PDA

View Full Version : Kick-ass.

Seeker
04-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Now, here's a movie you all need to see: Kick-ass. It's... well pretty damn kick-ass. For anyone who doesn't know, the movie is about an ordinary young man who puts on a costume and goes to fight crime... and gets his ass handed to him regularly. The movie pulls no punches; he doesn't develop any perfect moves, he often loses and by the end of the day he's covered in bruises. But the people love him because he represents something.

The movie is really about one person's struggle against apathy but there are some pretty kick-ass fight scenes an ex-SWAT Lieutenant decides he wants to put on a costume and fight crime as well. Good action, good comedy and it makes you think. So far, it's the best thing I've seen all year.

Sarevok
04-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Hmmm, I thought it would get a little annoying to see people get beat up all the time. But since you like it, maybe it is worth the money.
Any other opinions?

Matoyak
04-29-2010, 05:03 PM
I've heard that it is overall a great movie, but people seem split into two camps: The people who feel the movie loses steam in the third act (as it shifts into ANGSTDRAMA territory, apparently), and those who think the movie benefited from said shift.

I personally wouldn't know, haven't seen it. I really want to though.

(On another note, people should go see Losers. Pure action/comedy. It's a comic book movie that knows it is a comic book movie. Hilarious, with some pretty good art direction)

Ishara
04-29-2010, 07:25 PM
I heard that the kid is awesome a la Natalie Portman in The Professional.

We will definitely go see it, and soon!

Oatman
04-30-2010, 04:33 AM
The main thing I know about this movie is that the 19 year old actor is engaged to and has impregnated a 43 year old woman with 2 kids, one of whom is 13. That shit just aint cool.

Mort
04-30-2010, 05:19 AM
Loved it.

One of the best things is the mouth on that 13 year old girl. Damn, talks worse than a sailor with tourettes.

The fighting scenes differ a bit, sometimes they are normal fighting scenes but sometimes they start to defy gravity. Nothing wrong with it though. Probably just to show some are better fighters than others :) Guess who :D

Go and see it!

Nazbaque
04-30-2010, 05:44 AM
You're judging a book by its cover there, Oaty.

When you judge a film the only important thing about the actors is how they act.

But back to Kick-ass. I just saw this movie yesterday. Now how to give an opinion without spoiling it? Hmmmmm... well it's a *beeb*ing good movie is what it is. There is a lot of violence, but it's always the product of the scene instead of its cause. Half the time you want to laugh but don't know if you should. There isn't a single moment you don't enjoy. And I have not seen a movie with better music choices in a long time.

That's my two cents.

irerancincpkc
04-30-2010, 11:43 AM
The main thing I know about this movie is that the 19 year old actor is engaged to and has impregnated a 43 year old woman with 2 kids, one of whom is 13. That shit just aint cool.

Why? They're both over the legal age.

Kick Ass is awesome. All that needs to be said there... see it. :D

Ivhon
04-30-2010, 11:48 AM

CLIENTS!!!

Brita
04-30-2010, 12:03 PM

Wait a minute, wait a minute! Wait a goddam minute! He impregnated her when he was 6 years old?

(at least this was my first thought, then I figured out what you actually meant)

Ivhon
04-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Wait a minute, wait a minute! Wait a goddam minute! He impregnated her when he was 6 years old?

(at least this was my first thought, then I figured out what you actually meant)

nononononono. She is pregnant with a 13 year old.

LTR plz...

Brita
04-30-2010, 12:10 PM
nononononono. She is pregnant with a 13 year old.

LTR plz...

This is getting more f**ked up by the minute. I am totally not seeing this movie.

Jokeslayer
04-30-2010, 12:43 PM

This was my first reaction too.

This is getting more f**ked up by the minute. I am totally not seeing this movie.

I thought this was about something the actor did in real life?

Brita
04-30-2010, 01:19 PM
I thought this was about something the actor did in real life?

lol- I was going back to Oaty's response that all he knows about the movie is the tawdry details of one actor's personal life. Thus, I was judging the movie on the same basis.

You really are the Jokeslayer, aren't you? :p

Jokeslayer
04-30-2010, 02:34 PM
You really are the Jokeslayer, aren't you? :p

I've heard rumours to that effect, yes.

Oatman
04-30-2010, 10:05 PM
Eh, I wasn't judging the movie, just pointing out that that was all I had really heard about it. Doesn't mean I won't enjoy it.
I guess I could have expressed my point more articulately, but I'll blame being goofy on flu meds for the last weeks.

GonzoTheGreat
05-01-2010, 03:28 AM
I guess I could have expressed my point more articulately, but I'll blame being goofy on flu meds for the last weeks.Just say no to drugs. :p