PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Mat
10-08-2010, 03:15 AM
Hi all,

I'm reading theoryland now since about 3 months and finally made an account :)

As all of you, I'm loving WoT - I'd say I am addicted ;)

About me:
I'm from Zurich, Switzerland.
22 years old and male.

As english isn't my first language and i lernd it more or less autodidactic trough books and movies I would love it when you could turn a blind eye from time to time about my spelling etc. ;)

All the best,
Mat

GonzoTheGreat
10-08-2010, 03:54 AM
Hey, you seem to have spelling, which is more than can be said of some others on the Internet.

Madgod
10-08-2010, 07:27 AM
And from one youngling to another youngling, welcome to Theoryland.

Sarevok
10-08-2010, 08:38 AM
WOW! Switserland is new country here on the boards. It's mostly USA, Canada, UK, Netherlands and Scandinavia here, otherwise. It's always good to have some new input. :)

Welcome to TL Mat! (that might give problems with the other Mat on the boards... Although he hasn't been sighted in over a years, iirc)

Zanguini
10-08-2010, 09:41 AM
dont worry about your english seeings how autodidactic is not a word most english have ever heard of...

If you have an opinion and would like to shove it down someones throat for the hell of it join us over on the non-wot boards.

Zaela Sedai
10-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Consider yourself officially welcomed to Theoryland Mat!!! (I love when people who are ESL know more english than the majority of native speakersLOL) As I'm sure you've noticed, we have a pretty decent community of WoT fanatics over here. One of the ways that we keep it all friendly is a short list of courtesies we ask people to follow and, once in a while, actually do get followed. Imagine that! Insane people following some sort of order!

1) Don't flood the board with multiple THREADS all at once.
Allow us the time to absorb, evaluate, and discuss, OR LAUGH at one or two ideas, OR JOKES at a time. Some of us like to do a little research before responding and that can take a little time. Of course, we also have those others who are just a bit slow. Read that as "just can't handle more than one thought in their heads at once" or "dial-up modem". Your choice. I'd suggest "have a real life", but not likely. Does anyone still have dial up? Wow...it's getting hard to give the slow people an excuse

Addendum to 1) Try to stay on topic.
Going off on tangents can be super fun and is something we are all guilty of your's truly included but try and keep threads on topic unless, 1) the thread is dead or 2) the thread naturally moves over to another topic. This rule is much more lax for joke threads, pop culture threads...etc.

2) Try to back up your opinions & theories.
You'll get a lot more respect if you can. Quotes from the books (of which you CANNOT read too much) are your best weapon. Quotes from interviews are semi-acceptable. Gut feelings are pseudo-acceptable. Whitecloak blind-faith is best submitted while wearing asbestos panties.

3) Feel free to get as emotionally involved as you'd like.
Discussions can get very heated. But try not to take things personally. Remember: we only insult the ones we love. Or the ones we eventually hand over to the Trollocs.

4) Be respectful.
A lot of people have been around Theoryland for a long time. Being a Youngling means you're new around here. We do understand that you may have been reading WoT forever, but if you're gonna pick a fight regarding a WoT theory with someone who's an Elder, Ancient or Hero, understand that they've been around for a while now, and probably have posting friends. And Tamyrlin is Lord of the Board for a reason: this whole place is his brainchild. Keep that in mind. They also have posting enemies.... a good little bit of information to tuck away.

Addendum to 4: This is an international community.
In regards to the Non-WoT discussion groups, please respect the opinions of people from nations and cultures other than your own, even if you disagree with them or the policies of their leaders and politicians. Try to remember that not everyone here has the same outlook or life experience that you might. If you want to send a letter or e-mail to anyone in particular to indicate any specific moral, educational, intellectual, or genetic deficiencies they may have, feel free. Just please don't do it here.

Addendum 1 to Addendum 4: We don't all agree about the issues regarding the military action in Iraq. Post about this issue at your own risk. Things seem to be under control now. Though, there have been some flare-ups….be careful. We have had our own TLers over there, back home safe and sound, hope it stays that way. (I can't wait to be able to delete this Addendum.)

Addendum 2 to Addendum 4: Please no angry profanity.
If you really need to tell someone off, be creative. And replacing characters with @$$ does NOT constitute creativity. I like tend to like the Shakespearean approach myself. The smarter and more subtle you are with it, just makes the person look that much more an idiot.

Addendum 3 to Addendum 4: Please be nice to Newbies.
We were all new at one time you are one right now and there is no need to come down on anyone for asking questions that to the elder community may be basic knowledge. This is for you to remember after you've been here awhile.

