some facts about the neverending war between dogs and cats

http://www.onlineschools.org/blog/cats-vs-dogs/

I like how huge the cost-difference between indoor- and outdoor-cats are

JSUCamel
05-15-2010, 02:08 PM
some facts about the neverending war between dogs and cats

http://www.onlineschools.org/blog/cats-vs-dogs/

I like how huge the cost-difference between indoor- and outdoor-cats are

I read that earlier. It doesn't say that cats make you smart and dogs make you healthy, it says that cat owners are, on average, more intelligent, and dog owners are, on average, less stressed (and thus healthier). There's no cause and effect chain here.

But yeah, cool thing.

DahLliA
05-15-2010, 02:28 PM
I read that earlier. It doesn't say that cats make you smart and dogs make you healthy, it says that cat owners are, on average, more intelligent, and dog owners are, on average, less stressed (and thus healthier). There's no cause and effect chain here.

my way sounds much more fun though ;)

Zaela Sedai
05-15-2010, 06:17 PM
I dont understand the indoor/outdoor thing. To me indoor cats cost less cause you dont reall HAVE to keep them update on shots and such. Nor are they as prone to accidents. Unless them mean total outdoor which means not much food or litter is neeeded.

Love how large dogs are cheaper... Part of me thinks they weren't bred as far down as the small dogs and therefore have less congenital defects....and well they have a shorter shelflife too

DahLliA
05-15-2010, 08:29 PM
I dont understand the indoor/outdoor thing. To me indoor cats cost less cause you dont reall HAVE to keep them update on shots and such. Nor are they as prone to accidents. Unless them mean total outdoor which means not much food or litter is neeeded.

way I saw it is that outdoor cats just need some food while indoor cats need litter, more food, cat toys, etc. and seems to me like people with indoor cats tend to spend a lot of money on "fancy" stuff for their cats while people with outdoor cats just let them do whatever they want.

and what kind of shots are you talking about? only thing we've ever given our cats is contraception after getting a few too many kittens :p

Zaela Sedai
05-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Rabies, distemper, feline leukemia (more like feline AIDS not like cancer)

Those are the 3 bad diseases cats can be vaccinated for. And yes, of course a spay lol

Uno
05-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Rabies, distemper, feline leukemia (more like feline AIDS not like cancer)

Those are the 3 bad diseases cats can be vaccinated for. And yes, of course a spay lol

Well, rabies is not an issue in Norway, o'course, the country having been free of that disease for more than 200 years, but, Dahl, it's recommended to have Norwegian cats vaccinated against kattepest (Feline Panleukopenia) and katteinfluensa, which is really a kind of herpes infection, from what I understand. Beyond that, I don't know that outdoor cats are much more expensive as far as visits to the vet are concerned, although they may get injured in fights and such, but that's part of what makes life worth living for your basic cat, I'd say.

Frenzy
05-16-2010, 03:48 AM
Do the studies say that people with allergies who have dogs are insane?

like i needed additional proof....

i hate this time of year..........

Ozymandias
05-17-2010, 01:58 AM
Love how large dogs are cheaper... Part of me thinks they weren't bred as far down as the small dogs and therefore have less congenital defects....and well they have a shorter shelflife too

That actually makes a great deal of sense. Though I have two pugs, one of which is 11 pounds overweight (he weighs 30 pounds lol) and one who is just fat, but they are both defying the odds. Mainly because they rarely move! But the reasoning makes a lot of sense.

PS - Thanks to all of you for forgetting my birthday. It made me feel special!

yks 6nnetu hing
05-17-2010, 03:46 AM
PS - Thanks to all of you for forgetting my birthday. It made me feel special!

1st - happy birthday. Too late, of course, but it happens...

2nd - do you have your TL settings set to "show my birthday"? if so, a little birthday cake will appear at the bottom of the forums main page and usually someone will notice it and say something. Or if you're friended with lots of TL'ers on MyFace... Although, on the weekends the traffic here does tend to be less frequent (I haven't opened my computer at all in the past 2 days...) so it's possible that the most prolific birthday-posters just weren't online.

and finally: awesome infograph :) I especially liked the part with smartest dog breeds and how they were all medium or big-sized dogs. the poodle was a bit of a surprise :p But yeah, I'm always amazed at the small dogs who think they're mammoth crocodiles.

GonzoTheGreat
05-17-2010, 05:05 AM
1st - happy birthday. Too late, of course, but it happens...Like, you know, every year, to Ozy? :p

yks 6nnetu hing
05-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Like, you know, every year, to Ozy? :p

:p you know, my family is lucky if I remember in the same week the birthdays. Not to even mention sending a card :o

Zaela Sedai
05-17-2010, 09:36 PM
You're birthday present was having me say something that made sense!

GonzoTheGreat
05-18-2010, 03:41 AM
You're birthday present was having me say something that made sense!Is "You are birthday present was having me say something that made sense!" really supposed to be all that sensible? :confused:

Neilbert
05-18-2010, 10:00 AM
way I saw it is that outdoor cats just need some food while indoor cats need litter, more food, cat toys, etc.

I stopped feeding my outdoor cat when I realized he had stopped eating the food I put out for him.

Zaela Sedai
05-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Is "You are birthday present was having me say something that made sense!" really supposed to be all that sensible? :confused:

haha whoops! can't expect to have two things that make sense in the same day :p