PDA

View Full Version : Has your fandom ever gotten the better of you?

dominominic
04-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Today I was watching a football(soccer) match on the TV.

One of the players had a chance to put his buddy clear through on goal but went for a hopeless shot himself instead.

Which missed.

Rather than let off the usual torrent of swearing and abuse I instinctively shouted: "Ah, you bloody wool-headed sheepherder!"

Does this king of thing happen to anyone else? Does your fandom ever accidentally come out?

reTaardad
04-29-2010, 05:00 PM
I had a dream one night that I could Travel and when I woke up and realized it was a dream, I got depressed.

Other than that, I usually catch myself before the geek in me spills out. Except for the occasional, "Oh, bloody Light."

irerancincpkc
04-29-2010, 06:09 PM
I tend to use 'mother's milk in a cup' on occasion...

ShadowbaneX
04-29-2010, 07:21 PM
I use bloody alot although that might be British ancestry. It's really funny when Frenzy & DT get going at the WoT cursing though.

Firseal
04-29-2010, 10:50 PM
I once stayed up past 75-80 hours - I wasn't counting real well at the time - and was reading Lord of Chaos for whatever crazy reason I had at the time - I wasn't reasoning real well, either. About the part in the trunk with the beatings of Rand and such, I was, ah, crouching under the table in a dimmly lit dining room having claustraphobia attacks and curled into a ball.

Notably, I do not have claustraphobia.

Insomnia is fun!

So the answer to your question is no. My fandom has never gotten the better of me.

ShadowbaneX
04-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Your insomnia, on the other hand, has?

Firseal
04-30-2010, 02:14 AM
Your insomnia, on the other hand, has?

Oh gods yes.

Anytime it gets me over fifty hours awake, I start getting really interesting stories to tell people.

At least half of those stories have to be alibis.

Frenzy
04-30-2010, 02:35 AM
Didn't i start WoT swearing during the team trivia contest? i vaguely remember that. Hard to be sure, though, i was pretty hung over. Head-banging to the timer music didn't help much.

damn that was a fun weekend.

Gilshalos Sedai
04-30-2010, 07:09 AM
No, but I've been looking for socially acceptable places to shout, "Bloody Buttered Onions!"

Davian93
04-30-2010, 07:29 AM
No, but I've been looking for socially acceptable places to shout, "Bloody Buttered Onions!"

Outback Steakhouse?

Zanguini
04-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Fairy used to say "for the love of pete" I told her it made me jealous ... now she says "for the love of the light."

Hopper
04-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Didn't i start WoT swearing during the team trivia contest? i vaguely remember that. Hard to be sure, though, i was pretty hung over. Head-banging to the timer music didn't help much.

damn that was a fun weekend.

Yes you did.
Yes you were.
No it didn't.

Yes it was.

:D

Ishara
04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Hopper's got it covered. Really, you reminded me of Mat the morning after his drinking with Birgitte in Ebou Dar. Heh.

Hopper
04-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Hopper's got it covered. Really, you reminded me of Mat the morning after his drinking with Birgitte in Ebou Dar. Heh.

We didn't get Birgitte THAT drunk, did we? :D

Birgitte
04-30-2010, 12:10 PM
We didn't get Birgitte THAT drunk, did we? :D

Nope. Birgitte kept the scotch to a minimum. lol... I've been hungover exactly once and it was a Sunday morning that I had to work... Good times... NOT.

I'm working pretty hard to keep it that way.

Gilshalos Sedai
04-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Don't worry, the next hurricane and she'll be 3 sheets to the wind again.

Zanguini
04-30-2010, 01:20 PM
3 sheets to the wind during a hurricane... funny funny

Mort
04-30-2010, 07:26 PM
I have never used sayings in WoT IRL. Can't think of any thing that else that I might have done that would show my fandom. I keep WoT pretty much separated from daily life I guess. Except these daily ventures into TL of course :)

heridfel
05-01-2010, 11:11 AM
I tried to use the "oneness" while playing a sport once... It didn't work, and prompted someone to ask why I was making odd faces :D