PDA

View Full Version : Wow...Nebraska ROCKS

Sei'taer
08-16-2010, 08:26 AM
And Connecticut sucks... (http://money.cnn.com/news/storysupplement/economy/state_debt/index.html)

Tennessee's not to shabby either, but we're no Wyoming!

GonzoTheGreat
08-16-2010, 09:15 AM
As far as I can see, Connecticut wins. Texas is doing rather badly, for a state that wants to be Number One in everything.

Frenzy
08-16-2010, 09:39 AM
it's a bit disturbing that the high population states like CA & NY are also high debt per capita states. That's a lot of debt.

But Cali has things like this (http://www.grilledcheeseinvitational.com/norcal/), which totally makes up for it.

Davian93
08-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Vermont Rocks...being a hugely progressive state that offers a ton of services and yet still has a low amount of debt.

Kiss my arse, Red States!

Sei'taer
08-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Vermont Rocks...being a hugely progressive state that offers a ton of services and yet still has a low amount of debt.

Kiss my arse, Red States!

I think you should be kissing your state gov'ts ass for keeping things in line better than most of the other blue states.

Firseal
08-16-2010, 06:32 PM
More bloody politics? Fah, to the lot.

I hearby declare that Virginia is a Yellow State and both Blue and Red can go wait for cake.

Sei'taer
08-16-2010, 07:57 PM
More bloody politics? Fah, to the lot.

I hearby declare that Virginia is a Yellow State and both Blue and Red can go wait for cake.

funny you should say that. (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20012789-503544.html)

Zaela Sedai
08-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Meh... at least theres only 3 million of us in CT

jason wolfbrother
08-16-2010, 08:58 PM
But Cali has things like this (http://www.grilledcheeseinvitational.com/norcal/), which totally makes up for it.

Why am I not surprised that this competition is held in San Francisco? :D:D:eek::eek::cool::rolleyes:

Davian93
08-16-2010, 09:47 PM
I think you should be kissing your state gov'ts ass for keeping things in line better than most of the other blue states.

LOL...you should see my property tax bill Taer. We have our cake and pay for it in VT. Though I will be the first to admit its a very fair and progressive tiered tax system that takes income levels into account as well as other things like if they're non residdnts or farms or if its a disabled vet (tax break for me)

Davian93
08-16-2010, 09:54 PM
As far as I can see, Connecticut wins. Texas is doing rather badly, for a state that wants to be Number One in everything.

Aalaska is a joke. They shouldn't have any debt whatsoever considering their vast natural resources...their former governor was brutal to run up even the little amoount of debt they have.

Firseal
08-17-2010, 12:16 AM
funny you should say that. (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20012789-503544.html)

Um. The hell, Sei'taer?

One - that is no more connected to anything I said than apples are to sea vent exploration.
Two - the story you sent me to is the most complete and total bullshit story from a biased reporter I've read in months. Which is something of a prize. Considering what any politician spends when they travel (Sarah Palin and entourage have been described as a plague of locusts more than once) and the prices required for any large group of people to go anywhere (even ordinary people, but if the President's wife went somewhere without a secretary, perhaps a gopher or two, and her Secret Service continent, people would scream more bloody murder because that's foolhardy, and no political leader or close family member to one in the world does that) means that you are multiplying what one person takes to go someplace by the cost of the others to go with them. The state mandates that the First Lady travel thus: using it to make her out as an elitist would be as wrong as if the media (which is continually called on being biased towards liberals, but doesn't shriek as loud or as shrill when conservatives do this, meaning the media remains an equal opportunity offender) did this every time Bush was in power, and members of his family went somewhere.
I suppose what the horrible thing is, is she vacationed in France, not Texas. The article even mentions that the Secret Service is keeping this a secret, as if that is either a surprise or unreasonable.
That has got to be one of the most intellectually insulting articles I ever read, not to mention a rather odd non-sequitor.

Sei'taer
08-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Um. The hell, Sei'taer?

One - that is no more connected to anything I said than apples are to sea vent exploration.
Two - the story you sent me to is the most complete and total bullshit story from a biased reporter I've read in months. Which is something of a prize. Considering what any politician spends when they travel (Sarah Palin and entourage have been described as a plague of locusts more than once) and the prices required for any large group of people to go anywhere (even ordinary people, but if the President's wife went somewhere without a secretary, perhaps a gopher or two, and her Secret Service continent, people would scream more bloody murder because that's foolhardy, and no political leader or close family member to one in the world does that) means that you are multiplying what one person takes to go someplace by the cost of the others to go with them. The state mandates that the First Lady travel thus: using it to make her out as an elitist would be as wrong as if the media (which is continually called on being biased towards liberals, but doesn't shriek as loud or as shrill when conservatives do this, meaning the media remains an equal opportunity offender) did this every time Bush was in power, and members of his family went somewhere.
I suppose what the horrible thing is, is she vacationed in France, not Texas. The article even mentions that the Secret Service is keeping this a secret, as if that is either a surprise or unreasonable.
That has got to be one of the most intellectually insulting articles I ever read, not to mention a rather odd non-sequitor.

Look, you're the one who talked about cake and that reminded me of hearing some douche on the news call her michelle antoinette so it made a connection for me and I posted it. If Dav is allowed to hate a despise Sarah Palin, then I'm allowed to hate and despise michelle obama...even though it's for very different reasons. I think Dav wants to do Sarah and he's like the little kid pulling a girls hair in elementary school. That's my theory and I think it's a pretty good one.

