PDA

View Full Version : Melancholy and Nostalgic

pops taer
07-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Please allow me to wax a bit melancholy and nostalgic today. Last Wednesday I received a call informing me that my Uncle Jack, my Dad's brother, had passed away at the age of 87. With his passing only 2 of the 9 siblings remain. One 94 and one 98. So you can easily understand the feeling of loss there. Uncle Jack was a quiet man that loved all his nieces and nephews and doted on them since he couldn't have children of his own and because of that problem never married. Before, during and after the funeral stories were passed among us that fit all categories from funny to sad and beyond. He will be greatly missed by all of the family and many others in the community.

And now for the nostalgia..My Story....Many years ago there was a TV show hosted by a gent named Arther Godfrey..."the old redhead". Uncle Jack lived and worked in St. Louis and occasionally on weekends he would come home for a visit. Sometimes he would bring a small TV and we would all watch. One time he came in for a week and brought the TV and we would sit early in the morning and watch. It was that time and while we were watching the Arther Godfrey show that I was introduced to my all time favorite country music singer and one no other can replace. Miss Patsy Cline laid her claim to fame and was introduced to the nation on that show and followed with several other appearances. She became on of the biggest stars in the country music world at the time and even though she was killed in a plane crash in the early '60's, her music still lives on in many ways. Okay nuff said.

Unk you will be greatly missed around here and know that we all love you.

Thanks friends!!!

Ishara
07-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh, Pops. It's not been a good year for you with the family, has it? Sorry....

~hugs~

WinespringBrother
07-19-2010, 02:46 PM
The Taer clan has my condolences.

Birgitte
07-19-2010, 06:27 PM
~hugs Pops~ I'm sorry. Love to your family.

Hopper
07-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Hugs to the Taer clan.

Brita
07-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Aw- pops. My condolences.

yks 6nnetu hing
07-20-2010, 08:41 AM
Hard times :( hugs and best wishes to the Taer clan!

Crispin's Crispian
07-21-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm sorry about your uncle, Pops.

I can't help singing "I Fall To Pieces" to myself now.

Uno
07-21-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm sorry about your uncle. Take care.

Gilshalos Sedai
07-22-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm so sorry, Pops. *hugs* You have mine and Bryan's prayers and condolences.