PDA

View Full Version : Really Cool Pencil Art

Davian93
06-07-2010, 08:09 AM
http://www.beautifullife.info/art-works/unbelievable-pencil-art/

Its pretty hard to believe that those are drawn with a pencil and are not photographs. Quite Impressive.

Mort
06-07-2010, 09:07 AM
God damn, those are awesome. Although they are so good the cynic in me starts to question it. But I'll go with it for now, more fun that way at least :)

irerancincpkc
06-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Yeah, those are too good, it's so hard to believe they were done with a pencil!

But they are so awesome. :D Hate to see what they cost...

Brita
06-07-2010, 10:13 AM
You can definitely see in some of the lower pictures that they are pencil sketches. If the pictures are posted in chronological order (latest first), then he is improving and bordering on perfection.

I would like to see a time lapse video of this.

yks 6nnetu hing
06-07-2010, 10:21 AM
ack, those are good. I've seen similarly good drawings of still-lifes, but never animals - getting the fur right is such a pain. I know there are techniques for gettign the lighter single hair to show on the dark back-ground but it's very hard to accomplish (e.g. look at the mane of the lion). An even bigger pain is working so that you don't smudge your own work. Literal pain, the arm muscles get quite a training... back in art school it was easy to see who studied what: the scultpors were generally quite buff, but the painting majors were only buff on one side - depending on which-handed they were.

Ishara
06-07-2010, 12:40 PM
ack, those are good. I've seen similarly good drawings of still-lifes, but never animals - getting the fur right is such a pain. I know there are techniques for gettign the lighter single hair to show on the dark back-ground but it's very hard to accomplish (e.g. look at the mane of the lion). An even bigger pain is working so that you don't smudge your own work. Literal pain, the arm muscles get quite a training... back in art school it was easy to see who studied what: the scultpors were generally quite buff, but the painting majors were only buff on one side - depending on which-handed they were.

I love the way you think. :D

tworiverswoman
06-07-2010, 06:04 PM
I believe 'em. My ex-brother-in-law was also a black-and-white sketch artist and did some really INCREDIBLE stuff. Whenever they visited I would hover in the doorway and watch him work.

I can also add that the personality of a person who does that kind of persnickety work can be ... irritating. :p

Mort
06-08-2010, 03:51 PM
I'd love to draw like that, would actually help me in my future profession to be able to draw better. Something I need to work on.

I found a video a long time ago that showed some skills in MS Paint, yes I said MS Paint. The video was basically saying that you don't need expensive software like illustrator and photoshop to draw well, it's all in the artist. This video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUWqRhReaZk) isn't it, but it basically says the same thing ;)

Of course they are working with a digital tablet like a wacom in those. You can't really get the same pencil strokes with a mouse :)