Ivhon
08-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Look, you're the one who talked about cake and that reminded me of hearing some douche on the news call her michelle antoinette so it made a connection for me and I posted it. If Dav is allowed to hate a despise Sarah Palin, then I'm allowed to hate and despise michelle obama...even though it's for very different reasons. I think Dav wants to do Sarah and he's like the little kid pulling a girls hair in elementary school. That's my theory and I think it's a pretty good one.

I think he does too. But I think it would simply be a hatefvck...not like the childhood infatuation.

Sei'taer
08-17-2010, 08:08 AM
I think he does too. But I think it would simply be a hatefvck...not like the childhood infatuation.

I dunno...it might be a little of that, but mostly I think he's just feeling inordinate amounts of lust. The only way to get rid of it is to do her and then go on with life.

It could be worse...he could be looking to bang Nancy Pelosi. (shouldn't have said that so early in the morning. I almost lost my breakfast)

Ivhon
08-17-2010, 08:52 AM
I dunno...it might be a little of that, but mostly I think he's just feeling inordinate amounts of lust. The only way to get rid of it is to do her and then go on with life.

It could be worse...he could be looking to bang Nancy Pelosi. (shouldn't have said that so early in the morning. I almost lost my breakfast)

DUDE!! I have an interview this morning....

Sei'taer
08-17-2010, 08:54 AM
DUDE!! I have an interview this morning....

Sorry...I should have asked first.

Davian93
08-17-2010, 09:39 AM

Dude you are killing me...just terrible imagery.

Firseal
08-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Sorry...I should have asked first.

You mean, you don't normally ask before you bang Nancy Palosi?

Really?

I have no problem with your hatred of Michelle Obama, especially as you yourself realize it is irrational. (Sarah Palin more deserves pity and loathing than hatred, but the way Davian obsesses it could be a career.) But there is a difference between rampantly hating someone and presenting something which is demonstrably stupid and would take a third grader with a calculator five minutes and google to laugh off and making a valid, if irrationally hatefilled, critique.

If you must hate her, hate her right. Do better. I know you can.

Sei'taer
08-17-2010, 10:38 PM
You mean, you don't normally ask before you bang Nancy Palosi?

Really?

I have no problem with your hatred of Michelle Obama, especially as you yourself realize it is irrational. (Sarah Palin more deserves pity and loathing than hatred, but the way Davian obsesses it could be a career.) But there is a difference between rampantly hating someone and presenting something which is demonstrably stupid and would take a third grader with a calculator five minutes and google to laugh off and making a valid, if irrationally hatefilled, critique.

If you must hate her, hate her right. Do better. I know you can.

Well, I thought it was funny since you brought up cake and all...

I always thought political hatred was on an irrational plane anyway so I didn't see the need in being rational and actually doing any kind of research on it because rational hate requires an unjust act to be played upon the...um hatee(e).

Ah, yes found it:

Hate, a complex subject, divides into two general categories: rational and irrational. Unjust acts inspire rational hate. Hatred of a person based on race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin or political affiliation, constitutes irrational hate.

Firseal
08-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Well, I thought it was funny since you brought up cake and all...

I always thought political hatred was on an irrational plane anyway so I didn't see the need in being rational and actually doing any kind of research on it because rational hate requires an unjust act to be played upon the...um hatee(e).

Ah, yes found it:

It isn't the unreasonableness that I am objecting to. It is the rank stupidity.

You can be a gibbering madman for all I care. But be bright about it. This was so far below par that it was not deserving of you; as I said, if you must hate, rational or not, do better.

Sei'taer
08-18-2010, 03:54 PM
It isn't the unreasonableness that I am objecting to. It is the rank stupidity.

You can be a gibbering madman for all I care. But be bright about it. This was so far below par that it was not deserving of you; as I said, if you must hate, rational or not, do better.

Ah, I see what you mean. (Not really, but go with it because it's a terrible discussion anyway and I've learned that the next time I crack a joke I'll make sure everyone knows I'm joking so we don't have to have this roundy-round weird thing going on that I don't even understand.) If it happens again, I'll point out that you said let them eat cake and call you a marie antoinette-ite.

Firseal
08-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Perhaps we need an outright humor thread

Been awhile.

We could use it.

yks 6nnetu hing
08-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Perhaps we need an outright humor thread

Been awhile.

We could use it.

I thought all threads here were humour threads :eek:

Ozymandias
08-22-2010, 10:58 AM
it's a bit disturbing that the high population states like CA & NY are also high debt per capita states. That's a lot of debt.

It makes a lot of sense, though. Big states with lots of people have the most infrastructure and pension liability to cover, and while they have large tax bases, their share of federal funding is comparatively tiny next to states like the Dakota's or Montana, which have very little, if any, costs to run the state.

California is screwed because they have a constitutional provision forbidding them from raising property taxes.

Ozymandias
08-22-2010, 11:01 AM

MIchelle Obama is about 10 times hotter than Sarah Palin... so I like Michelle Obama better!

(for all the media press on Palin's looks, I've seen both of them in person and Michelle Obama is freakin gorgeous and Sarah Palin really does look like a pig with some makeup on).

StrangePackage
08-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Hell, I even thought I was dead 'til I found out it was just that I was in Nebraska.