PDA

View Full Version : Can I move to New Jersey

Hopper
09-10-2010, 05:32 AM
I like the way the Governor thinks and speaks.

Clash with Teacher (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nj-gov-christie-clashes-with-teacher-at-town-hall/)

GonzoTheGreat
09-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Ye Being In Which I Do Not Believe!

An honest politician! How did that one ever manage to get elected?

Gilshalos Sedai
09-10-2010, 07:41 AM
You could move to New Jersey, but then you'd have to deal with Jersey Shore.

Sei'taer
09-10-2010, 08:08 AM

I'm thinking of starting Memphis Sandbar. I'm telling you, it'd be a hit.

I like that video, Hopper.

Zaela Sedai
09-10-2010, 11:47 AM

And the smell

fdsaf3
09-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Why does everyone make fun of the smell in New Jersey? Parts of it are downright nice!

Firseal
09-10-2010, 04:05 PM
I am reminded of that one kind of fish that, a tiny bit of it is a delicacy. The rest is terrible poison.

New Jersey. Parts of it are nice...

Ivhon
09-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Why does everyone make fun of the smell in New Jersey? Parts of it are downright nice!

Yeah...there is about a 20 sq. mile area in central Jersey that is nice. The other 28,980....not so much

EDIT: And that 20 sq. mile area has one of the highest per capita densities of assholes in the country...so in a way, you are still dealing with the smell.

Davian93
09-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I am reminded of that one kind of fish that, a tiny bit of it is a delicacy. The rest is terrible poison.

New Jersey. Parts of it are nice...

I mean, you can't beat the Pine Barrens...some beautiful country out there. Driving through the Pine Barrens is like taking the Delorian back to 1955 for the level of "culture" you can see.

Oh, and in all seriousness, before moving to Jersey, check out their property taxes (highest in the U.S.)

Firseal
09-10-2010, 06:49 PM
The Pine Barrens.

Really.

The ones inhabitted by the Jersey Devil.

Go right on in, folks. Mind the possible demonic monsters.

Zaela Sedai
09-11-2010, 09:45 PM

Because if you live in New England you have to drive through the smell to get to the "nice" parts. My father lives in Cherry Hill... taxes are about 10k a year I believe... rediculous. And the whole having to turn right to go left.... even more rediculous. If someone from CT is saying taxes are rediculous, you know it's bad LOL

I was also born in Atlantic City, so I can say whatever I want about NJ ;)

Davian93
09-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Because if you live in New England you have to drive through the smell to get to the "nice" parts. My father lives in Cherry Hill... taxes are about 10k a year I believe... rediculous. And the whole having to turn right to go left.... even more rediculous. If someone from CT is saying taxes are rediculous, you know it's bad LOL

I was also born in Atlantic City, so I can say whatever I want about NJ ;)

Cape May is nice...

Yeah, their taxes make New England's look affordable. I pay just under 2% of my property's value in taxes every year and think its outrageous. Though we do have really good schools so I cant complain all that much I guess. I think most of NJ has taxes nearly double that.

Zae, you Dad should just move over to the PA side of the river if he's in Cherry Hill. PA's property taxes are way lower.

Zaela Sedai
09-13-2010, 10:25 AM
I know they both work in Philly Hospitals. But I have 5 brothers and sisters down there so its more of a letting them finish school, youngest is in 8th grade this year...or is it 9th...

Plus I still have to drive through stinky Newark to get to Philly lol

Davian93
09-13-2010, 10:28 AM
When I go to Philly to visit family, I take 87 to 287 to 78 over to Allentown and then come down the NE Extension into the Philly area...it avoids most of the crappy traffic in N. NJ and on 95 in Jersey.

You could take 84 to 87 to 287, etc if they lived on the PA side.

Zaela Sedai
09-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah you definitely can do that, but for me its a guaranteed 1.5 hour extra driving... there's always a SLIGHT CHANCE that I may not get stuck in traffic on the bridges....like 1% chance lol.

the ride to my family in Allentown is easy... I love 84...I detest 95... and the GW...and even the Tappanzee...see this is why we hate NJ so much... not only does it smell you can't get too it in the 3 hours it should take instead its 4 , and whenever you come home its more like 6 because of all the people trying to get the hell out..