PDA

View Full Version : Problem......with posting..

pops taer
09-16-2010, 10:02 AM
The last few days I have taken a few minutes to type up a fairly long post only to have myself timed out for some reason or be told I am not logged in. My post is lost and I have to start over. What's up???? Is it me? If so what am I doing wrong. Remember my "short term memory" isn't as long as it used to be and I can't always remember exactly how I worded everything so I can redo the post. LOL. Seriously though...I just lost a post that was at the end of the 6 day delivery post....took about 5 minutes to put it together.

lowlandr
09-16-2010, 10:30 AM
same here...

need to save my message before posting and hope I'm not timed out

One Armed Gimp
09-16-2010, 11:29 AM
I haven't had the problem here, but on other sites I have and I trained myself to copy the post before posting it.

DahLliA
09-16-2010, 11:33 AM
hasn't happened to me. then again most my post have about as much content as your average blonde's head:p

Davian93
09-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Are you remembering to click the "remember me" box when logging in? It seems to time you out pretty fast if you dont do that IIRC.

Sei'taer
09-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Are you remembering to click the "remember me" box when logging in? It seems to time you out pretty fast if you dont do that IIRC.

Lol! I called him and told him exactly the same thing!

yks 6nnetu hing
09-16-2010, 12:17 PM

yep, that's when it stopped happening to me :p

Firseal
09-17-2010, 04:39 AM
That little click box is probably the problem. Still, if you have a very lengthy post, always best to save before you navigate from the page, even if it is only a quick highlight all, click 'copy' and such.

Gives you immediate backup that doesn't require anything open but the page.

Mort
09-17-2010, 05:14 AM
It has happened to me as well. Although if I just log in on the directed log in page, it automagically submits my post I wrote, so it should be saving it...

Terez
09-17-2010, 05:50 AM
I think it has something to do with all the Hunt traffic we've been getting. DM was having a similar problem.

Davian93
09-17-2010, 06:08 AM
I think it has something to do with all the Hunt traffic we've been getting. DM was having a similar problem.

Damned Outlanders...