PDA

View Full Version : A Long-Overdue Introduction

Indagator
09-21-2010, 02:10 PM
I've heard that even the most devoted Lurker can repent and seek the Light. Here's my attempt.

I've been reading WOT since just after Winter's Heart came out, in the tail end of 2000. I found TL in February or March of 2001, back in the EZboard days. I was amazed to find this community discussing these books I loved. I devoured every thread and theory I could find. After a couple weeks I signed up and posted once or twice. (Unwisely, it turned out. Foolish young men should rightly fear the wrath of Frenzy.) But though I followed the boards almost obsessively, I held back from joining in. How could I participate without reading every thread, without knowing all that had come before? And there was so much, even then. Eventually I became discouraged and found other interests, until finally my daily visits dwindled: first weeks, then months, then finally years would pass before I returned.

Thankfully, we can grow out of our neuroses as we mature, or some of them at least. I'd like to at least contribute a little to a community that has supplied me with so many ideas, irritations, and laughter. I don't promise to be a prolific poster, but I'd like to have more than a bare handful of posts by the time AMoL is published.

So: pleased to meet you. I'm Indagator.
________
volcano vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

Cary Sedai
09-21-2010, 02:13 PM
haha! I have first post!!!!

~dumps fairy dust over Indagator~

Welcome,to TL (Officially) :D

Tamyrlin
09-21-2010, 02:14 PM
I've heard that even the most devoted Lurker can repent and seek the Light. Here's my attempt.

I've been reading WOT since just after Winter's Heart came out, in the tail end of 2000. I found TL in February or March of 2001, back in the EZboard days. I was amazed to find this community discussing these books I loved. I devoured every thread and theory I could find. After a couple weeks I signed up and posted once or twice. (Unwisely, it turned out. Foolish young men should rightly fear the wrath of Frenzy.) But though I followed the boards almost obsessively, I held back from joining in. How could I participate without reading every thread, without knowing all that had come before? And there was so much, even then. Eventually I became discouraged and found other interests, until finally my daily visits dwindled: first weeks, then months, then finally years would pass before I returned.

Thankfully, we can grow out of our neuroses as we mature, or some of them at least. I'd like to at least contribute a little to a community that has supplied me with so many ideas, irritations, and laughter. I don't promise to be a prolific poster, but I'd like to have more than a bare handful of posts by the time AMoL is published.

So: pleased to meet you. I'm Indagator.

...to "Eldest Lurker" - heh. Great to have you back again Indagator and posting. I'm sure there will be much to discuss - can't wait for the book and then the interviews and signing questions...these next four or five months should beat us all up all over again.

Sarevok
09-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Welcome (back) to TL, Indagator! :D

Uno
09-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Frenzy came down on you like a wolf on the fold, eh? I'll have to mention it to her if she doesn't spot this thread herself.

Of course, things were different back in those days. Even I did some dashed silly things, at times, but there's no need to go into that now. What handle did you use, anyway? I might remember.

One Armed Gimp
09-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Welcome!

Nazbaque
09-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Welcome Indagator!

You may call me Naz!

DahLliA
09-21-2010, 07:48 PM
welcome. or welcome back I guess even if that was way before my time.

Frenzy is still around btw. and you know what they say about women. they forgive. but never forget :p

Indagator
09-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

@Tamyrlin - Hehe, I'm going to put that in my sig.

@Uno - Yeah, I was walking around with blisters for a month from the flaming Frenzy gave me. Of course, I deserved it. Sharp lessons make for good teachings, after all. As far as my handle, I'm pretty sure it was "indagator." As I said, though, I only posted a couple times, tops.
________
Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/vaporizers)

Frenzy
09-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Hello Indagator. Let me assure you that i've totally mellowed over the years.

Uno
09-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Hello Indagator. Let me assure you that i've totally mellowed over the years.

Right.