PDA

View Full Version : First Speculation (Spoilers)

Tamyrlin
09-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Considering what Wit/Hoid says to Kaladin, he appears to be a WorldSinger. I'm thinking WorldSinger is something like an Arch Angel, something above the Heralds - or more specifically, WorldSinger is one of many things Hoid is. Likely he uses Shademar to travel between planes and worlds and the guy in Kaladin's camp appears to be someone he has mentored that he checked in on while studying this world. I'm assuming Hoid wants to deny Odium...although Hoid could be Odium...hmm, now I think I'll need to reread his other books...gah.

Of course, I know it's more than that, but I'm taking my first dip into the Cosmere.

TankSpill
10-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Well, I didn't personally see any clues that Hoid was going to be in any way uber-powerful, though he obviously has a greater amount of intuition than just about everyone else in the book.

Granted, I have only read Elantris of Sanderson's other books, so don't know his "Cosmere" all that well...

TankSpill
11-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Tam,
Have you had any more thoughts on this yet? I'm going to re-read tWoK over Christmas, I believe, and thought maybe I should be on the lookout for things.

Belazamon
11-20-2010, 04:23 PM
maybe I should be on the lookout for things.
"Keep a watch out, fools! There are things out there and you know what happens when things arrive!"

~ Karpolan Demesand, The Bonehunters

TankSpill
11-20-2010, 04:52 PM
"Keep a watch out, fools! There are things out there and you know what happens when things arrive!"

~ Karpolan Demesand, The Bonehunters

I do not understand this reference, but I find it somewhat oddly comforting that I laughed when I read it anyway. :)

Belazamon
11-21-2010, 02:41 AM
I do not understand this reference, but I find it somewhat oddly comforting that I laughed when I read it anyway. :)
That's the beauty of a good quote. :)