PDA

View Full Version : RIP Manut Bol

Ivhon
06-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Peace. (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127985053)

Manute Bol, who played for the Washington Bullets (now the Washington Wizards), died this past weekend at age 47, reportedly after returning to the states from Sudan with kidney trouble. Bol, who was over seven feet tall, was a philanthropist who donated generously to his native Sudan. Guest host Tony Cox speaks with Kevin Blackistone, a sports writer for ESPN.com, for more on Manute Bol's career and legacy.

Aside from being a true class act, he was the namesake of the 5-foot bong on the third floor of my club in college.

Also, they are reporting that experts have traced the expression "My bad" to him. How cool is that?

Crispin's Crispian
06-21-2010, 07:10 PM
I still remember that game when he hit something like six or seven three-pointers in a row. It was such a huge fluke, because eveyrone made fun of him for just being tall.

RIP Manut.

Zaela Sedai
06-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Ugh that sucks...

RIP

Frenzy
06-21-2010, 10:28 PM
He wasn't just tall, he could play too. i remember watching him when he played for the Warriors.

That 'my bad' thing is pretty cool.

RIP

Davian93
06-22-2010, 07:44 AM
He donated pretty much every penny he ever made and then some to help mitigate the disaster in his homeland. He was a tireless campaigner for charity and stopping the war in Sudan. The world needs more Manute Bol's.

He was also a Sixer and I loved going to Sixers games when he was playing.

RIP Manute!