PDA

View Full Version : Release date

Terez
05-05-2010, 11:20 PM
October 26. Peter said so.

Or, he said it's in the TOR catalogs, and that Brandon thinks he can do it.

Davian93
05-06-2010, 12:10 AM
October 26. Peter said so.

Or, he said it's in the TOR catalogs, and that Brandon thinks he can do it.

85% done as of May 5th? Yeah, its probably possible. Though, it will be without a full 6 month edit/production turnaround. We're at 5 months, 3 weeks out right now.

Works for me if it happens. If not, I have plenty of other things to read so its cool.

Ishara
05-06-2010, 07:55 AM
He said a couple of times at the Con that if he can get it done by August than it's doable. I suspect that the editing is currently being done in batches right now as it is. Really, it's the time spent in revisions/ copy-editing/ layout/ design that take sup the most time in post-writing production. If BS is less than concerned with those things - partly because he would very little control over pre-established things like font and chapter layouts, with the exception, maybe, of the title pics - then it can be done very quickly by an invested publisher, which TOR is.

JSUCamel
05-06-2010, 08:15 AM
He said a couple of times at the Con that if he can get it done by August than it's doable. I suspect that the editing is currently being done in batches right now as it is. Really, it's the time spent in revisions/ copy-editing/ layout/ design that take sup the most time in post-writing production. If BS is less than concerned with those things - partly because he would very little control over pre-established things like font and chapter layouts, with the exception, maybe, of the title pics - then it can be done very quickly by an invested publisher, which TOR is.

He said last night that he shipped out 400 pages to Team Jordan for revisions, so I would hazard that you're correct -- he's sending the work in batches.

lurk
05-07-2010, 12:57 PM
to quote Perrin,

I do hope he does not work in haste, haste ruins the piece

:)

Kurtz
05-07-2010, 04:25 PM
That would be amazing. I was pretty much resigned to it being pushed back at least 6 months. I usually need a year preparation though at the same time, so they're rushing me a bit.