Addendum 4 to Addendum 4: Please TRY not to feed the Trolls.
Trust me, it ain't easy at times, but ignore the obvious instigators. Just sit yourself down between the Heroes and Ancients sharpening the WTF Couch sticks. There are many on the board who know how to deal with this breed, leave them to it. It can be quite entertaining. If things get too offensive to the population in general, Mods will intervene. Feel free, however, to respond to Gonzo, our Resident Troll, we love him like a red-headed step child.

5) Please don't use the New Users Forum to recruit.
We have plenty of room in the other forums for begging for support for factions, theories, and the TCA. Please let the newbies look around for a while before taking sides in any pseudo-battles. ~looks around~ our biggest offender has not been around for a while ~sniff~

6) Most important: Have Fun!
We do this because we love it and like to think that we are, at least, reasonably intelligent. Hell, some of us have deluded ourselves into believing that we've evolved into supremely intelligent beings! Half the posters here believe that divine supremacy has already come to them! My vote is for Frenzy, and myself, of course. You know the Truth when you see it. Don't let T and her massive bag o' quotes fool you. We will assume some intelligence on your part. You found us, didn't you? Until you prove otherwise…and there are many who have, you'll be safe. If you get hurt if you do prove otherwise, I will offer my one free Healing…but just that once. After that you get to meet a special pair of chains, Mwahahahaa

Remember, you EARN your respect here, it's not given out freely and some may never know the pleasure.

Welcome to our little rounded corner! It’s a great time!

Enjoy!

Zaela Sedai, Official Theoryland Greeter, Mistress of Novices

Birgitte
10-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the Insanity, Mat2! Don't worry. There's a whole bunch of people here who don't quite understand the whole English spelling and grammar rules. Those of us who do will do our best to refrain from poking fun at you if you make a mistake. (It's WAY more fun to poke fun at native English speakers. It's just sad if they're learning English.) And come practice your English! Join us in the chat! Just check the top left of the screen where it says Home|Chat|Old Forums(Yuku) and click the middle option. We love new people. :)

Welcome to TL Mat! (that might give problems with the other Mat on the boards... Although he hasn't been sighted in over a years, iirc)

It's only been months this time. :( He posted a few times a couple months ago, I swear! Or it could've been in my head. Anyway, I refuse to give up Mat's name to someone else. (Sorry, Mat2. No offense intended.)

dont worry about your english seeings how autodidactic is not a word most english have ever heard of...

Those damn English can't spell and their vocabulary sucks.

Jokeslayer
10-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Welcome to TL, Mat2!

Those damn English can't spell and their vocabulary sucks.

I agree. Damn those English.

Nazbaque
10-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Well I refuse to call him by a name that is longer than his username so...

Welcome M2!!

You may call me Naz!

And don't worry about me! I'll never complain about your spelling or grammar. I'll just assume that how ever you spell it, what you meant to say boils down to "I agree with Naz"

DahLliA
10-10-2010, 10:52 PM
welcome M2(I like it Naz) :D

Mat
10-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Thank you all for the warm welcome :-)

I was quite surprised that I even could register under the name "Mat", thought it would be blocked if anyone already picked it...

But I'm ok with Mat2 or M2 ;-)

Sooo I'm realy looking forward to discuss some Theories and other stuff and thanks again for all the welcomes!

Cheerio

lowlandr
10-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Welcome aboard!!!!

As english isn't my first language and i lernd it more or less autodidactic trough books and movies I would love it when you could turn a blind eye from time to time about my spelling etc. ;)

no worries.. english is my third language and everybody here pretends to understand me :D

WOW! Switserland is new country here on the boards. It's mostly USA, Canada, UK, Netherlands and Scandinavia here, otherwise.

I think the 'where can I get ToM early'-thread has been renamed to the 'Dublin meeting and grab a beer'-thread

Sarevok
10-12-2010, 05:28 AM
no worries.. english is my third language and everybody here pretends to understand me :D

Same here. :D

Viktaar
10-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Hi fellow youngling :D

Terez
10-12-2010, 11:15 AM
I agree.
You would. I think you are one of the few Englishmen I know who actually uses proper English.

Welcome to TL Mat! I don't mind calling you Mat, since the other Mat is never around any more. Also, I am quite sure your English is better than my German.

Zanguini
10-12-2010, 11:15 AM
trilinguists are as bad as bisaxuals

GonzoTheGreat
10-12-2010, 11:26 AM
trilinguists are as bad as bisaxualsPeople who play two saxophones at once? That has to be pretty awful to listen to, I guess.

