PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion, board cleanup

1Powerslave
09-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi, all, Tam,

I think the Wheel Of Time Discussion Forums could use a bit of a clean up.

The board as a whole contains a lot of forums now. And while it is all good to categorize stuff, I feel that there are some forums that could be moved to the back or removed to create more space for the most needed ones.

There are seven forums in Wheel Of Time Discussion Forums section at the moment:

Book 13: Towers of Midnight
Book 12: Gathering Storm
Book tour: Gathering Storm
General Wheel of time discussion
Theoryland news and stuff
Wheel of time theory database
Theoryland Scholars (has never been used!!)

I think it should only be these four:

Book 13: Towers of Midnight
General Wheel Of Time Discussion
Book tour: Towers of Midnight
Wheel Of Time Theory Database

Less clutterish more stylish that way. The other forums can be moved/archived. Also, the Steddings section contains some forums that last saw action in 2009. Might be moved to a new section for less used forums.

So, Tam. How about we schedule these changes for 2012? :)

GonzoTheGreat
09-04-2010, 08:29 AM
So, Tam. How about we schedule these changes for 2012? :)Cynical. Also optimistic, but cynical nonetheless.

Terez
09-04-2010, 02:46 PM
This has already been suggested. We need a spoiler board, a general discussion board, a board for cons, a board for report info (maybe those two could be combined), and a board for resources. We do not need a separate forum for every con.

GonzoTheGreat
09-04-2010, 03:16 PM
We do not need a separate forum for every con.Would we need a board for neo-cons?

Tamyrlin
09-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Once this Hunt is finished, or I have it under better control. Thank you for the suggestions - all being taken into consideration.

Tamyrlin
09-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Organization completed - now on to style template changes for those of you that hate reading light text on dark backgrounds.

Ishara
09-20-2010, 12:36 PM
But I like it!

Birgitte
09-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Organization completed - now on to style template changes for those of you that hate reading light text on dark backgrounds.

You're totally awesome.

Ishara
09-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Here's a question: what happened to the Scholar's Board?

Terez
09-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Tam hid it since no one uses it. Not much of use on it anyway. The only interesting things we ever did on that board are at Yuku.

Tamyrlin
09-23-2010, 01:35 AM
But I like it!

But I'm going to make it an option to switch on the light side and dark side of TL. Might have some fun with that even :)

Of course, by default, everyone with see the dark version, but they can choose the light if they'd like...eventually. Still formulating plans for that.

GonzoTheGreat
09-23-2010, 04:13 AM
Something like this?No man can walk so long in the Light that he cannot come again to the Shadow.