PDA

View Full Version : New guy....

Confinfantry
09-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Well I have been a fan of Wot for a while now and have listened to the wonderful Tamyrlin doing a podcast and thought its time I joined up and said hi.

BTW... WHERE IS MY FAIRY DUST CARY!!!.. LOL

Well I have been reading Jordan since college back in about '03 and am now doing my official "READ" through picking out this and that... (I have read several of the books over but not the entire series in one go...) I am stoked about the next book and have even ready some of Brandon's books and am glad Harriet chose him to finish the series.

Well hope to pop in now and again and make my comments on some things and will see what happen soon with the Towers of Midnight....

GonzoTheGreat
09-05-2010, 04:23 AM
Welcome to the board.
The Fairy Dust is getting somewhat scarce. It seems as though Cary is using most of it on someone who is allergic to the stuff.

Sarevok
09-05-2010, 06:23 AM
Welcome to TL! :)

I might have some fairy dust lying around. I haven't used it in a while, since at first Cary was usually here, and now we've had been short of newbies for a while. :(

*finds pouch of fairy dust*
*sprinkles fairy dust over Confinfantry*

Cary Sedai
09-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the board.
The Fairy Dust is getting somewhat scarce. It seems as though Cary is using most of it on someone who is allergic to the stuff.

...maybe... :p

Welcome to TL, con!!!!

~sprinkles Con with lots of fairy dust~
~hands a fresh pouch to Sare~
~readies the marshmellows~

BTW, this is my friend from work, so don't worry... you can't scare him off. Go Nutty! :D

Zanguini
09-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Well since I married a fairy I now go to the local Witchgnome for Allergen shots so I dont sneeze my lungs out through my nose ... If you want fairy dust its still 8.99 a vial 35.00 For 3.

Zaela Sedai
09-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Consider yourself officially welcomed to Theoryland CON!! (New yet knows of the faity dust... Cary WHAT are you up to!!!) As I'm sure you've noticed, we have a pretty decent community of WoT fanatics over here. One of the ways that we keep it all friendly is a short list of courtesies we ask people to follow and, once in a while, actually do get followed. Imagine that! Insane people following some sort of order!

1) Don't flood the board with multiple THREADS all at once.
Allow us the time to absorb, evaluate, and discuss, OR LAUGH at one or two ideas, OR JOKES at a time. Some of us like to do a little research before responding and that can take a little time. Of course, we also have those others who are just a bit slow. Read that as "just can't handle more than one thought in their heads at once" or "dial-up modem". Your choice. I'd suggest "have a real life", but not likely. Does anyone still have dial up? Wow...it's getting hard to give the slow people an excuse

Addendum to 1) Try to stay on topic.
Going off on tangents can be super fun and is something we are all guilty of your's truly included but try and keep threads on topic unless, 1) the thread is dead or 2) the thread naturally moves over to another topic. This rule is much more lax for joke threads, pop culture threads...etc.

2) Try to back up your opinions & theories.
You'll get a lot more respect if you can. Quotes from the books (of which you CANNOT read too much) are your best weapon. Quotes from interviews are semi-acceptable. Gut feelings are pseudo-acceptable. Whitecloak blind-faith is best submitted while wearing asbestos panties.

3) Feel free to get as emotionally involved as you'd like.
Discussions can get very heated. But try not to take things personally. Remember: we only insult the ones we love. Or the ones we eventually hand over to the Trollocs.

4) Be respectful.
A lot of people have been around Theoryland for a long time. Being a Youngling means you're new around here. We do understand that you may have been reading WoT forever, but if you're gonna pick a fight regarding a WoT theory with someone who's an Elder, Ancient or Hero, understand that they've been around for a while now, and probably have posting friends. And Tamyrlin is Lord of the Board for a reason: this whole place is his brainchild. Keep that in mind. They also have posting enemies.... a good little bit of information to tuck away.

Addendum to 4: This is an international community.
In regards to the Non-WoT discussion groups, please respect the opinions of people from nations and cultures other than your own, even if you disagree with them or the policies of their leaders and politicians. Try to remember that not everyone here has the same outlook or life experience that you might. If you want to send a letter or e-mail to anyone in particular to indicate any specific moral, educational, intellectual, or genetic deficiencies they may have, feel free. Just please don't do it here.

Addendum 1 to Addendum 4: We don't all agree about the issues regarding the military action in Iraq. Post about this issue at your own risk. Things seem to be under control now. Though, there have been some flare-ups….be careful. We have had our own TLers over there, back home safe and sound, hope it stays that way. (I can't wait to be able to delete this Addendum.)

Addendum 2 to Addendum 4: Please no angry profanity.
If you really need to tell someone off, be creative. And replacing characters with @$$ does NOT constitute creativity. I like tend to like the Shakespearean approach myself. The smarter and more subtle you are with it, just makes the person look that much more an idiot.

Addendum 3 to Addendum 4: Please be nice to Newbies.
We were all new at one time you are one right now and there is no need to come down on anyone for asking questions that to the elder community may be basic knowledge. This is for you to remember after you've been here awhile.

