PDA

View Full Version : So who is planning to go to Jordan Con?

Isabel
07-07-2010, 12:07 PM
So do tell me:)

Leanne
07-08-2010, 08:47 AM
That is WAY too far away for me to know if I am going. I hope to be though. :D

JSUCamel
07-08-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm in.

Sarevok
07-08-2010, 11:13 AM
I'd love to go, but just like this year... there's probably no way I can afford it. :(

Tamyrlin
07-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Have some theory panels to run and a new book to discuss!

ShadowbaneX
07-08-2010, 01:29 PM
They way things are looking I probably won't be able to go. Who knows what might happen in the next 8 months though.

Ishara
07-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Gah. Having now been, I SO want to go back! But given that we just bought a house (WE JUST BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!), and are planning a wedding for that same year...I'm thinking it will be next to impossible. If I win the lottery though, I'm all in!

GonzoTheGreat
07-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Gah. Having now been, I SO want to go back! But given that we just bought a house (WE JUST A HOUSE!!!), and are planning a wedding for that same year...I'm thinking it will be next to impossible. If I win the lotery though, I'm all in!You could do your wedding there.

I'm not going, just to make things clear. Irrespective of any weddings.

Zanguini
07-09-2010, 01:25 PM
You could do like I did and make it your honeymoon...

I will have a new job by then so i probrably wont make it if i cant make it i will still send fairy.

Oculator
07-11-2010, 02:55 AM
It will take extreme circumstances to keep me away, since the first two have been some of the best vacations I've ever taken. :D And I'm just starting to learn how to record and save everything (did you see the reading? - same camera, just a different save method! It takes a LOT longer though).

Hopefully my girlfriend will join me in 2011, too.

Frenzy
07-11-2010, 12:47 PM
i have 2 out of state family functions to do next year, so J*Con is out. :(

WinespringBrother
07-12-2010, 08:53 AM
I am planning to be there, though it is still a long ways away...

reTaardad
07-13-2010, 12:25 AM
As long as it continues to be in Atlanta, I'll be there for sure. If it moves for whatever reason, it'd all depend on money.

irerancincpkc
07-14-2010, 07:25 AM
I would love to go, it just depends on money and if I can get the time off... mostly money.

One Armed Gimp
07-15-2010, 12:32 PM
I'd love to go, and provided they don't schedule it during the weekend of Dark Lord Day, I am going to do everything I can to make it.

Brita
08-23-2010, 12:01 PM
I certainly hope to attend this year. I am starting to save up now- although I am thoroughly bummed that Ishara won't be there when I am. The Hot Canadian Duo would have ruled!

Davian93
08-23-2010, 01:20 PM
I certainly hope to attend this year. I am starting to save up now- although I am thoroughly bummed that Ishara won't be there when I am. The Hot Canadian Duo would have ruled!

~imagines the possibilities~

What a shame...

Ishara
08-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Okay - I tell you what: if both Dav AND Brita make it, I'll find a freaking way.

Isabel
08-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Woohoo :))))

Brita
08-24-2010, 10:10 AM
What do you say Dav? Atlanta 2011?

btw- hubby's coming too. Any other significant others coming besides Oculator's gf?

Davian93
08-24-2010, 12:05 PM
What do you say Dav? Atlanta 2011?

btw- hubby's coming too. Any other significant others coming besides Oculator's gf?

I'd love to but all my money is going towards a wedding.

Funny, I just got a raise and I feel poorer than ever.

Brita
08-24-2010, 02:14 PM

That's what happens when you have extravagant wedding plans like yours ;)

Davian93
08-24-2010, 02:21 PM
That's what happens when you have extravagant wedding plans like yours ;)

LOL....right, right.

GonzoTheGreat
08-25-2010, 04:51 AM

Funny, I just got a raise and I feel poorer than ever.You could cancel the wedding.

Terez
08-25-2010, 04:58 AM
It will take extreme circumstances to keep me away, since the first two have been some of the best vacations I've ever taken. :D And I'm just starting to learn how to record and save everything (did you see the reading? - same camera, just a different save method! It takes a LOT longer though).

Hopefully my girlfriend will join me in 2011, too.
I have been meaning to ask you how to find your videos of the Q&A sessions. I think I am missing some, and I don't have ANY for JordanCon 2009.

