PDA

View Full Version : GW 2

Hopper
04-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Is anyone else looking forward to Guild Wars 2 (http://www.guildwars2.com/en/)

This looks interesting.

Sarevok
04-30-2010, 12:32 PM
*points at the thread on the GW forum* ;)

Gilshalos Sedai
04-30-2010, 12:56 PM
I see the Elementalists are still scantily clad. But yes, there's a whole board for the Guild Wars Geeks, Hopper.

Ivhon
04-30-2010, 01:07 PM
I see the Elementalists are still scantily clad. But yes, there's a whole board for the Guild Wars Geeks, Hopper.

Precisely why my first GW2 character will be another ele. Even though my current ele is pretty modestly attired.

ShadowbaneX
04-30-2010, 01:13 PM
I'll likely be recreating my assassin, my monk, & my mesmer as those are probably my 3 favourite classes, that is assuming the monk and the assassin still exist. I've got a bit of a feeling that the assassin, the dervish and the paragon might all disappear and just become some form of warrior.

I also have this feeling, with all classes carrying a heal skill slot and that the game seems a bit more focused on single people wandering around, that the monk might disappear as well.

And, yeah, perhaps this thread should be moved to the GW board.

Sarevok
04-30-2010, 01:21 PM
I also have this feeling, with all classes carrying a heal skill slot and that the game seems a bit more focused on single people wandering around, that the monk might disappear as well.
NOOOOOooooooooooooooooo :eek:

I would be really upset if that happened! :mad:

ShadowbaneX
04-30-2010, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't be very happy either, I really, really, (really!) like my monk too, but if you can go through the game by yourself and everyone has their own healing skill (and can have their own party healing skill if you read the elementalist page) then I don't really see there being a need for the monk class any more.

Sarevok
04-30-2010, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't be very happy either, I really, really, (really!) like my monk too, but if you can go through the game by yourself and everyone has their own healing skill (and can have their own party healing skill if you read the elementalist page) then I don't really see there being a need for the monk class any more.

On the other hand, they might merge monks and necros so they become like, a holy/unholy class, depending on your setup.

Sodas
04-30-2010, 01:42 PM
IDK if monk will ever disappear. But the having played a monk as well, I felt that the choices of what they could do was very limited. It was either healer bot or 55.

Like I said back on the GW forum, I'd hope Anet takes a clue from Sword of the New World, and makes the monk more diverse. Perhaps needing only one or two dedicated heal skills to do it's job effectively, and still be part of the combat.

Ivhon
04-30-2010, 01:52 PM
IDK if monk will ever disappear. But the having played a monk as well, I felt that the choices of what they could do was very limited. It was either healer bot or 55.

Like I said back on the GW forum, I'd hope Anet takes a clue from Sword of the New World, and makes the monk more diverse. Perhaps needing only one or two dedicated heal skills to do it's job effectively, and still be part of the combat.

Vanguard made a valiant attempt to make healer classes have something other to do than healbot. Two of those classes heal by doing damage (the other two have gradually lapsed into traditional healbot roles), which I think is an awesome mechanic.

GonzoTheGreat
04-30-2010, 02:57 PM
I see the Elementalists are still scantily clad.If they wear too much clothing, then they can't properly feel the elements, now can they?

Zaela Sedai
04-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Stupid doggy!

LOL, agreed Gil. I def think there will still be use for a monk especially in team play.

I can't wait for the guild to really get back together like when GW came out. Always full guild partys etc, etc WOOHOO!

ShadowbaneX
04-30-2010, 10:21 PM
that sounds...like a horrible idea.

Matoyak
05-01-2010, 03:55 AM
Steam having a 50% off deal for GW Trilogy combined with Tru's nagging eventually got me to get the game. Enjoying it, but will only be playing when I can party with friends of my own level. Only thing that makes it real fun.

Probably will get GW2.

Don't know enough yet to be able to comment on this monk/healer/debuff class debate thingy. Though I will say that I do like the idea of having a holy-healer/unholy-necro simply depend on your skillset. ~shrug~ but I know nothing, so meh.

Firseal
05-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Have no plans to get GW2. Several of the mechanic changes mentioned means that my interest is more or less nullified, and has been since they were discussed early in the development process.