PDA

View Full Version : San Bruno Fire

Frenzy
09-10-2010, 03:04 AM
FYI: Local news (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_large_explosion) making headlines. And stupidass comments about religion and politics. San Bruno's about 30 miles north of me, so i'm ok. i don't know any Theorylanders near that area (4Alethinos is across the Bay and JWB is in the Central Valley).

nameless
09-10-2010, 03:37 AM
I know some people who live off Skyline, but I think the blast was a ways north from them. I should check and make sure they're ok. My friends who were out driving today said there was a biblical pillar of smoke off the side of the 101.

I just read through that link... yikes. The last estimate I'd seen said no deaths and 20 homes destroyed. I guess either the fire's gotten worse or my source was really low balling it.

30 miles south? That'd put you around San Jose, right?

Sei'taer
09-10-2010, 08:19 AM
Holy Smokes! We have 3 Texas gas mains that run through here going to the Ohio Valley. There are 2 30" mains and a 36" main. I can just imagine what kind of damage a 24" main would do because of what we have been told would happen if one of the Texas mains ever blew.

Keep us updated, Frenzy...and don't volunteer for anything.

Frenzy
09-10-2010, 10:31 AM
It's pretty bad. The explosion knocked out the hydrant lines, so they had to pump water in from a couple miles away. There's a reservoir nearby, and helicoptors were dropping water on the fire. In a residential area, which almost never happens (20k of water all at once packs quite a punch). Last report I heard said 6 fatalities and 50 injured. Those injuries won't be pretty, since it's a gigantic fireball and all.

Someone slap me please. i should know better than to read comments on internet news stories. Anonymous asshats using any handy corpse to put their soapbox on and spew forth their filth. It's people like that that make me think this world needs about 3 billion fewer people.

Mort
09-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Someone slap me please. i should know better than to read comments on internet news stories. Anonymous asshats using any handy corpse to put their soapbox on and spew forth their filth. It's people like that that make me think this world needs about 3 billion fewer people.

That would be wonderful. Heck, I'd settle for a million ;)

Davian93
09-12-2010, 04:55 PM
It's pretty bad. The explosion knocked out the hydrant lines, so they had to pump water in from a couple miles away. There's a reservoir nearby, and helicoptors were dropping water on the fire. In a residential area, which almost never happens (20k of water all at once packs quite a punch). Last report I heard said 6 fatalities and 50 injured. Those injuries won't be pretty, since it's a gigantic fireball and all.

Try about 5.5 billion less. That'd pretty much filter out the morons. If that happens, I claim New England and eastern Canada (Ontario, Quebec, PEI, Nova Scotia) as my domains.

Orc
09-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Try about 5.5 billion less. That'd pretty much filter out the morons. If that happens, I claim New England and eastern Canada (Ontario, Quebec, PEI, Nova Scotia) as my domains.

What about New Brunswick? Poor New Brunswick. Always forgotten.

Marie Curie 7
09-12-2010, 10:23 PM

You will have to fight me for Cape Cod. At least until sea level rises and it's covered by the ocean.

Davian93
09-13-2010, 06:29 AM
What about New Brunswick? Poor New Brunswick. Always forgotten.

Ahh, New Brunswick...yeah, I'll take them too.

Marie, we'll have to discuss Cape Cod...perhaps you can have it as a self-governing protectorate as long as I still get Nantucket and the Vineyard.

Sei'taer
09-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Ahh, New Brunswick...yeah, I'll take them too.

Marie, we'll have to discuss Cape Cod...perhaps you can have it as a self-governing protectorate as long as I still get Nantucket and the Vineyard.

Note my sig...the General of the Southern Border part. If you haven't watched Swamp People on the history channel then you have no idea what you're missing down in the south, and the deep, deep south.

And, I don't have to worry about mine getting covered by ocean.

yks 6nnetu hing
09-13-2010, 08:33 AM
Bruno... fire... my first thought was Giordano Bruno but apparently he was burned at the stake on Feb. 17th. And he most cenrtainly hasn't been canonized, the city isn't even named after him. Sad day for jokes.

Even sadder day for everyone who got hurt and lost property :( glad you're ok though Frenzy!

Ivhon
09-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Note my sig...the General of the Southern Border part. If you haven't watched Swamp People on the history channel then you have no idea what you're missing down in the south, and the deep, deep south.

And, I don't have to worry about mine getting covered by ocean.

I want them to do Mountain People.... Might see some folks I know

Marie Curie 7
09-13-2010, 11:35 AM

I'm fine with you having the Islands. I just want the Cape. :D

Davian93
09-13-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm fine with you having the Islands. I just want the Cape. :D

I will, of course, need unfettered access to the Cape so that I can get to the island ferries.