Mort
08-30-2010, 10:53 AM
I was almost sure JordanCon took place on the west coast, or at least during the summer. How wrong I was :(

I had plans of going to the west coast in late june for 3-4 weeks (if money and time exists). So no JordanCon for me then.

If I'm going, I will most likely attend ComiCon though.

Ishara
09-01-2010, 09:05 AM

LOL - me TOO! Let me tell you, packing and planning a wedding that your future sister-in-law industriously copies is the funnest ever!!!

Davian93
09-01-2010, 10:19 AM
LOL - me TOO! Let me tell you, packing and planning a wedding that your future sister-in-law industriously copies is the funnest ever!!!

She's seriously copying your wedding?!? What a...[censored for graphic content]

Ishara
09-01-2010, 12:17 PM
She's seriously copying your wedding?!? What a...[censored for graphic content]
RIGHT?! He sees NO problem with this plan. In fact, he sees no problem with her wearing the same dress (an example I desperately provided to help clarify the issue), because we're not getting married on the same day, so who cares?

She's been engaged for over 18 months and just last week decided that she wanted to get married 3 months ahead of us, with a tent and BBQ. How convenient.

But because of the fact that it's on different days, and that we'll have limited guest overlap between the weddings - it's no big deal, and he REFUSES to even talk to her about it.

Wedding planning is so much effing fun!!!

Davian93
09-01-2010, 12:28 PM
RIGHT?! He sees NO problem with this plan. In fact, he sees no problem with her wearing the same dress (an example I desperately provided to help clarify the issue), because we're not getting married on the same day, so who cares?

She's been engaged for over 18 months and just last week decided that she wanted to get married 3 months ahead of us, with a tent and BBQ. How convenient.

But because of the fact that it's on different days, and that we'll have limited guest overlap between the weddings - it's no big deal, and he REFUSES to even talk to her about it.

Wedding planning is so much effing fun!!!

That's pretty sick and pretty pathetic on her part. She sounds about as fun as my sister-in-law (who is an uber beyotch).

That's a big reason why we're looking at a destination wedding instead of a huge affair...we simply would rather spend our money on a cool trip than on feeding other people.

Ishara
09-01-2010, 03:40 PM
That's pretty sick and pretty pathetic on her part. She sounds about as fun as my sister-in-law (who is an uber beyotch).

That's a big reason why we're looking at a destination wedding instead of a huge affair...we simply would rather spend our money on a cool trip than on feeding other people.

The worst part is, I'm not getting the sense that she's being malicious - just thoughtless. I mean, she's on of my best friends, and is in the wedding party! So, I really just have to suck it up and try my hardest to keep the details close to my chest (which I suck at), while I get over this.

We so badly wanted to do destination, but given that his sister, and his dad are teachers, and my mum and step-dad work in the school system, and we want to get married in October...it just wasn't going to work out.

Zanguini
09-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Fairy + Zan Wedding

Clothes 800
Location 120
Cakes 100
Plane Tickets 600
Jordan Con 120
Hotel Stay 600
Misc. Wedding 100
Misc. JordanCon 300
Sub Total = 2740

Wedding Gift Money= 420

Grand total= 2320

Wedding Planning Time= 5 months

Average Monthly Salary Fairy+Zan= 3000
Average Montly Bills = 1000
Average Misc Expenses = 1000

Cary Sedai
09-05-2010, 02:01 PM
The only thing you missed, baby was the $50 I spent on flowers, after the first batch was purchased and you should up the clothes to $950 ;)

Ishara
09-05-2010, 08:42 PM
LOL - and a beautiful wedding it was! Alas, as much as he indulges the geek in me, I'm not seeing him agree to a honeymoon spent with anyone... ;)

GonzoTheGreat
09-06-2010, 04:49 AM
Fairy + Zan Wedding

Clothes 800
Location 120
Cakes 100
Plane Tickets 600
Jordan Con 120
Hotel Stay 600
Misc. Wedding 100
Misc. JordanCon 300
Sub Total = 2740

Wedding Gift Money= 420

Grand total= 2320

Wedding Planning Time= 5 months

Average Monthly Salary Fairy+Zan= 3000
Average Montly Bills = 1000
Average Misc Expenses = 1000

The only thing you missed, baby was the $50 I spent on flowers, after the first batch was purchased and you should up the clothes to $950 ;)Lemme see. You're earning 3000 a month, and spending 2000 a month, so you gain 1000 a month. A wedding costs you about 2500 (taking the expensive clothing into account), so it will take you about three months before you can afford another wife. At that rate, in a mere year you can have the 4 that Islam allows you. Could go even quicker if your next wives also earn money.

