PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm told I am crazy

Anaiya Sedai
07-08-2010, 01:29 PM
.. but we all knew that anyway.

I'll be honest, I've had a a rough couple of months, more upset, arguing and grief than I would ever care to experience again, so it's time for some good news.
I mentioned, just as an offhand remark, that I needed a holiday when I got back from work one day last week.
Wednesday morning I was told that I will be having my holiday in about 6 weeks (the only week off I am going to have for a long time), and would I like to get married that week?
J's mum thinks we're mad for giving ourselves 6 weeks to plan a wedding, but I'm not worried.

Soon nobody will be able to call me one of those european woman who have kids but aren't married :p

I've been walking around like this since wednesday :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Davian93
07-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Congrats!

Crispin's Crispian
07-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Congratulations! Sure, it's only six weeks. Look at it this way--you'll only be stressed out for six weeks. :D

JSUCamel
07-08-2010, 02:29 PM
.. but we all knew that anyway.

I'll be honest, I've had a a rough couple of months, more upset, arguing and grief than I would ever care to experience again, so it's time for some good news.
I mentioned, just as an offhand remark, that I needed a holiday when I got back from work one day last week.
Wednesday morning I was told that I will be having my holiday in about 6 weeks (the only week off I am going to have for a long time), and would I like to get married that week?
J's mum thinks we're mad for giving ourselves 6 weeks to plan a wedding, but I'm not worried.

Soon nobody will be able to call me one of those european woman who have kids but aren't married :p

I've been walking around like this since wednesday :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Crazy woman! Congratulations!

Brita
07-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Yay Anaiya!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Terez
07-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Congrats! Now you can legally steal all his stuff when he dies.

Ivhon
07-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Congrats! 6 weeks is enough time to do something small and informal, I would think.

Anaiya Sedai
07-08-2010, 03:50 PM
lol, T. I paid for most of "our" stuff anyway ;). He jokingly said that he's only marrying me for my money. As if I had any....

It's going to be small and informal - ceremony at the registry office, then a bbq on a private beach, with just close family and friends.

J's sister said "about time" when we told her yesterday (we've been engaged for 5 1/2 years),
Kettle said "oh, that's my birthday, but that's ok, I'm working all day anyway." Bitch.

Sei'taer
07-08-2010, 03:56 PM
lol, T. I paid for most of "our" stuff anyway ;). He jokingly said that he's only marrying me for my money. As if I had any....

It's going to be small and informal - ceremony at the registry office, then a bbq on a private beach, with just close family and friends.

J's sister said "about time" when we told her yesterday (we've been engaged for 5 1/2 years),
Kettle said "oh, that's my birthday, but that's ok, I'm working all day anyway." Bitch.

Congrats! TL kegger at Anaiya's beach hotspot place thingy in 6 weeks!!!

Jokeslayer
07-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Congratulations.

Sarevok
07-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Congrats, Anaiya!! :D

Zaela Sedai
07-08-2010, 06:57 PM
YAY ANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so awesome :)

tworiverswoman
07-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Congrats! 6 weeks is enough time to do something small and informal, I would think.Heh. You need my sister's mad organizing skillz.

I told Ernie that we "ought to get married" on January 9, 2004, as we were leaving my mother's funeral. I was suddenly concerned about hospital visitation rights and stuff like that.

He said, "Okay."

I told my sister about it on the phone that night (she and my brother were in town for the funeral). She told the rest of the family and I received a conference call the next morning telling me we would be married before they went home or ELSE.

My wedding anniversary is January 22. :)

ETA: Oh, and congratulations! :)

ShadowbaneX
07-09-2010, 02:34 AM
Congrats, condolences and craziness! (w00t! alliteration)

GonzoTheGreat
07-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Soon nobody will be able to call me one of those european woman who have kids but aren't married :pEuropean women don't have kids anymore anyways. That's why the whole continent is dying out and being taken over by ...

... Oh! You've become a Muslim. :eek:

Bryan Blaire
07-09-2010, 06:12 AM
Congrats Anaiya!

yks 6nnetu hing
07-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Congrats :)

Gilshalos Sedai
07-09-2010, 07:41 AM
~squee~ Congrats, Ana!

*hugs*

Zanguini
07-09-2010, 07:50 AM
congrats... planning a quick wedding is not so hard... If you already have a dress... and a place... and a cake...

GonzoTheGreat
07-09-2010, 08:09 AM
congrats... planning a quick wedding is not so hard... If you already have a dress... and a place... and a cake...The first two are optional.

Ishara
07-09-2010, 08:34 AM
I've been walking around like this since wednesday :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DSQUEEEEE~!!! !!!

Am SOOO excited for you!!!! Let me know if I can do anything to help - lord knows I've done my research! ;)

Wait, I thought Kettle WAS his sister. Am confused now! LOL

Look, it's not as if Ana needs the 12 months to work out like crazy, right? I'm sure that you've got a pretty dress, or a friend with pretty dresses to let you wear for the one day. Also, you have fabulous friends who are amazing at photography, as we all well know. So those 2 issues are taken care of. Really, it's the logistics of a beach party and the food that should be the most pressing concerns, and both are totally doable.

Yay!!!!

WinespringBrother
07-09-2010, 09:33 AM
congrats!