Addendum 4 to Addendum 4: Please TRY not to feed the Trolls.
Trust me, it ain't easy at times, but ignore the obvious instigators. Just sit yourself down between the Heroes and Ancients sharpening the WTF Couch sticks. There are many on the board who know how to deal with this breed, leave them to it. It can be quite entertaining. If things get too offensive to the population in general, Mods will intervene. Feel free, however, to respond to Gonzo, our Resident Troll, we love him like a red-headed step child.

5) Please don't use the New Users Forum to recruit.
We have plenty of room in the other forums for begging for support for factions, theories, and the TCA. Please let the newbies look around for a while before taking sides in any pseudo-battles. ~looks around~ our biggest offender has not been around for a while ~sniff~

6) Most important: Have Fun!
We do this because we love it and like to think that we are, at least, reasonably intelligent. Hell, some of us have deluded ourselves into believing that we've evolved into supremely intelligent beings! Half the posters here believe that divine supremacy has already come to them! My vote is for Frenzy, and myself, of course. You know the Truth when you see it. Don't let T and her massive bag o' quotes fool you. We will assume some intelligence on your part. You found us, didn't you? Until you prove otherwise…and there are many who have, you'll be safe. If you get hurt if you do prove otherwise, I will offer my one free Healing…but just that once. After that you get to meet a special pair of chains, Mwahahahaa

Remember, you EARN your respect here, it's not given out freely and some may never know the pleasure.

Welcome to our little rounded corner! It’s a great time!

Enjoy!

Zaela Sedai, Official Theoryland Greeter, Mistress of Novices

DahLliA
09-05-2010, 06:24 PM
welcome ! :D

Confinfantry
09-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Hey guys thanks for the welcome and thx for the fairy dust guys.. HHAHAHAHA Cary was just too slow this time... As Cary said yes I work with her and is primarily how I was directed to the site... I think I ran across it before when reading the series the first time but NOW I have decided to definitely be a part of something. As I mentioned before I am doing my first official "READ" through for big stuff and have been taking some notes and am really thinking over the stuff Min saw about the boys and trying to reason some of it out....

Cary Sedai
09-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Hey guys thanks for the welcome and thx for the fairy dust guys.. HHAHAHAHA Cary was just too slow this time... As Cary said yes I work with her and is primarily how I was directed to the site... I think I ran across it before when reading the series the first time but NOW I have decided to definitely be a part of something. As I mentioned before I am doing my first official "READ" through for big stuff and have been taking some notes and am really thinking over the stuff Min saw about the boys and trying to reason some of it out....

*and attacking Cary with WoT questions everytime I see her at work.

There fixed it :p

Davian93
09-06-2010, 10:26 PM

Welcome!

Anaiya Sedai
09-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Welcome to TL!

Nazbaque
09-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Welcome con!

You may call me Naz!

I am probably the most insane person in this place so don't feed me any personal items.

*Sets himself on fire*

Want some roasted nuts?

Cary Sedai
09-07-2010, 01:52 PM
~roasts marshmellows over her brothers flaming body, hands a few to Con, munches the rest~
:D

Alanna Alai
09-07-2010, 02:18 PM
~pulls out the popcorn~

gifts naz with some thermite powder. "for next time"

Tamyrlin
09-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Well I have been a fan of Wot for a while now and have listened to the wonderful Tamyrlin doing a podcast and thought its time I joined up and said hi.

Welcome to Theoryland! I'm trying to get them to invite me again to do a Tel'aran'rhiod podcast.

Matoyak
09-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Welcome to Theoryland! I'm trying to get them to invite me again to do a Tel'aran'rhiod podcast.I would listen...always on the lookout for more podcasts (makes driving times go by a bit faster)

WELCOME Con, to TL. Straightjackets are to the right. Have fun :)

Confinfantry
09-13-2010, 12:41 AM
Welcome to Theoryland! I'm trying to get them to invite me again to do a Tel'aran'rhiod podcast.

That would be great! I keep downloading more of them going back in time to hear what Virginia and them have to say and its great stuff!

Confinfantry
09-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Well I have been debating what to give a few of you to make things more interesting.....

To Naz... some NAPALM...
To Zaela... A warm thank you for the welcome
To Zan... Yes that is a great thread, and also here is some anti-histamine for all that fairy dust you have floating around you...
To Cary... I HAVE A QUESTION!!!!

Cary Sedai
09-15-2010, 02:34 AM
~slips in steals the NAPALM, warm welcome, anti-histamine AND the QUESTION~

~whistles innocently, while sprinkling fairy dust over Con~

Confinfantry
09-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Wow guess I need to get more stuff then...

Tries to locate plastic bubble for cary's hubby...
Grabs some marshmellons to roast over Cary when she gets set on fire shortly...
Finds my zippo lighter and chases after Cary and her fairy dust...

Cary Sedai
09-15-2010, 02:42 AM
ACK!

