PDA

View Full Version : Birthday.

Firseal
09-14-2010, 09:42 PM
As I predicted this time last year, no one remembered my birthday.

So my gift to myself is that I was right about you all forgetting.

Uno
09-14-2010, 09:47 PM
To be fair, a lot of us aren't sure that you were actually born.

Firseal
09-14-2010, 09:53 PM
To be fair, it is possible I wasn't.

But I originated on this date, one way or the other. In human society as well as those patterned after it (to wit, any terrestrial pet or AI) that qualifies as a birthday.

Sei'taer
09-14-2010, 10:19 PM
To be fair, it is possible I wasn't.

But I originated on this date, one way or the other. In human society as well as those patterned after it (to wit, any terrestrial pet or AI) that qualifies as a birthday.

Scary. Obviously you got drunk and posted here so now we can make (more) fun of you forevermore!

Congrats on the new emotion chip, btw!

bowlwoman
09-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Hey, I didn't forget since you tried to hijack my birthday thread yesterday. I just didn't get a chance to say anything yet. :P

Taredarzet shnorhavor! Ois guade winsch i dia zum Gbuadsdog! Parabéns a você! Chestit Rojden Den! Per molts anys! Sun Yat Fai Lok! qu ni sheng er kuai le Vsechno nejlepsi k Tvym narozeninam! Tillykke med fodselsdagen! Hartelijk gefeliciteerd! Happy Birthday! Felichan Naskightagon! Hyvaa syntymapaivaa! Bonne Fête! Joyeux Anniversaire! Alles Gute zum Geburtstag! Eytyxismena Genethlia! Hau`oli la hanau! Janam Din ki badhai! Boldog szuletesnapot! Til hamingju med afmaelisdaginn! Buon Compleanno! Otanjou-bi Omedetou Gozaimasu! Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da! Fortuna dies natalis! Vill Gleck fir daei Geburtsdaag! Selamat Hari Jadi! Gratulerer med dagen! Tavalodet Mobarak! Wszystkiego Najlepszego! Parabens pelo seu aniversario! Feliz Aniversario! La Multi Ani! S dniom razhdjenia! Achent'annos! Achent'annos! Vsetko najlepsie k narodeninam! Feliz Cumpleaños! Grattis på födelsedagen San leaz quiet lo! Suk San Wan Keut! Dogum gunun kutlu olsun! Chuc Mung Sinh Nhat!

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n233/bowlwoman/directionalcookiecake.jpg

And, some flowers just so you know how much we all love you.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n233/bowlwoman/birthdayflowers.jpg

Cary Sedai
09-15-2010, 01:45 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (BELATED)!

Just means you can celebrate longer! ;)

~slips a nice big vial of fairy dust to Firseal~

yks 6nnetu hing
09-15-2010, 02:33 AM
psst... it helps if you have either ticked or unticked (don't remember which) the box on your TL profile that allows showing when your birthday is. Then, on the day that you've given as your birthday, a little cake icon will show up at the bottom of the main page ;) I looked for your birthday icon yesterday, it wasn't there so I wasn't sure if you were being funny about your birthday in Bowlwoman's thread...

but, anyways, Happy birthday!

http://www.happyhippykids.com/eshop/images/18%20Eeyore%20HB.jpg

well, sort of.

are you old now?

Sarevok
09-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Happy Bday, Firseal!

Davian93
09-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Happy Birthday Firseal.

If it helps, no one ever remembers mine either.

yks 6nnetu hing
09-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Happy Birthday Firseal.

If it helps, no one ever remembers mine either.

do you have the "show birthday" option enabled?

Personally, I only remember a handful of people's birthdays by heart. Some I remember because they're on the same day as someone else I know, for example my grandmother shares a birthday with 2 of my friends. My father and my brother have a birthday exactly a month apart. That sort of stuff. (electronic) reminders can be annoying (if they're on Facebook or some such) but useful.

Davian93
09-15-2010, 07:36 AM
do you have the "show birthday" option enabled?

Personally, I only remember a handful of people's birthdays by heart. Some I remember because they're on the same day as someone else I know, for example my grandmother shares a birthday with 2 of my friends. My father and my brother have a birthday exactly a month apart. That sort of stuff. (electronic) reminders can be annoying (if they're on Facebook or some such) but useful.

LOL...probably not.

Gilshalos Sedai
09-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Yeah, Seal, if you don't tell anyone you have a birthday, you can't expect them to remember it.

Happy birthday! Even if it is belated!

DahLliA
09-15-2010, 08:21 AM
happy belated !

if it makes you feel better they forgot mine too, and mine does show up :p

Brita
09-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Happy Birthday Firseal. (I just enabled my birthday to be shown.....although I will have to wait almost a year for it to mean something :( )

Davian93
09-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Happy Birthday Firseal. (I just enabled my birthday to be shown.....although I will have to wait almost a year for it to mean something :( )

Happy belated Birthday Brita!

Brita
09-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Happy belated Birthday Brita!

Pfffff, whatever.

:p

Anaiya Sedai
09-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Happy belated Birthday, Firseal. Next year, try unhiding your date of birth. :)

Crispin's Crispian
09-15-2010, 11:05 AM
happy belated !

if it makes you feel better they forgot mine too, and mine does show up :p

Yeah, same here. Though I've never checked to see if it actually shows up, but it's supposed to.

Does anyone have a violin I can borrow? A tiny, tiny one?

WinespringBrother
09-15-2010, 11:48 AM
happy birthday, Seal. now go setup a facebook profile and friend all the tl'ers, dammit. I only know bdays from there.

yks 6nnetu hing
09-15-2010, 12:38 PM
Yeah, same here. Though I've never checked to see if it actually shows up, but it's supposed to.

Does anyone have a violin I can borrow? A tiny, tiny one?

*ahem* (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3110) It does, yes. Now, about that violin...

Crispin's Crispian
09-15-2010, 02:04 PM
*ahem* (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=3110) It does, yes. Now, about that violin...

Wow. Totally forgot about that. :o

Now why did I have the impression it never happened...? Maybe I just updated my birthday thingy this year. LOL

Sei'taer
09-15-2010, 04:11 PM
"WTF are you doing with live chickens?" -Sei'taer

Hell yeah!

Zaela Sedai
09-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Happy Birthday Seal! Yeah I knew it was too from your hijack LOL. But I knew you'd rather it be this way

Bryan Blaire
09-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Again, Happy Belated B-day, Mr. 'Seal. I figured if I called you the other one I call you, you'd blow apart into greasy person chunks on the board and call me nasty names. :D

Hope you had a good one as well.

(Hey, at least I came back and was wishing happy b-days)

Firseal
09-17-2010, 04:37 AM
Again, Happy Belated B-day, Mr. 'Seal. I figured if I called you the other one I call you, you'd blow apart into greasy person chunks on the board and call me nasty names. :D

Hope you had a good one as well.

(Hey, at least I came back and was wishing happy b-days)

What other name? Just curious, but aside from the Eye thing some people still think is amusing and the furry seal thing that some people ... I really don't know... I don't recall any particular name difficulties.