PDA

View Full Version : It's hot

Zaela Sedai
05-26-2010, 02:48 PM
98 degrees ... theres a breeze that is equivelant to opening your oven door to check on the food...

That is all...

Davian93
05-26-2010, 02:50 PM
98 degrees ... theres a breeze that is equivelant to opening your oven door to check on the food...

That is all...

I dont mind heat but its still wicked hot right now. Low-to-mid 90s outside (92 officially at our airport).

I was gonna do some yardwork today but I'm debating it right now.

Basel Gill
05-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm surprised it's that hot up there already. Does it get crazy humid too like down here?

Brita
05-26-2010, 02:58 PM

That is all...

Sounds like a day for the beach!

Davian93
05-26-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm surprised it's that hot up there already. Does it get crazy humid too like down here?

Yes.

Oftentimes, the NE will get just as hot or hotter than Atlanta in the summer with the same damn humidity. The difference is that we're not equipped to deal with it.

For example, we have one portable AC in my house and we use it in our master bedroom. Otherwise, its downright balmy. It was 82 degrees in my kitchen last night before I started to cook dinner. The stove heated it up just a bit more.

Zaela Sedai
05-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes its always humid here, maybe a little less so for Dav then me not sure. He's in VT, I'm in CT.

wait til it goes under 90 to do work outside. We were at a minor league game last night, OMG it was so bad, thank god it wasn't today LOL

Zaela Sedai
05-26-2010, 03:01 PM
70s tomorrow through the weekend though Dav!!!! Hold off on the yard work til tomorrow when its 20 degrees cooler lol

Basel Gill
05-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Just my misconception I guess. I just assumed that it was milder and certainly less humid than the South. Summer without A/C would be about a step below shitty. I'm sorry!

Davian93
05-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Yes its always humid here, maybe a little less so for Dav then me not sure. He's in VT, I'm in CT.

wait til it goes under 90 to do work outside. We were at a minor league game last night, OMG it was so bad, thank god it wasn't today LOL

Its pretty humid up here...the result of being next to a big damn lake basically. And the mosquitoes are vicious this time of year too. The only difference between Northern New England and Southern is about 5-8 degrees in temperature on any given day. Sometimes we're warmer though as a result of not being near the ocean...it all depends on the weather pattern.

Davian93
05-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Just my misconception I guess. I just assumed that it was milder and certainly less humid than the South. Summer without A/C would be about a step below shitty. I'm sorry!

WEll, most of the time, Summer in VT means 75-80 and sunny so the AC isn't really a big deal. Hot spells like this are fairly rare.

irerancincpkc
05-26-2010, 03:57 PM
As much as I hate the heat, the sun is good for my pumpkins. :D

Sei'taer
05-26-2010, 04:08 PM
As much as I hate the heat, the sun is good for my pumpkins. :D

Farmville playin' freak!

It's been in the high eighties and low nineties here, but the humidity is terrible. Right now it's 86 degrees, but the humidity is 78%. We've been having popup storms all day, but so far they haven't hit in my area yet. Just close enough to hear the thunder. I guess that's why the temperature and humidity are down right now.

Ivhon
05-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Mid-nineties in central TX with isolated showers that evaporate and scald your skin in the process.

Why I live inside with the AC on full blast.

GonzoTheGreat
05-27-2010, 02:47 AM
Why I live inside with the AC on full blast.Thus increasing Global Warming. :p

irerancincpkc
05-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Farmville playin' freak!

I don't live on a farm... I just grow them in my yard... :D

bowlwoman
05-27-2010, 08:56 AM
It's been in the high eighties and low nineties here, but the humidity is terrible. Right now it's 86 degrees, but the humidity is 78%. We've been having popup storms all day, but so far they haven't hit in my area yet. Just close enough to hear the thunder. I guess that's why the temperature and humidity are down right now.

We were in Forrest City last weekend for my cousins' graduation, and one of them (the football quarterback and sports nut who has a full-ride baseball scholarship to U of A) fainted on the field five minutes before the ceremony started. We still can't figure out if it's genetics, since my aunt has a tendency to get over-heated and faint, or if he imbibed a bit too much the night before. :D

BTW, hubby and I stayed in Memphis on Saturday night at the Peabody. It was a lot of fun, and it was great to have my parents watching the kiddos. Since we live so far from family, getting an entire night alone is pretty much non-existent. And seriously, what is the deal with Beale Street? We couldn't even get ONTO Beale Street. Midnight, 90+ degrees, 18-20 year-old as far as the eye could see...we went back to the Peabody and drank overpriced cocktails until 2am. :D

Mid-nineties in central TX with isolated showers that evaporate and scald your skin in the process.

Why I live inside with the AC on full blast.

Seconded.

Sei'taer
05-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Thus increasing Global Warming. :p

It's a myth.

~oh yes, I did!~

Sei'taer
05-27-2010, 09:00 AM
BTW, hubby and I stayed in Memphis on Saturday night at the Peabody. It was a lot of fun, and it was great to have my parents watching the kiddos. Since we live so far from family, getting an entire night alone is pretty much non-existent. And seriously, what is the deal with Beale Street? We couldn't even get ONTO Beale Street. Midnight, 90+ degrees, 18-20 year-old as far as the eye could see...we went back to the Peabody and drank overpriced cocktails until 2am. :D

It's an overpriced tourist trap. If you'd have said something I could have told you places to go. I was in Indiana so i couldn't show you, but I could have given you a list of a lot better places to be than Beale St.

Beale St is mostly where the souped up bumblebee cars and the cars with 28" rims go to cruise and hang out.

bowlwoman
05-27-2010, 09:50 AM
It's an overpriced tourist trap. If you'd have said something I could have told you places to go. I was in Indiana so i couldn't show you, but I could have given you a list of a lot better places to be than Beale St.

Beale St is mostly where the souped up bumblebee cars and the cars with 28" rims go to cruise and hang out.

That's one of the main reasons we didn't even try to go there. If I want a cordoned off street with too loud music and a bunch of college kids, I'll stay home and go downtown to 6th Street. :)

We were only in town the one night, and we had other "things" going on :eek:, so it wasn't a big deal that we missed Beale Street. We had a fabulous dinner at Flight, on Monroe and Main, which we didn't leave until 11:45pm. If you haven't been there, seriously, it's got excellent food and wine.

Next time we go (which we might go more often since we can drop the kiddos off at the 'rents in SEMO), I'll definitely ask you for things to do. I have an aunt and uncle who live in Southaven, but they're so totally fundie that they would probably tell us to go to their church for the weekend and not do anything else. Seriously.