05-2010, 04:07 PM
I agree...I can tell by the pixels.

It's real. I can tell by the stupidity of the artwork. From the midget on tGS to the Ogier thingie on tGH, Sweet's artwork has sucked as far as I'm concerned.

Speaking of Ogier, I forget who all was there talking to Harriet, or if it was in one of the forums, but she pointed out this little tidbit that I didn't know. (http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4SUNA_enUS246US249&q=Ogier+St.+Charleston&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Ogier+St,+Charleston,+SC+29403&gl=us&ei=fd3hS-frFZXC8wTi2KiNAw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAcQ8gEwAA)

Just thought it was cool. I think she said it was a prominent family in Charleston.

Terez
05-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Yah, me and Marie saw that when we were there. There are also some other WoT-ish streets around their house, but the only one I remember is Logan.

GonzoTheGreat
05-06-2010, 03:47 AM
Logan Street is a one way road. Would that have any significance?

There's also an E Bay St, apparently. Perhaps that's how the *finns get their gadgets: they buy them on E-Bay.