Edited to add:
I'd forgotten that more wives (and probably more bridesmaids as well) means the clothing expenses will rise. This may slow you down a bit.

Cary Sedai
09-06-2010, 01:44 PM
I suppose he could, Gonzo. If he wanted to me to turn into a crazy homicidal lunatic (my jealousy beast would not respond well). :p

Now of course, having our honeymoon at JordanCon was pretty cool, but we missed a lot of morning panels, and we didn't hang out in the evenings for group activities ;)

Oh and I totally recomend a room with two beds! One for sex, one for sleep... no one has to sleep in the wet spot! :p

Ishara
09-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Cary! That was a milk snort for sure!! :p

One Armed Gimp
09-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Cary! That was a milk snort for sure!! :p

+1 but with water.

Cary Sedai
09-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I do try my best! :D

Zanguini
09-09-2010, 11:39 PM
I dont think its really appropriate for you to discuss how awesome I am in bed on theoryland

Cary Sedai
09-10-2010, 12:44 AM
:D

GonzoTheGreat
09-10-2010, 03:53 AM
I dont think its really appropriate for you to discuss how awesome I am in bed on theorylandIf she is convincing enough, then she may convince others, which would give you an opportunity to sample some variety. Would that be so bad?

Zanguini
09-10-2010, 01:04 PM
yes that would be very very bad you have no idea how scary it is when fairies turn into raptors

fear of bodily harm is an excellent excuse for fidelity

GonzoTheGreat
09-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Happily enough, distance makes raptor fairies* less scary. It also reduces the risk of bodily harm.

* Would that be Fairociraptor, or is that insufficiently latiny to meet etymological standards?

Ishara
09-13-2010, 12:23 PM
ROFLMAO

I guess we know what we're calling the future baby!

Loreniel
11-07-2010, 10:57 PM
I have every intention of attending Jordancon this year. Baring some unforeseen catastrophic event I will be happily there.

Though even those unforeseen catastrophic events have not been able to stop Theorylanders from getting to Jordancon in the past.. like European volcanoes grounding flights...

GonzoTheGreat
11-08-2010, 03:17 AM
Though even those unforeseen catastrophic events have not been able to stop Theorylanders from getting to Jordancon in the past.. like European volcanoes grounding flights...Was it a European volcano, or an American one?
Iceland lies partly on one plate, and partly on the other, so it's not entirely clear cut to me.

Based on looking at some Wiki pages, and especially the maps, it does seem to me that Eyjafjallajökull (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyjafjallajökull) is a European volcano. Of course, I'm not a geologist, and these maps on Wikipedia aren't of scientific quality, so I could be wrong about this.

Edited to get the bloody link right.

Matoyak
11-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Eyjafjallajökull (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyjafjallajökull)
Edited to get the bloody link right.I think you meant to link to here (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheUnpronounceable).

I would love to go, it just depends on money and if I can get the time off... mostly money.This. Will try my hardest to be able to go, but I doubt I will be able to. College is a mildly expensive thing to save up for, when your parents getting back together causes you to lose your financial aid, and thusly can't afford a dorm at your college of choice anymore, so you have to change colleges (and move to Houston), and the scholarship doesn't transfer (and it's ok anyways, as it turns out you didn't manage to keep your scholarship anyways because Cal 2 is ridiculously annoyingly difficult and boring compared to the Cal 1 class you liked so much)
Erm...

That is to say... I will try to go, but I don't think I can make it. As per usual. :(

Loreniel
11-08-2010, 07:38 AM
Was it a European volcano, or an American one?
Iceland lies partly on one plate, and partly on the other, so it's not entirely clear cut to me.

I'm the furthest thing from a geologist so I was simply basing it on the actual location of the volcano- in Iceland, rather than on the plate activities.

