PDA

View Full Version : Attention all ya'll new folk....

pops taer
08-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Now that you have told us you are here. Don't forget to use the whole board to let us know that you are still here. Please, Please don't check in and then disappear. Regardless of how hard we pick on each other, we still stand up for each other when the time is right. In most cases we are completely harmless, except for 1 or 2 and you will have to figure out who that is...(whispers ~ Gonzo is one but he lives too far away to worry about) The escape couch and Mountain Dew are free for the taking if you can beat some folks to the cooler. And someone is always giving away cakes and cookies. So hang in there and become one of the blithering idiots that love WOT and poking semi-serious fun.

Pops

iokepa
08-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the note, I will do my best - but i have to admit I've resolved to not make another assumption about the WoT world until I finish reading the Interview Database.

Still, I'm sure I'll find a way to butt it...

:)

Terez
08-12-2010, 08:47 PM
There's no need to make such a resolution; we are pretty lenient with noobs with it comes to the interviews and such. It's annoying when noobs refuse to use resources and expect us to dig up stuff for them (though it's different with book quotes - not everyone has ebooks or access to the search engine), but we do not expect you to know everything. ;)

PS - Don't mind Neil; he is mean to everyone. I had to look at your posts to see who had been mean to you, lol.

Neilbert
08-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the note, I will do my best - but i have to admit I've resolved to not make another assumption about the WoT world until I finish reading the Interview Database.

You are my favorite newb.

GonzoTheGreat
08-13-2010, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the note, I will do my best - but i have to admit I've resolved to not make another assumption about the WoT world until I finish reading the Interview Database.Don't worry about that, the first three letters in assumption aren't there without reason.

iokepa
08-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Alright, alright - you've all convinced me! :)

Works for me since I'd probably have a real hard time staying out of a good thread anyways..

Sei'taer
08-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Don't worry about that, the first three letters in assumption aren't there without reason.

Assumption: Making as Ass of U and Mption for many long years?

I'm assuming you know who Mption is...

GonzoTheGreat
08-13-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm assuming you know who Mption is...I suspect that you are familiar with Ming.

Sei'taer
08-13-2010, 10:21 AM
I suspect that you are familiar with Ming.

suspeculation will get you nowhere.

iokepa
08-13-2010, 12:13 PM
PS - Don't mind Neil; he is mean to everyone. I had to look at your posts to see who had been mean to you, lol.

While I appreciate you watching out for me, for the record - I didn't think anyone had been 'mean' too much, mostly I just hate being wrong. :D

Terez
08-13-2010, 02:59 PM
I understand. :)

GonzoTheGreat
08-14-2010, 03:55 AM
Assumptions are what you make when looking towards the future. If you look to the past, do you then make headumptions, faceumptions or something else? Neither really seems to catch the intended meaning, I think.

Zaela Sedai
08-14-2010, 09:23 AM
I'm generaally willing to take the chains out to protect a youngin... but most don't see it as a punishment lol

Queen of Malkier
08-20-2010, 06:22 AM
I'm still alive, if not particularly loud and kicking on the forum. Rereading the books because it's been several years since the last time. Hello, everyone~ *waves* (I think my name got recycled, which might as well since I couldn't find my password) back to youngling on the boards!