PDA

View Full Version : Greetings...

iokepa
08-09-2010, 12:44 PM
So here's my noob hello post. I've been lurking around the boards for a week or two - enjoying all the WoT Freaks here, good to know I'm not the only one. :D

A little about myself:
I'm 29, got two kids and a wife. I've lived in Texas almost my whole life, play & write music, love red wine, hate white wine, been reading WoT since FoH came out in 93, but this is my first venture into the online community.

I've already learned quite a bit that I hadn't thought of, just by reading the different theories. I'm still working on finishing the Interview Database (very good job collecting all that together).

So there you go. Greetings to all... if I've left out some important peace of personal info you feel needs to be know - ask away! :)

Sarevok
08-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Yay! First reply! :D

Welcome to TL, iokepa!

Tell us something about yourself! Oh, you already did? :(

Oh well. :)

*sets Naz on fire*

Nazbaque
08-09-2010, 01:37 PM
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Terez
08-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm still working on finishing the Interview Database (very good job collecting all that together).
Thanks. :) I'm glad you find it useful. I think I already welcomed you on WoT discussion...but welcome anyway. I like the noobs that go there first the best.

Anaiya Sedai
08-09-2010, 03:08 PM
welcome, iokepa! feel free to help yourself to naz's nuts...

iokepa
08-09-2010, 03:27 PM

Heh. That actually made me laugh out loud...nice.

Nazbaque
08-09-2010, 05:27 PM
A man's nuts are his own private kingdom! I shall guard them with my life!

*Lifts his leg*

Now would someone pull that splinter off my foot?

Oh and welcome Io!

DahLliA
08-10-2010, 09:21 AM

fourth reply and it's already dirty. good job Ana :p

welcome Iokepa !:D

yks 6nnetu hing
08-10-2010, 10:36 AM
welcome!

please stay around... please please... we need new blood. Not the sparkly kind, just new will do.

Io, I like that. um... this one, right?
http://webgis.wr.usgs.gov/pigwad/downloads/digeol/io3.gif

not the nymph (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Io_(mythology))

or is there any other story to the name?

Davian93
08-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Welcome.

GonzoTheGreat
08-10-2010, 11:37 AM
or is there any other story to the name?Iokepa (http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Iokepa).

Cary Sedai
08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Welcome to TL, Iokepa!

~sprinkles fairy dust on noob~

:D

iokepa
08-10-2010, 01:48 PM
or is there any other story to the name?

Gonzo got it...just a way of saying Joseph in other languages. Mystery solved!

Also - I'm not planning on going anywhere, I just have to hurry and catch up on the Interview Database, and 'old' theories - their all new to me. I feel so behind! Grr...:)

Matoyak
08-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Woot, another Texan.

Welcome, Io, to our own little spot-o'-crazy. Straitjackets to the right, help yourself.

yks 6nnetu hing
08-11-2010, 05:00 AM
Gonzo got it...just a way of saying Joseph in other languages. Mystery solved!

Also - I'm not planning on going anywhere, I just have to hurry and catch up on the Interview Database, and 'old' theories - their all new to me. I feel so behind! Grr...:)

I blame lazyness in typing out the whole name to google search. on my part, that is.

pops taer
08-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Welcome, IO....as you can quickly tell, the welcomes and all other threads run from tasteful to tasteless. We fight, cuss, discuss and so forth but in the end we all go to bed at night Theorylanders one and all. So once again, Welcome to our crazy, mixed up world. There is no other WoT site like it and never will be.

Pops taer

Brita
08-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Welcome, IO....as you can quickly tell, the welcomes and all other threads run from tasteful to tasteless. We fight, cuss, discuss and so forth but in the end we all go to bed at night Theorylanders one and all. So once again, Welcome to our crazy, mixed up world. There is no other WoT site like it and never will be.

Pops taer

That brought a little tear to my eye, it did. Well said.

Welcome IO! So....who's you favourite characters, what are your favourite scenes, what are you most looking forward to reading about in the last 2 books?

Birgitte
08-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Welcome to the Insanity, Io!