GonzoTheGreat
11-08-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm a European, and I would've preferred not to have to blame it on my own continent. Seems I can't manage that, though.

Isabel
11-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Iceland isn't part of the European Union. So we can just deny it's part of Europe.
No one wants Iceland :D

Loreniel
11-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Poor Iceland. I'll take it.. claim it for my own.. and then conquer the world from there.

Seems like a totally plausible plan.. <.<

Jonai
11-11-2010, 01:31 AM
I'm going (I hope). I was there in 2009 but missed 2010. Considering JC is the only reason I'm posting on this site, I bet something equally fun will come out of this trip. lol

Daekyras
11-22-2010, 11:35 AM
If she is convincing enough, then she may convince others, which would give you an opportunity to sample some variety. Would that be so bad?

Apparantly, she's convincing enough to make him think he's good in bed so....

Anyway, I should be at JCon next year. Gonna be over at the university anyway so might as well make the detour...

subwoofer
11-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Have been thinking heavily about this but logistics are a challenge. This is really close to my anniversary and my wife is not a WoT fan, so I'd be going to this con solo... Also I have really been jonesing after the San Diego Comic-Con (http://www.comic-con.org/cci/) so that is on my radar too. Decisions, decisions

Jonai
11-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Have been thinking heavily about this but logistics are a challenge. This is really close to my anniversary and my wife is not a WoT fan, so I'd be going to this con solo... Also I have really been jonesing after the San Diego Comic-Con (http://www.comic-con.org/cci/) so that is on my radar too. Decisions, decisions

You should totally go. I have this feeling -you'd be a blast. And for more TLers the better.

subwoofer
11-22-2010, 07:22 PM
You should totally go. I have this feeling -you'd be a blast. And for more TLers the better.

Heh- well life is for living (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-gcW1Vi4YE), I've never been one for standing on the sidelines... especially when I'm not sober.

I dunno, Atlanta might be tangible. A while back I started a campaign to suggest the Con be moved to a central location like Vegas, but it turns out the wonderful lady- Jennifer, lives in Atlanta and gave me a subtle hint to quit my crying or organize the con myself, so I shuddup.

And Richard Fife will be there and I have always wanted revenge for his constant rickrolls so if things fall into place why not?:)

pops taer
11-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Sei'taer, Lady Aly, Son of Elvis, and Pops'taer will be there with bells on. And if you are all lucky we will also have clothing on. Any who are concerned about their spouse not being a WoT fan; first shame on them. Second, Lady Aly, Tam's Bride, the Lady Teri and others fit that bill as well. Rest assured they were made to feel so welcome and enjoyed themselves very much. Lady Aly is Sei'taer's Bride and she is so pumped up about this she can't wait.

Sei'taer
12-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Yup, me and Al already have tickets and if Brita is going to go then I absolutely have to be there.

To those if you that haven't met me, I'm easy to find. I'll be the tall, unbelievably good looking guy with the smooth southern accent and the women draped all around me.

Zahdemano
12-23-2010, 05:46 PM
I attended last year for my first con and loved it so much will be there again this year, hopefully with the 3 friends that came with last year

Linda
01-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I am, Emma. Not only am I on panels, but I'm doing a costuming workshop and helping on another.

Isabel
01-14-2011, 12:22 AM
:D I knew that Linda:) Still good to hear that you are coming.

Eowyn
02-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I am trying to convince my sister to come with me. We've been reading and theorizing about the books together since '94. Our father used to take out our lightbulb on school nights because we'd stay up to 3 AM reading.

However, she has two very young children and probably won't go :( And since I don't know anyone it be mega intimidating to go on my own. So I need to keep harassing her.

Juan
02-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Well, I will not be going this year because I figured I'd save some money and go for 2012. The big year for AMOL. ;)

So you should definitely go then if not this year.

You could always knock your sister unconscious and drag her to the con. Totally acceptable among family members.

I'm probably going to go on my own for 2012 and just meet up with everyone at the event. So there's no need to be shy! We're easygoing... for the most part. If you really want to get to know us, the cool people hang out in the non-wot board.

