PDA

View Full Version : Fun Flash Multiplayer Game (Not kidding)

Firseal
06-28-2010, 04:10 AM
Ever really wanted something? The same something as dozens of others? Ever had to just randomly work together with a crowd that may or may not have a brain to get it?

Ever laughed your butt off trying?

Meet Transformice! It is a simple, play online java game. You enter, and you are a mouse. There is cheese. You want to grab that cheese, and get back to your hole.

Sounds simple, right? Now imagine you have between five and forty other players being mice. They also want cheese. They aren't competing with you, really - you can help each other. Really, you can.

You probably won't, but you can.

As the website that sent me to this game claimed, the enemy in Transformice! isn't the puzzles (though they will kill you) or the occasional odd demonic anvil creature (which will fling you to your death - don't ask. More fun running into them naturally), the main foe is the human condition. It is you and dozens of others, perfect strangers, all dashing for a bit of cheese. Sure you are nominally on the same side, and are supposed to be helping each other. Just keep telling yourself that. But make sure you are carting cheese when you do.

To 'help' you out, the game picks for every two minute round a random mouse (or two, or three) to be a 'shaman' mouse for that round. This mouse will have magic powers. They will, the game assures you, be necessary to win some of the rounds.

The idiocy of the other random mice might get you killed. Your shaman is an instrument of absolute carnage. That you need the sucker pretty often just makes the absurd fun that much more absurd.

Anyhow, this is a video explaining the game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJReZRji7tg). It will make you laugh, even if you don't want to try it out.

Here is the game itself (http://www.transformice.com/en/). Give it a try, really. I was laughing my butt off pretty frequently.

Matoyak
06-28-2010, 08:09 AM
What the....that looks like a very interesting game. Might have to try it out sometime...

Sarevok
06-28-2010, 01:31 PM
I watched the video.

This game is more likely to make me punch my monitor than to let met have fun. I'm not touching it, sorry Firseal.

DahLliA
06-29-2010, 06:11 PM
was quite fun. but it would be more fun I guess with a group of people you know :p

tworiverswoman
06-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Vaguely seems to resemble Lemmings but with a live crew. I'm with Mato, I think the frustration level would drive me bonkers.

But I do love the rather "earthy" tone of the video text remarks...:p

Matoyak
06-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Vaguely seems to resemble Lemmings but with a live crew. I'm with Mato, I think the frustration level would drive me bonkers.

But I do love the rather "earthy" tone of the video text remarks...:pWell, while I agree with this sentiment, it was not I who voiced it, it was Sare. :)

tworiverswoman
06-30-2010, 11:08 PM
~contemplates stealth editing to hide mistake, along with bribing Mato to conceal the evidence...~