PDA

View Full Version : Well Hello!

Rhea Rhea
05-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Hey everyone! I met some of you down at JordanCon and had so much fun...well until Sunday morning's hangover came in the picture that is! Dang moonshine ;)

I look forward to getting to know you all much better!!

Belazamon
05-02-2010, 09:06 PM
Howdy!

ShadowbaneX
05-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Hello Rhea.

I was also at the Con and I too look forward to getting to know you. I also admire your bravery (insanity?) at accepting Pops' 'Shine. I, myself, was fine with sample some of Eclipse's Chivas. =D

Rhea Rhea
05-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Hello Rhea.

I also admire your bravery (insanity?) at accepting Pops' 'Shine.

LOL What you will read next is what most heard me unfortunately say numerous times Saturday night "I grew up on this stuff". Although this is true I did not in my youth drink quite so much at one time. LESSON LEARNED!:D

JSUCamel
05-02-2010, 10:16 PM
LOL What you will read next is what most heard me unfortunately say numerous times Saturday night "I grew up on this stuff". Although this is true I did not in my youth drink quite so much at one time. LESSON LEARNED!:D

Well, you're not supposed to drink a whole cup like a shot. lol

Welcome to Theoryland. Next year, you get a t-shirt ;)

ShadowbaneX
05-02-2010, 10:32 PM
indeed, lesson learned, although, as I said, your bravery is impressive. Then again, I've grown up with -30 degree winters and been buried under tons of snow and yet I cannot for the life of me convince anyone to have a Theoryland North get together up here in January, so perhaps where we are raised has something to do with perceived heroic behaviour. ;)

Birgitte
05-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Welcome to the Insanity! Well... more insanity. Obviously, if you were hangin' with us, you've already had a taste of the insanity. :)

Sarevok
05-03-2010, 05:21 AM
Welcome to TL, Rhea! :D

DahLliA
05-03-2010, 05:53 AM
welcome, welcome :D

yks 6nnetu hing
05-03-2010, 06:43 AM
Welcome to TL!

*grumble* you know, one of these years, I'm gonna make it to one of these 'cons too.

Rhea Rhea
05-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Well, you're not supposed to drink a whole cup like a shot. lol

Welcome to Theoryland. Next year, you get a t-shirt ;)
This is so very true!:D

indeed, lesson learned, although, as I said, your bravery is impressive. Then again, I've grown up with -30 degree winters and been buried under tons of snow and yet I cannot for the life of me convince anyone to have a Theoryland North get together up here in January, so perhaps where we are raised has something to do with perceived heroic behaviour. ;)

I'd come but I love the snow and cold!

Ishara
05-03-2010, 07:22 AM
So happy you made it Rhea!

I will say, the hangover may have sucked, but the street cred you gained by just downing the shot? EPIC. Just so you know. ;)

Jokeslayer
05-03-2010, 07:24 AM
Welcome to TL!

Anaiya Sedai
05-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Welcome to TL!

And yes, one day I must make it to one of those cons, too..
(I want a t-shirt :( )

DahLliA
05-03-2010, 12:13 PM
Welcome to TL!

And yes, one day I must make it to one of those cons, too..
(I want a t-shirt :( )

wanna go too. more interested in the famous 'shine than a t-shirt though :p

Ishara
05-03-2010, 12:21 PM
No buddy. That stuff burned my nose hair!

Zanguini
05-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Welcome to Theoryland as your Crown Prince of Younglings i encourage you to join us on the non-WoT board we know you have the guts.

Nazbaque
05-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Welcome Rhea!!

You may call me Naz!

The marshmallows start roasting as soon as we get the fire going. Now who wants the job?

*Holds up the Torch*

JSUCamel
05-03-2010, 01:37 PM
No buddy. That stuff burned my nose hair!

I think every single person that came near it described the smell as "paint thinner".

DahLliA
05-03-2010, 02:19 PM
I think every single person that came near it described the smell as "paint thinner".

well. that's the first sign of good booze isn't it :p

JSUCamel
05-03-2010, 03:01 PM

I wouldn't know :p

Birgitte
05-03-2010, 04:02 PM

No. No it isn't.

~wanders away shaking her head~
Sometimes... I worry about that kid.

Zanguini
05-03-2010, 04:12 PM
good booze comes with a barely detectable scent like very good vodka

Jokeslayer
05-03-2010, 04:36 PM
No. No it isn't.

~wanders away shaking her head~
Sometimes... I worry about that kid.

He's scandinavian. I think they're all like that.