Oh and I'm the best looking guy here on TL, even though Sei'Taer would say otherwise. Don't believe what he says though. :P

Isabel
02-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Eowyn: it's no problem going by yourself. It's a very small convention, you will meet up with people and have fun ;)) If you wave around with a TL flag people will spot you and talk to you.

Juan: The best looking guy here on Theoryland is Pops. Sei'Taer has to get his looks from someone :)

Juan
02-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Lies. Lies upon lies.

I don't think we can be friends anymore, Isa...

You will see the truth one day. ;)

Ishara
02-08-2011, 08:26 AM
To those if you that haven't met me, I'm easy to find. I'll be the tall, unbelievably good looking guy with the smooth southern accent and the women draped all around me.

How did I miss this? LOL

Sei's a lot of things, but a liar ain't one of them. ;)

Tamyrlin
02-09-2011, 09:52 PM
I am trying to convince my sister to come with me. We've been reading and theorizing about the books together since '94. Our father used to take out our lightbulb on school nights because we'd stay up to 3 AM reading.

However, she has two very young children and probably won't go :( And since I don't know anyone it be mega intimidating to go on my own. So I need to keep harassing her.

It's a blast and everyone gets to know each other real quick. It's absolutely worth every moment. Don't worry about the intimidation factor, just dive right in.

Frenzy
02-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Still bummed i'm not going again. No watching Isabel give hapless people drop. No sharing sips of engine degreaser with Pops. No laughing at Sei'taer with Sei'taer's wife. No watching prom girls take their pictures with the Green Man. No Frenzy-Ishara team of ultimate awesomeness. No scaring the bejeezus out of Brandon and Maria. No total domination of WoT Trivia contests. No poking fun at the Moiraine fangirls. No drunken games of Darkfriend Lynching DM'ed by Seeker. No Grilled Cheese signs from Camel at the airport.

~sighs~ maybe next year.

Isabel
02-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Still bummed i'm not going again. No watching Isabel give hapless people drop. No sharing sips of engine degreaser with Pops. No laughing at Sei'taer with Sei'taer's wife. No watching prom girls take their pictures with the Green Man. No Frenzy-Ishara team of ultimate awesomeness. No scaring the bejeezus out of Brandon and Maria. No total domination of WoT Trivia contests. No poking fun at the Moiraine fangirls. No drunken games of Darkfriend Lynching DM'ed by Seeker. No Grilled Cheese signs from Camel at the airport.

~sighs~ maybe next year.

Now you are making me sad:p While i am still going.

Ishara
02-11-2011, 01:55 PM

~sighs~ maybe next year.

UGH. This.

Will definitely be there in 2012. This year is just too full of stupid life milestones like buying a house and getting married. LOL

I think maybe that the grilled cheese sign was the first moment I realized how much damn FUN it was going to be. :D

Frenzy
02-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Yah, it's up to everyone who IS going to have a great time, scare Brandon & Maria (in a nice way), dominate trivia, and show everyone how much fun TL can be.

Just do me a favor and refer to Sei'taer as Mageen. :D

Eowyn
02-13-2011, 11:01 PM
May have convinced my anti-fiction husband to go, only because Mets are playing in Atlanta that weekend. :)

WinespringBrother
02-14-2011, 10:41 AM
May have convinced my anti-fiction husband to go, only because Mets are playing in Atlanta that weekend. :)

Hmmm, didn't even notice that. I may have to taken in a ball game if events have wound down by Sunday afternoon.

Ishara
02-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Just do me a favor and refer to Sei'taer as Mageen. :D

BWAAAA HAAA HAAA.

Tamyrlin
02-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Totally bummed you guys are not going to make it...I'm almost afraid to tell Teri. :(

Ishara
02-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Totally bummed you guys are not going to make it...I'm almost afraid to tell Teri. :(

Geez Tam, lay on the guilt why don't you? :( I know, I feel awful about missing things, but with the house (which is mostly under control - just not if you include weekend jaunts to Atlanta) and the wedding...Just can't justify it financially. Next year for SURE though. Even if I may not be drinking alcohol... ;)

Besides, you and Teri know I love you lots. ;)

Zahdemano
02-19-2011, 01:42 PM
My hotel is booked and Con ticket is payed for, only thing left to get is the rental car. See you in Atlanta in April