Calling all the defenders of the fairy! HALP!

Sarevok
09-15-2010, 04:33 AM
*stands between Conf and Cary*

You might to rethink your actions there.

*considers pushing conf into the Naz-bonfire*

Nazbaque
09-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Hey no setting my sis on fire!

Cary, take cover behind the light of my fire! And get rid of that napalm! I tried it once and the groin rash I got was insane.

Conf, don't make me use Fire Power. Or my cuendillar sword. Or the singing chipmunks.

Cary Sedai
09-17-2010, 02:15 PM
~peeks out from behind her Warder and Brother~

Neener, neener, neener :p

Nazbaque
09-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Sis? The napalm?

Cary Sedai
09-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Oh yea!

~lobs napalm at PD~

~squeaks, giggles, keeps hiding behind her brother and warder~

Confinfantry
09-19-2010, 11:15 PM
LOL <sticks tongue out at Cary>

Guess you and your guards won this time...... I'll be back.... ;)

So who can i chase now? Wait I need to talk with someone.... <Closes eyes> OK!! <opens eyes revealing a new color......>

tworiverswoman
09-19-2010, 11:31 PM
!!

Cary... Warder Sister or not, you KNOW I can't let you go lobbing Napalm at my (our) Asha'man, even if he DOES say it relieves his itchies. So stop that!

Welcome to TL, person whose name gives me a headache ;)

Matoyak
09-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Welcome to TL, person whose name gives me a headache ;)Just use the short versions. Easier that way. :p :)

Cary Sedai
09-20-2010, 02:04 PM
!!

Cary... Warder Sister or not, you KNOW I can't let you go lobbing Napalm at my (our) Asha'man, even if he DOES say it relieves his itchies. So stop that

But, but, but... SIS! It's so FUN!!!! :D

tworiverswoman
09-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Just use the short versions. Easier that way. :p :)How 'bout I call him "soldier?"

Bad sis! :) ;)

Shock Lance
09-22-2010, 12:22 AM
~Steps out of shadows~

~makes sure Cary is fine, hands her extra napalm canister~

Hi Con Welcome to TL, find the Beer in the eskie.
Enjoy.

~steps back into shadows~

Confinfantry
09-23-2010, 12:04 AM
THANKS for the beer. and Cary I gotta find a way to get you...... Where is Hopper when I need him....

And I guess I will explain my sn..... I am a American Civil War Reenactor/Living Historian. I mostly portray a Confederate soldier in the Infantry so if you work it out.... ConfInfantry.... LOL

Confinfantry
10-18-2010, 12:48 AM
SO I feel a little left out... No one asked me questions... about wot or non wot... :(

Sarevok
10-18-2010, 04:54 AM
So, Conf, tell us something about yourself!
What's your favourite WoT novel? chapter? character? non-WoT book?
Where are you from? Anything else I forgot to ask?

GonzoTheGreat
10-18-2010, 04:58 AM
SO I feel a little left out... No one asked me questions... about wot or non wot... :(Why do you think no one asked you any question?

Confinfantry
10-18-2010, 07:16 PM
not a clue. maybe cause we are all crazy... LOL

Confinfantry
10-18-2010, 08:20 PM
So, Conf, tell us something about yourself!
What's your favourite WoT novel? chapter? character? non-WoT book?
Where are you from? Anything else I forgot to ask?

Well let me type this a second time... (as my net crashed then logged me out of here when i went to post the reply...)

Well as some of you may know from reading my posts here and there I am a Civil War reenactor(ergo my sn). I love to read and to do anything with music. I also love to cook,be outside, watch movies, and play video games. I am an avid Halo freak and Stargate, Star Wars, Star Trek, and well almost any scifi and fantasy stuff.. LOL I am currently running the World's Largest Dungeon and have set it in 3.5 D&D campaign. I am the DM and this is my first time as a DM and am loving it!!

Moving on....

As for my favorite WoT book that is currently a debate... I am doing my first official read through so I will have to get back with you on all of that. I do clearly remember when I read about Egwene becoming Amrylin and Verin's confession of being Black. But By far my favorite character is Perrin... He reminds me a lot of myself and I can easily see what he does and put it into how i would react. So really any book that has A LOT of Perrin is excellent in my humble opinion....

As for non-WoT book I enjoy Tolkien, Lewis, the Lost Regiment series, Rogue Squadron series, War of the Spider Queen series and many more. Soon I hope to read the Pern series and and Dragonlance series and the Drizit books by Salvatore. yes I love to read.. HAHAHAHA

As some of you may know I do know Cari Sedai personally and do work with her.. So for the rest of you I will fill you in... I am from the Great State of ARKANSAS in the good ole USofA!! GO HOGS GO!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOWIE!!!!

ok lemme calm down now... HAHAHA If there is anything else you wanna know feel free to shout out my way and I'll be more than happy to put in my thoughts on it... I may even some time step my toe into the non-wot discussions but I must first work on my tower shield so I do not get bloodied in the first 5 seconds...