DahLliA
05-03-2010, 05:27 PM
He's scandinavian. I think they're all like that.

only the cool ones

tworiverswoman
05-03-2010, 05:28 PM
Welcome to TL, Rhea ... Rhea? Do you mind if we drop the echo? :)

I've been hearing and reading about the 'con so much I'm quite jealous of everyone who went. It's my own fault. I had the chance and ... ~heaves deep sigh.~ Maybe next time.

In any case, you've met the crowd and STILL showed up on the forum, so once can assume you'll stick around for the nitty-gritty posting here and there. I look forward to it. :D

Matoyak
05-03-2010, 05:33 PM
*grumble* you know, one of these years, I'm gonna make it to one of these 'cons too.This.

Welcome to TL, Rhea. Like the name.

Insanity wards down the hall to yer right, yadda yadda.
And now for the obligatory questions:
Favorite character? Book? (both in the series and out) Favorite scene of the series? Favorite color? Quest = what? Capital of Assyria? Air spee- ok, ok, I'll quit.

Favorite bubblegum flavor?

Anyways, welcome. I would ask you to join us crazies in the chatroom, but I'm not certain if it exists in any worthwhile capacity anymore. Sad day.

Jokeslayer
05-03-2010, 05:49 PM
only the cool ones

It's hard to imagine you being hot at those low temperatures.

DahLliA
05-03-2010, 07:13 PM

that's why we drink so much to keep warm

Birgitte
05-03-2010, 10:22 PM

I dunno... I've seen some pretty hot Scandinavians. :cool:

Muerandah d'Acre
05-03-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm new here also, but was also at JordanCon. Perhaps we met? I was not in costume, but for the most part I was the lady wearing Bama stuff (plus I hung out on the smoking area alot)

But welcome

Sarevok
05-04-2010, 06:17 AM
Anyways, welcome. I would ask you to join us crazies in the chatroom, but I'm not certain if it exists in any worthwhile capacity anymore. Sad day.

Nope, it's been broken for months now... I've been posting in the relevant forum asking Camel to fix it, but to no avail. :(

JSUCamel
05-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Nope, it's been broken for months now... I've been posting in the relevant forum asking Camel to fix it, but to no avail. :(

Oh. Right. Uh, I'll work on it this week or next.

GonzoTheGreat
05-04-2010, 06:50 AM
See, Sare? You just used the wrong relevant forum.

Rhea Rhea
05-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Welcome to TL, Rhea ... Rhea? Do you mind if we drop the echo? :)

I've been hearing and reading about the 'con so much I'm quite jealous of everyone who went. It's my own fault. I had the chance and ... ~heaves deep sigh.~ Maybe next time.

In any case, you've met the crowd and STILL showed up on the forum, so once can assume you'll stick around for the nitty-gritty posting here and there. I look forward to it. :D

Sure you can drop it if you want.

I had a blast with everyone so I had to come and get more...I am glutton for punishment. LOL

This.

Welcome to TL, Rhea. Like the name.

Insanity wards down the hall to yer right, yadda yadda.
And now for the obligatory questions:
Favorite character? Book? (both in the series and out) Favorite scene of the series? Favorite color? Quest = what? Capital of Assyria? Air spee- ok, ok, I'll quit.

Favorite bubblegum flavor?

Favorite character? (In series)- Mat (Lan is close behind)
Book? (In series)- TFoH
Favorite character? (Out of series)- Arthur Dent
Book? (Out of series)- HHGTTG
Favorite scene of the series? - Hands down has to be when Mat is on the roof in Tear.
Favorite color? - Blue
Favorite bubblegum flavor? - Bubble Yum Watermelon

JSUCamel
05-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Favorite bubblegum flavor? - Bubble Yum Watermelon

I thought for sure that Rhea Rhea would go with Doublemint...

Ishara
05-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I thought for sure that Rhea Rhea would go with Doublemint...

Ha. You're just hoping for a twin. :p

JSUCamel
05-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Ha. You're just hoping for a twin. :p

This is why I never made it into the CIA. Even a Canadian can uncover my (not-so-)devious plans!

Rhea Rhea
05-04-2010, 12:16 PM
LOL I have an older and younger sister but no twin. So sorry!

JSUCamel
05-04-2010, 12:28 PM
LOL I have an older and younger sister but no twin. So sorry!

http://www.freewebs.com/supercheez/o%20rly.jpg

irerancincpkc
05-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Welcome to TL Rhea! :D

(Quietly joins the will make it to one of these cons eventually club)

Rhea Rhea
05-04-2010, 09:27 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/supercheez/o%20rly.jpg

Yup! ;)

Matoyak
05-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Yup! ;)Incorrect answer is incorrect. :(

WinespringBrother
05-05-2010, 11:17 AM
welcome to TL!

