PDA

View Full Version : More fun with Grilled Cheese

ShadowbaneX
06-24-2010, 02:55 PM
they're now being used to envelop meat!

http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/relationships/blog/2009/06/allergic_to_grilled_cheese.htmlhttp://weblogs.ctnow.com/entertainment/dining/a-la-carte/burgermelt.jpg

So, yeah, write your own joke here.

edit: oops, fixed.

Yellowbeard
06-24-2010, 04:23 PM
i see a red x.

Anaiya Sedai
06-24-2010, 04:26 PM
I see nothing. I'm confused.

Weird Harold
06-24-2010, 04:35 PM
http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/relationships/blog/2009/06/allergic_to_grilled_cheese.html

You misspelled URL in your tags. HTML links don't work with IMG tags.

Anaiya Sedai
06-24-2010, 04:38 PM
I can't even see a URL.. nevermind a messed up one.. :confused:

Ivhon
06-24-2010, 04:46 PM
I believe that is the article where the mini-meme originally came from. We have now come full circle.

Sarevok
06-24-2010, 04:48 PM

You could see the URL if you right-click the failed image, then look at it's properties.
You could also click the link WH made. :)

Weird Harold
06-24-2010, 04:49 PM
This one : http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/relationships/blog/2009/06/allergic_to_grilled_cheese.html

Basel Gill
06-24-2010, 05:10 PM
You know, I opened that link fully expecting to see a grilled cheese sandwich (an actual sandwich) folded around some corned beef or pastrami and I was already thinking to myself exactly how awesome that would be and that I should try it at home. Man am I naive...

DahLliA
06-24-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm getting a deja-vu?

Anaiya Sedai
06-24-2010, 05:44 PM
I can't see a failed image either. all I can see is the two lines of writing with a couple of spaced lines between them.

But yeah, that link is our original article, isn't it? ~even more confused~

nameless
06-24-2010, 05:46 PM
From what I can gather everyone in the comments section is just taking for granted that this refers to oral sex... is there some kind of natural connection between the euphimism and the act, or are they just so vanilla they really can't think of anything else the writer could be complaining about?

Anaiya Sedai
06-24-2010, 05:49 PM
From what I can gather everyone in the comments section is just taking for granted that this refers to oral sex... is there some kind of natural connection between the euphimism and the act, or are they just so vanilla they really can't think of anything else the writer could be complaining about?
I think it's pretty obvious what he is complaining about..
And didn't we talk about this pretty much exactly a year ago?

ShadowbaneX
06-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I can't see a failed image either. all I can see is the two lines of writing with a couple of spaced lines between them.

But yeah, that link is our original article, isn't it? ~even more confused~
looks like the wrong link was copied and pasted. Things should be working now.

tworiverswoman
06-24-2010, 06:10 PM
When SBX first posted this and I looked inside - there was NOTHING in his post except the text comment. Which was a "oh?" kind of thing but otherwise meaningless.

Now there's a link to Camel's originally linked article in WH's reply, but SBX's post now shows exactly what he described: "meat enveloped by grilled cheese sandwiches" (two grilled cheese sandwiches as the 'bun' for a hamburger). And no link.

So I'm getting a little confused as to who is taking this thread where. And Camel still takes some considerable pride (in a self-mocking kind of way) at introducing Theoryland to that meme, so no one else should be taking credit for it... :)

Bryan Blaire
06-24-2010, 07:17 PM
I posted about that particular culinary invention in another thread around here somewhere (the burger with two sammiches as the buns)...

:D

ShadowbaneX
06-24-2010, 08:44 PM
when I first found the article I copied the link to show a friend. In order to explain why I found it so amusing I sent him the original link. Then I opened up TL to share it. I had thought that I'd copied the link for the picture again, but it seems not to have stuck and the link I sent to my friend got pasted instead. Now, that all that massive detail has been explained this is now a thoroughly dead joke.

Ivhon
06-24-2010, 11:18 PM
when I first found the article I copied the link to show a friend. In order to explain why I found it so amusing I sent him the original link. Then I opened up TL to share it. I had thought that I'd copied the link for the picture again, but it seems not to have stuck and the link I sent to my friend got pasted instead. Now, that all that massive detail has been explained this is now a thoroughly dead joke.

No offense, m8, but I think I have to give this thread a fail on general levels of confuzzlery and whatthefuckarewetalkingaboutedness.

Birgitte
06-25-2010, 12:11 AM
No offense, m8, but I think I have to give this thread a fail on general levels of confuzzlery and whatthefuckarewetalkingaboutedness.

I thought it was funny, SBX. I was confused by the confusedness, though I remembered someone had mentioned it before. Anyway. The thing kinda looks gross as far as a sandwich goes. As a pun, it's pretty awesome. ;)

And anyone who uses numbers instead of letters deserves to be ignored. ;) :p :)

Hmpf... MATE, indeed. Kids today.

ShadowbaneX
06-25-2010, 12:23 AM
If I knew that a miscopied link and being away from the computer for a couple of hours would have caused all this I wouldn't have bothered. I wonder if I can get Nae'blis or Tam, just to delete all the confusion posts...perhaps that would save the thread.

Matoyak
06-25-2010, 03:17 AM
And anyone who uses numbers instead of letters deserves to be ignored. ;) :p This. Unless, of course, it is being done in a parody/poking-fun-at style. :)

yks 6nnetu hing
06-25-2010, 05:59 AM
This. Unless, of course, it is being done in a parody/poking-fun-at style. :)

or if the standard English keyboard does not have the letters you need and/or standard English HTML won't always represent the characters properly. *points at own name*

Matoyak
06-25-2010, 05:12 PM
or if the standard English keyboard does not have the letters you need and/or standard English HTML won't always represent the characters properly. *points at own name*Right. That too, of course. :) (I still tend to read your name as "Yks Kssshhh<static>ssshhh hing" due to lack of ability to process that middle word. :o

Though have you tried looking up alt-codes of whatever letter/symbol you need? :)

Crispin's Crispian
06-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Right. That too, of course. :) (I still tend to read your name as "Yks Kssshhh<static>ssshhh hing" due to lack of ability to process that middle word. :o
hehehe...to me, it's always pronounced "kenetto." I have no idea why a six turned into a "k," but there it is.

Though have you tried looking up alt-codes of whatever letter/symbol you need? :)
Or perhaps choosing something only highly tangentially related to your name that actually does make sense in a language? *points to own name* :o

Matoyak
06-25-2010, 05:21 PM
hehehe...to me, it's always pronounced "kenetto." I have no idea why a six turned into a "k," but there it is.When I do actually try to pronounce it, the six turns into a kg glutteral for me. Yeah...I dunno how to say k and g simultaneously...especially followed by two n's... So it turns into static. :o :p

Sarevok
06-25-2010, 05:35 PM

I doubt VBulletin of EZBoard would have accepted the correct letter as valid. :)

Ishara
06-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Hmmm.

I've always pronounced it onn-yetu...