PDA

View Full Version : My face hurts

bowlwoman
05-04-2010, 10:02 PM
So, I had surgery today on my face. I had a mole removed in 2003 that had spread as a result of a jalapeno burn (yes, a jalapeno burn). A chunk of jalapeno landed on my face, the corner catching a mole beside my eye. The mole spread over the burn mark, and in 2003 the mole was benign. It started growing a few months ago, and this time it was melanoma. I got a nickel-sized chunk cut out of my face today, and man, does it hurt.

If anyone want to see, I have some awesome Frankenstein pics.

JSUCamel
05-04-2010, 10:09 PM
I got a nickel-sized chunk cut out of my face today, and man, does it hurt.

Ow ow ow ow. Feel better soon!

Ishara
05-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Yowza! Hope it heals up quickly!

DahLliA
05-05-2010, 09:27 AM
ouch. hope it gets better fast:)

tworiverswoman
05-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Owie! Don't you just love freak accidents? I have to admit I'm not really clear on the details of yours, but it's a great intro. :p

My husband needed to have a pea-sized chunk of flesh removed from the end of his nose a couple of years ago due to sun-induced skin cancer. What's really interesting about that is that the only sun he ever sees is the one that hits us in the face driving to and from work, through the windshield.

FYI, it healed invisibly. If you KNOW it's there, you can find the scar. Otherwise, no. So keep the frankenstein photos to show off with down the road. ;)