Firseal
05-06-2010, 02:05 AM
Hello Rhea. I am Firseal. You didn't meet me at JordanCon because I probably don't exist. Or I am two steps from paranoid sociopathy, and am ghastly afraid of meeting more people whose existances I have to disprove. Or else I am just garden variety misanthropic / introverted, and would avoid any large massing of people like the plague.

But the smart money is on not existing. People have been calling me a soulless machine intelligence for years, and it hardly would be nice to disprove them would it?

Anyhow. Welcome to Theoryland. Have fun. Avoid the self-immolating loons. Don't eat anything from the pantry - most of it is poisoned, booby trapped, counter-booby-trapped, claimed already, or being watched by a starving, possibly insane RS with a sharpened spoon.

Seriously, guys, can we get the spoon away from him? He is really disturbing me.

Anyhow, you are here to have fun. Enjoy yourself. Occasionally throw rotten fruit at your foes. You know, relax and discuss both the books of Jordan and everything else with likeminded (i.e. teetering on the precipice of madness) individuals. The goal is to be less stressed, more cheerful when you are here. Here of course being a mental state, since you obviously aren't here since Theoryland as a location doesn't exist (well... we could try to find the physical servers...) but you know what I mean.

Nice to have you aboard.

GonzoTheGreat
05-06-2010, 02:59 AM
But the smart money is on not existing. People have been calling me a soulless machine intelligence for years, and it hardly would be nice to disprove them would it?Rhea, do not believe him. He fabricated the claim that anyone ever accused him of intelligence out of whole cloth. The rest is fairly accurate, though.

Zaela Sedai
05-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Consider yourself officially welcomed to Theoryland Rhea!! (you drank with us the first time you met us...mwhahahahahaa)As I'm sure you've noticed, we have a pretty decent community of WoT fanatics over here. One of the ways that we keep it all friendly is a short list of courtesies we ask people to follow and, once in a while, actually do get followed. Imagine that! Insane people following some sort of order!

1) Don't flood the board with multiple THREADS all at once.
Allow us the time to absorb, evaluate, and discuss, OR LAUGH at one or two ideas, OR JOKES at a time. Some of us like to do a little research before responding and that can take a little time. Of course, we also have those others who are just a bit slow. Read that as "just can't handle more than one thought in their heads at once" or "dial-up modem". Your choice. I'd suggest "have a real life", but not likely. Does anyone still have dial up? Wow...it's getting hard to give the slow people an excuse

Addendum to 1) Try to stay on topic.
Going off on tangents can be super fun and is something we are all guilty of your's truly included but try and keep threads on topic unless, 1) the thread is dead or 2) the thread naturally moves over to another topic. This rule is much more lax for joke threads, pop culture threads...etc.

2) Try to back up your opinions & theories.
You'll get a lot more respect if you can. Quotes from the books (of which you CANNOT read too much) are your best weapon. Quotes from interviews are semi-acceptable. Gut feelings are pseudo-acceptable. Whitecloak blind-faith is best submitted while wearing asbestos panties.

3) Feel free to get as emotionally involved as you'd like.
Discussions can get very heated. But try not to take things personally. Remember: we only insult the ones we love. Or the ones we eventually hand over to the Trollocs.

4) Be respectful.
A lot of people have been around Theoryland for a long time. Being a Youngling means you're new around here. We do understand that you may have been reading WoT forever, but if you're gonna pick a fight regarding a WoT theory with someone who's an Elder, Ancient or Hero, understand that they've been around for a while now, and probably have posting friends. And Tamyrlin is Lord of the Board for a reason: this whole place is his brainchild. Keep that in mind. They also have posting enemies.... a good little bit of information to tuck away.

Addendum to 4: This is an international community.
In regards to the Non-WoT discussion groups, please respect the opinions of people from nations and cultures other than your own, even if you disagree with them or the policies of their leaders and politicians. Try to remember that not everyone here has the same outlook or life experience that you might. If you want to send a letter or e-mail to anyone in particular to indicate any specific moral, educational, intellectual, or genetic deficiencies they may have, feel free. Just please don't do it here.

Addendum 1 to Addendum 4: We don't all agree about the issues regarding the military action in Iraq. Post about this issue at your own risk. Things seem to be under control now. Though, there have been some flare-ups….be careful. We have had our own TLers over there, back home safe and sound, hope it stays that way. (I can't wait to be able to delete this Addendum.)

Addendum 2 to Addendum 4: Please no angry profanity.
If you really need to tell someone off, be creative. And replacing characters with @$$ does NOT constitute creativity. I like tend to like the Shakespearean approach myself. The smarter and more subtle you are with it, just makes the person look that much more an idiot.

