07-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Happy Birthday, HW! :)

Isabel
07-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Happy birthday :)

Weird Harold
07-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks everyone.

The Granddaughters are taking me to three museums tomorrow (scheduling conflict for going today.) I'm not sure whether that because I like museums or because they're soliciting bids on where to donate me. :D

Hopper
07-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Just hope the Medical Science Museum outbids the Museum of Natural History and Archeology and Ripley's Believe it or Not.

Happy birthday regardless of who wins the bid.

Weird Harold
07-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Just hope the Medical Science Museum outbids the Museum of Natural History and Archeology and Ripley's Believe it or Not.

Happy birthday regardless of who wins the bid.
Turns out that one of the three isn't open on Sundays. I think I'm safe though; I don't glow in the dark so the Atomic History Museum won't want me and the Liberace museum doesn't have a fossil exhibit. (they picked the Liberace museum because of the pianos -- so they say.)

Nazbaque
07-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Happy B-day WH

Ishara
07-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Thanks everyone.

The Granddaughters are taking me to three museums tomorrow (scheduling conflict for going today.) I'm not sure whether that because I like museums or because they're soliciting bids on where to donate me. :D

LOL - Hope you had a wonderful day with your grand-daughters WH!! And that you enjoyed the pianos! ;)

Birgitte
07-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Happy B-Day, WH!

Weird Harold
07-19-2010, 12:01 AM
LOL - Hope you had a wonderful day with your grand-daughters WH!! And that you enjoyed the pianos! ;)
The Museums were fun.

At the Atomic Museum, I was really interested in the NEVA display (a nuclear rocket engine design from the 60s) because I just fininshed Threshold By Eric Flint and Ryk Spoor that uses NEVA rocket engines as a major plot device.

At the Liberace Museum, one of his cars in the collection is a custom Roll Royce replica built on a 1972 VW Beetle chassis and drive train -- My elder Granddaughter drives a 1974 VW Beetle that needs some body work and a new paint job....

As for the Pianos, there were three worth noticing:

1: An upright piano that survived the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake

2: A 17th century, almost prototypical, piano; Contemporary with and co-located with several classical composers -- IIRC, Frans List(sp) was one of them.

3: A Steinway Grand Piano from the estate of George Gershwin that he is known to have composed most of his Broadway musicals on.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Happy Birthday, WH!

DahLliA
07-19-2010, 04:00 PM
happy birthday

lurk
07-20-2010, 11:34 AM
geez everybodies parents were busy 9 months ago..
powerfailures, holidays, fairs?

oh wait we do not want to know that

Happy Birthday WH

Weird Harold
07-20-2010, 01:51 PM
powerfailures, holidays, fairs?
Hunting accident. :D

jason wolfbrother
07-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Hunting accident. :D

Lol now I'm curious. there has to be a great story behind that line WH :)

Weird Harold
07-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Lol now I'm curious. there has to be a great story behind that line WH :)
Not much to tell. I was born in mid-july, almost two weeks late. My folks went hunting the first week of the previous October. They weren't planning on having a second child until the following year, so I was an uplanned pregnancy begun on a hunting trip -- a literal hunting acccident.

lurk
07-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Not much to tell. I was born in mid-july, almost two weeks late. My folks went hunting the first week of the previous October. They weren't planning on having a second child until the following year, so I was an uplanned pregnancy begun on a hunting trip -- a literal hunting acccident.

So daddy did shoot straight then.... :D

jason wolfbrother
07-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Lol yeah daddy did. :cool: