PDA

View Full Version : This is what I'm thinking...

Tamyrlin
09-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Non WoT discussion seems to thrive, especially between books. I know this is years later than this should have happened, but I'm considering throwing up a section of the forums for specific book discussion on other series. A general section and then sub-forums for specific series that have enough of a following among us to warrant their discussion.

So - yes, no, other thought?

ShadowbaneX
09-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Sounds good although I think this forum should be called the Books of Translation though. ;)

Zaela Sedai
09-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Agree with Mr. Moo Moo, but yes this is a good idea :D

Artur pendragon
09-18-2010, 03:52 PM
I thank this is a great idea:). I hope it's up soon.

Sei'taer
09-18-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm down for it. (was that cool enough for a cool new board?)

DahLliA
09-18-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm down for it. (was that cool enough for a cool new board?)

should've been "I'm down, dawg", but yeah. I like this idea

Davian93
09-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Sounds like a good enough idea. I totally missed this Forum (tucked away at the bottom) for a couple days obviously. Perhaps a post on the new-non WOT would help advertise it.

Mort
09-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Sounds like a good idea. It's for love of reading we're all hear (a specific series at least ;) ) so having another subforum with other book discussions without having to wade through the non-wot board for it is nice.

Although I dunno how many books merits the same thorough analysis as WoT does, probably very few ;)

Likely there will be threads with questions about book suggestions.

How about whenever someone comes across a new series and read at least a book, they can review it here? I like reading fantasy and sci-fi but WoT is one of the few I keep to nowadays. Getting news of new and or read-worthy books/series would be nice.

Also, how about starting up a semi-serious discussion about ASoIF? The only problem is the huge time between books. Next one is probably a year off still...