PDA

View Full Version : Ebook cover for TGS Released on Tor.com

Tamyrlin
09-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Tor.com Ebook Cover Art (http://bit.ly/bglB2r)

Very cool - the artist posted a youtube video of the progression of designing this cover art. Inspires me to wish I was a better artist.

I hope the books are released one day with these covers too. :)

Bryan
09-04-2010, 04:57 PM
The cover is cool and I guess they felt like Rand has been featured enough and Egwene needed one but... The clouds parting for the sun to shine on Rand atop Dragonmount was basically the most powerful part of the series and would have made for a more artistic, moving piece of art, in my opinion.

Ieyasu
09-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Lame. I liked Sweet's better personally.

atleast for that cover...

some of the ebook covers are badass... that one is not.

Ishara
09-04-2010, 10:33 PM
I like it! Not as much as some of the others, but it is an iconic moment from the books, so it's certainly not bad. The one thing I kind of object to is that by depicting the sa'angreal, it looks like a wand...

Bryan
09-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Lame. I liked Sweet's better personally.

atleast for that cover...

some of the ebook covers are badass... that one is not.

I can see not loving this, but Sweet's is pretty much the most atrocious piece of "art" in the entire series.

Neilbert
09-05-2010, 07:10 AM
It might be good if I hadn't accidentaly seen six billion wizards throwing lightning bolts at dragons in my life. This is really one of those things where if you don't have a super cool original amazing take (and you don't) you should stay away from the whole concept.

Ieyasu
09-06-2010, 02:00 AM
I can see not loving this, but Sweet's is pretty much the most atrocious piece of "art" in the entire series.

Yeah that about sums it up.

Terez
09-06-2010, 02:07 AM
I like it! Not as much as some of the others, but it is an iconic moment from the books, so it's certainly not bad. The one thing I kind of object to is that by depicting the sa'angreal, it looks like a wand...
It is a wand, if not in the traditional sense.

1Powerslave
09-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Sweet's > this... :/

GonzoTheGreat
09-06-2010, 03:56 AM
I like it! Not as much as some of the others, but it is an iconic moment from the books, so it's certainly not bad. The one thing I kind of object to is that by depicting the sa'angreal, it looks like a wand...Are you, by any chance, Sweet?
She smiled broadly, stepping up to a shelf and sliding a fluted white wand as long as her forearm off the top shelf. She'd found it! She held it reverently for a moment, then reached and pulled the One Power through it. An awesome, almost overpowering, torrent of power flooded through her.I do not think it is really fair to blame an artist for doing a proper job, but then, my artistic qualifications are amazingly absent, so I may indeed not be the best judge of this kind of thing.

Terez
09-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Well, it was all about the scene they chose to depict. There was a discussion on DM previous to the release of this one, and a lot of people mentioned this scene of course, but we figured it would be too spoilerish. I suggested Gawyn carrying her, or possibly Rand on the peak of Dragonmount, laughing, with a bit of sky above. That would have been awesome, not so spoilerish (since it's hard to tell what's going on there if you don't know in advance), and not involving a wand and things that look like dragons.

Ishara
09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
LOL - exactly. This series isn't about dragons and wands, and I'd hate for it to be perceived that way...

fdsaf3
09-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Only in the past few days have I read people's thoughts that the cover art for the books is bad, and I am continuing to be surprised at how vehemently some people are in expressing their views. Maybe it's just me, but I typically spend more time reading what's inside the pages and not looking at the cover. :)

Daekyras
09-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Only in the past few days have I read people's thoughts that the cover art for the books is bad, and I am continuing to be surprised at how vehemently some people are in expressing their views. Maybe it's just me, but I typically spend more time reading what's inside the pages and not looking at the cover. :)

As does everyone here, hopefully :) However, some of the cover art has been TERRIBLE and the cover of TGS was up there with the worst of them.