PDA

View Full Version : funny spam

yks 6nnetu hing
05-18-2010, 10:27 AM
I just got the following email (all names and brand names changed...) look for the bolded part:
Dear yks 6nnetu hing,

Hereby I would like to invite you as SAN Member to start adding your *Service* related products to the *Service* *New Product Name*.

The *New Product Name* was announced in the *Service* Roadmap webinar for SAN Members held May 11th. For eveyone who missed the "*Service* Roadmap" webinar for SAN Members: the webinar was recorded and will be available online in a couple of days.
For SAN members with an active subscription it will be free to publish products directly in the *Service* *New Product Name*. If your subscription is not active or up to date at the moment please contact your account manager to bring it up to date.
The *New Product Name* will be the central place for (potential) *Service* customers to find Products created with or for *Service*, like:
• *Service* Applications
• Example solutions
• Demos
• Beans
• Plugins
• Tutorials
• etc.
Attached is the documentation for both the *New Product Name* itself as well as the *New Product Name* Product Management portal.
We hope to see your entries appearing shorty! We plan to publicly launch the M*New Product Name* mid June. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Regards,

Spam Sender
Product Marketing Manager
*Service*

it's the hardest I've laughed in a week!

also, I've been collecting the names assigned to various UPS and DHL virus emails - I might have mentioned those here a while ago. basically you get an email from UPS, DHL, FedEx, TNT etc. saying that your package was not delivered because of an address error, please see attached documentation. Attached documentation is of course a nasty concoction of trojans and malware. But, anyways, I've now started colelcting the names of the "people" sending me this stuff. so far I've got:

UPS Support Lonnie Latham
UPS Manager Eloy Shaffer
UPS Postal Manager Evangelina Duarte
UPS Manager Maria Ragland
DHL Manager Ernestine Pagan and
DHL Director Marciela Beal

I think Ernestine Pagan is the funniest, although Eloy Shaffer is a close second :D

GonzoTheGreat
05-18-2010, 11:00 AM
You got mail from an actual DHL director? You go, girl!

Sarevok
05-18-2010, 01:12 PM
it's the hardest I've laughed in a week!

I didn't... I don't get the joke... :(

Zaela Sedai
05-18-2010, 03:39 PM
It said shorty instead of shortly...yks is a shorty, its funny

GonzoTheGreat
05-18-2010, 03:52 PM
yks is short? I must've overlooked that. Zae, is your sarcasm indicator really needed?

yks 6nnetu hing
05-20-2010, 11:03 AM
just had another... incident. I do most of my work online, generally via email but I also have lots of Skype business contacts. So, one of them, a relatively new one, opens the conversation with me:

he: Hello my dear
he: can you talk?
me (thinking wtf?!??): sure you're not mixing me up with someone?
me (cause if he did mean to talk to me I know what he wants to talk about. It is somewhat urgent): sure I have a moment
he: nope
he: my wife only speaks portuguese
he: anyway
he: do you have that summary of issues yet?

discussion about pretty much exactly what I thought follows. guy hadn't read his email.

Isabel
05-20-2010, 03:06 PM
LOL :)

Anaiya Sedai
05-20-2010, 03:16 PM
I must be having a bad day or something, because I don't understand any of what you guys are talking about or finding funny. (ok, I know I'm having one, or five, but I still don't get it)...

Zaela Sedai
05-20-2010, 04:23 PM
poor Ana... poor Butters...

tworiverswoman
05-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Ana, I'm with you. I did get the "shorty" one, after it was pointed out. But I don't understand why the last one was funny. Was he hitting on you?

yks 6nnetu hing
05-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Ana, I'm with you. I did get the "shorty" one, after it was pointed out. But I don't understand why the last one was funny. Was he hitting on you?

that's exactly it.

I work in a quite informal environment and while it's normal to start emails sometimes with Dear such-and-such - even though to me that is a bit old-fashioned -, omit surnames and treat everyone with polite friendliness, it is (IMO, at least) a big no-no to call someone you work with/for "dear".

also, the shorty funny came at the end of a VERY hard day. You know, when your brain is so fried that even typing hurts. That might be why I found it so hysterically funny. Hysterical perhaps being the operative word in this case.