PDA

View Full Version : Epigraphs and Death Quotes - (Major Spilers)

FollowYourMuse
09-26-2010, 01:21 PM
In re-reading just the death Quotes, Could in Death many be seeing bits of the visions that The Almighty left? Like Dalinar is seeing,

This one could be Talenelat.

“The burdens of nine become mine. Why must I carry the madness of them all? Oh, Almighty, release me.” –Dated Palaheses, 1173, unknown seconds pre-death. Subject: a wealthy lighteyes. Sample collected secondhand. - Chapter Fifty-four: Gibletish

A similar Vision to the one that Dalinar saw from the CLiff?

“A man stood on a cliffside and watched his homeland fall into dust. The waters surged beneath, so far beneath. And he heard a child crying. They were his own tears.” –Collected on the 4th of Tanates, year 1171, thirty seconds before death. Subject was a cobbler of some renown. - Chapter Three: City of Bells

Listing of all the Epigraphs:
http://stormlightarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Chapter_Information_-_Epigraphs_and_Viewpoints

amaresu
09-29-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't know, it really almost sounds like the dying people are somehow tapping into the abandoned guy's thoughts. Rather than the visions as I don't think the visions really touched on the Heralds at all and "the burden of nine become mine" really sounds like a Herald thing.

nameless
09-30-2010, 02:36 AM
He was presumably stuck in Damnation until very recently, when he was released to help rally the world to face the coming Desolation. Maybe he can reach the souls of the dying as they go on their way to wherever it is they're going? I think it's a good bet that they aren't actually heading to the Tranquiline Halls, since the Heralds were lying about leaving the mortal realm in order to go reclaim them. Maybe everyone who dies goes to Damnation or Shadesmar or some other place inhabited by beings with superhuman knowledge.