Addendum 3 to Addendum 4: Please be nice to Newbies.
We were all new at one time you are one right now and there is no need to come down on anyone for asking questions that to the elder community may be basic knowledge. This is for you to remember after you've been here awhile.

Addendum 4 to Addendum 4: Please TRY not to feed the Trolls.
Trust me, it ain't easy at times, but ignore the obvious instigators. Just sit yourself down between the Heroes and Ancients sharpening the WTF Couch sticks. There are many on the board who know how to deal with this breed, leave them to it. It can be quite entertaining. If things get too offensive to the population in general, Mods will intervene. Feel free, however, to respond to Gonzo, our Resident Troll, we love him like a red-headed step child.

5) Please don't use the New Users Forum to recruit.
We have plenty of room in the other forums for begging for support for factions, theories, and the TCA. Please let the newbies look around for a while before taking sides in any pseudo-battles. ~looks around~ our biggest offender has not been around for a while ~sniff~

6) Most important: Have Fun!
We do this because we love it and like to think that we are, at least, reasonably intelligent. Hell, some of us have deluded ourselves into believing that we've evolved into supremely intelligent beings! Half the posters here believe that divine supremacy has already come to them! My vote is for Frenzy, and myself, of course. You know the Truth when you see it. Don't let T and her massive bag o' quotes fool you. We will assume some intelligence on your part. You found us, didn't you? Until you prove otherwise…and there are many who have, you'll be safe. If you get hurt if you do prove otherwise, I will offer my one free Healing…but just that once. After that you get to meet a special pair of chains, Mwahahahaa

Remember, you EARN your respect here, it's not given out freely and some may never know the pleasure.

Welcome to our little rounded corner! It’s a great time!

Enjoy!

Zaela Sedai, Official Theoryland Greeter, Mistress of Novices

Rhea Rhea
05-06-2010, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome Zaela and I will try and follow the list of courtesies as best I can!:D

Zaela Sedai
05-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Lol i like these new people, they actually read the greet.

DahLliA
05-07-2010, 02:57 PM

don't we all? :p

Zaela Sedai
05-07-2010, 03:34 PM
don't we all? :p

HA!

Birgitte
05-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Seriously, guys, can we get the spoon away from him? He is really disturbing me.

After I the trouble I went to sharpening it and sneaking it in while he was sleeping? I hardly think so.

Nazbaque
05-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Just ignore them, RS. Here, have some yogurt. And don't worry if your spoon turns red, it's just the strawberries.

Leanne
05-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Welcome Rhea! I am glad you came to join us, despite meeting at Jordancon. I was the one trying to lure people to play "Are you a darkfriend?". Then I got caught up luring Wilson to stay and chat with beer, then I found the dance floor and continued to lure people to dance. :D I had a busy night Saturday!

Nazbaque
05-10-2010, 10:33 PM
You know Leanne, I'm amazed you haven't lured someone to be your Warder yet.

Ishara
05-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Ha ha! Wilson didn't seem like he needed to be lured much into drinking. He was looking very relaxed on Saturday night!

irerancincpkc
05-11-2010, 08:27 AM

The purple and green throw me off, my eyes don't want to follow it, for some reason... :)

Leanne
05-11-2010, 09:20 AM
You know Leanne, I'm amazed you haven't lured someone to be your Warder yet.

I like to take things slowly. :cool: Or...maybe I would choose the Red...hmmmmm

yks 6nnetu hing
05-11-2010, 09:24 AM
I like to take things slowly. :cool: Or...maybe I would choose the Red...hmmmmm

how cool is that? it's been ages (or so it feels, anyway) since we've had us a nice warder-chase. Especially one where we have Elders/Younglings involved....

wheeeeeee!

Leanne
05-11-2010, 03:31 PM
how cool is that? it's been ages (or so it feels, anyway) since we've had us a nice warder-chase. Especially one where we have Elders/Younglings involved....

wheeeeeee!

I am not sure what you read into my response but I have no intention of initiating any kind of warder chase! Don't get your hopes up!!! Sorry. :p

yks 6nnetu hing
05-12-2010, 01:39 AM
oh... my bad

*puts banners and posters and streamers and glitter away*

Leanne
05-12-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm sorry! If anything changes, you will be the first to know.

pops taer
06-11-2010, 01:11 PM
All both two or three of you yuenglings...Oh that's beer isn't it. Hmmmm...

Seriously but not tooooo...welcome Rhea and Mur..(dang my one track mind jumped track and I can't remember the rest) And I'm too lazy to go back and get it. Anyhow, next April the booze will flow freely if I have my way in a special Tl'er room.