PDA

View Full Version : Opening Ceremonies

Leanne
04-26-2010, 08:20 AM
I just wanted to say that Tam did an awesome job with opening cermonies. We had a lot of fun doing it and I heard nothing but good things from everyone watching as well. I do believe it will be posted to You Tube eventually, if it is not already, I haven't had a chance to look. I want to catch the beginning with Jason speaking since we were stuck out in the hallway trying really hard to be good.

Anyway, well done Tam!

JSUCamel
04-26-2010, 09:18 AM
I agree! It was a total blast and everyone loved it. Hell, the entire weekend was awesome! Best birthday weekend ever :)

Sei'taer
04-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah, it was a great! Brandon talked to me for a long time about both my questions, but wouldn't even give me a hint as to the answer to the first one (I even tried to bribe him earlier in the day during opening ceremonies). As for the second, he said with a little training, it might be possible.

When we went for the book signing, he signed my book "25 cents and a piece of candy is not enough."

He also said that he recognized a lot of our screen names from forays into the WoT boards. I thought that was pretty cool. I doubt he recognized mine since I rarely post on the theory boards, but maybe he has an undying interest in fart jokes and political threads?

Also, the craziest theory he had ever heard? Mat is Padan Fains brother. He and Harriet even wrote it in Ishara's book. I'll let her explain why he was writing theories in Isharas book since it was her foot in mouth disease that caused it.

Ishara
04-26-2010, 11:34 AM
ROFL

Foot in mouth disease is scarily accurate. Le sigh.

But yeah BABY. I am the proud owner of a bona fide crazy theory direct from the mouth of Brandon (not Brian) Sanderson.

Taer, what weer your questions to Brandon? All I can remember is that you wrapped the one in a quarter and some candy that you stole from Pops. :p

ShadowbaneX
04-26-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm going through my photos now. I don't have too many, but I'll post a couple that I have from behind the scenes as it were.

Muirenn
04-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Y'all did a great job with the opening ceremonies! Very funny!