Anaiya Sedai
07-09-2010, 09:45 AM
SQUEEEEE~!!!!!!

Am SOOO excited for you!!!! Let me know if I can do anything to help - lord knows I've done my research! ;)

Wait, I thought Kettle WAS his sister. Am confused now! LOL

Look, it's not as if Ana needs the 12 months to work out like crazy, right? I'm sure that you've got a pretty dress, or a friend with pretty dresses to let you wear for the one day. Also, you have fabulous friends who are amazing at photography, as we all well know. So those 2 issues are taken care of. Really, it's the logistics of a beach party and the food that should be the most pressing concerns, and both are totally doable.

Yay!!!!

lol no, kettle is his brothers annoying girlfriend. she's too stupid and rude for words, and I'm soo glad she's not actually part of the family (even though she thinks she is...)

as for working out ... 3 miles of swimming twice a week and running up a ridiculously steep hill, pushing a double stroller while carrying raptor in a sling 3 times a day should do the trick. :rolleyes:

I have a venue (for free :D), cake (for free :D), a maid of honour who is organising everything, a honeymoon, food, music, ceremony, make up artist. I need a guestlist, dress, shoes, flowers, photographer and invites. And probably half a million things that I haven't even thought about. Like rings. lol.

I think I need to go and write a list. Or five.

GonzoTheGreat
07-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Unless everyone gets along very well with everyone else*, you're gonna have to think about seating arrangements.

* If that is the case, then it won't be a proper wedding.

Matoyak
07-09-2010, 10:40 AM
as for working out ... 3 miles of swimming twice a week and running up a ridiculously steep hill, pushing a double stroller while carrying raptor in a sling 3 times a day should do the trick. :rolleyes:That sounds like how my mom trained for the first of two Marathons that she's done. Minus the sling. :)

Congratulations! And g'luck with the rather short time period for organization!

@Tru: Wow. That is all.

Anaiya Sedai
07-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Unless everyone gets along very well with everyone else*, you're gonna have to think about seating arrangements.

* If that is the case, then it won't be a proper wedding.

lol. there won't be any seating, that's why it's a beach bbq. It's bad enough that mother-in-law and father-in-law are going to have to be in the same room during the ceremony. *shudder*

Ishara
07-09-2010, 11:53 AM
lol no, kettle is his brothers annoying girlfriend. she's too stupid and rude for words, and I'm soo glad she's not actually part of the family (even though she thinks she is...)

Ahhh. Moron. (her, of course.)
as for working out ... 3 miles of swimming twice a week and running up a ridiculously steep hill, pushing a double stroller while carrying raptor in a sling 3 times a day should do the trick. :rolleyes:
You'll forgive my pfft. I'm not scoffing at what sounds like hard work, rather I'm scoffing at the idea that you need any of it, minus the baby parts. LOL You have to remember darling, we've all seen pics. ;)

I have a venue (for free :D), cake (for free :D), a maid of honour who is organising everything, a honeymoon, food, music, ceremony, make up artist. I need a guestlist, dress, shoes, flowers, photographer and invites. And probably half a million things that I haven't even thought about. Like rings. lol.

I think I need to go and write a list. Or five.

1. Guestlist
2. Invites
3. Photographer
4. Flowers
5. Dress/ Shoes

Done!

xo
lol. there won't be any seating, that's why it's a beach bbq. It's bad enough that mother-in-law and father-in-law are going to have to be in the same room during the ceremony. *shudder*

Also, LOL. I thought for the longest time that my parents would be the same way. Tahnkfully after 15 years of dicorce, they've mellowed a bit. If he has to, your fiance needs to be able to have the firm discussion that they SHALL keep their shit to themselves tat day, as it's not about them. And repeat the speech if necessary. ;)

Firseal
07-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Congrats. Enjoy it.

If nothing else, being about to be married is a time when it is socially acceptable for women to be insane. Not entirely sure why, but there it is.

Frenzy
07-09-2010, 05:27 PM
European women don't have kids anymore anyways. That's why the whole continent is dying out and being taken over by ...

... Oh! You've become a Muslim. :eek:

Wasn't that the plot of The Years of Rice and Salt?

anyways, congrats Anaiya!!!

DahLliA
07-09-2010, 05:28 PM
congrats :D

pops taer
07-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Congratulations my Lady!!! And you aren't crazy til you do it the second time!!! Or is it the third. Maybe I should ask my Bride.:)

But anyhow would love to be there and give you the TL father support. Congratulations to you and the lucky devil

Kurtz
07-09-2010, 08:28 PM
I only come on here to pick up women and you all keep getting married ffs

Congratulations Anaiya :), I recall you are rather wonderful and your husband is a lucky man.

jason wolfbrother
07-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Congratulations Anaiya. Have fun, enjoy being crazy and don't stress too much. :cool: :cool:

SauceyBlueConfetti
07-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Congrats. Make it simple. I am sure with your aesthetic style it (and you) will be beautiful and memorable!

Hopper
07-10-2010, 10:46 PM
Congratulations. I hope you have a beautiful day.

Tamyrlin
07-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Around here! Congrats, that's very exciting - let the stress commence. :)

Uno
07-15-2010, 02:16 AM
Congratulations.

Ishara
07-15-2010, 10:25 AM
You know, I'd ask for a status update, but she's probably busy. ;)