Terez
10-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Not if one can play in harmony with oneself.

GonzoTheGreat
10-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Not if one can play in harmony with oneself.But that requires two personalities, and you don't believe in that.

Sarevok
10-12-2010, 11:55 AM
People who play two saxophones at once? That has to be pretty awful to listen to, I guess.

Actually, I've seen that on tv as a circus act, once. :) It sounded really nice.

GonzoTheGreat
10-13-2010, 03:50 AM
Actually, I've seen that on tv as a circus act, once. :) It sounded really nice.I reject your reality and substitute my own (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qcccZy03s).

Zanguini
10-13-2010, 08:45 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs244.snc4/39542_1197513195679_1763988941_395941_1531056_n.jp g

This is what I can remember.
If you post here telling me where your at i will make one better
i remember doing this before but i cant remember where the where it is

What I could remember from states... let me know if i can add any
sorry if i forgot you

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=t&chtm=usa&chs=440x220&chf=bg,s,336699&chco=d0d0d0,cc0000&chd=s:99999999999999999&chld=GAARMOTNTXMSHIWICAVTNYMAWAORNVALMI

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=map:fixed=-70,-180,80,180&chs=450x300&chf=bg,s,336699&chco=d0d0d0,cc0000&chd=s:9999999999999&chld=FI|EE|DK|CH|GB|IE|NL|SE|NO|US|CA|AU|NZ

Sarevok
10-13-2010, 12:41 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs244.snc4/39542_1197513195679_1763988941_395941_1531056_n.jp g

If you're counting Romania for Anaiya, then you should count Gemany for her as well. (even though she now lives in the UK) :p

Terez
10-13-2010, 01:49 PM
I thought she had moved back to Munich?

Confinfantry
10-17-2010, 11:59 PM
welcome!

Davian93
10-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Welcome!

Also, isn't A Dragonburned Fool (Yeah, he doesnt post anymore but he was a huge HUGE part of our community and is still technically a member) from either Romania or the Czech Republic?

Zaela Sedai
10-18-2010, 08:47 AM
...You forgot me...

Add CT please

You forgot Tam as well

Add UT

and add NC,IA and FL

:p

Zanguini
10-18-2010, 09:03 AM
http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=t&chtm=usa&chs=440x220&chf=bg,s,336699&chco=d0d0d0,cc0000&chd=s:99999999999999999999&chld=WAORCANVUTTXARMOTNWIMINYVTMACTMSALFLNCIA

fixed
if there are any more post them here

gholam
10-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Welcome aboard.
It's good that I got Mat as soon as I registered.

Beware. Remember that I am after you and am in Caemlyn

Davian93
10-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Arent both Ozy and Spammer in PA? I know Spammer is from PA and I thought Ozy was living in Philly. There's also another member that was from Philly who rarely posts anymore. And Firseal is in Virginia.

And I know we have a Hawaiian TLer.

Zaela Sedai
10-18-2010, 09:40 AM
he had hawaii filled out the first time lol

yks 6nnetu hing
10-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Welcome!

Also, isn't A Dragonburned Fool (Yeah, he doesnt post anymore but he was a huge HUGE part of our community and is still technically a member) from either Romania or the Czech Republic?

I seem to vaguely remember that he was Bulgarian. It's been ages though so I might be wrong.

oh, and Hi!

Zanguini
10-18-2010, 12:05 PM
http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=t&chtm=usa&chs=440x220&chf=bg,s,336699&chco=d0d0d0,cc0000&chd=s:99999999999999999999999999&chld=TXARMOMINYMSALFLILPASCTNCAORWANVUTHINCWIIAMAC TGAVAVT

Added FL for a youngling
Added GA for Camel
Readded HI
Added VA, PA
Also added SC for RJ

Zanguini
10-18-2010, 12:12 PM
those of you in canadia must be feeling left out so.. here
http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=map:fixed=40,-150,75,-50&chs=455x330&chf=bg,s,336699&chco=d0d0d0,cc0000&chd=s:9&chld=CA-ON

Nafro
10-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Lucky for you all I signed up so you can now color Minnesota in red as well.

Jokeslayer
10-18-2010, 12:26 PM
I seem to vaguely remember that he was Bulgarian. It's been ages though so I might be wrong.

oh, and Hi!

FWIW, I also think he's Bulgarian

Confinfantry
10-18-2010, 08:58 PM
HAHAHA wow Bisaxuals LOL I have met someone who can do two at once. it is a feat for sure.... Ambidexterity I think... LOL I'll just stick with my +5 Vorpal sword and be done with it all.