PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft II

DahLliA
07-28-2010, 06:32 PM
anyone else playing?

I am. and loving it. completed the campaign today. gotta say it's the most brilliant RTS-campaign I've ever played.

everything from the story, to the gameplay to all the small extra-things to do is just so well made.

been playing the beta for a couple months so the multi-player wasn't that big of a thing after release. but it is very good too.

you can really understand why Blizzard is pretty much the king of competetive RTS play.

ShadowbaneX
07-28-2010, 08:12 PM
I picked it up yesterday and I'm playing through it. I'm not entirely sure how far I am through it, I'd guess about half-way though and yes, it is very good.

fdsaf3
08-02-2010, 11:19 PM
I was worried about the change in art design from the first to the second. The game has permanently assauged any lingering fears I had on that score. The units move perfectly through immaculately designed levels, and while the art is different, it doesn't affect the core gameplay that I remember from the original.

My *only* gripe so far with respect to the game play is that the hotkeys were remapped from the original. That's frustrating given that I played the original as recently as Saturday before I bought SC2.

I haven't finished the campaign, but the story so far is decent enough. I never was that attached to the story in the first, so that's not the biggest deal for me. My biggest concerns were the art design (mentioned) and the competitive aspects. I can't speak to the latter quite yet since I've only played a few matches, but so far so good.

The game gets a 9.4/10 for me right now.

DahLliA
08-03-2010, 08:58 PM
the multi-player is quite well balanced at the moment IMO. though I wish they'd tone down the power of rushing in 3v3 and 4v4. on most maps there is simply no way to get support to the other people in time if all 4 rush one person.

ShadowbaneX
08-04-2010, 05:02 AM
I just played through the campaign. I haven't even tried the multiplayer yet.

DahLliA
08-04-2010, 08:21 AM
I just played through the campaign. I haven't even tried the multiplayer yet.

you should. it's quite fun now that you actually get matched with people you got a chance to beat

ShadowbaneX
08-04-2010, 03:55 PM
I suck at multitasking and that's one of the things you really need in order to play StarCraft. Especially in the multiplayer/1v1.

DahLliA
08-04-2010, 04:17 PM
I suck at multitasking and that's one of the things you really need in order to play StarCraft. Especially in the multiplayer/1v1.

I used to be like that too. but it's really not that hard to become averagely good.

couple of tricks that makes things way easier is setting all your production buildings to one control group. then you can focus on attacking while still building units in your base.

same with upgrades and stuff. just tab between the different types of buildings.