PDA

View Full Version : Millenium Trilogy - Spoiler Free

Ishara
06-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Okay Swedes, your country = awesome. I am a newfound admirer of all things Swedish.

Who's reading it? Who's LOVING Lisbeth?

Also, it's kind of driving me nuts. How do you pronounce Blomqvist? I've been thinking: Blomkvist. Is that right?

I haven't read the third one, so no spoilers please.

Ivhon
06-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Okay Swedes, your country = awesome. I am a newfound admirer of all things Swedish.

Who's reading it? Who's LOVING Lisbeth?

Also, it's kind of driving me nuts. How do you pronounce Blomqvist? I've been thinking: Blomkvist. Is that right?

I haven't read the third one, so no spoilers please.

This is "the girl with the dragon tatoo?" or whatever? We were listening to the second book on tape not long ago...loved it.

Ishara
06-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Yes, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire, and The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

Brita
06-05-2010, 11:00 AM
OK- THAT'S IT! I am getting this book. I've been half-heartedly looking, but now I am going to look in earnest.

JSUCamel
06-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Yes, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire, and The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

Is that the "The Girl with an Abnormally Low IQ" trilogy?

Ishara
06-06-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't get it...

But no, she's brilliant. And bad-ass.

Brita
06-06-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't get it...

Well, she played with fire and then kicked a hornet's nest.

Kurtz
06-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Read the first one. Absolute pile of wank.

I'm very much in the minority with this opinion though. Most folk I know really liked it.

Brita
06-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Read the first one. Absolute pile of wank.

I'm very much in the minority with this opinion though. Most folk I know really liked it.

Hmmm- we have the same opinion quite often. You hated "The Alchemist" just as much as I did....

Well, I still better give it a try.

Mort
06-07-2010, 08:57 AM
I havn't read them yet. I friend of mine has and says they are awesome. So I'll borrow his copies some day.

They have become movies here in sweden, and apparently they suck :D They weren't able to get the same feeling like in the books or something.

GonzoTheGreat
06-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Feeling? In movies? What's that good for, anyway?

Ishara
06-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Hmmm- we have the same opinion quite often. You hated "The Alchemist" just as much as I did....

Well, I still better give it a try.
No, no. I also hated the Alchemist. A load of tripe, that was.

But the books are great, and the movie (#1) was...stirring. It was a very well done, imo, rendition of the book, and captured the mood well, I think. Hard to watch because of the sexual violence and subject matter - just like the book was hard to read at times.

But still, awesome.